ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Wtf is wrong with special teams (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327236)

Pitt Gorilla 12-09-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14646061)
A fake punt on 4th and 19 from there? Holy shit.

That was Andy going conservative.

Johnny Vegas 12-09-2019 01:00 PM

I mean...Chiefs did block a FG in the game

-King- 12-09-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14646078)
That wasn't that down I don't think. I think it was like 4 and 3 or something?

Shit youre right, it was 4th and 19.

That's kinda crazy, no?

There was a punt on 4th and 3 that I thought they should have faked. That's the one where NE brought everyone tight to the line and left our gunners uncovered. If Colquitt just makes an easy throw to them, it's an easy conversion.

Something like this except since the Gunner was uncovered, he wouldn't even have to fake running down the field. Just turn and get the ball and get the first down..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mKoJVUeFXH0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marcellus 12-09-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14646095)
That was Andy going conservative.

Reid has no balls!/ Rabblerouser

Pitt Gorilla 12-09-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14646118)
Reid has no balls!/ Rabblerouser

Honestly, Chief Fan doesn't deserve Andy Reid.

Pass too much? "Andy refuses to run the ball!"
Run too much? "Andy has no killer instinct! He went into a shell!"
Continue to open up shots down the field with a big lead (but the QB misses)? "Fire Andy!"
Fake punt on 4th and 19? "Andy is too conservative! Philly Fan TRIED to warn us!!1"

-King- 12-09-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14646156)

Continue to open up shots down the field with a big lead (but the QB misses)? "Fire Andy!"
Fake punt on 4th and 19? "Andy is too conservative! Philly Fan TRIED to warn us!!1"

Everything is results based...

Reid is a genius because of the Travis Kelce touchdown last night. Imagine how much he'd be blasted for being "too cute" if that same play hadn't worked?

BigBeauford 12-09-2019 01:28 PM

Colquitt's avg is 44.1(27th), while his net is 41.6(14th). He is still decently precise, but he's lost a lot of leg power. He currently sits as 10th for salary per year. I believe this is his last year as a Chief.

srvy 12-09-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14646156)

Do you exclude yourself as Chief Fan?

Its ok to criticise Andy and his coaching staff because there is a history. That history is he fields mentally soft teams that don't do well in the extra season. They dont do well in the biggest games he. He doesn't like to run the ball when it requires it in the stretch run and playoffs. One superbowl appearance and the rest failed playoff teams. I like Andy but he will never change and because of this he will have to have the card and stars aligned perfect to get one. I am not yet to put him on the bus but he did turtle up again with the lead in the second half another trait of his.

staylor26 12-09-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14646184)

Reid is a genius because of the Travis Kelce touchdown last night. Imagine how much he'd be blasted for being "too cute" if that same play hadn't worked?

Nail on the ****ing head.

Pitt Gorilla 12-09-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14646248)

Its ok to criticise Andy and his coaching staff because there is a history. That history is he fields mentally soft teams that don't do well in the extra season. They dont do well in the biggest games he. He doesn't like to run the ball when it requires it in the stretch run and playoffs. One superbowl appearance and the rest failed playoff teams. I like Andy but he will never change and because of this he will have to have the card and stars aligned perfect to get one. I am not yet to put him on the bus but he did turtle up again with the lead in the second half another trait of his.

how did he “turtle up”?

CasselGotPeedOn 12-09-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14646248)

He likes to pretend that he's above the fray even though he says incredibly dumb shit all the time.

chiefzilla1501 12-09-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 14646207)
Colquitt's avg is 44.1(27th), while his net is 41.6(14th). He is still decently precise, but he's lost a lot of leg power. He currently sits as 10th for salary per year. I believe this is his last year as a Chief.

I'd take him for less money. I know I care too much about this... But I don't think his role as a holder should be overlooked. Justin tucker always talks about how his success is largely due to consistency in holder. With butker rolling, Im afraid to mess with even the smallest of things.

Aspengc8 12-09-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14646184)

absolutely 100%

KC_Connection 12-09-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14645958)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reid said the Chiefs had a fake punt called on the blocked punt and there was a breakdown on the call.</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1204104547116965888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's absurdly stupid. They were up 23-7 and in a 4th and 19 situation. He's either lying or he's an idiot and/or covering for an idiot.

chiefzilla1501 12-09-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 14646207)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14646262)
how did he “turtle up”?

I don't know that he turtled up. But at some point we have to see the trend. It's not like we're looking at a one time issue. We may not know the exact problem. But time after time we flat out suck on offense whenever we have a decently big lead. It's a way of trying to make sense of a bigger problem.

Now... Andy going for it on 4th down and fake punts... I'm ecstatic about that even if they don't work. Because that's a tendency breaker. A bad tendency that seems to haunt us more than it helps us.