ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294504)

Gonzo 04-24-2016 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12193883)
Just thought you might want to know that the Fallen Knight armor is covered in piss. Item descriptions for the leggings says as much. That armor just didnt look as good after that discovery.

Also, there are softcaps at 40 for pretty much every stat. I'd reallocate 10 out of Str and Dex into something else.

I would but first off, I ****ed up and let the dude posing as Sigward pull his shit in the cathedral and I can't, (for the life of me) figure out how to raise that last shortcut where the Giants hung out.
Secondly, I'm sitting at 28 strength and 23 dex right now. I've invested a little into everything. I do want to re-spec a bit though. I want to use a bit more magic and spells.

The piss thing is kinda funky but it just looks so damned awesome.

BTW, I read somewhere that it's a good idea to keep several armor items in your inventory for some reason. I guess it assists your absorption somehow?

Buck 04-25-2016 12:04 AM

I think that's just so you can switch to it should the situation arise.

lcarus 04-25-2016 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12193918)
I would but first off, I ****ed up and let the dude posing as Sigward pull his shit in the cathedral and I can't, (for the life of me) figure out how to raise that last shortcut where the Giants hung out.
Secondly, I'm sitting at 28 strength and 23 dex right now. I've invested a little into everything. I do want to re-spec a bit though. I want to use a bit more magic and spells.

The piss thing is kinda funky but it just looks so damned awesome.

BTW, I read somewhere that it's a good idea to keep several armor items in your inventory for some reason. I guess it assists your absorption somehow?

I went purely strength for my first playthrough and had a pretty easy time with it compared to what I'm hearing from others. Used the Giant Club for most of the game until I had 50 strength and could use the Fume Ultra Greatsword. Had to level my vitality a lot in order to wield it, a shield, and decent armor.

Sassy Squatch 04-25-2016 05:46 PM

If anyone wants help with a boss give me a holler.

Gonzo 04-26-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12194999)
If anyone wants help with a boss give me a holler.

You playing on PS4?

Sassy Squatch 04-26-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12195797)
You playing on PS4?

Yessir. IIRC you're hntrsdad and I have you on my friends list.

Gonzo 04-26-2016 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12195809)
Yessir. IIRC you're hntrsdad and I have you on my friends list.

That's right. We'll have to play a bit. I currently have a +6 cathedral great sword and I'm loving it.

Hey, have you figured out the gem infusion shit at all? Do they take away a bunch of scaling when you use them? I was thinking about using a lightning gem or crystal gem in my great sword but right now I'm just buffing it with resin a bit.

Gravedigger 04-26-2016 11:01 PM

I beat it as a pyromancer, if the DLC is anything like their norm then this is probably the best Souls game to date. It's hard to beat Dark Souls, but this game comes so close just off the main game itself. The boss battles are refreshing instead of stagnant, most of them have great mechanics, not cheap, and they overuse the two phase encounter, but it doesn't get stale. Great game.

Gonzo 04-27-2016 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 12196949)
I beat it as a pyromancer, if the DLC is anything like their norm then this is probably the best Souls game to date. It's hard to beat Dark Souls, but this game comes so close just off the main game itself. The boss battles are refreshing instead of stagnant, most of them have great mechanics, not cheap, and they overuse the two phase encounter, but it doesn't get stale. Great game.

Agreed with this as a whole. The game is difficult but not crushingly so.
I have to admit that the bosses, (while difficult) aren't as tough as the bosses on Bloodborne with a few exceptions.
However, the regular enemies are far more difficult and take a lot of strategy.
Some of the knights can be brutal.

Fish 04-27-2016 09:10 AM

Couldn't get into Dark Souls 3. Didn't like it at all. Boss battles were frustrating to the point of boredom. And some things in the game are just mind bottling dumb from a development standpoint. I had to google how to quit the damn game the first time. That's ridiculous. Just not my style.

Sassy Squatch 04-27-2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12196930)
That's right. We'll have to play a bit. I currently have a +6 cathedral great sword and I'm loving it.

Hey, have you figured out the gem infusion shit at all? Do they take away a bunch of scaling when you use them? I was thinking about using a lightning gem or crystal gem in my great sword but right now I'm just buffing it with resin a bit.

The gems will usually drop your base damage down a bit but will increase your scaling in what the gem is specialized in. If you have high strength, then a heavy gem is good, high dexterity is sharp, high in both is refined and so on.
I'm still not too clear on the elemental gems, but I do know that each "attribute" usually has 2 gems for it. For example, a fire gem will give your weapon a fire attribute but will remove scaling from it, while a chaos weapon will have lower base damage but will scale off of faith and intelligence. A raw gem boosts your base damage but removes scaling.

lcarus 04-27-2016 10:30 AM

Can anyone recommend a good racing game for PS4? I've looked at a list, and turns out there's several that are worth trying. Project Cars, Dirt Rally, Trackmania Turbo, Need for Speed, Driveclub Bikes. I don't know anything about any of them. I hope Gran Turismo 7 comes sooner rather than later.

Gonzo 04-27-2016 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 12197402)
Can anyone recommend a good racing game for PS4? I've looked at a list, and turns out there's several that are worth trying. Project Cars, Dirt Rally, Trackmania Turbo, Need for Speed, Driveclub Bikes. I don't know anything about any of them. I hope Gran Turismo 7 comes sooner rather than later.

I've heard good things about project cars and the F1 game that came out last winter.
I did not like the recent need for speed game at all.

SLAG 04-28-2016 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 12197402)

I am not that big into racing but my Father in Law is - he keeps telling me to pickup Project Cars, he said hands down the best...

He is old tho so I dunno

Sassy Squatch 04-28-2016 10:34 AM

Put an Estoc +10 with a heavy gem in my left hand and it's surprising how useful it is. Easily breaks the shield of most knights and then follow it up with Yhorm smash.

Gonzo 04-28-2016 07:44 PM

This last patch has seriously ****ed up my mojo. I was seriously dominating some bosses with my great sword. They nerfed the hell outta them.

Sassy Squatch 04-28-2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12200791)
This last patch has seriously ****ed up my mojo. I was seriously dominating some bosses with my great sword. They nerfed the hell outta them.

Yhorms machete bruh. Self buffing weapon art, unique moveset while buffed, AR of 684. I just said **** it and went full tank/strength build and it's been great.

Gonzo 04-28-2016 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12202145)
Yhorms machete bruh. Self buffing weapon art, unique moveset while buffed, AR of 684. I just said **** it and went full tank/strength build and it's been great.

Is that the one you get on the road of sacrifices that replenishes HP?
I should've used that ****er.

Gonzo 04-28-2016 11:38 PM

Tell you what though...
I beat Sullivan earlier and got his great sword. High magic and fire. Awesome sword art too.
I'm gonna dig that bastardi.

Sassy Squatch 04-29-2016 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12202570)
Is that the one you get on the road of sacrifices that replenishes HP?
I should've used that ****er.

No, but that is a great weapon to use until you get it. Yhorms machete is a boss soul weapon.

007 04-29-2016 11:04 AM

I wish uncharted 4 would just get here already

DaveNull 04-29-2016 02:35 PM

If you want to get a refund on The Division from Amazon, they're giving them for people that ask.

What a mess that game is. The only game I've bought for my playstation that I regret.

007 04-29-2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 12204071)
If you want to get a refund on The Division from Amazon, they're giving them for people that ask.

What a mess that game is. The only game I've bought for my playstation that I regret.

Huh?

Gonzo 04-30-2016 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 12204071)

I've heard that either people absolutely love it or hate it. Heard that there's a lot of people cheating like a mofo online as well.

ThaVirus 04-30-2016 11:56 AM

I asked in the PS4 Discussion thread and didn't get any feedback so I'll ask again here: anyone play Smite?

GloucesterChief 04-30-2016 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12207721)
I asked in the PS4 Discussion thread and didn't get any feedback so I'll ask again here: anyone play Smite?

On Xbone.

Simply Red 04-30-2016 01:58 PM

I hocked my xbox1 since I never found a game even remotely close to the level I enjoyed Dying Light.

Gonzo 04-30-2016 09:19 PM

Just got to Lothric castle. What a bitch.

Mother****erJones 05-01-2016 02:08 AM

Trying to knock out Witcher before I go get DS3 next Friday.

Absolutely love Witcher 3.

ThaVirus 05-01-2016 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 12207746)
On Xbone.

So what's the aim of the game? I've been playing mostly arena with a little bit of conquest. It seems every match your character starts over at level 1. What am I building toward?

And is there any way to unlock new gods without having to pay?

GloucesterChief 05-01-2016 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12209824)
So what's the aim of the game? I've been playing mostly arena with a little bit of conquest. It seems every match your character starts over at level 1. What am I building toward?

And is there any way to unlock new gods without having to pay?

Depends on the god, each has a role that they fit well in. Arena and Joust starts at 4, Conquest at 1, and Siege and Assault at 5. The worshipers you get build towards mastery of the god which just unlocks new skins to buy at 1,5, and 10. Get to level 30 and master to level 1 at least 12 gods and you get to play ranked which unlocks new skins and such. It is just a multiplayer competitive game.

You get favor and gems just for signing in everyday and also for playing. You can buy gods with either but you get much more favor than gems. I would recommend to play Arena first to get the idea of abilities and what play style fits you best. I started out with Neith and then went on to play Ymir, Chang'e, Chaac, and Hun Batz mostly.

I do recommend starting with a Hunter first as they are pretty straight forward and have decent protection. All the other classes take some more experience to play decently with.

ThaVirus 05-01-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 12210055)
Depends on the god, each has a role that they fit well in. Arena and Joust starts at 4, Conquest at 1, and Siege and Assault at 5. The worshipers you get build towards mastery of the god which just unlocks new skins to buy at 1,5, and 10. Get to level 30 and master to level 1 at least 12 gods and you get to play ranked which unlocks new skins and such. It is just a multiplayer competitive game.

You get favor and gems just for signing in everyday and also for playing. You can buy gods with either but you get much more favor than gems. I would recommend to play Arena first to get the idea of abilities and what play style fits you best. I started out with Neith and then went on to play Ymir, Chang'e, Chaac, and Hun Batz mostly.

I do recommend starting with a Hunter first as they are pretty straight forward and have decent protection. All the other classes take some more experience to play decently with.

Ah, ok. I tend to like games you can customize and build your characters as you go so I was having trouble with the fact that levels reset before each match.

I've been having the most fun with Arena at the moment. I'm partial to the assassins or mages, although I still suck with mages. I can generally get something like 15ish kills with 3-4ish deaths with Thor or Thanatos. If I'm using Ra or Poseidon I'm generally just rolling support so I'll tend to end up with a low kill count but a **** ton of assists.

I've tried out a couple guardians but am not really a fan. I can do well with Ymir but Sobek blows dicks. Haven't liked any warriors yet either. I've yet to try out any hunters but it seems people who use Artemis go hard as **** so I'll try Neith out.

GloucesterChief 05-01-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12210094)
Ah, ok. I tend to like games you can customize and build your characters as you go so I was having trouble with the fact that levels reset before each match.

I've been having the most fun with Arena at the moment. I'm partial to the assassins or mages, although I still suck with mages. I can generally get something like 15ish kills with 3-4ish deaths with Thor or Thanatos. If I'm using Ra or Poseidon I'm generally just rolling support so I'll tend to end up with a low kill count but a **** ton of assists.

I've tried out a couple guardians but am not really a fan. I can do well with Ymir but Sobek blows dicks. Haven't liked any warriors yet either. I've yet to try out any hunters but it seems people who use Artemis go hard as **** so I'll try Neith out.

Ra is great at assault and joust. Zeus, Nox, Janus, and Chang'e are good all arounders. Really the only so-so mage is Agni.

With assassins it depends. A tank heavy team can roll most assassins and assassins are pretty horrible at Assault with a few exceptions in Awilx and Kali.

Artemis is one of the better Hunters due to her roots and stuns along with Neith (two roots and can heal herself), Skadi (ice patch, Kalder, and slows) and Xbalanque (puts out the most damage of any hunter and a full team stun as an ult).

Sobek is one of the worse Guardians along with Sylvanus and Xing Tian. Though Xing Tian is nigh unkillable. Ymir, Baccahus, Athena, Ares, and Cabrakan are really good particularly in Assault.

ThaVirus 05-01-2016 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 12210124)
Ra is great at assault and joust. Zeus, Nox, Janus, and Chang'e are good all arounders. Really the only so-so mage is Agni.

With assassins it depends. A tank heavy team can roll most assassins and assassins are pretty horrible at Assault with a few exceptions in Awilx and Kali.

Artemis is one of the better Hunters due to her roots and stuns along with Neith (two roots and can heal herself) and Xbalanque (puts out the most damage of any hunter).

Kali. That slut wrecks my life every time I meet her. She attacks so quickly.

GloucesterChief 05-01-2016 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12210127)
Kali. That slut wrecks my life every time I meet her. She attacks so quickly.

She is an all or nothing assassin. She really doesn't have an escape so she will either have a great game or a horrible one.

Buck 05-01-2016 10:17 PM

All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II

Edit: The following is about Dark Souls 3

So I just got past the dancer. All of the sudden my game is hiccuping a lot. I thought it might be a memory leak since I had been playing all day, but I restarted the game and it's still there. Maybe I'll turn down my settings, but my PC shouldn't have a problem running the game on high.

Anyway, this game is ****ing good. I haven't been playing on week nights because I feel like only having 3 hours I might not advance at all. I'm not great, but I'm moving along.

Buck 05-01-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12209394)
Just got to Lothric castle. What a bitch.

Hey me too. I got to a part where there are 2 dragons just past a bonfire and I called it for the night. Didn't even want to try.

Gonzo 05-02-2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12211488)
Hey me too. I got to a part where there are 2 dragons just past a bonfire and I called it for the night. Didn't even want to try.

That is exactly where I left off. I took one look at the enemies in the area and said **** it... I'll tackle that shit later.

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2016 09:28 AM

Restarted and used a trick to beat the Dancer at starting level. Running through that hellhole for the upgrade materials was a nightmare, but I had a +9 weapon before Vordt. Kind of wish I didn't do that, because the game is a joke until Pontiff Sulyvahn reminds you that you're his bitch.

allen_kcCard 05-02-2016 09:42 AM

I'm really liking Dark Souls 3 too. I'm trying to avoid using internet too much to figure out things, but I did end up using it for the very first tutorial boss because I initially missed the usefulness of locking my target on. I accidentally saw how to beat that fire breathing dragon, but otherwise I've worked my way through pretty much everything else. Although I'm only on path of sacrifice so far.

ThaVirus 05-02-2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 12210124)

Artemis is one of the better Hunters due to her roots and stuns along with Neith (two roots and can heal herself), Skadi (ice patch, Kalder, and slows) and Xbalanque (puts out the most damage of any hunter and a full team stun as an ult).

Sobek is one of the worse Guardians along with Sylvanus and Xing Tian. Though Xing Tian is nigh unkillable. Ymir, Baccahus, Athena, Ares, and Cabrakan are really good particularly in Assault.

Ok, I tried out Neith and she's ****ing awesome. It would appear hunter is my new favorite class.

Beef Supreme 05-02-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 12210139)
She is an all or nothing assassin. She really doesn't have an escape so she will either have a great game or a horrible one.

I was playing Smite a while back and had trouble finding anybody to play with. Tried briefly to find a guild/clan on their forums, but after a couple of disappointing efforts I just kinda quit playing. Really dug the game, but solo queueing was getting old. Would love to try again with a few people to play with. I'm on PC though.

My favorite god was Awilix.

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2016 11:37 AM

For the fellow soul players, what bosses have given you the hardest time so far?

Buck 05-02-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12212021)
For the fellow soul players, what bosses have given you the hardest time so far?

Mine was Pontiff Sullivan however you spell that. Took me probably 10 tries to beat him. Every other boss took around 3-4 at most.

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2016 12:53 PM

Yep. He's the git gud boss.

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2016 01:19 PM

Are you playing blind?

Buck 05-02-2016 03:01 PM

For the most part. I looked up the bosses names to track my progress but that's it.

Gonzo 05-02-2016 03:34 PM

The dancer gave me a challenge but to tell the truth, I've died far more to regular enemies than bosses.
Tracking my deaths so far and I've hit it only 7 times to bosses, 20 times or so to regulars and four or five times to invaders.
The bosses on DS3 aren't nearly as difficult as I found the ones to be in Bloodborne.

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12212382)
The dancer gave me a challenge but to tell the truth, I've died far more to regular enemies than bosses.
Tracking my deaths so far and I've hit it only 7 times to bosses, 20 times or so to regulars and four or five times to invaders.
The bosses on DS3 aren't nearly as difficult as I found the ones to be in Bloodborne.

Come back after you've faced Nameless King. Although, by my count youve faced at least 2 of the bosses that gave me fits so props for that. Aldrich in particular is just a cheap mother****er.

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2016 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12212339)
For the most part. I looked up the bosses names to track my progress but that's it.

Have you done any optional areas?

Gonzo 05-02-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12212402)
Come back after you've faced Nameless King. Although, by my count youve faced at least 2 of the bosses that gave me fits so props for that. Aldrich in particular is just a cheap mother****er.

Disclaimer here, I did beat a lot of the bosses before the 4/28 patch and my great sword was really overpowered.
They've nerfed it a bit since then. I was doing 1,000 damage with a charged R2 swing. Now? Not so much. Lol

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12212436)
Disclaimer here, I did beat a lot of the bosses before the 4/28 patch and my great sword was really overpowered.
They've nerfed it a bit since then. I was doing 1,000 damage with a charged R2 swing. Now? Not so much. Lol

What were you using? Only thing I can think of is FUGS doing that much and that got patched damn near instantly.

Gonzo 05-02-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12212547)
What were you using? Only thing I can think of is FUGS doing that much and that got patched damn near instantly.

You guessed it. I didn't notice a real decline in damage until last week. Now I'm using the great sword you get from Sullivan. It really matches my play-style well. The sword art with the fire and all... Just awesome sauce.

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2016 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12213135)
You guessed it. I didn't notice a real decline in damage until last week. Now I'm using the great sword you get from Sullivan. It really matches my play-style well. The sword art with the fire and all... Just awesome sauce.

I could actually use a hand making a boss weapon. You have to either run through the game twice or use this method. Its a fire weapon that has some of the best weapon arts in the game. I could make each of us 1 if you're interested. Would have to make 4 swords total.

Buck 05-03-2016 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12212404)
Have you done any optional areas?

I did the "optional" tree boss, but realized I had skipped the other optional boss when I looked it up. Aldrich was the easiest boss for me and I put my mark down outside Anor Londo to help because it's really easy.

Yhorm is the only boss I beat on the first try.

Sassy Squatch 05-03-2016 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12213364)
I did the "optional" tree boss, but realized I had skipped the other optional boss when I looked it up. Aldrich was the easiest boss for me and I put my mark down outside Anor Londo to help because it's really easy.

Yhorm is the only boss I beat on the first try.

The only thing with Aldrich that gave me fits was his bullshit arrow attack.

Gonzo 05-03-2016 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12213162)
I could actually use a hand making a boss weapon. You have to either run through the game twice or use this method. Its a fire weapon that has some of the best weapon arts in the game. I could make each of us 1 if you're interested. Would have to make 4 swords total.

Oh no shit?
Ok, let's pm later and work out the details. That might be pretty sweet.

allen_kcCard 05-03-2016 09:19 AM

How the hell does one person help in making a sword for another? I am apparently missing out on a large part of this game. Is that something with the signals for a player to join your game? You can trade items?

Gonzo 05-03-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 12213551)
How the hell does one person help in making a sword for another? I am apparently missing out on a large part of this game. Is that something with the signals for a player to join your game? You can trade items?

You can drop items for another player, yes. A lot of people cheat that way.

Gonzo 05-06-2016 12:07 AM

Well, made it to NG+. Is it just me or are the enemies not quite scaled up as much as they normally are?

Anyway, went ahead and upgraded my great-sword (from Sullivan) fully, got my bow to +7, got the Irithyll frost sword to +10, the butcher's cleaver to +9 and now I'm working on the dancers twin swords. Those seem really ****ing awesome.

I'm finding a bunch of stuff I missed which is surprising. I'm really fricken thorough on these games. I try to find everything.

Anyway, so far I have to admit, this will likely be my game of the year. Maybe Uncharted 4 if it ends up living up to the hype.

I'm loving this almost as much as Bloodborne. The bosses aren't as tough but they're just as impressive. The music is just beautiful. I truly hope this isn't the last souls type game from soft makes.
I'll try to do a full write up soon.

Swanman 05-06-2016 08:35 AM

Ok Souls veterans, a bit of advice is appreciated. I am a novice with this series but so far doing ok on Dark Souls 3. I killed Vordt on the first try and have made my way through the Undead Settlement, but have yet to kill the tree. My question is about a good weapon to be using. Right now I am using a raw broadsword +2 and it's doing ok for me. I can keep my load ratio below 70% and my damage is 180 with the sword. I have picked up the butcher's knife, great machete and Irythyl sword. Which one should I focus on at this point? The bigger swords push my load ratio way up so I tend to avoid those.

Beef Supreme 05-06-2016 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12218536)
Well, made it to NG+. Is it just me or are the enemies not quite scaled up as much as they normally are?

Anyway, went ahead and upgraded my great-sword (from Sullivan) fully, got my bow to +7, got the Irithyll frost sword to +10, the butcher's cleaver to +9 and now I'm working on the dancers twin swords. Those seem really ****ing awesome.

I'm finding a bunch of stuff I missed which is surprising. I'm really fricken thorough on these games. I try to find everything.

Anyway, so far I have to admit, this will likely be my game of the year. Maybe Uncharted 4 if it ends up living up to the hype.

I'm loving this almost as much as Bloodborne. The bosses aren't as tough but they're just as impressive. The music is just beautiful. I truly hope this isn't the last souls type game from soft makes.
I'll try to do a full write up soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 12218776)
Ok Souls veterans, a bit of advice is appreciated. I am a novice with this series but so far doing ok on Dark Souls 3. I killed Vordt on the first try and have made my way through the Undead Settlement, but have yet to kill the tree. My question is about a good weapon to be using. Right now I am using a raw broadsword +2 and it's doing ok for me. I can keep my load ratio below 70% and my damage is 180 with the sword. I have picked up the butcher's knife, great machete and Irythyl sword. Which one should I focus on at this point? The bigger swords push my load ratio way up so I tend to avoid those.

I remember the days when you would have got your ass kicked for talking like this. Or for wearing a superhero T-shirt.:D

Sassy Squatch 05-06-2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

You need to decide if you're running strength, dexterity, or quality(both). That makes a huge difference in which weapon to recommend. Raw is fine early game, but out that away as soon as you start investing stats, as it has no scaling.

Swanman 05-06-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12218802)
You need to decide if you're running strength, dexterity, or quality(both). That makes a huge difference in which weapon to recommend. Raw is fine early game, but out that away as soon as you start investing stats, as it has no scaling.

I had some git gud moments early on so I needed to make sure I had a weapon that could do something, thus the raw broadsword. I think the Irrythyl sword has an A rating with strength, so that might be one I go to next.

Gonzo 05-06-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

If you're going strength, great swords are nominal but remember it takes time to swing and you're open for attack. That Irythyl frost sword is great at stun-blocking enemies since it swings so fast, (dex build).
Definitely mess with that butchers blade since you regain HP. You can't go wrong with any of those. That machete is kinda meh. I still use the frost sword on NG+. I have a quality build, though so anything works. My dex and strength are both soft capped.

Swanman 05-06-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12218832)
If you're going strength, great swords are nominal but remember it takes time to swing and you're open for attack. That Irythyl frost sword is great at stun-blocking enemies since it swings so fast, (dex build).
Definitely mess with that butchers blade since you regain HP. You can't go wrong with any of those. That machete is kinda meh. I still use the frost sword on NG+. I have a quality build, though so anything works. My dex and strength are both soft capped.

I am trying to keep things fairly even and not go crazy one way or the other. I think I need to put some points into the stat that ups my carry load so I won't be too bogged down with new equipment.

I tried out the machete and didn't like it much. It took forever to swing and my carry ratio was way too high.

Sassy Squatch 05-06-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 12218845)
I am trying to keep things fairly even and not go crazy one way or the other. I think I need to put some points into the stat that ups my carry load so I won't be too bogged down with new equipment.

I tried out the machete and didn't like it much. It took forever to swing and my carry ratio was way too high.

What was your starting class?

Swanman 05-06-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12218849)
What was your starting class?

Knight

kcxiv 05-06-2016 03:08 PM

Everyone try overwatch, this shit is so much fun, but its soooo faced pace. Free open beta this weekend. PS4/XBOX1 and PC. We got a bunch of my "clan" playing this game right now. Good stuffs.

eDave 05-06-2016 04:10 PM

<iframe width="1455" height="710" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c7nRTF2SowQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam 05-07-2016 03:41 PM

so.. i actually think BF1 might have some promise, hope they don't **** it up like everything they have done since bf3

GloucesterChief 05-07-2016 04:05 PM

I am surprised that no one has done a WWI shooter till now. Looks promising. Hopefully better than Star Wars Battlefront.

eDave 05-07-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12220470)
so.. i actually think BF1 might have some promise, hope they don't **** it up like everything they have done since bf3

Give me a SP mode on PC and there is no way I am not buying this one. Don't have the time to be a decent online player. With any game. And my thing is immersion. Not kill counts.

Gonzo 05-07-2016 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 12220513)
I am surprised that no one has done a WWI shooter till now. Looks promising. Hopefully better than Star Wars Battlefront.

I do believe that I mentioned (either in this thread or my original) how I'd love a WWI based game.

I truly hope they do it justice.

GloucesterChief 05-07-2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12220649)
I do believe that I mentioned (either in this thread or my original) how I'd love a WWI based game.

I truly hope they do it justice.

Yeah, going over the top should be terrifying.

New World Order 05-07-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12220470)

It looks ****ing sweet.

Mother****erJones 05-08-2016 06:21 PM

Bought dark souls Friday night. Haven't played a ton because I'm trying to finish Witcher. Got my ass kicked by the first boss a couple times but I didn't almost beat him once. Just not use to the gameplay because I've been playing witcher so I tend to hit square for attack and it uses health (square is attack in witcher).

Gonzo 05-08-2016 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12221761)
Bought dark souls Friday night. Haven't played a ton because I'm trying to finish Witcher. Got my ass kicked by the first boss a couple times but I didn't almost beat him once. Just not use to the gameplay because I've been playing witcher so I tend to hit square for attack and it uses health (square is attack in witcher).

You'll get used to it. Use the firebombs after he changes into that big assed tar monster thing.

Mother****erJones 05-08-2016 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12221980)
You'll get used to it. Use the firebombs after he changes into that big assed tar monster thing.

I'll be fine. I was good at Bloodborne. I think I'm almost done with Witcher.

hometeam 05-09-2016 11:33 AM

So, if you didnt know, Overwatch officially launches on the 24th, and there is a current open beta that ends tomorrow on both consoles and PC.

Try it, because its gonna rekt~