ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Big Bang Theory is done after 2019 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316992)

Buehler445 08-25-2018 02:58 PM

Big Bang Theory is done after 2019

I'm not a huge Big Bang Theory Fan (however, the same cannot be said for the cans of Kaley Cuoco's cans - Big, big fan), but one can't dismiss the effect of the show. I'm not sure it's as big as Seinfeld but it's close.

Pretty big deal, IMO.

Apparently Parsons wanted to move on.

https://screenrant.com/big-bang-theo...sons-response/

NJChiefsFan 08-25-2018 07:02 PM

I was fairly young when Seinfeld started. Watched it towards the end, and like everyone, have seen all the reruns and quote them. Even if we don't compare the iconic quotes, because IMO that's a runaway for Seinfeld, do you really think Big Bang Theory is that close? Are you talking more popularity or impact on the business?

Baby Lee 08-25-2018 07:06 PM

It's comfort food. If you like it it, you're not gonna get tired of it. But you're not super excited about it either.

Jewish Rabbi 08-25-2018 07:56 PM

Man, I’m not even really a Seinfeld fan but how can you compare Seinfeld to this piece of shit show?

Baby Lee 08-25-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 13693091)
Man, I’m not even really a Seinfeld fan but how can you compare Seinfeld to this piece of shit show?

Longevity, and relative popularity.

That's about it.

Seinfeld was the opposite of everything traditional in sitcoms.
Whether you love or hate it, BBT is the refinement and culmination of the traditional sitcom format.

Buehler445 08-25-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13693139)
Longevity, and relative popularity.

That's about it.

Seinfeld was the opposite of everything traditional in sitcoms.
Whether you love or hate it, BBT is the refinement and culmination of the traditional sitcom format.

Yeah, that's it. The viewership for this show is un-****ing-real. I think I heard on a podcast or something that the re-runs of the show netted warner brothers a BILLION dollars last year.

Love it or hate it this is the most successful sitcom of our time. Pretty much on the same level as Seinfeld and Friends.

I mean times are way different now, and even with all the other options, to net that kind of pull is pretty amazing. Even if I checked out on it years ago.

Fish 08-25-2018 11:02 PM

It was pretty good when it started. But they ran out of nerdy stuff to joke about, and the later seasons were pretty forgettable...

kjwood75nro 08-25-2018 11:52 PM

May as well. The characters have all become so unlikable compared to early seasons, and their personalities have either done full 180s or become Flanderized.

mr. tegu 08-26-2018 07:55 AM

It has definitely impacted the expansion and rise in popularity of “nerd culture” especially when it comes to comic related interests.

displacedinMN 08-26-2018 08:06 AM

I loved Seinfeld. Knew it would be a hit from the first time it was on TV.

BBT is a good and ingenious show. Nerds in the real world. That are smarter than CP combined.

The story line would have to evolve as the kids get older. Kids would be super smart, or normal or interested in sports. Sheldon's kid interested in Geology.

Parsons is 43. He is playing a 35 year old playing a kid like person.

And yeah-Cuoco.

sully1983 08-26-2018 10:21 AM

never seen a single episode before.

kcxiv 08-26-2018 10:41 AM

They made alot of money!! The residuals the actors get for this show have to be ****ing insane.

The Franchise 08-26-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13693286)
It was pretty good when it started. But they ran out of nerdy stuff to joke about, and the later seasons were pretty forgettable...

This.

Buehler445 08-26-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 13693435)
I loved Seinfeld. Knew it would be a hit from the first time it was on TV.

BBT is a good and ingenious show. Nerds in the real world. That are smarter than CP combined.

The story line would have to evolve as the kids get older. Kids would be super smart, or normal or interested in sports. Sheldon's kid interested in Geology.

Parsons is 43. He is playing a 35 year old playing a kid like person.

And yeah-Cuoco.

Mellissa Rausch is nothing to sneeze at either. Every time it’s on, I tell my wife, “Hey Wife, Bernadette has huge tits.”

I have no idea why my wife stays with me.

Mosbonian 08-26-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 13693091)

Interesting.....honestly I think Seinfeld was overrated and not enjoyable for me. I find BBT more entertaining.

It's all in your view of things.