ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Hunt only member to vote against LA moves, St. Louis market opens for Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297810)

Mr. Laz 01-23-2016 12:28 PM

Hunt only member to vote against LA moves, St. Louis market opens for Chiefs

Chiefs will market in St. Louis
Posted by Mike Florio on January 23, 2016, 12:54 PM EST

Two weeks ago, Missouri had two NFL teams. It now has one. And the one still left hopes to draw fans from the other side of the state.

But the Kansas City Chiefs will tread lightly in St. Louis, out of respect for a fan base still recovering from the relocation of the Rams.

“I’ve gotten texts and emails from fans saying I’m now a Chiefs fan, and we appreciate all that,” team president Mark Donovan said, via Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star. “But we’re going to take a strategic approach to that — we’re going to be respectful. They’ve been through a really tough process. We’re going to continue to do what we do, and we think with the success we’re having on the field and the success we’re having off the field, it creates a great opportunity for us.”

The Colts also have welcomed Rams fans to Indianapolis, and the Chiefs hope that their games will be televised more frequently in the now-vacant market.

“We’re in conversations right now with the league on how the league’s going to look at that, and we’ll make our case there,” Donovan said.

Coincidentally (or not), Chiefs owner Clark Hunt was the only member of the Committee on L.A. Opportunities to vote against allowing the Chargers and Raiders sharing space in Carson. Which opened the door for letting the Rams leaves St. Louis for Los Angeles.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-23-2016 12:33 PM

There is already a huge fan base there

eDave 01-23-2016 01:02 PM

Clark TCB. Dudes got skillz

bevischief 01-23-2016 01:07 PM

And this is a surprise...?

TribalElder 01-23-2016 01:43 PM

Good for the Clarks standing up for Missouri

FloridaMan88 01-23-2016 01:48 PM

St. Louis tried to block efforts to fund the construction of the Sprint Center. Enterprise Rental Car (based in St. Louis) poured in a lot of money to convince KC voters to vote against funding the construction of the Sprint Center.

Payback is a bitch.

Spott 01-23-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 12045414)
St. Louis tried to block efforts to fund the construction of the Sprint Center. Enterprise Rental Car (based in St. Louis) poured in a lot of money to convince KC voters to vote against funding the construction of the Sprint Center.

Payback is a bitch.

I haven't lived in KC for a while but I noticed that I had a 4 dollar per day surcharge on my car rental when I went back home at Thanksgiving. The 4 dollar surcharge just said "Arena Cost Recovery Fee". I'm assuming that was for building the Sprint Center which would probably explain the efforts of Enterprise to sway the voters against it.

ChiefsCountry 01-23-2016 02:40 PM

I think it would be smart to play a preseason game in St. Louis every few years.

SAUTO 01-23-2016 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 12045438)
I haven't lived in KC for a while but I noticed that I had a 4 dollar per day surcharge on my car rental when I went back home at Thanksgiving. The 4 dollar surcharge just said "Arena Cost Recovery Fee". I'm assuming that was for building the Sprint Center which would probably explain the efforts of Enterprise to sway the voters against it.

Pretty sure they didn't mind the surcharge enacted in st Louis to help build their stadium iirc

O.city 01-23-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12045469)
I think it would be smart to play a preseason game in St. Louis every few years.

Not a bad idea, but do it at the dome?

DaneMcCloud 01-23-2016 03:14 PM

This article is misworded bullshit.

Clark Hunt voted against recommending the Carson project to the other 31 owners. His vote had absolutely no bearing on how the other 31 owners voted for either project.

Florio is a hack.

ChiefsCountry 01-23-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12045501)
Not a bad idea, but do it at the dome?

Yeah. It's still an NFL quality facility. A preseason game every 3 or 4 years would be okay IMO.

Hammock Parties 01-23-2016 03:16 PM

good guy Clark Hunt...votes against Rams leaving for LA...takes Rams market share anyway

O.city 01-23-2016 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12045507)
Yeah. It's still an NFL quality facility. A preseason game every 3 or 4 years would be okay IMO.

I'd hate to take away more games from season ticket holders though

ChiefsCountry 01-23-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12045511)
I'd hate to take away more games from season ticket holders though

A preseason game I think most of us could swallow losing one of them.