ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Doctor Who (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243362)

unlurking 11-17-2014 10:53 AM

Looks fun!

Rausch 11-17-2014 06:10 PM

Nice to see Finn from Misfits getting some work. I thought he did a good job.

Now that I think about it Robert Sheehan from the first few years of Misfits would make an excellent Dr. Who...

NSFW...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ow1soirVxd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ragged Robin 11-17-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11121985)
Nice to see Finn from Misfits getting some work. I thought he did a good job.

Now that I think about it Robert Sheehan from the first few years of Misfits would make an excellent Dr. Who...

I'm pretty sure they're done with the "young hipster kid" doctors for a while now

listopencil 12-01-2014 01:41 AM

I don't know why I didn't think of this until tonight, but Capaldi is the perfect age right now to hook Doctor Who up with River Song. Capaldi was born in '58 and Kingston was born in '63.

keg in kc 12-25-2014 09:38 PM

Well played, Doctor Who. Well played.

unlurking 12-26-2014 06:43 PM

That was fun but...

Spoiler!

keg in kc 12-26-2014 07:51 PM

That's what I was referring to. They set us all up well.

Ragged Robin 12-27-2014 12:52 PM

Unfortunately the actress changed her mind and decided to stay for another season. Such a shame.. we've already gone through two different story arcs centered on her boring ass and she's about to be the longest standing New Who companion..

unlurking 12-27-2014 03:34 PM

Other than Karen Gilian, she's been my favorite. Glad she's staying (without Mr. Pink).

keg in kc 12-27-2014 05:51 PM

I like her, as well.

I think one of the original rumors was she'd only be around a half season. That might still be a possibility.

GloucesterChief 12-27-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11220147)
Unfortunately the actress changed her mind and decided to stay for another season. Such a shame.. we've already gone through two different story arcs centered on her boring ass and she's about to be the longest standing New Who companion..

At least she is very nice to look at.

keg in kc 12-27-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11220787)

He can always go back and watch the Donna Noble eps over and over.

Ragged Robin 12-27-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11220787)

Literally the ONLY reason anyone gives a shit about her. Pathetic.

keg in kc 12-27-2014 07:17 PM

I can't speak for anyone else but looks alone are not enough to satisfy me. Yes, she is pretty. No denying that. But what I like is the character of Clara. The energy, the strength, the way she can both take charge and be vulnerable. There's a lot to like. Although, much like Amy and Rory, I wish Danny Pink hadn't been such a focus. Little too much soap opera for me. But they're casting a wide net for audience, so I can live with it.

NewChief 12-27-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11220938)
I can't speak for anyone else but looks alone are not enough to satisfy me. Yes, she is pretty. No denying that. But what I like is the character of Clara. The energy, the strength, the way she can both take charge and be vulnerable. There's a lot to like. Although, much like Amy and Rory, I wish Danny Pink hadn't been such a focus. Little too much soap opera for me. But they're casting a wide net for audience, so I can live with it.

Somehow at my mother's over Christmas we got started watching this show. My 7 year old fell in love with it. Curious: is it appropriate for a 7 year old to watch? I know the very old school verision from when I was growing up was fine, but this one seemed to be a bit more mature.

Still, I'd love to have a series for all of the family to watch together, as most of my watching tends toward mature stuff that they can't view.