ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anybody else buy Superbowl tickets? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320603)

penguinz 01-19-2019 11:22 AM

I can’t think of a bigger waste of $ than attending a super bowl game. Festivities leading up to it would be a better bang for your $.

Actual game is so much better at home or bar.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-19-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14051798)
OK

Wait. What?

My son is 25, I have told him since he was 4 we would go to the Superbowl if the Chiefs won the AFC. It is on my bucket list because I became a Chiefs fan in the early 70's when I was 5. Make sense now?

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-19-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 14052011)
I can’t think of a bigger waste of $ than attending a super bowl game. Festivities leading up to it would be a better bang for your $.

Actual game is so much better at home or bar.

This is a bucket list thing for me and I am at a point in my life where I comfortable and special time and memories with my kids are hard to beat. I'm taking my daughter to the game Sunday, I could watch it at home, but we wouldn't talk about it 10 years from now. The Superbowl we would, but not in the same way as if we were there, win or lose. I'm a huge Hawkeye fan as well and never went to a bowl because they meant nothing. The only post season game I've went to for the Hawks was the Big 10 Championship vs. MSU, because something was on the line. I look at my friends who've went to bowl games almost every year and this purchase makes a little more sense with the spend.

TwistedChief 01-19-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14051935)
Woah woah woah! What?! They offer to STHs?

https://entertainment.howstuffworks....l-tickets1.htm

Quote:

Your best chance for buying a face-value ticket to the Super Bowl is to be a season ticket holder with an NFL team. If your team is actually playing in the Super Bowl, even better. That's because the NFL divvies up 75 percent of all Super Bowl tickets to each team in the league using the following math:

17.5 percent to the AFC champion
17.5 percent to the NFC champion
6.2 percent to the host team
33.6 percent are distributed among the remaining 28 teams (1.2 percent per team)
The remaining 25.2 percent of all Super Bowl tickets are controlled by the NFL and sold to various partners, sponsors, media and networks [source: Goldberg].

Not all of the Super Bowl tickets allocated to each team are sold to season ticket holders. Many will go to players and their friends and family. The remaining tickets are put into a lottery that randomly picks a lucky season ticket holder.

Why Not? 01-19-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14052070)
This is a bucket list thing for me and I am at a point in my life where I comfortable and special time and memories with my kids are hard to beat. I'm taking my daughter to the game Sunday, I could watch it at home, but we wouldn't talk about it 10 years from now. The Superbowl we would, but not in the same way as if we were there, win or lose. I'm a huge Hawkeye fan as well and never went to a bowl because they meant nothing. The only post season game I've went to for the Hawks was the Big 10 Championship vs. MSU, because something was on the line. I look at my friends who've went to bowl games almost every year and this purchase makes a little more sense with the spend.

My dad took me when I was 19. Steelers vs Cowboys. We could give a **** about either team but he had an opportunity to get two 20 yard line 5th row seats for $1,500 total so we went. It’s an awesome memory. In some ways, I’m glad it was teams I didn’t care about because it was stress free. When I went to game 2 of the ‘14 WS, I was a nervous wreck the whole time. Have a blast

Bewbies 01-19-2019 12:44 PM

If you want to go to the SB go. Who gives a shit what some rando on the inter webs thinks?

I live in ATL. I’m going to look around for tickets next week, doubtful I’ll go though. For me, I’d rather go to Europe, Hawaii or Japan or something for a week or two. But damn I’m gonna party during the run up to the game. Which reminds me. Need to get Foo Fighters tix.

jspchief 01-19-2019 12:51 PM

So many people respond to this sort of thing with comments about having a better view from their couch etc. No one goes to this sort of thing for the view. It's a ****ing experience. An atmosphere. Yeah I can get better sound quality listening to an mp3 file on my computer, but that doesn't mean it's a better experience than going to a concert (for some people).

Good on you for getting the tickets. I'm considering doing the same, but likely won't due to who would go with me. For the people that have whatever reason for not going, that's their prerogative but they sure as hell have no good reason for trying to bring you down.

Once in a lifetime moment with your son.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BWillie 01-19-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 14052216)
So many people respond to this sort of thing with comments about having a better view from their couch etc. No one goes to this sort of thing for the view. It's a ****ing experience. An atmosphere. Yeah I can get better sound quality listening to an mp3 file on my computer, but that doesn't mean it's a better experience than going to a concert (for some people).

Good on you for getting the tickets. I'm considering doing the same, but likely won't due to who would go with me. For the people that have whatever reason for not going, that's their prerogative but they sure as hell have no good reason for trying to bring you down.

I used to have season tickets to the Chiefs - for years. I get a much better view at home and can see what is happening. There were great times to be had - but you get way way more information and a better viewing angle from at home.

The only advantage by going to the game is you think every guy is open and you can see deep plays develop easier.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-19-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14052182)
My dad took me when I was 19. Steelers vs Cowboys. We could give a **** about either team but he had an opportunity to get two 20 yard line 5th row seats for $1,500 total so we went. It’s an awesome memory. In some ways, I’m glad it was teams I didn’t care about because it was stress free. When I went to game 2 of the ‘14 WS, I was a nervous wreck the whole time. Have a blast

I took my son to the '14 WS game 2 as well. Nervous, but we had a great time and great memories. Yordano's pitched well (RIP), and it was a great game.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-19-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 14052216)

Don't worry, no one's bring me down and I respect someone who thinks it foolish. I'm just excited and hope we take care of business tomorrow. Can't wait to get down there!

Why Not? 01-19-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14052352)
I took my son to the '14 WS game 2 as well. Nervous, but we had a great time and great memories. Yordano's pitched well (RIP), and it was a great game.

Indeed.

hometeam 01-19-2019 02:39 PM

I was in the financial situation a few months ago where i told myself I would for sure go.

Then i decided to drop 5 grand more into my race car... so ill have to skip it.

Next year.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-19-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 14052434)
I was in the financial situation a few months ago where i told myself I would for sure go.

Then i decided to drop 5 grand more into my race car... so ill have to skip it.

Next year.

Sounds like money well spent, racing has to be a blast.

IA_Chiefs_fan 01-19-2019 09:24 PM

I have airfare and hotel booked for my 21 YO son and me. I'm hoping like hell that I'm one of the season ticket holders selected. I wonder if the fact that I have eight seats increases the odds over someone with two seats??

If the Chiefs don't win tomorrow we won't go. But we're gonna win!

crispystl 01-19-2019 09:35 PM

[QUOTE=IowaHawkeyeChief;14051482]I pulled the trigger at NFLonlocation.com... Comes with a pregame all-inclusive party and meet and greets of HOF players legends of both teams, figured I can probably break even if we don't fulfill the prophecy.

I know this may sound odd but the AFC championship game has always been the fish I wanted to fry. I dont have much beef with the NFC teams. Plus it our ****ing trophy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk