ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Punisher (Netflix series) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302629)

Aries Walker 11-23-2017 08:31 AM

I finished this series yesterday. I really liked the series, and Bernthal was born to play the role, but it's not a superhero show and definitely not for kids. I also imagine that there will be more than one PTSD-riddled veteran needing extra VA therapist appointments after that, so if you or any of your friends suffer from that, maybe go watch Stranger Things instead or something.

Spoiler!

That'll do. Now what's next, Luke Cage 2, I guess?

GloucesterChief 11-23-2017 08:53 AM

Would like to see this trio:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/vigilsqu1.jpg

or Barracuda

https://i.redd.it/mk5lultfapnz.jpg

in season 2.

unlurking 11-23-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 13234014)
I finished this series yesterday. I really liked the series, and Bernthal was born to play the role, but it's not a superhero show and definitely not for kids. I also imagine that there will be more than one PTSD-riddled veteran needing extra VA therapist appointments after that, so if you or any of your friends suffer from that, maybe go watch Stranger Things instead or something.

Spoiler!

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/com...ease-schedule/

JJ > LC > DD > IF (yuck)

BigRedChief 11-23-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 13234014)

Spoiler!

If I was Netflix, I'd start some new ones to get them going before the agreement expires with Disney. But, Marvel has to agree to something new, otherwise why wouldn't Netflix do a Ironman, Captain America etc. series? It wouldn't make business sense for them to let Netflix have the whole catalog to pick from.

GloucesterChief 11-23-2017 10:01 AM

They have already introduced Patsy Walker so they can do Hellcat. Surprised they didn't do Shang Chi in IF to get that license.

unlurking 11-23-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13234064)
If I was Netflix, I'd start some new ones to get them going before the agreement expires with Disney. But, Marvel has to agree to something new, otherwise why wouldn't Netflix do a Ironman, Captain America etc. series? It wouldn't make business sense for them to let Netflix have the whole catalog to pick from.

Read the links I posted.

All NEW shows move to the Disney streaming service. All EXISTING shows (and spinoffs from those shows) stay with their current distributor, whether it is Netflix, ABC, Freeform, whoever.

unlurking 11-23-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13234147)
They have already introduced Patsy Walker so they can do Hellcat. Surprised they didn't do Shang Chi in IF to get that license.

Pretty much the only reason for IF season 2 IMO. Introduce new characters so you can start spinoffs.

BigRedChief 11-23-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 13234160)
Read the links I posted.

All NEW shows move to the Disney streaming service. All EXISTING shows (and spinoffs from those shows) stay with their current distributor, whether it is Netflix, ABC, Freeform, whoever.

they introduce new characters into their exsisting shows and spin them off into a new show later.

vailpass 11-24-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13233769)
no way should kids be watching this show. It's not just violence, the gore etc. it's just full of bad people doing bad things to good people.

He's 19. Didn't turn it for him, turned it for me because it was a comic book being dark which to me is silly.

GloucesterChief 11-24-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13235161)
He's 19. Didn't turn it for him, turned it for me because it was a comic book being dark which to me is silly.

There are some really dark comic books. Maus for example which has mice, cats, and pigs for characters but is about the authors parents experiences during the holocaust, the suicide of his mother because of her experiences in Auschwitz, and the effect it had on his parents and his relationship with his parents.

WhiteWhale 11-24-2017 10:57 AM

Meh.

I think it's a bit odd that there's a completely pointless story about an insane terrorist veteran.

It contributes nothing to the plot. IF you eliminated the whole story, only put in the 1 episode it actually tied in with, nothing is lost and I"m less bored.

The whole story with lewis came off as low class bashing of veterans.

ACtually, ALL vets are portrayed badly. They're all broken, evil, or crazy. The one guy who SEEMS to have his shit together is later exposed as morally irredeemable. The one who seems like a good person all through out is, of course, physically maimed.

It distracted from the show, which wasn't as good as it should have been. Bernthal is awesome though. His performance creates the illusion the show was better than it actually was.

Bottom line: This was an 8 episode story stretched to 13 with too many irrelevant side plots.

BigRedChief 11-24-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13235179)
There are some really dark comic books. Maus for example which has mice, cats, and pigs for characters but is about the authors parents experiences during the holocaust, the suicide of his mother because of her experiences in Auschwitz, and the effect it had on his parents and his relationship with his parents.

geeezzz comic books have changed from when l was a kid.

BigRedChief 11-24-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13235237)
Meh.

I think it's a bit odd that there's a completely pointless story about an insane terrorist veteran.

It contributes nothing to the plot. IF you eliminated the whole story, only put in the 1 episode it actually tied in with, nothing is lost and I"m less bored.

The whole story with lewis came off as low class bashing of veterans.

ACtually, ALL vets are portrayed badly. They're all broken, evil, or crazy. The one guy who SEEMS to have his shit together is later exposed as morally irredeemable. The one who seems like a good person all through out is, of course, physically maimed.

war veterans are almost all screwed up from their experiences. Some are functioning, some are thriving. But, 22 veterans committ suicide every day. Most lost friends and will carry survivor guilt for the rest of their lives.

l think it's a good thing to not gloss over the personal costs of war for the vets when they return to civilized society after war. Most were just wanting to serve their country, they did with honor but now comes the ugly cost of war.

GloucesterChief 11-24-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13235480)
war veterans are almost all screwed up from their experiences. Some are functioning, some are thriving. But, 22 veterans committ suicide every day. Most lost friends and will carry survivor guilt for the rest of their lives.

l think it's a good thing to not gloss over the personal costs of war for the vets when they return to civilized society after war. Most were just wanting to serve their country, they did with honor but now comes the ugly cost of war.

Yes. One of the worst things you can do to someone is put them in modern combat. I have a dislike for war mongers for that very reason.

GloucesterChief 11-24-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13235470)
geeezzz comic books have changed from when l was a kid.

It is a very good read, though not something you would want to read again for fun.

sully1983 11-27-2017 10:08 PM

Kind of baffled at the hate / dislike this got on Rotten Tomatoes . Its only at 61% . For me, this was flat out badass & entertaining as hell. Jon Bernthal kicks so much ass as the Punisher & I thought it had a satisfying ending too. Would highly recommend binge watching it.

On a side note, I didn't particularly like The Defenders (aside from Daredevil). The actor that played the Iron Fist deserves a Razzie cause he sucked so much.

Tribal Warfare 11-27-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 13244978)
Kind of baffled at the hate / dislike this got on Rotten Tomatoes . Its only at 61% . For me, this was flat out badass & entertaining as hell. Jon Bernthal kicks so much ass as the Punisher & I thought it had a satisfying ending too. Would highly recommend binge watching it.

On a side note, I didn't particularly like The Defenders (aside from Daredevil). The actor that played the Iron Fist deserves a Razzie cause he sucked so much.

Jon Bernthal like Christopher Reeves casted as Superman was born to play Frank Castle

IMO, the gun control assholes are the antagonists projecting their political beliefs.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/jessica_jones/s01
Jessica Jones

Critic rating 92%

audience 89%

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/luke_cage

Luke Cage

Critics 95%

Audience 78 %

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/ma...e_punisher/s01

Punisher

Critics 61%

Audience 94%

Rausch 11-28-2017 08:06 AM

Quote:

Bernthal was perfectly cast. He manages to perfectly balance the torment of losing his family and the rage it causes.

Since everything has become political people react with knee-jerk speed and then take to the internet. I was even guilty of this for a minute. When the "terrorist" character was introduced I thought "there we go, a cartoon generality of the right." And one episode later they introduced a character that was just the same on the left. To me it didn't feel like South Park just pissing on everyone it was more of a "both you extremes only make things worth" type of statement they were making.

If people hate anything it's being told not only are they wrong but they're making things worse.

Quote:

I was hugely disappointed with Defenders.

If you watch it twice, after the initial glee over seeing them all together wears off, it really wasn't good.

It was very "meh" with moments that were really good...

Tribal Warfare 11-28-2017 08:44 AM

What would really badass if you have a Punisher kills the marvel universe scenario, with the Defenders as the scapegoat.Micro's family is slaughtered.

It would really be intense if he tortures Luke Cage, being practically invulnerable. Frank and Micro having detailed knowledge how Diamondbacks exploits to retrieve The Judas Bullet to kill Luke

BigRichard 12-01-2017 06:04 AM

I am getting close to the end of the series and I really love this one. This coming from a guy that was very meh on Dare Devil (until Frank showed up). Hated Luke Cage and Iron Fist and back to a meh on Jessica Jones.

Doesn't feel like a "Super hero movie" and that is a good thing. A lot of cheesy acting and scenes in the other shows but not so much in this one.

dmahurin 12-01-2017 08:21 AM

So seeing as the the punisher and the daredevil exist in the same universe, and daredevil and the teenage mutant ninja turtles were mutated from the same slime at the same time, what are the odds that Frank and Micro's hideout is an old TMNT hideout. All the old computers, hidden lair, etc. Even the van they drive around in looks like it is a modern turtle van. I'm calling a TMNT cameo in either daredevil or the punisher in the next few seasons.

BigRichard 12-01-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 13251189)
So seeing as the the punisher and the daredevil exist in the same universe, and daredevil and the teenage mutant ninja turtles were mutated from the same slime at the same time, what are the odds that Frank and Micro's hideout is an old TMNT hideout. All the old computers, hidden lair, etc. Even the van they drive around in looks like it is a modern turtle van. I'm calling a TMNT cameo in either daredevil or the punisher in the next few seasons.

It would be interesting but I highly doubt it.

Tribal Warfare 12-01-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

So seeing as the the punisher and the daredevil exist in the same universe, and daredevil and the teenage mutant ninja turtles were mutated from the same slime at the same time,

Isn't that a fan fiction theory that has never been confirmed by Marvel?

dmahurin 12-01-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13251647)

http://s3.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/a.../71621.jpg?v=1

http://s3.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/a.../71620.jpg?v=1

the story of both. The TMNT one is from the first issue.

Jamie 12-01-2017 01:07 PM

I liked it okay in and of itself, but I'm a little disappointed I'll probably never see my preferred take on the Punisher. Basically I think Punisher works the best when he's not really the main character, or at least not the character that the emotional thread of the story runs through. To me what was human in Punisher died with his family, and what's left is like the monster in a horror movie, except he kills people that deserve it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13251647)

It's not canon or anything, but that was the intent in the TMNT story (as posted above). It's more of an easter egg, or a wink-and-nod to the fact that TMNT was a pseudo-parody of what was popular in comics at that time: ninjas (Daredevil) and teenage mutants (X-Men/New Mutants).

Rausch 12-01-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13251135)

Doesn't feel like a "Super hero movie" and that is a good thing. A lot of cheesy acting and scenes in the other shows but not so much in this one.

This is why I love the idea of Netflix doing Marvel characters. If you knew nothing about the Punisher or Marvel you could watch and like this series. In fact I don't think it referenced anything super hero in it.

People forget that Constantine, 300, 30 days of Night, and A History Of Violence were all comic books. At this point comix are just a medium like radio or TV...

Buehler445 12-03-2017 12:18 PM

I finished this Thursday. It was amazing. I watched the Emergency Awesome review on it in which he said, "You'll either love this because you love the Punisher or you'll hate it because it makes you feel like crap." Shit is HEAVY.

He's half right. I don't necessarily love the Punisher, but I'm not afraid of violent, dark television. There just isn't much in it that's happy. Like, at all. It handled a tremendous amount of violence, especially in an environment of fear caused by mass shootings, very well. I don't know how the critics are handling it, but I thought it's approach to PTSD and the helplessness felt by combat vets very smartly. It also felt very real. Daredevil is pretty gritty, but you're still watching a blind guy fight criminals. Punisher is a military guy fighting other military guys, and it FEELS real.

Bernthal is great. Dude is very nuanced. There is essentially 3 different versions of Castle that Bernthal executes brilliantly: 1. Soldier mode Castle - laser focused and lethal, 2. undercover Castle - very charming and disarming, 3. normal Castle - broken, can't make eye contact, stutters some. It is really a brilliant performance. I still say the Daredevil S2 cemetary scene is one of the best (essentially) monologues in Television. But every time he talks about his family it is just incredible. He also makes it feel very real with little nuanced mannerisms. Like when he's in the diner and the waitress tells him not to take too long and he mumbles "yeah, right." under his breath. That is really hard to pull off without sounding like a douchenozzle. His performance is full of nuanced little mannerisms like that. I can't say enough about Bernthal's performance. He's so ****ing good.

Initially I didn't really like Madani, Stein, or even Micro. But a few episodes in, I was hooked. I'm not sure if their performances got better or if I just warmed up to them and their roles in the story had real impact for me.

The only thing I could nitpick at all was they overdid the whole "women make emotional decisions." bit. You don't get to where Madani is by being an emotional wreck that can't get shit done because she's too busy being emtional and doing stupid shit. Same for Karen. Also Karen's story didn't really have any resolution, but looking back, most of Rosario Dawson's story lines are just kind of there too. More of a tool than a character arc. But those nitpicks are super minute. The show was really really good.

I can't say enough about how much I love this show. As heavy as it is.

I can't have everything I watch be that heavy, but this is so good.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-03-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13235179)

That's a graphic novel.

GloucesterChief 12-03-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13257460)
That's a graphic novel.

It was collected into one but initially it was serialized.

Jamie 12-03-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13258863)
It was collected into one but initially it was serialized.

I mean, kind of. But trying to distinguish between comics and graphic novels is pointless anyway.

lawrenceRaider 12-11-2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13256262)
I finished this Thursday. It was amazing. I watched the Emergency Awesome review on it in which he said, "You'll either love this because you love the Punisher or you'll hate it because it makes you feel like crap." Shit is HEAVY.

He's half right. I don't necessarily love the Punisher, but I'm not afraid of violent, dark television. There just isn't much in it that's happy. Like, at all. It handled a tremendous amount of violence, especially in an environment of fear caused by mass shootings, very well. I don't know how the critics are handling it, but I thought it's approach to PTSD and the helplessness felt by combat vets very smartly. It also felt very real. Daredevil is pretty gritty, but you're still watching a blind guy fight criminals. Punisher is a military guy fighting other military guys, and it FEELS real.

Bernthal is great. Dude is very nuanced. There is essentially 3 different versions of Castle that Bernthal executes brilliantly: 1. Soldier mode Castle - laser focused and lethal, 2. undercover Castle - very charming and disarming, 3. normal Castle - broken, can't make eye contact, stutters some. It is really a brilliant performance. I still say the Daredevil S2 cemetary scene is one of the best (essentially) monologues in Television. But every time he talks about his family it is just incredible. He also makes it feel very real with little nuanced mannerisms. Like when he's in the diner and the waitress tells him not to take too long and he mumbles "yeah, right." under his breath. That is really hard to pull off without sounding like a douchenozzle. His performance is full of nuanced little mannerisms like that. I can't say enough about Bernthal's performance. He's so ****ing good.

Initially I didn't really like Madani, Stein, or even Micro. But a few episodes in, I was hooked. I'm not sure if their performances got better or if I just warmed up to them and their roles in the story had real impact for me.

The only thing I could nitpick at all was they overdid the whole "women make emotional decisions." bit. You don't get to where Madani is by being an emotional wreck that can't get shit done because she's too busy being emtional and doing stupid shit. Same for Karen. Also Karen's story didn't really have any resolution, but looking back, most of Rosario Dawson's story lines are just kind of there too. More of a tool than a character arc. But those nitpicks are super minute. The show was really really good.

I can't say enough about how much I love this show. As heavy as it is.

I can't have everything I watch be that heavy, but this is so good.

Did they already sign up for a Punisher season 2? Perfectly set up one with the ending of the show.

Really some of the very best TV I've ever watched.

Buehler445 12-11-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13276144)
Did they already sign up for a Punisher season 2? Perfectly set up one with the ending of the show.

Really some of the very best TV I've ever watched.

I haven't heard what the plan is. To my knowledge nothing has been set in stone.

Tribal Warfare 12-12-2017 06:36 PM

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...-season-she-ra

unlurking 12-12-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13279446)

:clap:

That didn't take long.

Rausch 12-14-2017 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13256262)
I don't know how the critics are handling it, but I thought it's approach to PTSD and the helplessness felt by combat vets very smartly. It also felt very real. Daredevil is pretty gritty, but you're still watching a blind guy fight criminals. Punisher is a military guy fighting other military guys, and it FEELS real.

Oh, I'm sure plenty of vets will relate to it.

Sure-Oz 01-05-2018 01:23 PM

Just finished this.... enjoyed it alot. Bernthal def is the Punisher...curious how they'll go in s2

Tribal Warfare 01-05-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13332689)
Just finished this.... enjoyed it alot. Bernthal def is the Punisher...curious how they'll go in s2

I hope they do Punisher kills the Marvel Universe variant.

Clyde Frog 01-08-2018 12:21 PM

Made it about halfway through the season and found myself fast forwarding through any time the lady cop was not at work. They need to just can the whole angle of her personal life. Complete waste of time. Uninteresting, cardboard characters. Don't give a shit about her or her family.

Buehler445 01-08-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 13345764)
Made it about halfway through the season and found myself fast forwarding through any time the lady cop was not at work. They need to just can the whole angle of her personal life. Complete waste of time. Uninteresting, cardboard characters. Don't give a shit about her or her family.

Initially I HATED her character. Until (spoilered because I don't know how far along you are)

Spoiler!

Then I was happy I watched all of it.

Clyde Frog 01-08-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13345770)
Initially I HATED her character. Until (spoilered because I don't know how far along you are)

Spoiler!

Yeah, I got to that part. I guess Im a little further along than half way.

Rausch 01-11-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13332783)
I hope they do Punisher kills the Marvel Universe variant.

Never happen.

Perhaps animated...

Rausch 01-11-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13345770)

Spoiler!

Now, in this show, who is the protagonist?

At first you want to say Punisher - but it isn't.

The Persian woman is. She's the person looking for solutions and trying to end it all. She's the one trying to do the right thing.

This is what I mean by subtlety. Only after the whole show is over do you get that she's the protagonist. It isn't beaten into your head. Frank is what he is.

You have to dig to see exactly how the characters map out.

And what I love the best about this show is that it is based on a comic but you could watch this and never know that. There is nothing "super hero" about this...

lawrenceRaider 01-11-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13353659)
Now, in this show, who is the protagonist?

At first you want to say Punisher - but it isn't.

The Persian woman is. She's the person looking for solutions and trying to end it all. She's the one trying to do the right thing.

This is what I mean by subtlety. Only after the whole show is over do you get that she's the protagonist. It isn't beaten into your head. Frank is what he is.

You have to dig to see exactly how the characters map out.

And what I love the best about this show is that it is based on a comic but you could watch this and never know that. There is nothing "super hero" about this...

Honestly, I would have loved her character solely due to how damn hot she is, but I enjoyed her story arc.

Rausch 01-11-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13353719)
Honestly, I would have loved her character solely due to how damn hot she is, but I enjoyed her story arc.

She is smoke'n hot.

Truff.

But they make the ENTIRE story about her without using PC/SJW nonsense to tell it.

She isn't a Mary Sue - she loses her partner.

She isn't perfect. She's flawed - like every ****ing person is.

In ep 1 I thought "Oh God, here it comes" but it didn't go that way.

In fact I'd argue that scene where Frank is helping his buddy, all wired up to blow, is the best ****ing analogy for the VA I've ever seen.

Yeah, look back on that scene now with that perspective...

Buehler445 01-11-2018 12:37 PM

Rausch spitting truth.

Rausch 01-11-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13353997)
Rausch spitting truth.

Nope.

Just good writing and directing with some very solid performances.

In other words - what normally makes a good film/series...

temper11 01-12-2018 01:04 PM

Just finished the series... Great series. Would watch again.

lawrenceRaider 01-12-2018 01:46 PM

I might have to watch the series again. I guess it'll depend on what else is available to watch.

Fish 01-10-2019 04:36 PM

**** yeah....

Season 2:

<iframe width="1148" height="646" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jrLhP5sK2wI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raiderhater 01-10-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14023339)
**** yeah....

Season 2:

<iframe width="1148" height="646" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jrLhP5sK2wI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was trying to post this earlier, but for some reason it would only embed as a small frame.

Anyway, it looks great and I'm stoked for it.

Buehler445 01-10-2019 05:37 PM

:rockon:

I love the shit.

BigRichard 01-10-2019 09:49 PM

This was really the only Marvel one that Netflix has put out that I was really into. Can't wait and I love the music they mix in with the trailers, including the first season.

Tribal Warfare 01-10-2019 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 14023801)
This was really the only Marvel one that Netflix has put out that I was really into. Can't wait and I love the music they mix in with the trailers, including the first season.

the second to last Marvel property that'll most likely be cancelled by Netflix so Disney can obtain the rights

Raiderhater 01-19-2019 02:04 AM

“Let me be who I’m meant to be.”

I just finished a marathon of all 13 episodes. This was the season I had hoped for the first go around. The finale especially is bad ass. And now I’m dragging my tired butt off to bed.

TambaBerry 01-19-2019 09:33 AM

jesus christ i just watched the first episode. This is a bad ass show

penguinz 01-19-2019 09:25 PM

Not sure how this shows doesn’t have more discussion. Such a great show. Bernthal was born for this role.

Buehler445 01-20-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 14053163)
Not sure how this shows doesn’t have more discussion. Such a great show. Bernthal was born for this role.

Yeah, the Accountant was on TV last night and I was like, Hey look, The punisher is in this.

I'm in KC today, but I can't imagine I'm going to sleep much when I get back home.

keg in kc 01-20-2019 04:22 PM

I liked it a lot but I also fast-forwarded through at least an hour of conversations over the course of the season and felt like I missed absolutely nothing. I think they would've been fine with about ten eps.

Valiant 01-20-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Different universes.

Turtles only play homage to Daredevil.

sully1983 01-21-2019 03:35 PM

Jon Bernthal is an absolute BOSS as Frank Castle aka the Punisher but this new season kind of sucks imo . It started off with a bang at that country music bar but I am literally 6 or 7 episodes in and it is flat out boring me right now. I'll eventually finish it of course as I have Netflix but the college chick they paired Punisher with sucks . She is annoying as hell. Ditto on Madani's endless obsession and of course the brooding Billy Russo .

What I am trying to get at is all these side character are taking away screen time from Frank!

oh and I still don't get the big time evil religious dude in this lol

Buehler445 01-23-2019 01:37 PM

Finished this.

It was fairly listless in a few places and some of the notes missed. Character performances, and most of the writing were really good. What really sets this apart is:

1. Bernthal is a bad ass mother****er and a truly outstanding casting. Maybe one of the best ever outside of RDJ as Stark. Holy ****. He's truly amazing.

2. The fight scenes are really bad ass. Like ****ing brutally ****ing awesome. Better than Daredevil and I'm a giant ass Daredevil fan. They are better than almost all the movies I've seen. There might be a little better choreography here and there in a movie or two, but I'd have to think pretty hard on if I can come up with fight scenes better than a number of them in this show.

Randallflagg 01-23-2019 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14067356)
Finished this.

It was fairly listless in a few places and some of the notes missed. Character performances, and most of the writing were really good. What really sets this apart is:

1. Bernthal is a bad ass mother****er and a truly outstanding casting. Maybe one of the best ever outside of RDJ as Stark. Holy ****. He's truly amazing.

2. The fight scenes are really bad ass. Like ****ing brutally ****ing awesome. Better than Daredevil and I'm a giant ass Daredevil fan. They are better than almost all the movies I've seen. There might be a little better choreography here and there in a movie or two, but I'd have to think pretty hard on if I can come up with fight scenes better than a number of them in this show.

As long as we keep it in mind that NO HUMAN could withstand all that punishment......I, personally, think they go about a mile and a half too far... (but that's me) :)

Buehler445 01-23-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 14068225)
[/B]

As long as we keep it in mind that NO HUMAN could withstand all that punishment......I, personally, think they go about a mile and a half too far... (but that's me) :)

Agreed. Especially recovering from injury. But those fight scenes are ****ing awesome.

FlintHillsChiefs 01-23-2019 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14068247)
Agreed. Especially recovering from injury. But those fight scenes are ****ing awesome.

I just finished episode 10 and I agree. Even so, the culmination of that episode was just... I couldn't look away and it was absolutely soul crushing. Two people who shall remain nameless - to prevent spoilers - are absolutely the pure embodiment of evil.

Tribal Warfare 01-24-2019 03:25 AM

Jon Bernthal was ****ing savage dude, absolutely excellent casting.

vailpass 01-24-2019 02:05 PM

Everytime I see that guy all I can think is "that's Shane. **** him".

Raiderhater 01-24-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14069707)

I moved on from that about his second episode in season 2 of Daredevil. Bernthal was born to play this role. It's a shame it is probably getting canceled just as the series hits its stride.

Buehler445 01-24-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14069707)

Yeah, **** Shane. Shane was a wanna be bitch Punisher.

Buehler445 01-24-2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 14069813)
I moved on from that about his second episode in season 2 of Daredevil. Bernthal was born to play this role. It's a shame it is probably getting canceled just as the series hits its stride.

Nah, it was that first fight scene. Shane never moved like that. And the bang made me laugh.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KLjHNJ0tyiY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: And that ****ing scream Bernthal does is 0% Shane

Tribal Warfare 01-25-2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14070879)

In this iteration Frank Castle was John McClain, Dirty Harry, and Martin Riggs rolled into one.

vailpass 01-25-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 14069813)

Good on ya'. I don't have that kind of patience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14070879)

This is more where I'm at.

Buehler445 01-25-2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14072086)
Good on ya'. I don't have that kind of patience.

This is more where I'm at.

So did you watch it? If you haven't you should. Both DD and Punisher.

vailpass 01-25-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14072200)
So did you watch it? If you haven't you should. Both DD and Punisher.

I don’t get around to watching as many shows as some. I watched the first 15 minutes of Punisher when it came out, couldn’t get past Shane, then moved on. Seems popular, might try it again at some point. DD I know nothing about.

Buehler445 01-25-2019 03:28 PM

I’d give them a look. There is a lot of fighting and the action sequences are excellent. Overall the shows are good too. Worth a watch IMO.

vailpass 01-25-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14072704)
I’d give them a look. There is a lot of fighting and the action sequences are excellent. Overall the shows are good too. Worth a watch IMO.

Appreciate the recommend, putting them on my watch list.

ChiefBlueCFC 01-25-2019 04:17 PM

Finished season 2 yesterday. Definitely enjoy the punisher series. Not a huge fan of DD tho probably won't watch season 3 but at the same time I might because I watched the first 2 seasons

srvy 01-25-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14072609)
I don’t get around to watching as many shows as some. I watched the first 15 minutes of Punisher when it came out, couldn’t get past Shane, then moved on. Seems popular, might try it again at some point. DD I know nothing about.

Yeah I was never a comic book reader the closest thing to comics I got to was Mad Magazine. But my younger coworkers talked about Daredevil and Punisher till I checked it out and was hooked on both. Give them a try might surprise you it did me. Unbelievable but entertaining.

typed with my trusty nose picker using Tapatalk

Tribal Warfare 01-26-2019 12:01 AM

The fans are petitioning for the cast of DD to kept if the decide to keep the property an internet streaming TV series with Vincent D'onofrio's endorsement which inherently would keep the Berenthal's Punisher intact also

Valiant 01-26-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14073778)
The fans are petitioning for the cast of DD to kept if the decide to keep the property an internet streaming TV series with Vincent D'onofrio's endorsement which inherently would keep the Berenthal's Punisher intact also

The daredevil group will probably be fine. Punisher would have to be rebooted if it went over as Disney/Marvel streaming is pg13, they already said there will be no r rated shows/series on there.

Buehler445 01-26-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 14074498)
The daredevil group will probably be fine. Punisher would have to be rebooted if it went over as Disney/Marvel streaming is pg13, they already said there will be no r rated shows/series on there.

This makes me SAD.

Best thing about Punisher is the mad passionate asskickings.