ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc -- Is it childish to pick out the cashews in mixed nuts? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315383)

displacedinMN 05-16-2018 05:08 PM

No it is not. That is nuts.

srvy 05-16-2018 05:36 PM

If you bought a jar of mixed nuts that you pick out the cashews well thats just stupid. Buy a jar of cashews titewad.

If its a community bowl of mixed nuts and your picking out cashews thats kinda weird. Its like the double chip dipping from the Seinfeld episode. This seems like could lead to fist city.

But what the hell anymore as often as you see people coming out of the public shitter and bypass the hand wash station I am staying away from the community bowl.

TimeForWasp 05-16-2018 05:51 PM

Are you shoving them in your nose?

listopencil 05-16-2018 05:56 PM

You should carry a little bag of sunflower seed kernels (salted) on you and dump a bunch of them in there whenever this comes up.

mlyonsd 05-16-2018 06:18 PM

Interesting side note.

The reason you never see cashews sold still in the shell is because they are from the poison ivy and sumac family. The shells contain a toxic oil that can cause skin reactions.

So cashews are processed by removing the shell and roasting or frying in oil to remove any remaining oil residue.

And now you know.

Simply Red 05-16-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 13558912)
Interesting side note.

The reason you never see cashews sold still in the shell is because they are from the poison ivy and sumac family. The shells contain a toxic oil that can cause skin reactions.

So cashews are processed by removing the shell and roasting or frying in oil to remove any remaining oil residue.

And now you know.

there's never a bad time to learn something new! Thank you for this.

BucEyedPea 05-16-2018 06:41 PM

I'm indifferent.

Cashews aren't nuts though. Though people commonly think they are. They're drupes.

BucEyedPea 05-16-2018 06:43 PM

Oh and I do select out of a dish of nuts, which kind I prefer, depending on what kind of trend I am on. But always select out the M&Ms out of trail mix—or any other chocolate.

Fire Me Boy! 05-16-2018 07:05 PM

It’s for this reason when I make Chex mix I put in extra cashews.

Simply Red 05-16-2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13558939)
Oh and I do select out of a dish of nuts, which kind I prefer, depending on what kind of trend I am on. But always select out the M&Ms out of trail mix—or any other chocolate.

Thank you for your input.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13558957)
It’s for this reason when I make Chex mix I put in extra cashews.

Oh!

BucEyedPea 05-16-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13558992)
Thank you for your input.

My favorite are still pistachios!

Walnuts and almonds are really healthy for you. Only need a handful daily—otherwise uber calories.

Simply Red 05-16-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13558997)
My favorite are still pistachios!

Walnuts and almonds are really healthy for you. Only need a handful daily—otherwise uber calories.

yeah I agree. I'm a pistachio guy.

Fire Me Boy! 05-16-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13559001)
yeah I agree. I'm a pistachio guy.

I love pistachios. I was always a little creeped out by the dyed red or green ones though. Glad they stopped that nonsense.

Not a huge walnut fan. I believe anything that calls for walnuts is better if you use pecans instead.

Simply Red 05-16-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13559003)
I love pistachios. I was always a little creeped out by the dyed red or green ones though. Glad they stopped that nonsense.

Not a huge walnut fan. I believe anything that calls for walnuts is better if you use pecans instead.

I used walnuts in this nice little dessert dish called 'The Conch River Delight' I used to make - they worked really well with that - aside from that I'd do the same modification.

Thank you.

Chaunceythe3rd 05-16-2018 08:15 PM

Unless you thoroughly wash your hands between each pick each subsequent pick is like sticking your whole face in the remaining bowl of nuts.