ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Lost a beloved pet today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324842)

TLO 09-04-2019 11:58 AM

Lost a beloved pet today

A member of our family for over 15 years. Lost in a truly freak accident. I have a family member that is blaming themselves for what happened, which is just as hard to see. It wasn't anybody's fault - it just happened.

I'm not good with grief. I just needed to write out my feelings somewhere.

Thanks for listening.

Dunit35 09-04-2019 12:00 PM

Sorry to hear. Pets are a blessing.

Lzen 09-04-2019 12:02 PM

I'm not any good with grief, either. Lost my beloved 3.5 year old boxer last week. You know they say that everybody grieves in their own time. That's true. I don't know how long this will hurt but it will get a little better over time. Hope you don't have to deal with that too long. Godspeed, my brother.

chinaski 09-04-2019 12:02 PM

Sincere Condolences. Very sad to hear. :(

Lzen 09-04-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 14423175)

Yes, they are. Mine are like my little children.

BIG_DADDY 09-04-2019 12:04 PM

Hate losing dogs. Never an easy thing. I hope you feel better.

On another note my 12 year old son was about to charter the boat that burned down off the Santa Barbara coast this weekend killing all passengers by being burned to death then drowning. Makes you think.

Beef Supreme 09-04-2019 12:05 PM

Sorry to hear it man. Dogs are the best.

Shoes 09-04-2019 12:06 PM

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."- Winnie the Pooh.

TLO 09-04-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 14423187)
"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."- Winnie the Pooh.

That quote is making me tear up.

It's times like this I just want to isolate myself and never care about anyone or anything again. Then I won't feel this pain.

Radar Chief 09-04-2019 12:17 PM

I feel your pain.
My Rhetta is reaching the end. She's about 14 with declining health, especially over the last few months her health has taken a nose dive. It's becoming time to pull the plug, I just don't have the heart for it yet.

Mecca 09-04-2019 12:18 PM

My parents had 4 cats, 3 of them died in really close together, they were not young cats though all living to be roughly 12-14 years old, the other one is still alive and pushing 20 now.

They swore they'd never get another one because of how upset they were, they now have 3 young cats to go a long with the old lady.

Lzen 09-04-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14423194)
That quote is making me tear up.

It's times like this I just want to isolate myself and never care about anyone or anything again. Then I won't feel this pain.

I know exactly how you feel. And that will hang on for a bit. But, hopefully, you will realize it is still worth it.

BlackHelicopters 09-04-2019 12:26 PM

Many Condolences

Bump 09-04-2019 12:28 PM

Sorry to hear it.

Dayze 09-04-2019 12:32 PM

sorry to hear man.

Dogs rule.

different circumstances, but we had to put our 14 year old dog down, then our other 14 year old down about 6 months after that. We had 3 total, and the 3rd is still around, but losing those 2 were tough. We got them when we first moved in together, and had been with us through dating, marriage, a couple of moves....they were there the entire way.

keep you chin up holmes. It sucks; hopefully it'll get better sooner than later.

Simply Red 09-04-2019 12:33 PM

Sorry bud - I know that can be tough

El Jefe 09-04-2019 12:36 PM

Feel your pain bro! My beloved dog got an aggressive form of cancer, we tried multiple surgeries, each time coming back more aggressive than the last, we had to put her down, 7 years old. This was about 4 months, still hurts like a MF'er.

Naptown Chief 09-04-2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 14423175)

Yes they are

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14423168)
A member of our family for over 15 years. Lost in a truly freak accident. I have a family member that is blaming themselves for what happened, which is just as hard to see. It wasn't anybody's fault - it just happened.

I'm not good with grief. I just needed to write out my feelings somewhere.

Thanks for listening.

I'm so sorry brother. My dogs are my children and am devastated each time one passes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 14423177)
I'm not any good with grief, either. Lost my beloved 3.5 year old boxer last week. You know they say that everybody grieves in their own time. That's true. I don't know how long this will hurt but it will get a little better over time. Hope you don't have to deal with that too long. Godspeed, my brother.

Way too young man. A friend of mine does boxer rescue. Them, dobies, and Danes don't have the same life expectancy as most other breeds. Love em' but cancer is sooo rampant with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 14423179)
Yes, they are. Mine are like my little children.

As are mine. I cried for days when my male Presa passed 5 years ago at 9 years old. My female is now 9, albeit healthy, but she's getting a bit rickety

New World Order 09-04-2019 12:46 PM

Prayers TL

gblowfish 09-04-2019 12:48 PM

The hard thing about loving our animals is we outlive them, if we're lucky. I've lost several pets over the past 20 years and it's always the worst. And you never totally get over it. But you have to remember the trade: You give them security, love, joy and care; and in return they give unconditional love. My life had been made better in every way by having them around, despite the pain when it's time to say goodbye. I hope you give another deserving animal a home, as there's so many who need someone to care for them. Hang in there.

Naptown Chief 09-04-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 14423240)
Feel your pain bro! My beloved dog got an aggressive form of cancer, we tried multiple surgeries, each time coming back more aggressive than the last, we had to put her down, 7 years old. This was about 4 months, still hurts like a MF'er.

Condolences man, that really sucks

Bwana 09-04-2019 12:56 PM

Sorry to hear that, it's always a hard thing to go through.

Graystoke 09-04-2019 01:00 PM

Sorry to hear. As pet owners we all eventually go through it.
I lost my little one ear cat Van Gough last year. Loved that critter and miss her but she is in a better place. She is in the back yard with the other loved pets from days gone by.

Hoover 09-04-2019 01:08 PM

That sucks.

I've had to put down a couple dogs. Such good friends. Now I fear my cat is near the end. Now I know, its a ****ing cat and I don't ever want another cat for the rest of my life, but this dude is my buddy. He's always by my side. He's really slowed down, and is breathing hard. I think its the end. :(

Carlota69 09-04-2019 01:14 PM

I lost both my boys in the last year, 5 months apart. It has been so hard, much harder than i even imagined. I always thought Id just get another dog when my guys passed, but man that has proven to a lot harder than I thought as well.

Its heartbreaking to lose a furbaby, and I just wanted to share with you I understand your pain and I feel your loss.:crybaby:

TLO 09-04-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14423258)
The hard thing about loving our animals is we outlive them, if we're lucky. I've lost several pets over the past 20 years and it's always the worst. And you never totally get over it. But you have to remember the trade: You give them security, love, joy and care; and in return they give unconditional love. My life had been made better in every way by having them around, despite the pain when it's time to say goodbye. I hope you give another deserving animal a home, as there's so many who need someone to care for them. Hang in there.

That's what I keep telling myself. We gave him a loving home for over 15 years. In the end he went quickly and didn't suffer. He lived a full, happy, joyful life with my family and I.

There are still a number of animals at Mom and Dad's that will all be loved until the end. They're just all getting old.. and I know the end is coming for them sooner rather than later. And witnessing this accident take place... it's eating away at me. I can't get the image out of my head.

rabblerouser 09-04-2019 01:21 PM

I'm so sorry, TL.

TLO 09-04-2019 01:22 PM

Thank you for all the kind words. Pets really do play such an important role in our lives. It's easy to lose sight of that sometimes.

rabblerouser 09-04-2019 01:22 PM

I'm so, so sorry to hear this.

Peace on you and your family.

Oxford 09-04-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14423321)
Thank you for all the kind words. Pets really do play such an important role in our lives. It's easy to lose sight of that sometimes.

Sending you my condolences, I still cry when I think about all of our "kids".
Just remember, "be the person that your dog thought you were" and it will all be fine. Dogspeed Dillard, Clancy, Sophie and Jackson.

J Diddy 09-04-2019 02:14 PM

Losing a beloved family member sucks. Happened to me recently and I am still hung up on it. God bless you and your family. I imagine heaven being full of our pets playing, running, jumping and healthy. If not then why would anyone want to go

Kman34 09-04-2019 02:23 PM

Sorry for your loss.. we’ve gone through it 3 times in our family and it is heart wrenching each time.. our pets are part of our family and leave a hole in our hearts...

JohnnyHammersticks 09-04-2019 03:37 PM

So sorry to hear this. Hang in there buddy.

stumppy 09-04-2019 04:02 PM

Sorry to hear it man. Dogs are the best.

mlyonsd 09-04-2019 06:10 PM

Sorry man. You'll meet up again. Book it.

wisconsinchief 09-04-2019 06:11 PM

My deepest condolences. Our pets are a member of the family - sometimes the best part. I've been there and it hurts, still.

Ribbs67 09-04-2019 07:16 PM

I'm so sorry for your lost TLO.. it's hard enough to lose one and even harder watching the family member struggle with guilt. My heart goes out.

IA_Chiefs_fan 09-04-2019 07:31 PM

I'm very sorry you and your family are going through this :-(

Rain Man 09-04-2019 08:25 PM

Sorry to hear, TLO, and all the others in this thread who have lost family.

KS Smitty 09-04-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14423312)
That's what I keep telling myself. We gave him a loving home for over 15 years. In the end he went quickly and didn't suffer. He lived a full, happy, joyful life with my family and I.

There are still a number of animals at Mom and Dad's that will all be loved until the end. They're just all getting old.. and I know the end is coming for them sooner rather than later. And witnessing this accident take place... it's eating away at me. I can't get the image out of my head.

My daughters dog got hit by a car in front of the house 25 years ago and I am still haunted by seeing her injuries. Drank a fifth of rum that night. Hugs TLO, it'll get better but you wont ever unsee it.

lewdog 09-04-2019 08:51 PM

Had to put down what was a very healthy 7 year old cat last weekend. Basically happened overnight where she got fluid in her lungs and within 24 hours there wasn't a lot to do besides ending it. It was very sad as my 1.5 year old just learned her name and would call her. He still is calling her at times, although I don't think he totally understands she's never coming back.

Very sorry TLO. Animals are pretty incredible and losing them quickly is very hard.

jerryaldini 09-04-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 14423187)

That's profound, encouraging and heartbreaking at the same time. We are fortunate to experience the depth of love and devotion, but then cursed to eventually lose all that we ever loved. Such is the precarious position of being human.

What gblowfish said. We focus on all that was gained, and accept that everything has a season. I'm sure what you witnessed makes this even more difficult.

My dad died when I was 5. I met an old man today who was born in the same month and year he was, and also served in Korea. We chatted for a long while, and I thought about what might have been. It all came back for a bit, but I've grown to accept what is. May time bring its peace and acceptance.