ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

penguinz 02-28-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8406060)
1. Depends on the zombie film, zombies could be from necromancing, virus, alien, military or biblical.. I like military and a virus that stops most of the decaying, kind of like return of the night of the living dead films.. As for food, started as brains, something with the chemicals in the brain.

2. Again depends on the zombie movie, original most of the foreign films that started the zombie craze had them eat different things. Flys and birds were the carrier for one zombie movie, I think Zombi3, like a late 60s movie.. Also, generally most zombie films state that the virus is only harmful to humans..

I really need to quit ****ing around so much and write my story.. I think I could make a decent tv show..

I will try and find it, but there is a decent British zombie films where only the females turn into zombies.. violence + humor..

I tried watching The Fade and couldn't finish it.

Valiant 02-28-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8406069)
I tried watching The Fade and couldn't finish it.

Really??

I loved it, I like slow building shows sometimes.. I thought it was very different, especially for American audiences..

WhiteWhale 02-28-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8405595)
I agree. There should be more almost-skeleton-zombies. It would not only make more sense to the overall zombie plot, but it would be effing awesome would it not!

I mean that would be cool, but how would they move?

I mean we're stretching believablity with the whole zombie thing in the first place... if skeletons start walking around you can only assume it's black magic. :D

WhiteWhale 02-28-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8406029)
Return of the Living Dead 1 & 2, now they did zombies right.. Now the rest of the series is dogshit though..

Those movies were borderline parodies with god awful acting across the board. The only notable contribution was 'braaaaaaaaaiiiiins"

Hilarious? Yes. Awesome... no.

penguinz 02-28-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8406077)
Really??

I loved it, I like slow building shows sometimes.. I thought it was very different, especially for American audiences..

I have been very ADD lately. Maybe I will try watching it again sometime when I can put time into it.

penguinz 02-28-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8406098)
I mean that would be cool, but how would they move?

I mean we're stretching believablity with the whole zombie thing in the first place... if skeletons start walking around you can only assume it's black magic. :D

Or you are watching Army of Darkness. ;)

penguinz 02-28-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8406103)
Those movies were borderline parodies with god awful acting across the board. The only notable contribution was 'braaaaaaaaaiiiiins"

Hilarious? Yes. Awesome... no.

Russo thought his plans for the dead franchise was better than Romero's. He could not have been more wrong.

Other than nudity and braaaaa!iiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnsss!

WhiteWhale 02-28-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8406133)
Or you are watching Army of Darkness. ;)

It's my BOOMstick!

Ceej 02-28-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8406061)
And as more show up they would be able to climb over each other and eventually make it to the roof.

how often have we seen zombies climb over each other like it was a concert at Woodstock?

penguinz 02-28-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8406412)
how often have we seen zombies climb over each other like it was a concert at Woodstock?

Zombie survival guide

cabletech94 02-28-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8406498)
Zombie survival guide

max brooks?

winning!:clap:

aturnis 02-28-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8405620)
even my WIFE was like.....they gotta kill that kid!
and seriously....if you mentally put yourself in that exact situation (far out there as it is)....my wife and kid are back at the farm and this guy knows where we're staying....I'd have to kill him. it would suck, but it would have to be done. Shane is right. Rick is wrong.

B/c there is no way he could become a functioning member of the group? I understand not trusting the guy, but you've already gone this far, why not give him a chance?

aturnis 02-28-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8405626)
actually, if you'll remember....the island didn't work out either. at the end they come walking out of the water. DOH! zombies don't need boats!

They didn't come walking out of the water, they had already overtaken the island. Realistically, they could have killed all the Zombies on the island, and been fine.

Fish 02-29-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8405508)
Anyone have a link where I can watch the newest episode.
Don't feel like waiting for it to download.

http://www.1channel.ch/watch-2490619-The-Walking-Dead

blaise 02-29-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8406678)
They didn't come walking out of the water, they had already overtaken the island. Realistically, they could have killed all the Zombies on the island, and been fine.

There is one movie where they just drop into a river and then walk along the bottom, because they obviously can't drown. But they couldn't do that in the ocean. It's not like they could have a good enough sense of direction to walk on the ocean floor and find an island.
Your biggest threat would be from other surviving humans who wanted to get on the island.