ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Once Shot 27 times in Iraq. America lost a hero yesterday. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348146)

BigRedChief 03-29-2023 11:12 PM

Once Shot 27 times in Iraq. America lost a hero yesterday.

Not my words below. But, I met this American hero. He was a legend.
——————————————————————

Navy Seal Mike Day, took his life yesterday. Mike meant a lot to everyone and he deserved so much better than this ending. What he had overcome was monumental.

Mike was shot 27 times while on active duty in Iraq.

If you don’t know who Mike is he is a NAVY SEAL who on April 6, 2007, in Iraq’s Anbar Province he, his team of Navy SEALs, and a group of Iraqi scouts were on the hunt for a high-level al Qaeda cell that were targeting US troops and women & children. Mike was the first to enter a room where 4 terrorist leaders were waiting in ambush. When the gunfight was over, he took out all four terrorists, but not before being shot 27 times and hit with grenade shrapnel. By only a miracle and saving grace, Mike cleared the house and rescued 6 women and children before walking out ON HIS OWN to an awaiting helicopter which flew him to safety, he said “I wasn’t being macho, but I was afraid if they picked me up, it would just hurt more.” He details his story in his book Perfectly Wounded and there were plans to make a movie about this incredible HERO!

Mike spent his life giving back. He worked at the U.S. Special Operations Command Warrior Care Program – also called the Care Coalition, helping service members. He is a TRUE LEGEND and HERO by ALL accounts! He is pictured here with his Faithful K9 Herja…

Rest in Paradise Mike!

PLEASE check in with your friends, family and any veterans you know to see if they are ok and need support in any way. Sometimes it feels too much to reach out and ask for help. Suicide prevention hotline dial
#988 or 1-800-273-TALK
We ALL need to be there for one another.

Megatron96 03-29-2023 11:23 PM

RIP. Godspeed.

big nasty kcnut 03-30-2023 12:50 AM

RIP 27 times i think after the fifth or six times he got shot he's was like ok you had your shot my ****ing turn.

PAChiefsGuy 03-30-2023 03:03 AM

R.i.p. soldier gone but never forgotten

scho63 03-30-2023 04:10 AM

I have always been in awe and hold in such high esteem any and all service men and women who put their life on the line to defend our country.

It may not have started out that way for them but it is the ultimate sacrifice.

I could NEVER do it.

God Speed to another fallen hero.

dtrain 03-30-2023 04:27 AM

Semper Fi my Navy brother you can truly rest now.

Why Not? 03-30-2023 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 16881586)
I have always been in awe and hold in such high esteem any and all service men and women who put their life on the line to defend our country.

It may not have started out that way for them but it is the ultimate sacrifice.

I could NEVER do it.

God Speed to another fallen hero.

Agreed. RIP to a true hero.

Buehler445 03-30-2023 06:56 AM

Damn. RIP.

Maybe, some ****ing day, we'll figure out the VA needs more and better psychological treatments.

Marcellus 03-30-2023 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16881636)
Damn. RIP.

Maybe, some ****ing day, we'll figure out the VA needs more and better psychological treatments.

While there is plenty more work to do at the VA that's not really the issue in this case. Mike had a huge support system and access to all kinds of help through various foundations and he was actually helping other veterans.

He just lost the battle unfortunately. RIP.

Buehler445 03-30-2023 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16881659)
While there is plenty more work to do at the VA that's not really the issue in this case. Mike had a huge support system and access to all kinds of help through various foundations and he was actually helping other veterans.

Right on.

That’s truly unfortunate

dlphg9 03-30-2023 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16881636)
Damn. RIP.

With the amount of money we spend on the military we should have world class health care for our vets and they shouldn't have to pay a dime either. Quit paying ****ing contractors and put that money towards more pay and better health benefits.

BigRedChief 03-30-2023 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16881659)

I got to know many "Mikes" in the early 2000's. The military would give these heroes assignments to the CENTCOM/SOCOM bases. These were what was known as cushy assignments to the soldiers as they got back on their feet physically and mentally. But still helping the war fighting.

I worked with 3 of these heroes during the day, side by side and everything seemed normal. They killed themselves that night. They had all kinds of different help that was there just for them. Toughest dudes I've ever known. The demons inside themselves caused by the war was just too much to carry.

I have no idea how to save them. But, we need to find that way. We are losing some of the best men and women this nation ever produced. There has to be a way to save more of them. We owe them to try harder.

RedinTexas 03-30-2023 09:33 AM

Survivor's guilt is a big factor in this. It's extremely difficult to lose friends who have had your back.

RickObie 03-30-2023 09:41 AM

RIP Hero...gone but never forgotten...

Shiver Me Timbers 03-30-2023 09:47 AM

God Speed Warrior.
God Bless all our Vets and their families