ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ben Affleck likely out soon as Batman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308876)

Gravedigger 01-31-2019 11:39 AM

He was a good Batman, problem is they would have to reboot the character eventually because of what age they brought Affleck to play Bruce Wayne in as, he would've only had a limited time with the character then you would've been having a Hugh Jackman/Wolverine the last five years scenario with him. They also made him look completely weak, old, and breaking down in Justice League which didn't help his character either.

Sure-Oz 01-31-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14083153)
He was a good Batman, problem is they would have to reboot the character eventually because of what age they brought Affleck to play Bruce Wayne in as, he would've only had a limited time with the character then you would've been having a Hugh Jackman/Wolverine the last five years scenario with him. They also made him look completely weak, old, and breaking down in Justice League which didn't help his character either.

Blame that second part on Joss Whedons shit. He definitely was older more battle worn. Similar to The Dark Knight returns.

I think Reeves will do great...I'm excited yet bummed because JL was watered down and the casting of these characters was good. So far now it's Aquaman and Wonder Woman left. Think they redo everyone else and stick to individual movies

Jerm 01-31-2019 03:20 PM

Gimme John Krasinski or Adam Driver or Jon Hamm if we're gonna go with an older BW/Bats.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-31-2019 03:26 PM

I can't respect anyone with a full back tattoo as Batman.

lcarus 01-31-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14083671)
Gimme John Krasinski or Adam Driver or Jon Hamm if we're gonna go with an older BW/Bats.

I love John Krasinski, but it's really hard for me to picture Jim Halpert as Batman.

Jerm 01-31-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 14083815)
I love John Krasinski, but it's really hard for me to picture Jim Halpert as Batman.

LOL I gotcha...but then I watched A Quiet Place and I was like yeah he could pull it off.

BWillie 01-31-2019 11:53 PM

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor is way worse than Affleck as Batman.

Still waiting until they make a standalone movie about Lex Luthor and recast it.

Just call it LUTHOR. Show him growing up, how he becomes a monster. Do it Breaking Bad style. Smallville tried - but it could be done way better.

lcarus 02-01-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14083920)
LOL I gotcha...but then I watched A Quiet Place and I was like yeah he could pull it off.

That was a damn good movie. He was also good in 13 Hours. Which was also pretty good.

ModSocks 02-01-2019 05:44 PM

The Affleck Batman looked stupid anyway. Looked like a middle-aged dad-bod who ate too many Donuts before stuffing into his bat suit.

BWillie 02-01-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14085751)
The Affleck Batman looked stupid anyway. Looked like a middle-aged dad-bod who ate too many Donuts before stuffing into his bat suit.

Dad bod?

Do you look like this?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9c/ea...311698eb56.jpg

The Franchise 02-01-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14085813)

ROFL

That's Affleck's head on the Rock's body....genius.

Bowser 02-02-2019 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14083671)

I think Armie Hammer could pull it off

BWillie 02-02-2019 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14085822)
ROFL

That's Affleck's head on the Rock's body....genius.

He looks just fine in the Batman movies physically. I think people are just suffering from exhaustion of seeing Ben Affleck in stuff. Kind of like what happened to Tom Cruise

Sure-Oz 02-02-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14086164)
He looks just fine in the Batman movies physically. I think people are just suffering from exhaustion of seeing Ben Affleck in stuff. Kind of like what happened to Tom Cruise

I love the MI movies

Valiant 02-02-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 14082774)
IMO this is outstanding news. I loved Matt Reeves' Planet of the Apes sequels and think he'll do an outstanding job with the Batman franchise . Read an article saying its being described as more "noir" Batman where he is more of a detective so that's definitely interesting.

also as far as Affleck being recast , thank god. Its time to give the role to a younger/much hungrier actor.

My problem and solely my opinion. The only good Batman outside of JL animated series is the old man Batman. Bring on Terry McGinnis Batman and a elderly Bruce Wayne.