ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Thomas Jones to donate brain for study after death (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268964)

Rambozo 01-16-2013 01:08 PM

So if they don't find anything wrong with his brain will that confirm that Baldwin is a big puss?

Rausch 01-16-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9324633)
It's because it's CP.

oh, and **** YOU

:D

You've always had a very under-average penis...

cosmo20002 01-16-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9324017)
Thomas Jones to donate brain for study after death

Maybe they will be able to locate the 1 yard per carry gene.

Actually, he had an excellent career--but that last year or so was just brutal.

El Jefe 01-16-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9324064)
I love how all these Athletes try and make us feel sorry for them. You signed the million dollar contract to get hit in the head thousands of times, nobody forced you to do it. You could have gone a different route with your free college degree. Shut the **** up and cash your check while the rest of us work 9-5. I don't care about your head problems, not even a little bit.

:clap::clap::clap: It's like, you are in my head thinking my thoughts. GREAT post!

cosmo20002 01-16-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

I love how all these Athletes try and make us feel sorry for them. You signed the million dollar contract to get hit in the head thousands of times, nobody forced you to do it. You could have gone a different route with your free college degree. Shut the **** up and cash your check while the rest of us work 9-5. I don't care about your head problems, not even a little bit.

So, you're kind of a dick, huh?

Amnorix 01-16-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9324254)
That didn't seem like the point you were making.

My point is, it's depressing because at the end of the day, there is not much more that can be done to make the game safer. It is what it is.

I think that elimination of kickoff returns is coming. Sad, but probably true. I keep hoping that they can redesign helmets or something...

nychief 01-16-2013 01:16 PM

Where are these athletes trying to make us feel bad for them?

DaneMcCloud 01-16-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9324784)
:clap::clap::clap: It's like, you are in my head thinking my thoughts. GREAT post!

Great post? Are you ****ing reeruned?

How many of the 1,700 NFL players earn a million dollars per season?

DaneMcCloud 01-16-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9324798)
So, you're kind of a dick, huh?

No, he's being sarcastic.

:spock:

Well, that was his excuse after being called a dumbass numerous times.

Thig Lyfe 01-16-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9324017)
The first of six planned episodes, produced by Jones' company Independently Major Entertainment Films, deals with concussions and suicide.

Apparently he was already suffering from brain damage when he named his production company.

InChiefsHeaven 01-16-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9324806)
I think that elimination of kickoff returns is coming. Sad, but probably true. I keep hoping that they can redesign helmets or something...

Posted a link about new helmets on the last page. Seems encouraging.

But man, you get rid of kick returns and it really changes things. As I understand it the proposed idea is the scoring team instead of kicking off gets the ball on their own 20, where it's "4th and 15". SO, they can choose to go for it (like an onside kick) or punt it away. I guess more bad things happen on kick returns than punt returns.

And as far as the beginning of the game, I guess the coin toss winner just gets the ball at the 20 or something...I dunno.

It just feels like if they go to this, it would just suck.

DaneMcCloud 01-16-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9324837)
It just feels like if they go to this, it would just suck.

It would suck for older viewers for a few years, then like any other rule change that's been made over the years, it would fade into oblivion.

Young viewers would never know the difference. Plus, the NFL knows that its audience doesn't live and die by the kickoff.

mikey23545 01-16-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

I can understand your lack of human compassion.

Besides your career as a big time NFL scout which must have led to your obvious penis envy, it is also very clear you've had way too many concussions yourself...

ElGringo 01-16-2013 02:12 PM

One thing that I have heard elsewhere before was the idea of going back to the old time leather helmets and minimal pads. Right now the NFL players use their bodies as weapons because they are wearing suits of armor. Back when they had minimal padding, they had to learn the real fundamentals of the game and how to attack in control so no one got hurt. While I don't think this is THE ANSWER, I do believe there is some merit to this line of thought.

HolyHat 01-16-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9324862)
I can understand your lack of human compassion.

Besides your career as a big time NFL scout which must have led to your obvious penis envy, it is also very clear you've had way too many concussions yourself...

I spent 6 months working with my uncle for a pro team, I've never claimed to be some super scout. I was a piss on intern pretty much. I did it to pass time and try something that I thought I would love, I hated it so much that I decided to go defend your country for 4 years instead. Is that ok with you? You ****ing dumb dick clown douche excuse for a human. Go piss on your balls loser.