ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SCHEFTER- Crennel to Chiefs Imminent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221244)

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6416623)
LMAO The entire league does this. The NFL IS a copycat league.

That's a sports radio cliche propagated to support people who can't maximize the talents of the players that they have.

The Cover 2 worked in Tampa because of the talents of the players, just like Air Coryell worked in St. Louis, the WCO worked in San Fran, and the 3-4 worked in Pitt.

Never, ever chase trends. It doesn't work in any sports.

Moneyball. Read it.

keg in kc 01-06-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416626)
Because the guys that you've worked with in the past are axiomatically the best guy for the job in every case, and NFL history clearly points this out, based on how well the good ole boy network works when relocated without the exact same talent in place.

So, again, you're suggesting that every hire from here on out should be someone they don't know, someone not associated with anyone they know, someone not recommended by anyone they know, and someone in no way connected to them or anybody in their network.

Better start scouring those pop warner sidelines.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6416642)
So, again, you're suggesting that every hire from here on out should be someone they don't know, someone not associated with anyone they know, someone not recommended by anyone they know, and someone in no way connected to them or anybody in their network.

Better start scouring those pop warner sidelines.

No, that's a gross generalization propagated by someone whose argument is totally vapid.

Are there going to be cases where a guy you know is the best hire? Yes.

But explain to me how the guy you know is always the best hire.

Ebolapox 01-06-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 6416492)
No way, Romeo Crennel is only 12 letters and Charlie weis is only 11 letters. I just gotta think theres bigger names out there.

kurt and brian schottenheimer FTMFW

BigMeatballDave 01-06-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416639)
That's a sports radio cliche propagated to support people who can't maximize the talents of the players that they have.

The Cover 2 worked in Tampa because of the talents of the players, just like Air Coryell worked in St. Louis, the WCO worked in San Fran, and the 3-4 worked in Pitt.

Moneyball. Read it.

I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying its they way things go in the NFL. "Anything you can do, I can do better!"

I'd LOVE for the Chiefs to hire some progressive up and coming guys from college. Its just not gonna happen. Unfortunately, we're stuck with this. Wash, rinse, repeat...

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6416657)
I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying its they way things go in the NFL. "Anything you can do, I can do better!"

I'd LOVE for the Chiefs to hire some progressive up and coming guys from college. Its just not gonna happen. Unfortunately, we're stuck with this. Wash, rinse, repeat...

It's the way things go in the NFL for losers.

Saccopoo 01-06-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Because the guys that you've worked with in the past are axiomatically the best guy for the job in every case, and NFL history clearly points this out, based on how well the good ole boy network works when relocated without the exact same talent in place.

Well, we could have hired Shanahan and had him install his son as offensive coordinator...

Or maybe Mangino. He's been pretty crafty as an offensive guy.

dirk digler 01-06-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Hamas who would you hire?

TheGuardian 01-06-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416639)

Moneyball. Read it.

Yup.

It's all about talent really. Which is why this team has been getting the same results for a few years now even though the coaching staff has been overhauled. Which is why I laugh at fans that put everything on coaches. You can call a perfect ****ing play and if the WR bobbles the ball, then now it's a "dumb ****" play to the average fan.

Heh. I can remember a game where my team was getting gashed off right tackle. So we shifted the whole defense over 1 shade and brought the sam down to pinch the edge. Result? Kept getting our ass kicked. The adjustment was correct, however their right tackle was just owning our end, and he'd peel off and smash the ****ing sams head in. If you had replaced the end with a guy who could anchor, it doesn't happen.

That's shit most fans don't understand. I still remember my dad asking me why in the hell didn't we give the end some help to stop them. All I could do was shake my head.

KC kid 01-06-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6416677)

This.

Just Passin' By 01-06-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416552)
Point me to one case in NFL history where it has.

Parcells and Belichick reuniting and taking the Patriots to a Super Bowl, even though they lost to the Packers, would seem to be a pretty good success story.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6416677)

Well, I never would have switched to the 3-4, because Glenn Dorsey is a much better player than Tyson Jackson will ever be.

But, if he abso-****ing-lutely had to stay with the 3-4, I'd want us to move away from this two-gap bend-but-don't-break bullshit, and get a guy that runs an attacking scheme, so that we can at least force mistakes and turnovers to mask the lack of talent.

I'd like to see us take a look at Reggie Herring. He has experience in a 3-4 and 4-3 defense. Also Mike Pettine of the Jets or our own Greg Manusky.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 6416692)
Parcells and Belichick reuniting and taking the Patriots to a Super Bowl, even though they lost to the Packers, would seem to be a pretty good success story.

Save for the part that they didn't actually win, and that Parcells has never won a playoff game w/o Belichick holding his hand on defense...

EyePod 01-06-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 6416473)
This is a random though, but, if the Chiefs get Crennel, do they have the two biggest name coordinators in the NFL?

And in GM. How crazy is it that Hunt is bringing in the big names. I love it. KC is finally a place good people want to go.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-06-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416698)
Well, I never would have switched to the 3-4, because Glenn Dorsey is a much better player than Tyson Jackson will ever be.

But, if he abso-****ing-lutely had to stay with the 3-4, I'd want us to move away from this two-gap bend-but-don't-break bullshit, and get a guy that runs an attacking scheme, so that we can at least force mistakes and turnovers to mask the lack of talent.

I'd like to see us take a look at Reggie Herring. He has experience in a 3-4 and 4-3 defense. Also Mike Pettine of the Jets or our own Greg Manusky.

Meh...I'll take the guy with 5 championship rings....