ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Black Mirror? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313197)

L.A. Chieffan 01-16-2018 10:38 AM

If you don't like episode #1 then FU.

Mr. Plow 01-16-2018 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13356223)
Watched the very first episode, National Anthem, and thought it was the stupidest thing I'd seen in a long while. The entire premise was just so ridiculous and unbelievable, I didn't want to continue with the rest of the episodes. Painfully stupid and disgusting.

Synopsis, if you haven't seen it and don't care about spoilers:

Spoiler!

I've enjoyed Black Mirror. First heard about it on Reddit early last year. The first thing everyone says to someone going to watch the series for the first time - don't watch the first episode as your first one. There is no link between episodes, so you want watch whichever you want in any order.

I'd advise giving it another shot watching something like White Christmas and going from there.

Fish 01-17-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 13365069)
I've enjoyed Black Mirror. First heard about it on Reddit early last year. The first thing everyone says to someone going to watch the series for the first time - don't watch the first episode as your first one. There is no link between episodes, so you want watch whichever you want in any order.

I'd advise giving it another shot watching something like White Christmas and going from there.

Yeah, I didn't initially realize each episode was a complete stand alone. I'll give it another shot. Thanks.

Mr. Plow 01-17-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13366615)
Yeah, I didn't initially realize each episode was a complete stand alone. I'll give it another shot. Thanks.

I haven't dug into the new season yet.

Beef Supreme 01-17-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Watched the very first episode, National Anthem, and thought it was the stupidest thing I'd seen in a long while. The entire premise was just so ridiculous and unbelievable, I didn't want to continue with the rest of the episodes. Painfully stupid and disgusting.

Synopsis, if you haven't seen it and don't care about spoilers:

Spoiler!

Yep. I heard this show was good and watched the first episode.

https://i1.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-co...sons.gif?ssl=1

MTG#10 01-17-2018 01:48 PM

Im in the minority here, I thought National Anthem was one of the better episodes and White Christmas was one of my least favorites. The Waldo one sucked.

AssEaterChief 01-17-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 13366967)
Im in the minority here, I thought National Anthem was one of the better episodes and White Christmas was one of my least favorites. The Waldo one sucked.

What didn't you like about White Christmas?

National Anthem was a good episode for me.

Mr. Plow 01-17-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

I liked National Anthem. But, it's a bit much to take in being the "1st" episode.

MTG#10 01-17-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 13367013)
What didn't you like about White Christmas?

National Anthem was a good episode for me.

I just thought it was boring, maybe I was tired when I watched it. The twist didn't surprise me either, I saw it coming fairly early on.

The Franchise 01-17-2018 04:54 PM

Shut up and dance was a ****ed up episode.

NewChief 01-18-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

The Waldo one was prescient.

Swanman 01-19-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 13356427)
One of my favorite shows. Every episode is a different story so I wouldn't get discouraged by the 1st show.

My favorites are:

Shut up and Dance
Playtest
White Christmas
Hang the DJ
Black Museum
Men Against Fire

San Junipero is very thought provoking too even though I had to watch it 3 or 4 times to really appreciate it.

I got hooked after Fifteen Million Merits. It just had such a claustrophobic and immersive feel and just the mystery as to what the hell the people were doing there in the first place just added to it for me.

Discuss Thrower 01-19-2018 01:17 PM

Just watched "Men Against Fire", "Hated in the Nation" and "Be Right Back."

The former and the latter are worth watching and remind me that Black Mirror is more thematically related to the reboot of Outer Limits than it is a Twilight Zone.

"Hated in the Nation" might be a bit heavy handed in narrative, but it has enough action and fast-paced enough to keep you entertained.

The female lead's accent though.... yikes.. it's hard to get past that. How the **** do we have the same common ancestors yet can hardly understand what those Brit Islanders ****ing say?!

MTG#10 01-19-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Spoiler!

That's not true at all.

Spoiler!

KCUnited 01-20-2018 08:09 AM

Hopped on Netflix to check out Black Mirror due to this thread. LOL, it showed that at some point I had watched maybe 10 minutes of the 1st episode and turned it off. It must have been bad as I don't even remember starting it. Watched the 2nd episode and am now fully enjoying it.