ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. [re-hired] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316349)

Direckshun 07-20-2018 02:16 PM

James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. [re-hired]

Bunch of old tweets surfaced after some conservative activist outed some of his tweets from 2009-2012 making gross pedophilia jokes. Gunn hates President Trump's guts, so he was targeted by the group.

Somebody else here can post the tweets, as I'm on my phone, but mostly it reads like mindless stupidity, but yeah -- they were totally made in public on Twitter and Gunn works (worked) for Disney now, so.

I've got mixed feelings, but it's hard to argue that Gunn didn't deserve the ax, even though it's going to hurt the quality of one of the best movie properties out there.

Baby Lee 07-20-2018 02:23 PM

**** everyone. Everyone decided to live by the sword. Everyone can die by the sword.

Which is my increasingly irritated way of saying, James has done his fair share of social media shaming, shunning and destruction.

lawrenceRaider 07-20-2018 02:28 PM

Now I have to decide whether to boycott the GOTG3 movie. It won't be as good as it should be without Gunn at the helm.

BigBeauford 07-20-2018 02:33 PM

Sucks that he poo pooed their dear leader, and a bunch of alt right shit birds dug up tweets of jokes that were pretty lock step with the times almost a decade ago.

MarkDavis'Haircut 07-20-2018 02:36 PM

I don't understand how Gunn went from making the Scooby Doo movies (utter trash) to the GOTG movies. It is impressive.

MarkDavis'Haircut 07-20-2018 02:36 PM

Trump Curse.

Next time, kiss the ring. Or at least be professional.

lawrenceRaider 07-20-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 13637061)
Sucks that he poo pooed their dear leader, and a bunch of alt right shit birds dug up tweets of jokes that were pretty lock step with the times almost a decade ago.

Don't blame the Alt-Right. Blame the Left and their tireless crusade to destroy everything. This is just using the weapons they created against them.

MarkDavis'Haircut 07-20-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13637073)
Don't blame the Alt-Right. Blame the Left and their tireless crusade to destroy everything. This is just using the weapons they created against them.

Number #4 on the Rules for Radicals in play. The Left hates it when they are forced to obey their own rules.

BigBeauford 07-20-2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13637073)

Nah, the left actually holds their own accountable. The alt right recognizes this and has weaponized it.

Munson 07-20-2018 03:27 PM

https://i.redd.it/lmvcunn8n2b11.jpg

keg in kc 07-20-2018 03:52 PM

Fired for Twitter posts from ten years ago. Posts which had been deleted years ago. So they had to be dug up as part of a hit piece.

I hope my current bosses never look at anything I posted here in 2001.

It's funny how people who forgive all of Trump's bullshit think this is justified. Gotta have rules! But only for everybody else.

Baby Lee 07-20-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13637228)
Fired for Twitter posts from ten years ago. Posts which had been deleted years ago. So they had to be dug up as part of a hit piece.

I hope my current bosses never look at anything I posted here in 2001.

It's funny how people who forgive all of Trump's bullshit think this is justified. Gotta have rules! But only for everybody else.

I'm a forgiving guy, but I crack back like a mother****er when my forgiving nature is taken advantage of.

JUST THIS WEEK, Gunn was balls deep in doing the EXACT same thing because someone on the less-than-militant left tweeted that someone on the right was a nice guy.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/mark...tist-blowback/

MarkDavis'Haircut 07-20-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 13637134)
Nah, the left actually holds their own accountable. The alt right recognizes this and has weaponized it.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

You can't actually believe this.

Frazod 07-20-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 13637061)

Lock step with the times? Were you running with an African rape gang back then?

:shake:

New World Order 07-20-2018 04:19 PM

Right wing SJWs

You libs started this, now they're just playing along.

Fight fire with fire?