ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football So... some of my fellow Bucs fans think you hate your team (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278017)

Al Bundy 10-28-2013 08:46 AM

So... some of my fellow Bucs fans think you hate your team

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/i...1310658.0.html

Take a look at this thread, enjoy.

MrGiggity 10-28-2013 08:47 AM

I may have to agree to an extent. The majority are happy and it shows, but we have a few called "fans" on here and all they do is bitch

Tribal Warfare 10-28-2013 08:54 AM

Defense is offense, and Alex is just trending water like Bono and the '95 and '96 Chiefs offense.

Old Dog 10-28-2013 08:58 AM

Thankfully, I don't give a **** what they think.

Strongside 10-28-2013 09:00 AM

That thread is full of truth. The negativity here is just outrageous. Damn near every thread on the home page is some sort of indictment on the team and why we can't do this or that. It is actually really disheartening. I love coming here and participating in discussions and having fun with like-minded individuals...but the negativity is beginning to outweigh the positive in coming here...which sucks.

I think it's ok to be critical of the teams flaws to an extent, but when we're acting like our team is the Jaguars or Bucs...and talking about cutting players who are contributing...and firing members of a coaching staff that has us at 8-0...that's just ridiculous and in no way makes us look like an intelligent fan base to outsiders.

I hate coming home from the stadium and thinking to myself "I'd love to hop onto the Planet and celebrate with my bros...but I don't want to deal with all of the whining that comes after a win." That is shitty, peeps.

I know no one cares, but if it continues to worsen...I'm taking some time off. Cue up the 'well, bye.' gif.

the Talking Can 10-28-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10133656)
That thread is full of truth. The negativity here is just outrageous. Damn near every thread on the home page is some sort of indictment on the team and why we can't do this or that. It is actually really disheartening. I love coming here and participating in discussions and having fun with like-minded individuals...but the negativity is beginning to outweigh the positive in coming here...which sucks.

I think it's ok to be critical of the teams flaws to an extent, but when we're acting like our team is the Jaguars or Bucs...and talking about cutting players who are contributing...and firing members of a coaching staff that has us at 8-0...that's just ridiculous and in no way makes us look like an intelligent fan base to outsiders.

I hate coming home from the stadium and thinking to myself "I'd love to hop onto the Planet and celebrate with my bros...but I don't want to deal with all of the whining that comes after a win." That is shitty, peeps.

I know no one cares, but if it continues to worsen...I'm taking some time off. Cue up the 'well, bye.' gif.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvpl9gSkZ71qkxjew.jpg

duncan_idaho 10-28-2013 09:07 AM

I don't hate the team. The only thing I hate about the Chiefs is that yet another championship-caliber defense is going to be wasted because the Chiefs FO is cowardly when it comes to QBs, and this fanbase is far too accepting of mediocre QB imports.

Sandy Vagina 10-28-2013 09:07 AM

Entertainment at the very least! :popcorn:

Imon Yourside 10-28-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10133668)
I don't hate the team. The only thing I hate about the Chiefs is that yet another championship-caliber defense is going to be wasted because the Chiefs FO is cowardly when it comes to QBs, and this fanbase is far too accepting of mediocre QB imports.

I'm only accepting because it's midseason and like it or not we are stuck with Smiff. You want to storm the gates of One Arrowhead drive at 8-0?

Cephalic Trauma 10-28-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

I agree with this statement outside of CP. But most here know exactly what Smith is, and they won't sugarcoat it. The rest of your post is spot on, though.

CallMeSquidwad 10-28-2013 09:13 AM

To be honest I agree with him fully. This year I finally decided to start a CP account after reading for years but this is nothing new, there has always been a percentage of our fans who always see the glass half empty. In the stadium we have some of the best fans, but on this board our "fans" if you can call them that are a laughing ****ing joke.

duncan_idaho 10-28-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10133672)
I'm only accepting because it's midseason and like it or not we are stuck with Smiff. You want to storm the gates of One Arrowhead drive at 8-0?

Nope.

I will continue to enjoy watching the Chiefs' defense kick ass while hoping that Alex Smith is identified by the FO as the mediocre stop-gap he is. (And thus they spend the offseason focusing on his replacement more than on getting him "help."

The Franchise 10-28-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeSquidward (Post 10133681)
To be honest I agree with him fully. This year I finally decided to start a CP account after reading for years but this is nothing new, there has always been a percentage of our fans who always see the glass half empty. In the stadium we have some of the best fans, but on this board our "fans" if you can call them that are a laughing ****ing joke.

Go back to lurking.....you aren't good at posting.

Halfcan 10-28-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10133656)

Yep I agree.

duncan_idaho 10-28-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeSquidward (Post 10133681)

Here's a website I think you'll like.

LINK

HonestChieffan 10-28-2013 09:19 AM

Still a ton of butt hurt over not taking that kid who powers the Jets. Cp is bad attitude central most of the time. Its part of the charm here

The Franchise 10-28-2013 09:20 AM

Exactly what threads on the front page are the problem?

Alex Smith Sucks? That thread was created before the season started. It is now the go to thread for anything anti-Alex Smith.

Should Fisher be benched? It's a legitimate ****ing question. Fisher is the weak spot on this offensive line right now.

Should we cut Bowe? It's a reeruned thread started by a reeruned poster. It's not to be taken seriously.

Discuss Thrower 10-28-2013 09:24 AM

That Conrad77 guy can sit on something sharp and ROTATE. We're like Pats fans bitching about not making the SB? What a joke.

The Franchise 10-28-2013 09:25 AM

There are ALWAYS fans like us with every team. I'm sure there are a group of Broncos fans who are questioning their defense and if Manning can hold up the entire season. I'm sure there are Saints fans who are questioning their team......etc.

InChiefsHeaven 10-28-2013 09:27 AM

Shit, I'm happy as a clam with the wins. And the Defense. And the fact that we have an offense that has moments of brilliants sprinkled in to what is a very pedestrian offense. It ain't sexy, and it's a little nerve wracking, but we are winning. The coaching has made a huge difference. The scheme on offense is not sexy but it's been keeping us in games and not losing games for us. Yesterday was the first time I did feel that we might lose because the offense would not be able to score in the 2nd half, but the defense did come through and got it done.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Yesterday was one of those times. Go Chiefs! 8-0 bitches!

Imon Yourside 10-28-2013 09:27 AM

You either have to be a true fan or a true hater..choose your side wisely!

doomy3 10-28-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

I wanted us to draft Geno. Very well could have been wrong on that one. I'm really kind of finding it hard to believe that people are upset that we signed Smith and are 8-0, given the alternatives. It isn't like we passed on Andrew Luck or something. Maybe the Chiefs were right this time. Sure, I would very much like to have a young franchise QB, but it is far from certain that Reid and Dorsey had that opportunity at all this year, and so far the results of what they did do are pretty damn good.

Imon Yourside 10-28-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 10133725)
I wanted us to draft Geno. Very well could have been wrong on that one. I'm really kind of finding it hard to believe that people are upset that we signed Smith and are 8-0, given the alternatives. It isn't like we passed on Andrew Luck or something. Maybe the Chiefs were right this time. Sure, I would very much like to have a young franchise QB, but it is far from certain that Reid and Dorsey had that opportunity at all this year, and so far the results of what they did do are pretty damn good.

It's also possible we got the best QB in the draft for free in Bray...time will tell.

duncan_idaho 10-28-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 10133718)
Shit, I'm happy as a clam with the wins. And the Defense. And the fact that we have an offense that has moments of brilliants sprinkled in to what is a very pedestrian offense. It ain't sexy, and it's a little nerve wracking, but we are winning. The coaching has made a huge difference. The scheme on offense is not sexy but it's been keeping us in games and not losing games for us. Yesterday was the first time I did feel that we might lose because the offense would not be able to score in the 2nd half, but the defense did come through and got it done.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Yesterday was one of those times. Go Chiefs! 8-0 bitches!

I'm with you on 2/3. And probably was with you on point No. 3 through the first quarter of the season, honestly. I was at least encouraged and felt like the offense COULD improve as the season wore on. Obviously, it has trended down of late.

When the schedule starts toughening up, I think we'll see games like yesterday's go a different way.

The Franchise 10-28-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

The only part of Alex Smith that I was never a fan of was what we gave up to get him. If we had signed him.....I would have been fine with it. One 2nd round pick? Sure....I'm ok.

I can understand where Dorsey and Reid were coming from though. It just doesn't mean that I have to like it.

duncan_idaho 10-28-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

It's not just about this year's draft... it's about the continued decision making and approach.

Not taking a QB this year affects the team not just in 2013 but in 2015 and 2016, too. Just like not taking a QB in 2004 affected 2008, 2010 affects this year, etc.

If we had signed Smith as a FA? No problem. If they had traded less intense compensation for him? No problem.

I would much rather be sitting at 6-2 with Jason Campbell or Matt Flynn or Matt Moore or someone of that ilk, with the 2nd round pick either being groomed (if they like Geno Smith's potential) or being a useful piece that helps this year (WR/CB/ILB/ETC).

Doesn't really affect the team's upside at all this season, and has higher potential payoff down the road.

mcaj22 10-28-2013 09:40 AM

lol if you think we would be 6-2 with ****ing Jason Campbell or Matt Flynn or Matt ****ing Moore holy hell those guys are terrible. We'd be lucky to win a game (The Jags, maybe)

Molitoth 10-28-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Geno Smith has been tossed in the fire. He is not ready, and as a rook he is taking his lumps just as Eric Fisher is.

Geno Smith has a HUGE upside in his skills, but his problem is decision making, which is something sitting on the bench for a year behind Alex Smith and Andy Reid (in theory) would help tremendously.

If we would have drafted Geno Smith, we would have someone with awesome talent and work ethic, and possibly good enough coaches to get him to stop throwing stupid interceptions. You never know what Geno Smith could've been in KC, because they chose Fisher instead.

Think of how one small decision you have made has totally changed your life... That same thing applies in football. You can play the "what if" game all day.

What if Ryan Leaf didn't play Kansas City that day? Would his entire career have melted down afterwards? What is Peyton Manning went to the Chargers? Would he still have been an Elite QB? Nobody will ever know.

Carlota69 10-28-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10133753)
It's not just about this year's draft... it's about the continued decision making and approach.

Not taking a QB this year affects the team not just in 2013 but in 2015 and 2016, too. Just like not taking a QB in 2004 affected 2008, 2010 affects this year, etc.

If we had signed Smith as a FA? No problem. If they had traded less intense compensation for him? No problem.

I would much rather be sitting at 6-2 with Jason Campbell or Matt Flynn or Matt Moore or someone of that ilk, with the 2nd round pick either being groomed (if they like Geno Smith's potential) or being a useful piece that helps this year (WR/CB/ILB/ETC).

Doesn't really affect the team's upside at all this season, and has higher potential payoff down the road.

ROFLROFLROFL youre kidding right??/ Cuz thats the funniest thing Ive heard in quite some time...ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Bearcat 10-28-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

This is no different than Pats fans complaining about falling short of another SB...
lol wut

The Bad Guy 10-28-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10133757)
lol if you think we would be 6-2 with ****ing Jason Campbell or Matt Flynn or Matt ****ing Moore holy hell those guys are terrible. We'd be lucky to win a game (The Jags, maybe)

Sure are.

duncan_idaho 10-28-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10133757)

Jason Campbell has posted QB ratings that exceed that of Alex Smith, currently, 4 times in his career. Including one season in which he was with a new team in a new offense.

Moore has never played a full season, but in the only year in which he had double digit starts, guess what? Higher QB rating than the one Alex Smith currently possesses.

Matt Flynn has never played any extended period of time, but the Chiefs would be asking him to do what he did in college (not mess up, manage the game). I feel comfortable he post a QB rating in the lows 80s, like what Alex Smith is doing.

When you look at what the Chiefs are asking the QB to do, there are a lot of guys who could pull that off. It's very limited.

The Bad Guy 10-28-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10133780)
Jason Campbell has posted QB ratings that exceed that of Alex Smith, currently, 4 times in his career. Including one season in which he was with a new team in a new offense.

Moore has never played a full season, but in the only year in which he had double digit starts, guess what? Higher QB rating than the one Alex Smith currently possesses.

Matt Flynn has never played any extended period of time, but the Chiefs would be asking him to do what he did in college (not mess up, manage the game). I feel comfortable he post a QB rating in the lows 80s, like what Alex Smith is doing.

When you look at what the Chiefs are asking the QB to do, there are a lot of guys who could pull that off. It's very limited.

If managing a game was as easy as you say, those guys would have won a lot more.

doomy3 10-28-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10133753)

Well, Dorsey/Reid obviously didn't want to treat this as a rebuilding year, saw a defense that was championship caliber, and were willing to pay what it took to get a QB who makes good decisions and can lead a team. To this point, that looks to be a good decision.

I cannot believe anyone would think that any of those QBs you listed would have us sitting anywhere near 6-2. The defense is obviously the main reason we are 8-0, but Smith's decision making, getting the ball in Charles's hands and ability to move in the pocket and make plays with his legs are all reasons for this start.

mcaj22 10-28-2013 09:50 AM

I don't think you realize how shitty most of the QBs in the NFL actually are.

Good players at the QB position are very, very rare. You can argue only like 1/3 of the league has it.

Down4Chiefs 10-28-2013 09:53 AM

Alex Smith definitly was the best option I think and we probaly wouldn't be where we are without him,he has to get some credit. Dude had bad seasons in SF as well,I do think he needs to be in the right system with the right pieces to be as effective. But I have no problem giving him another year and betttwer weapons. My concern is andy reids style of not caring to establish the run will keep him from ever becoming effective with the Chiefs. The coaching staff has gotten credit in using players in the right way where other coaches didn't. But has Andy Reid really played up to his players/offense strengths?Sutton has but not so sure about Reid

What you see is not hate though,its nervousness. Whenever Chiefs fans see the team doing well we feel like this is our one and only shot lol. And we've seen previous teams that were great fail because one side of the football had glaring weaknesses. So really its just Chiefs fans knowing our history lol.

Some folks are too negative but I assume they are trolling. But chiefs fans are just scared to show commitment and love after being hurt so much lol. But everybody is happy!

duncan_idaho 10-28-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10133782)
If managing a game was as easy as you say, those guys would have won a lot more.

When has any of them been paired with a defensive unit as good as the one currently in KC?

mcaj22 10-28-2013 09:55 AM

those numbers from those QBs are FOOLS GOLD

didn't you learn anything from Matt Cassel in NE. Inflated frauds. That's why they are backups.

Tribal Warfare 10-28-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10133788)

Good players at the QB position are very, very rare. You can argue only like 1/3 of the league has it.

and that third are regularly in the playoff hunt that have championship opportunities because of those QBs.

mcaj22 10-28-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10133802)
and that third are regularly in the playoff hunt that have championship opportunities because of those QBs.

I agree with that, but did you think Joe Flacco was going to blow by them all and win a championship?

Anything is possible.

Tribal Warfare 10-28-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10133807)
I agree with that, but did you think Joe Flacco was going to blow by them all and win a championship?

Anything is possible.

Yes, the kid is good

tk13 10-28-2013 10:00 AM

I think fans are wary because we've seen this "one side of the ball" domination before.

I do think Andy Reid is not Marty though. This is the first time we've had a great D with an offensive minded coach.

SPATCH 10-28-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

I could name 20 guys right now that I would rather have than Alex Smith.

Alex Smith had a lot of critics here when we made the trade and he hasn't done much to win his critics over yet.

He still can't throw the deep ball with any effectiveness whatsoever and that is severely limiting our offense. I don't think anyone is out of line to continue to air the same grievances that they were airing before the season.

tk13 10-28-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10133809)
Yes, the kid is good

Yeah, but he'd had some ugly playoff performances... and was a different QB in the playoffs last year. They limped into the playoffs. Look it up, in December they had a terrible record, at one point Flacco lost a game to Charlie Batch. Could you imagine the meltdown here?

duncan_idaho 10-28-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

I don't think you realize how ordinary Alex Smith has been.

He's better than Matt Cassel/Brady Quinn, but that doesn't make him good.

SPATCH 10-28-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10133807)

Anything is possible.

Flacco can spin a deep ball.

mcaj22 10-28-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10133831)

Alex Smith had a lot of critics here when we made the trade and he hasn't done much to win his critics over yet.

He still can't throw the deep ball with any effectiveness whatsoever and that is severely limiting our offense. I don't think anyone is out of line to continue to air the same grievances that they were airing before the season.

there are not 20 guys that give you a better chance at the SB than Smith

just because Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, and Matt Stafford can throw for 4000 yards doesnt mean they are any better of legitimate Super Bowl contending QBs than Smith is.

In fact those guys haven't shown much either, and they are "passing" QBs.

SPATCH 10-28-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10133843)
there are not 20 guys that give you a better chance at the SB than Smith

just because Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, and Matt Stafford can throw for 4000 yards doesnt mean they are any better of legitimate Super Bowl contending QBs than Smith is.

In fact those guys haven't shown much either, and they are "passing" QBs.

Oh hell to the ****ing yes it does.

I would give my left nut for Matt Stafford on this team.

the Talking Can 10-28-2013 10:15 AM

stafford isn't better than smith

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

doomy3 10-28-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10133853)

Jay Cutler has played with a top 3 defense for the last few years, and hasn't sniffed success. BUT HE THROWS A NICE DEEP BALL!!!

(Agree with you on Stafford. However, there wasn't really a Stafford in this draft.)

SPATCH 10-28-2013 10:17 AM

Anyone who would rather have Alex Smith than Matt Stafford plz GTFO my face.

doomy3 10-28-2013 10:18 AM

I love Stafford. It is interesting how he isn't the same guy when he doesn't have Calvin Johnson to throw jump balls to though.

hitchief 10-28-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10133853)

Yeah, the big passing yards would be great but there is that little trade off called interceptions.

Your great D is gonna be so great if they have to defend short fields a lot and have to play more snaps due to an O that doesn't control the clock.

And by the way he would not have Megatron to just toss up jump balls to all the time.

And yeah, they have been passing for huge yards ever since he got there but what in the hell has that team won with him there?

SPATCH 10-28-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 10133860)
Jay Cutler has played with a top 3 defense for the last few years, and hasn't sniffed success. BUT HE THROWS A NICE DEEP BALL!!!

(Agree with you on Stafford. However, there wasn't really a Stafford in this draft.)

Ok. I'd still rather have Cutler than Smith.

DaWolf 10-28-2013 10:22 AM

I think from a general sense we're all pretty happy. You'll have your specific folk who basically have established themselves as people who enjoy logging onto a message board and ripping certain aspects of things no matter what, but even for them, if they actually are Chiefs fans and not just a person trying to get a rise out of people, they're generally going to enjoy a Chiefs win.

I think the majority of what you are seeing are the residual effects of a decade of Marty Ball. We went through a decade of having great defenses and special teams always getting us in the playoffs, but never actually winning in the playoffs because the offense wasn't good enough.

You're also seeing the residual effects of the organization continually trading for someone else's QB. Alex Smith in a vacuum is fine. He's not great, but he can get the job done as long as you provide stability and a good supporting cast. But he's not a guy that we drafted and developed, he's a known quantity that we traded picks for. So now there's a great weight being put on him to show us that he's more than what he has been.

So in one sense, it's awesome that the team is doing well. But we've also seen this before, and it is that inevitable sense of playoff failure that is staring at us around the corner.

Bucs fans could in one sense relate going back to the Tony Dungy era there. Especially the Shaun King days. In another sense, they can't relate because they won a Super Bowl with the very average Brad Johnson. And believe me, if Alex Smith could win a Super Bowl like Brad Johnsnon and that defense did that year, this team would become an immortal legend in our eyes. But the odds are against it...

Brock 10-28-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10133869)
Anyone who would rather have Alex Smith than Matt Stafford plz GTFO my face.

Welcome to the mind of chiefs fan.

doomy3 10-28-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10133879)
Ok. I'd still rather have Cutler than Smith.

I definitely would not. Give me a leader at the QB spot. Cutler isn't that. I don't care how hard he can throw a football.

Dartgod 10-28-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10133831)

Of those 20, please name the ones that were actually available to the Chiefs.

SAUTO 10-28-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10133685)
Yep I agree.

take all the time off you want idiot

Pablo 10-28-2013 10:26 AM

LMAO at anyone trying to build a case for Alex over Stafford. That's just absurd.

LoneWolf 10-28-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10133699)
Exactly what threads on the front page are the problem?

Alex Smith Sucks? That thread was created before the season started. It is now the go to thread for anything anti-Alex Smith.

Should Fisher be benched? It's a legitimate ****ing question. Fisher is the weak spot on this offensive line right now.

Should we cut Bowe? It's a reeruned thread started by a reeruned poster. It's not to be taken seriously.

The only thing that is getting a little tiresome is every thread turning into an Alex Smith sucks thread. I'm not especially happy about the compensation in the trade or his overall performance, but I'm not as down on him as others either. I thought he played a good first half yesterday and a poor second half, but all it seems most posters want to focus on is the second half. They ignore the fact that he passed for 175 yards in the first half with 2 touchdowns and one of those touchdowns the ball actually traveled more than 20 yards in the air (gasp!). The offense as a whole needs to improve. That includes Alex, the O-line, the backs, and the receivers.

Agreed about the reeruned thread by the reeruned poster. Cut Bowe? What a moron.

SAUTO 10-28-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

I would be happy as hell had we only "signed" alex smith.

Its the 2 2's we gave up too.

KC Jones 10-28-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

The stupidity of this statement is deafening. This FO has had 1 offseason. They went out and got arguably the best available free agent QB, the one the coach asked for. I'm sure if Reid said we need another option at qb this offseason Dorsey and company would make it happen.

I understand the frustration left over from Pioli and Peterson, but they are gone gone gone. Wake the **** up, and watch what the organization does before laying the previous regimes mistakes at their feet. So far, they have us at 8-0.

Sorter 10-28-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 10133860)

NFC championship game in 2010 and was having good years in both 2012 and 2011 until injured.

Carlota69 10-28-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10133891)

Thats exactly what I was about to ask? What was the FO suppose to do, call Detroit and say hey give us Stafford cuz we need him?
WTF is wrong with people? Who was better that was available??? Who? Matt ****ing Flynn who couldnt beat out Pryor, and is still warming a bench? Moore who isnt starting anywhere either? :doh!:

KC Jones 10-28-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10133914)
Thats exactly what I was about to ask? What was the FO suppose to do, call Detroit and say hey give us Stafford cuz we need him?
WTF is wrong with people? Who was better that was available??? Who? Matt ****ing Flynn who couldnt beat out Pryor, and is still warming a bench? Moore who isnt starting anywhere either? :doh!:

This.

doomy3 10-28-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10133913)
NFC championship game in 2010 and was having good years in both 2012 and 2011 until injured.

You're right- forgot about 2010. But the injury thing is certainly part of the equation. Yes, I realize Smith missed time with injury last season.

SPATCH 10-28-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10133891)

I understand the "he was the best QB available" argument. Believe me.

But, watching our team hitch the wagon to another noodle-arm for the foreseeable future is just hard to stomach.

We sit back and watch guys like Luck, Griffin III, Wilson, Kaepernick, even EJ Manuel (when healthy) and it is hard not to want in on that action.

But, we're tied to Alex Smith because he was the best option we had. Whatever.

doomy3 10-28-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10133901)

I'm sure the Chiefs would have been happy with that too. If only he was just sitting there without a team at the time.

SPATCH 10-28-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones (Post 10133904)
The stupidity of this statement is deafening. This FO has had 1 offseason. They went out and got arguably the best available free agent QB, the one the coach asked for. I'm sure if Reid said we need another option at qb this offseason Dorsey and company would make it happen.

I understand the frustration left over from Pioli and Peterson, but they are gone gone gone. Wake the **** up, and watch what the organization does before laying the previous regimes mistakes at their feet. So far, they have us at 8-0.

O rly?

Sorter 10-28-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 10133925)
You're right- forgot about 2010. But the injury thing is certainly part of the equation. Yes, I realize Smith missed time with injury last season.

I agree. It is also probably valid to remember that he was in a Coryell system with Martz and had a not so great offensive line when it came to pass blocking.

I've only seen 2 Bears games this year but from what I recall, Cutler isn't being hit nearly as much as in years past.

doomy3 10-28-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10133936)
I agree. It is also probably valid to remember that he was in a Coryell system with Martz and had a not so great offensive line when it came to pass blocking.

I've only seen 2 Bears games this year but from what I recall, Cutler isn't being hit nearly as much as in years past.

And he is out now with a torn groin.

Sorter 10-28-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 10133941)
And he is out now with a torn groin.

Yes. Injury concerns are definitely valid but it will be interesting to see if that changes over the next few years with Trestman (if Cutler is resigned).

SAUTO 10-28-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 10133929)
I'm sure the Chiefs would have been happy with that too. If only he was just sitting there without a team at the time.

well no shit...

you are the one who said we "signed" him, I was just clarifying why people would be upset

crossbow 10-28-2013 10:46 AM

When I was a technician we understood that %10 of our customers produced %90 of our problems. In other words, most people are happy but the noisy ones get your attention. Same here. Most people in KC are enjoying the ride and accept that some will complain no matter what. The other issue is...it is fun to analyze your team and discuss areas of concern and make suggestions on how you would improve things.

Brock 10-28-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10133901)

:clap:

SPATCH 10-28-2013 10:54 AM

Here's the source of my recent frustration:

Coming into the season I was pissed about how much we had to give up for Smith. But, I still held out hope that Smith would be a two-year stop gap while we groomed a QBOTF.

However, we are winning a lot of games (which has been great, btw) and the casual fans seem to be guzzling the ESPN kool-aid and are fully on board with Smith as our QB going forward. This is a mistake.

Dartgod 10-28-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris616 (Post 10134086)
Be honest , if the gates were to be stormed it should have happened long ago. Now Clark is golden , I dont see it that way . Matter of fact I think some sort of college draft system is needed in order to create some parity nationwide . Fix the whole thing. KC needs a new owner.

So Clark cleaned house, hired a proven head coach and a competent GM, which has us at 8-0 after a 2-14 season and we need a new owner?

Your and idiot.

Consistent1 10-28-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggity (Post 10133624)
I may have to agree to an extent. The majority are happy and it shows, but we have a few called "fans" on here and all they do is bitch

We need a I need a fresh tampon forum.

Carlota69 10-28-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 10134171)
We need a I need a fresh tampon forum.

A fresh tampon, a couple of midol and a chocloate salt lick forum.