ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs KC Star: Clark looks forward to next season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269599)

FloridaMan88 02-01-2013 11:28 PM

KC Star: Clark looks forward to next season

Clark excited about an aggressive special teams that can win games and more:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/01...s-forward.html

Chiefs chairman Hunt looks forward to next season

By RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star

Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt is understandably pleased with the hirings of new head coach Andy Reid and general manager John Dorsey. After all, Hunt selected them.

But Hunt is equally excited with another new addition to the Chiefs coaching staff — special-teams coordinator Dave Toub.

“I think we really have a chance to take a step forward in special teams,” Hunt said Friday upon arriving in New Orleans for Super Bowl XLVII. “I grew up with the Chiefs during a period of time in the 1980s when Frank Gansz was the special-teams coach … widely regarded as one of the best in the league at that time and maybe one of the best ever.

“You can think back to some of those seasons in the ’80s, when we won a lot of games with special teams. Well, that’s the mentality that the team is going to have with the new leadership. It’s something Andy believes in. Instead of trying not to make mistakes, we’re going to go out on special teams and try to win football games.”

The Chiefs have not returned a kickoff for a touchdown since the 2009 season or a punt for a touchdown since the 2010 season opener.

Toub was a very well-regarded special-teams coach during his nine seasons with the Chicago Bears. Chicago’s Devin Hester became the NFL’s all-time leader in kick-return touchdowns with 18, including a record 12 punt returns.

After returning from the Senior Bowl last week, Reid, Dorsey and the new assistants have been poring over tapes of the Chiefs’ 2-14 season.

“Andy has been very consistent,” Hunt said. “He thinks we have a lot of talent on the football team. He clearly understands there are things that have to be fixed. We have to be better offensively. That’s going to start with the quarterback position. He has to have better play from the quarterback. That’s one of his main focuses right now and will be through the spring.”

When he was hired, Reid said he wanted to fully evaluate quarterbacks on the roster — Matt Cassel and Ricky Stanzi — before deciding on his next plan of action.

“He’s not made a decision on those guys,” Hunt said of Cassel, who lost his starting job to Brady Quinn last year, and Stanzi, who has yet to play in a game in two years. “He’ll have a chance later this spring to see them in person. He’s had a chance to look at them on tape. I know he’s spent a lot of time focused on the young quarterbacks who will come out in the draft as well as thinking about other possibilities as to how we can improve ourselves at that position.”

The Chiefs could take a quarterback with the first overall pick in the draft if they believe the right player is there.

“It’s exciting to have the No. 1 pick,” Hunt said. “We don’t ever want to have it again because of the season you have to have to get there. It creates a lot of possibilities for us. There’s probably not that franchise quarterback who will be sitting there like there was last year, but still, with that No. 1 pick, you have a lot of options in terms of trades or just taking a player who can really help you upgrade.”

Hunt, who lives in Dallas, said he pays more attention to the Chiefs than many people think.

“The last four or five years after my father passed away, I do spend a lot of my time, in that case speaking with the general manager … thinking through the strategy of who do we need to re-sign, how can we get better at this position?” he said.

Now, with both Reid and Dorsey reporting directly to him, Hunt plans to keep an even stronger pulse on the organization.

“With the change in our reporting structure,” Hunt said, “it will probably be more so because I’m having those conversations with both John and Andy. I want our fans to understand I care. There was a feeling in (Kansas City) that I didn’t care. Nothing could be further from the truth.”

tooge 02-01-2013 11:32 PM

Reading btl, Reid is getting a Qb in the draft. Geno? Who knows, but Reid is taking a QB in the first two rounds. He knows he has shit at Qb right now

B14ckmon 02-01-2013 11:33 PM

Alex Smith is also a QB.

RealSNR 02-01-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9371901)
“It’s exciting to have the No. 1 pick,” Hunt said. “We don’t ever want to have it again because of the season you have to have to get there. It creates a lot of possibilities for us. There’s probably not that franchise quarterback who will be sitting there like there was last year, but still, with that No. 1 pick, you have a lot of options in terms of trades or just taking a player who can really help you upgrade.”

Just stop pretending like you have any clue what the **** you're talking about, Clark. :facepalm:

Thanks for firing ***** and saving our Chiefs. Now back the **** off and let the men talk. Go play with your family fortune. We have work to do.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-01-2013 11:53 PM

the deal is done.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bump 02-01-2013 11:56 PM

You know something?

I'm looking forward to next season too!

wazu 02-02-2013 12:02 AM

Yes, Clark. Please let us relive the 80s. Those were the glory days. I am now convinced the Chiefs are going to fail to draft a QB #1. Which basically makes all of this a waste of ****ing time.

CoMoChief 02-02-2013 12:04 AM

Chiefs are going to try like hell to trade out of that pick and select Tyler Wilson

And all of the Geno knob slobbers are going to meltdown on CP.

tk13 02-02-2013 12:04 AM

In before meltdown.

cdcox 02-02-2013 12:12 AM

Dear Chiefs fans --

We will are going to take someone's cast off QB yet again. We think he is "good enough". We know how disappointed that must make all of you. So to make up for it, we're going to have really good special teams. Isn't that special!

Sincerely,

Clark

bevischief 02-02-2013 12:14 AM

We suck again!

FloridaMan88 02-02-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

“You can think back to some of those seasons in the ’80s, when we won a lot of games with special teams.
Weird quote from Clark. The Chiefs didn't win many games, period in the 1980's.

Also Clark seems more excited about the prospects of an aggressive special teams compared to the prospects of finally drafting a franchise QB with the #1 overall draft pick.

cdcox 02-02-2013 12:28 AM

This reminds me of when I was a kid and every other kid on the block was getting a brand new bicycle. My parents told me that I couldn't have one. They tried console me with a bowl of oatmeal and reminisced about how they survived during the depression by eating this stuff.

Actually my childhood was nothing like that, but if it was, I imagine this is how it would have felt.

RunKC 02-02-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9371901)
“It’s exciting to have the No. 1 pick,” Hunt said. “We don’t ever want to have it again because of the season you have to have to get there. It creates a lot of possibilities for us. There’s probably not that franchise quarterback who will be sitting there like there was last year, but still, with that No. 1 pick, you have a lot of options in terms of trades or just taking a player who can really help you upgrade.

http://i.imgbox.com/adkXkBXg.gif

Strongside 02-02-2013 12:38 AM

Can we hire Tara Lipinski to take out Joeckel's knee before the draft?

Hammock Parties 02-02-2013 12:38 AM

Thanks Clark. You're the best.

Hammock Parties 02-02-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9371975)

I made this face for AN ENTIRE OFFSEASON reading posts on here.

Strongside 02-02-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9371983)
I made this face for AN ENTIRE OFFSEASON reading posts on here.

How you can tell I'm reading CP or checking mock drafts at work...
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/103360_o.gif

RealSNR 02-02-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9371954)
Chiefs are going to try like hell to trade out of that pick and select Tyler Wilson

Go **** a hedgehog

Strongside 02-02-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9371991)
Go **** a hedgehog

I would prefer he **** himself with a hedgehog.

rico 02-02-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9371980)
Can we hire Tara Lipinski to take out Joeckel's knee before the draft?

Lol, nah dude your mixed up, Oksana Baiul did that shit!

Strongside 02-02-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9371994)
Lol, nah dude your mixed up, Oksana Baiul did that shit!

I think we're both mixed up, hahaha. It was Tanya Harding.

I am drunk.

RealSNR 02-02-2013 12:57 AM

Michelle Kwan

Strongside 02-02-2013 12:58 AM

Oh now I remember...It was Kerri Strug clubbing Apollo Anton Ono.

RealSNR 02-02-2013 12:58 AM

I would **** the shit out of Michelle Kwan

http://pics.wikifeet.com/Michelle-Kwan-Feet-71800.jpg

Strongside 02-02-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9372002)

Well, thanks for that. I'll be back in 5.

rico 02-02-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9371997)
I think we're both mixed up, hahaha. It was Tanya Harding.

I am drunk.

Haha, I thought you mixed it up on purpose...I was playing along. As a straight, alpha-male, burley type man who is flooded with excess masculinity, if it's one thing I know well, it's figure skating, yo.

Man, my mom used to be obsessed with that shit.

Strongside 02-02-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9372007)
Haha, I thought you mixed it up on purpose...I was playing along. As a straight, alpha-male, burley type man who is flooded with excess masculinity, if it's one thing I know well, it's figure skating, yo.

Man, my mom used to be obsessed with that shit.

So basically you're this guy:
http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/imag...8034349702.jpg

rico 02-02-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9372001)
Oh now I remember...It was Kerri Strug clubbing Apollo Anton Ono.

No. Shannon Miller and Kim Zmeskal were caught by paparazzi, clubbing with Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton at an Atlanta night club right before the Summer Olympics in 1992 began.

rico 02-02-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9372010)

Pretty close. I have higher cheekbones and bigger biceps....but everything else is close.

Tribal Warfare 02-02-2013 01:09 AM

Wait... wait... wait a minute Clark also said that he was disappointed that Geno wasn't at the Senior Bowl, thus QB evaluations are still incomplete.

Chill, my babies.

Bump 02-02-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9372002)

me too :thumb:

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-02-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

I'd be estatic with this ! And Geno goes to Oakland and becomes the next Jamaarcus Russel. LMAO

bevischief 02-02-2013 05:47 AM

JFC.

CoMoChief 02-02-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9371991)
Go **** a hedgehog

wut? :spock:

HonestChieffan 02-02-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9372084)
I'd be estatic with this ! And Geno goes to Oakland and becomes the next Jamaarcus Russel. LMAO

Bingo.

michaelj_58 02-02-2013 06:56 AM

I think your right!!!

Messier 02-02-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9371913)
Just stop pretending like you have any clue what the **** you're talking about, Clark. :facepalm:

Thanks for firing ***** and saving our Chiefs. Now back the **** off and let the men talk. Go play with your family fortune. We have work to do.

Don't know why this quote from Clark makes anyone angry. We knew this. Is there an Andrew Luck in this draft? A QB seen as a can't miss prospect? No, there isn't. There are thinks to doubt about ever QB in this draft. Last year, as everyone says, was a rare draft, where you knew who the first pick would be, before the season even started. Regardless of team, Luck was it. What's so wrong with pointing that out?

King_Chief_Fan 02-02-2013 07:50 AM

LMAO whiny bunch of little bitches....
We know so much more than Reid, Dorsey and Clark:doh!:

Fire Me Boy! 02-02-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9372006)
Well, thanks for that. I'll be back in 5.

She's got an outie. No thanks. [/chiefsplanet]

BlackHelicopters 02-02-2013 08:40 AM

ChUNT still has nice hair.

Deberg_1990 02-02-2013 08:45 AM

Hmmm....i read that as Chiefs snag Mike Vick and draft Joeckel.

Ace Gunner 02-02-2013 08:56 AM

Reid hasn't yet noticed matty c can't hit the broad side of a barn & that ricki america holds the football until its safe to throw it to a defender. great news.

siberian khatru 02-02-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9371988)
How you can tell I'm reading CP or checking mock drafts at work...
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/103360_o.gif

LMAOLMAOLMAO

BossChief 02-02-2013 09:02 AM

Hate to say it, but Dorsey and Hunt have been consistently trying to prepare us for passing on a qb with the top pick.

Not sure if I should be just a little mad, or full blown pissed off.

Lex Luthor 02-02-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9371913)

OK, you care about the Chiefs. I get that. You're a pretty well-informed fan and you have strong feelings about what they should do in the draft. I get that too.

But your post reeks of arrogance and self-delusion. You aren't part of a group of "men" who can tell Clark Hunt to back the ****. You don't have any work to do.

I want the Chiefs to draft Geno Smith. But I think Clark Hunt has done a hell of a job the last month of purging the cancer from the organization and hiring great people. Give him a little ****ing credit and don't act like a total douche if the Chiefs decide to pass on Geno Smith. I swear, I haven't seen a goup of posters so ****ing obsessed with a college quarterback since Mecca and the other drafturbaters swore up and down that the Chiefs were total ****ing morons for not drafting Mark Sanchez.

I forget, how is Sanchez working out again?

Geno Smith obviously has much better credentials and a much better skillset than Sanchez did. But he's not a sure thing. Lots of guys look like absolute studs running the spread offense in college, yet turn out to be busts.

Now go ahead and say you were simply speaking rhetorically and you don't personally believe that you as an individual are part of that group of men you referred to. That's obvious. I just get a little tired of the negativity around here sometimes. 100% negativity towards Scott "Team Killer" Polio is fine. He earned it. But Clark Hunt is busting his ass trying to do the right things, and he deserves better.

Crush 02-02-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

When Tyler Wilson is gone by the no. 3 pick, will you do us all a favor and go **** yourself with Cat AIDS? If we're going to take a QB, we better take one at no. 1.

Crush 02-02-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9372084)

Other than both being black, Geno Smith has nothing in common with Jamarcus Russel.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 09:35 AM

**** you Andrew Luck, for making all QB prospects appear worthless in comparison.

Sooooo tired of the no QB available bullshit when their are better prospects this year than in years past that included teams getting "franchise" guys in round 1.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300 Bowler (Post 9372203)
OK, you care about the Chiefs. I get that. You're a pretty well-informed fan and you have strong feelings about what they should do in the draft. I get that too.

But your post reeks of arrogance and self-delusion. You aren't part of a group of "men" who can tell Clark Hunt to back the ****. You don't have any work to do.

I want the Chiefs to draft Geno Smith. But I think Clark Hunt has done a hell of a job the last month of purging the cancer from the organization and hiring great people. Give him a little ****ing credit and don't act like a total douche if the Chiefs decide to pass on Geno Smith. I swear, I haven't seen a goup of posters so ****ing obsessed with a college quarterback since Mecca and the other drafturbaters swore up and down that the Chiefs were total ****ing morons for not drafting Mark Sanchez.

I forget, how is Sanchez working out again?

Geno Smith obviously has much better credentials and a much better skillset than Sanchez did. But he's not a sure thing. Lots of guys look like absolute studs running the spread offense in college, yet turn out to be busts.

Now go ahead and say you were simply speaking rhetorically and you don't personally believe that you as an individual are part of that group of men you referred to. That's obvious. I just get a little tired of the negativity around here sometimes. 100% negativity towards Scott "Team Killer" Polio is fine. He earned it. But Clark Hunt is busting his ass trying to do the right things, and he deserves better.

We suffered through 4 years of Cassel dude. Would you rather they do the same thing again and take someone else's leftovers like they've done the last 30 years or for them to actually take a shot at drafting a legit QB? Yes, their are guys with franchise potential available, so don't use that lame ass excuse.

Of course our opinions are strong. What is the definition of insanity again? Apply that to how this team has acquired QB's. Sanchez didn't work, but acquiring Cassel was an embarrasment the day the deal was made.

Rasputin 02-02-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9372229)
**** you Andrew Luck, for making all QB prospects appear worthless in comparison.

Sooooo tired of the no QB available bullshit when their are better prospects this year than in years past that included teams getting "franchise" guys in round 1.

The thing that annoys me the most about this, several rook QBs had successful seasons & so why not try the best to capture the same kind of results with our own rook QB #1 in the draft with the best prospect possible?

All last years draft class did is prove you can find success early on and turn things around quickly that way.

TEX 02-02-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9372237)
We suffered through 4 years of Cassel dude. Would you rather they do the same thing again and take someone else's leftovers like they've done the last 30 years or for them to actually take a shot at drafting a legit QB? Yes, their are guys with franchise potential available, so don't use that lame ass excuse.

Of course our opinions are strong. What is the definition of insanity again? Apply that to how this team has acquired QB's. Sanchez didn't work, but acquiring Cassel was an embarrasment the day the deal was made.

I personally don't care how they get a franchise QB - they just need to get one.

Rasputin 02-02-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9372247)
I personally don't care how they get a franchise QB - they just need to get one.

I do care how they get one. It would be a kick in the nuts if we don't draft a QBotf with our #1 pick.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9372247)

How else are they going to get one other than through a high draft pick? PLEASE don't mention Foles or Cousins.

Rasputin 02-02-2013 10:04 AM

Taking a QB with the first shows conviction and trust with that pick. Taking one later shows doubt and be lucky to get the guy rather than taking a bold stance that this is our guy.

Mr. Laz 02-02-2013 10:05 AM

everyone in the Chiefs organization just needs to such the **** up until we actually win a game and don't look like shit.

talk is cheap, show me

Messier 02-02-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9372256)
I do care how they get one. It would be a kick in the nuts if we don't draft a QBotf with our #1 pick.

Really? If the Chiefs end up with the best QB in the draft, but they get him in the 2nd or 3rd round, you'll be mad because they could've taken a QB first overall a d didn't?

Mr. Laz 02-02-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9372264)
Really? If the Chiefs end up with the best QB in the draft, but they get him in the 2nd or 3rd round, you'll be mad because they could've taken a QB first overall a d didn't?

yes, he would.

he's been pouting for awhile now ... he wants a QB in the first round NO MATTER WHAT. If Matt Cassel was coming out in this years draft he would be demanding that we draft him RIGHT NOW!!

It's what happens when people lose their minds to senility

Ace Gunner 02-02-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9372190)
Hate to say it, but Dorsey and Hunt have been consistently trying to prepare us for passing on a qb with the top pick.

Not sure if I should be just a little mad, or full blown pissed off.

right now (excepting the notion Dorsey will pass on a 1st rnd QB), I am leaning towards Star Lotulelei becoming a Chief. He gives them the added girth and speed up front along that DL and also allows for several formations like how Balt uses their BFF's in the 34 defense.
http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/SLotulelei.jpg

Messier 02-02-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9372269)
right now (excepting the notion Dorsey will pass on a 1st rnd QB), I am leaning towards Star Lotulelei becoming a Chief. He gives them the added girth and speed up front along that DL and also allows for several formations like how Balt uses their BFF's in the 34 defense.

that's what I'm thinking too.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9372269)

ANOTHER high 1st on the front of a 3-4. Get the **** out here with that shit.

Rasputin 02-02-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9372267)
yes, he would.

he's been pouting for awhile now ... he wants a QB in the first round NO MATTER WHAT. If Matt Cassel was coming out in this years draft he would be demanding that we draft him RIGHT NOW!!

It's what happens when people lose their minds to senility

No that's bull shit. Not any QB would do. I'm wanting the best prospect and so far that looks to me to be Geno Smith with Tyler Wilson as a close second so I would be happy if it was him. I was likeing Barkley for a while but I'm not as high on him any more.

I've wanted this opportunity to pick #1 and get us the BQBA from the draft for over 20 years. So yes this is that opportunity to do so and I'm going be sourly disapointed if we don't.

OnTheWarpath15 02-02-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9372264)

How many times in the modern era has the best QB come from the later rounds?

Twice?

It's an idiotic argument.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9372287)

Twice?

But, but, but we can solidify the trenches OTWP....THE TRENCHES. Think of the VALUE!!!

OnTheWarpath15 02-02-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9372289)
But, but, but we can solidify the trenches OTWP....THE TRENCHES. Think of the VALUE!!!

Yeah, the value.

Let's move a Top 5-8 LT to guard so we can draft another LT who is far from an Ogden/Pace/Thomas type prospect.

Or better yet, lets spend ANOTHER high pick on the defensive line. A 1st, a 3rd, a 5th and an 11th in 6 years. Sounds delightful.

And in the meanwhile, continue on with one of the worst QB situations in the league.

O.city 02-02-2013 10:29 AM

More SB winning qbs have come from the first round than any other place combined. But let's try and win the lotto with a 2nd rounder.

I'd say based on what Clark said we absolutely aren't taking a qb early. Looks like the more things change the more they stay the same.

(And with this statement, true fans attack)

OnTheWarpath15 02-02-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9372292)
More SB winning qbs have come from the first round than any other place combined. But let's try and win the lotto with a 2nd rounder.

I'd say based on what Clark said we absolutely aren't taking a qb early. Looks like the more things change the more they stay the same.

(And with this statement, true fans attack)

I don't give a shit what Clark is saying on February 1st.

I only care what happens on draft day.

And if they **** this up, my ST's will be up for sale on Ebay/CL within seconds.

O.city 02-02-2013 10:32 AM

Well is get ready for that cause I'd say Alex smith is our starting qb in 2013

OnTheWarpath15 02-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9372297)
Well is get ready for that cause I'd say Alex smith is our starting qb in 2013

If so, some TrueFan will get some great seats.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 10:35 AM

Drafting Jekyll would be equal or greater of a travesty than T-Jack

O.city 02-02-2013 10:37 AM

What a pitiful franchise.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 10:39 AM

I'm still embarrased I tried to excuse and rationalize the Cassel/T-Jack abortion. My initial reaction was anger and despair, but I just had to try and find the bright side. Won't make that mistake again.

Messier 02-02-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9372287)

Twice?

I'm not even trying to argue FOR doing this way, but you asked. I'm including the 2nd round as "later rounds". I went back only to 2000, and found 5, possibility 6 drafts where the best QB was taken after the 1st round. I said possibility 6 because it depends on how Russell Wilson turns out.

Messier 02-02-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9372304)
What a pitiful franchise.

I feel bad for Dorsey and Reid. At least SP got until his first draft before he was a moron. Oh well, SOC, time to make the, Dorsey and Reid must go banners. Maybe we could fly them around the combine in Indy.

WildTurkey 02-02-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9372293)
I don't give a shit what Clark is saying on February 1st.

I only care what happens on draft day.

And if they **** this up, my ST's will be up for sale on Ebay/CL within seconds.

This.

BossChief 02-02-2013 10:58 AM

Are we possibly overanalyzing what Clark said and all he means is that they don't think anyone in this class is as good as RG3 or Luck, but that we might take a qb that..." or just taking a player who can really help you upgrade.”

Messier 02-02-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9372326)
Are we possibly overanalyzing what Clark said and all he means is that they don't think anyone in this class is as good as RG3 or Luck, but that we might take a qb that..." or just taking a player who can really help you upgrade.”

People don't over analyze on CP.

cdcox 02-02-2013 11:00 AM

I looked at this a couple years ago and the odds of finding a franchise QB are about equal if you

a) draft a QB in the first round

or

b) use all you picks in rounds 2 through 7 on QBs.

Rain Man did an analysis a few weeks ago about how often the first QB taken in the draft turns out to be the best QB in the draft. More often than not, it does. That means General managers possess some level of skill in judging which QB is the best. Since we have the first pick, we are in the unique position of having our choice of QBs. If we wait, or trade down, the chances are we will miss out on the best QB in this year's crop.

I mean exactly what is the brain trust's plan to get a franchise QB if they don't take one first overall this year? Will that plan give the Chiefs better odds of getting a franchise QB than simply doing the obvious thing of taking one with the first overall pick?

Rausch 02-02-2013 11:04 AM

It's one thing to sign an Alex Smith in free agency.

I don't like that move but that move alone won't have me jumping ship.

You use the most important 1st round draft pick (arguably) in the history of the franchise on a LT or ****ing D lineman and you might as well paint billboards that ****ing day that say "NEXT YEAR."

NJChiefsFan 02-02-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9372326)

Is that even debatable?