ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2017 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604)

BossChief 03-21-2017 12:13 PM

This would be a time the Eagles would be hitting the phones hard to try and trade down.

There are 10 prospects that could provide big time impact to them at positions of need.

I'd love to get a late third to move back 10 spots.

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12792071)
Ducking in to say that I know I'm on the clock. Give me 20 min.

well that's awfully considerate of you

staylor26 03-21-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12792076)
This would be a time the Eagles would be hitting the phones hard to try and trade down.

There are 10 prospects that could provide big time impact to them at positions of need.

I'd love to get a late third to move back 10 spots.

This mock has me thinking we'll probably see a few of those after the top 10 picks.

BossChief 03-21-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12792081)
This mock has me thinking we'll probably see a few of those after the top 10 picks.

It's possible.

I mean, I'm pretty sure I know exactly who I'm gonna take, but I'm passing on at least 5 guys I can see (that are still on the board) that can be elite (top 5)at their position at the next level.

I'm usually running to turn in my card when it's my turn to pick...right now, if a team called with next years 2nd and this years first to move into the late first, I'd take it.

BossChief 03-21-2017 12:29 PM

You know what I keep thinking?

That Andy, John and Pedersen will work a trade for KC to move up into that 14 spot to take Pat Mahomes.

KC knows teams love to trade in front of them to take a QB, so I think they will move up to get one.

I just don't think they want to part with selections in this draft to do it.

BossChief 03-21-2017 12:31 PM

24 minutes and counting, Mr 20 minutes... We're waiting

Direckshun 03-21-2017 12:33 PM

The Cardinals were gearing up to take a player they really like, but scrapped those plans when they saw Watson still on the board.

The Arizona Cardinals take Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson.

Direckshun 03-21-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12792096)
24 minutes and counting, Mr 20 minutes... We're waiting

Consider this as your PM.

The Franchise 03-21-2017 12:35 PM

I think that's a bad fit for Watson....but that's just me.

Direckshun 03-21-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12792103)
I think that's a bad fit for Watson....but that's just me.

Value's too good. OL is solid, and the run game is top tier.

If Watson doesn't fit the offense, make the offense fit Watson.

BossChief 03-21-2017 12:46 PM

With the 14th pick in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft, The Philidelphia Eagles select Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida St

This is a complete against the grain pick for me. I don't like the thought of taking running backs in the first round. In today's NFL they don't hold that much value. Also, passing on what I consider multiple blue chip defenders to take a RB was even more difficult.

Now here's the juice.

For Doug Petersons offense to work effectively and for Carson Wentz to get some breathing room, the offense needs Dalvin Cook.

He's essentially tailor made for the offense.

He can get all of those screen opportunities and turn them into big gains. He's a hell of a running back that hits the hole as its opening up and has the acceleration and breakaway speed to get into the second and third levels of the defense consistently and he's a good pass blocker.

He probably has the potential to be another Jamaal Charles and TBH he reminds me of Charles with every run. The kid says he patterns his game after Jamaal.

I see it as a perfect fit for a young team like Philly with a young QB they are developing in Wentz. This gives him his blankey.

BossChief 03-21-2017 12:49 PM

And sorry, Shun but Watsons a terrible fit for the Cardinals. His deep balls loft in the air and I don't think he has the arm to succeed in that division, whatsoever.

Pick city

staylor26 03-21-2017 12:50 PM

Nice pick Boss. Cook is a great fit.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12792117)
And sorry, Shun but Watsons a terrible fit for the Cardinals. His deep balls loft in the air and I don't think he has the arm to succeed in that division, whatsoever.

Pick city

Yeah, Watson seems like a pretty poor fit in an Arians system. Kizer would've been my pick there if I had to take a QB (but more realistically, I don't take a QB; I have a 2 year window to take down a winnable division with Carson Palmer under center and Palmer can win me a championship so I capitalize on that window and take a pick that can help me now).

staylor26 03-21-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12792121)
Yeah, Watson seems like a pretty poor fit in an Arians system. Kizer would've been my pick there if I had to take a QB (but more realistically, I don't take a QB; I have a 2 year window to take down a winnable division with Carson Palmer under center and Palmer can win me a championship so I capitalize on that window and take a pick that can help me now).

You gotta believe Arians is praying for Kizer to make it to their 2nd rounder. He's a perfect fit for that offense.