ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Matt Barkley doesn't resemble elite quarterback prospect in 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266955)

mdchiefsfan 11-22-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9141630)
He's the kind of QB that reminds me of my 2nd year of college.

I'd get a girl alone in a room and then........wait......whut?......."It's called a padded bra..."

ROFL

BossChief 11-22-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9141987)
Don't be an idiot. I am saying his upside is worth the risk. But only cp is trying to make the case that he is a perfectly unflawed qb. In most qb classes, he is tier 2.

If he is flawless as you try to paint him to be, there is no reason anybody should be debating him as the #1 pick in a lackluster qb class. Or why many nfl analysts are hesitant to put him there.

This place overreacts. I like him. But to pretend he isn't riskier than many #1 qbs is laughable.

Dont dodge the question I posed.

You said he has "major bust potential" and I simply asked what specifically gave you this thought.

Is he dumb?
Bad arm?
Poor accuracy?
Cant read defenses?
Doesnt understand coverages?
Immobile?
Bad leader?
Injury prone?
Is he an asshole off the field?

For you to make a bullshit claim like "he has major bust potential", surely you had something to base that claim off of...

Im just asking what you see that I am missing...

BossChief 11-22-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9141992)
By the way... The last time you called me out for saying dumb shit was because I didn't hop on the bandwagon that we should hire a 60 year old offensive coordinator who just a year ago was pretty widely hated by educated steelers fans.

Even if that was totally accurate, whats your point?

Arians has a near perfect record with developing first round quarterbacks and has a backround in the Steelers system and is a OC under a guy that has ties to Baltimore.

The guy would be able to get a DC from either of those systems and develop our quarterback.

Not sure whats not to like...

chiefzilla1501 11-22-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9142047)
Dont dodge the question I posed.

You said he has "major bust potential" and I simply asked what specifically gave you this thought.

Is he dumb?
Bad arm?
Poor accuracy?
Cant read defenses?
Doesnt understand coverages?
Immobile?
Bad leader?
Injury prone?
Is he an asshole off the field?

For you to make a bullshit claim like "he has major bust potential", surely you had something to base that claim off of...

Im just asking what you see that I am missing...

I've said this before. He is not rgIII, who ran a college offense, but we knew could win with his legs even if he wasn't a master at a pro offense (even in terms of being a pure pocket passer, he doesn't walk in with nearly the impressive pedigree as rgIII). He isn't Andrew luck, who we knew would MASTER a pocket based pro offense.

He is going to have to win games with his head. He is mobile enough, but not enough to mask inability to win in the pocket. People point to a "good enough" job in an average pro offense a few years ago. Today, he runs a very college oriented system where he isn't asked to go through progressions. He hasn't played against super complicated defenses to give us a feel for how he will react to out thinking a brilliant defense. We have to take leaps of faith that his football iq, coachability, and work ethic will help him do that.

Again. I would take him in a heartbeat. But fans of bad teams are the only ones who pretend he comes without risk. It's another case of cp exaggerating about a guy they like. Outside of cp, he is universally viewed as a borderline #1 pick in a lackluster qb class. If he is as clear cut as you say, given his skill set, he would be a consensus #1. The only reason hes becoming more of a consensus pick is because barkleys stock is nose diving.

scho63 11-22-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9141585)
You'd think as chief fans we'd deserve to a guy like Luck or RGIII available when we pick.

Yeah, we miss out on a ll the sure things and this year when we have the opportunity the pickings are slim. We better not draft Todd Blackledge Jr.

dj56dt58 11-22-2012 04:01 PM

bowl games and the combine wil determine who we are picking

I think geno will end up being the obvious number 1..I don't remember people being all upon rg3s dick until after the bowl game and the combine

chiefzilla1501 11-22-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9142056)
Even if that was totally accurate, whats your point?

Arians has a near perfect record with developing first round quarterbacks and has a backround in the Steelers system and is a OC under a guy that has ties to Baltimore.

The guy would be able to get a DC from either of those systems and develop our quarterback.

Not sure whats not to like...

My thread makes it clear. He may be a good positions coach, but no person should want a coach that coddled big Ben and his behavior. The Rooneys, the fans, and Tomlin wanted him fired for years. The only reason he kept his job is because his best friend, Ben, vouched for him. Even his teammates spoke out about how he favored ben.

He is the most overrated coordinator in the nfl. Apart from coddling Ben, he led one of the worst red zone offenses. Got his qbs clobbered. And never adjusted to situations like maybe deciding to run the ball when your qb plays on a broken ankle. Arians is a good positions coach whose genius is largely driven by coaching two unbelievably gifted qbs, and he is a players coach which I absolutely do not want.

There is a lot not to like. Again, post what you just wrote of a steelers board. You will get drilled worse than knowmo.

chiefzilla1501 11-22-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 9142083)
bowl games and the combine wil determine who we are picking

I think geno will end up being the obvious number 1..I don't remember people being all upon rg3s dick until after the bowl game and the combine

Geno isn't the prospect rgIII was. Again, I like geno. But rgIII was a sure thing. Everybody knew it and few disagreed.

BossChief 11-22-2012 04:12 PM

The difference between RG3 and Geno is 4.3 speed vs 4.6 speed and the systems they ran in college. As passers, they are extremely comparable.

So, what I have learned today form ChiefsZilla is that Geno Smith has "major bust potential" because he would have a hard time mastering a pro style offense and because he isnt RG3.

Which he isnt, he is GS3.

Ace Gunner 11-22-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9142087)
Geno isn't the prospect rgIII was. Again, I like geno. But rgIII was a sure thing. Everybody knew it and few disagreed.

months before the draft a lot of posts called the gap between Luck & RG3 a large one. There were folks calling RG3 sure bust who couldn't run an NFL offense and would be the next Vick but worse.

Heh

Mr_Tomahawk 11-22-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9142091)

he is GS3.

Well...THAT'S the cheesiest thing I've read today.

Ace Gunner 11-22-2012 04:18 PM

Actually, it is the lacking foot speed of this year's QB draft that makes these players less ideal as top picks. They can all throw a decent pass, some are smarter yadayada, but the need for foot speed has never been greater at the QB position.

Both Luck & RG3 use mobility in their game at this level.

chiefzilla1501 11-22-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9142091)
The difference between RG3 and Geno is 4.3 speed vs 4.6 speed and the systems they ran in college. As passers, they are extremely comparable.

So, what I have learned today form ChiefsZilla is that Geno Smith has "major bust potential" because he would have a hard time mastering a pro style offense and because he isnt RG3.

Which he isnt, he is GS3.

RgIII was a sure thing because his floor was that he would be an out of this world running qb. His upside was to be an out of the world athlete who was also an excellent pocket passer. Geno is going to be a pocket passer who can use his legs if he has to. That is a tremendous difference.

Geno HAS to be not just a good, but a masterful pocket passer. I never said he can't do that. Don't put words in my mouth. I've praised his football iq and work ethic. I've said it is a risk. And when I say bust potential, I am basing that on the idea that anything short of a franchise qb is a bust. Solid starter to me, is a bust.

Ace Gunner 11-22-2012 04:19 PM

wow what a pass by RG3. A lil slide and boom!

jspchief 11-22-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9142087)

How many "sure things" at QB have been drafted in the last 15 years?