ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171830)

keg in kc 01-10-2008 07:18 AM

I was okay with AJ for a while, but once they did that angle in his house last thursday, I'd had enough. That was maybe the worst segment I've ever seen on any wrestling show, and they kept coming back to it, over and over.

Swanman 01-10-2008 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
Thank god for ROH, that's all I have to say.

ROH is coming back to Chicago on 1/26, and the matches announced so far are:

Nigel McGuinness vs. Roderick Strong
Delirious vs. Adam Pearce in a dog collar match
3-way tag team scramble: Vulture Squad vs. Age of the Fall vs. BJ Whitmer & Brent Albright
Mark Briscoe vs. Necro Butcher - No DQ Match
Claudio Castagnoli vs. El Generico

That is going to be some rasslin' goodness, I can't wait for the show.

Ultra Peanut 01-10-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
I was okay with AJ for a while, but once they did that angle in his house last thursday, I'd had enough. That was maybe the worst segment I've ever seen on any wrestling show, and they kept coming back to it, over and over.

Ah, okay. I didn't have the, um, "pleasure" of seeing that.

I guess I'll TiVo tonight's iMPACT!, but only to see Kong.

unothadeal 01-10-2008 08:09 PM

IM HAVING TROUBLE CONTROLLING THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE

Mecca 01-10-2008 09:52 PM

There's a rumor circulating that Chris Harris is on his way to WWE.

keg in kc 01-13-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
There's a rumor circulating that Chris Harris is on his way to WWE.

Rumor's confirmed I think.

Meltzer's reporting now that Paul Wight's back with WWE, as well, and at a sveldt 440 pounds.

Ultra Peanut 01-13-2008 07:41 PM

Great news for the Wildcat. The worst case scenario for him now is that he gets dumped by the E and goes back to TNA for his obligatory world title run.

Joe... oh, Joe. Please get out of there.

Simply Red 01-13-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
Great news for the Wildcat. The worst case scenario for him now is that he gets dumped by the E and goes back to TNA for his obligatory world title run.

Joe... oh, Joe. Please get out of there.

Where do they even air wrestling anymore? I never catch it. Does TNT still show it from time-to-time?

keg in kc 01-13-2008 08:00 PM

I think I also read that Ron Killings signed a deal with double double e, and he's skipping developmental, so we may be seeing him soon.

Ultra Peanut 01-13-2008 08:08 PM

Yup yup. The Truth is also outta there. Lucky boy.

Also, I love that Double Double E is sticking around a year later even though Koslov was so worthless he never even had a match.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red
Where do they even air wrestling anymore? I never catch it. Does TNT still show it from time-to-time?

Oh, how I wish... :sulk:

Monday - WWE Raw on USA, 8-10:05
Tuesday - ECW on Sci-Fi on Sci-Fi, 9-10:05
Thursday - TNA iMPACT! on SpikeTV, 8-10 (Only watch this if you want/have brain damage)
Friday - WWE Smackdown! on the CW, 8-10

keg in kc 01-13-2008 08:11 PM

ECW has been really bad the last few weeks. The whole Chavo out of the blue feud with CM Punk and the weak finishes therin have almost turned me off to young Mr. Punk. It makes me wonder if they've decided his reign's gone long enough, or that he's better chasing a title than he is defending one.

Either way, Chavo's obviously beating him Tuesday in one of the more head-scratching and meaningless feuds going on atm.

And god, I wish Big Fatty V would just go away.

Simply Red 01-13-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Oh, how I wish... :sulk:

Monday - WWE Raw on USA, 8-10:05
Tuesday - ECW on Sci-Fi on Sci-Fi, 9-10:05
Thursday - TNA iMPACT! on SpikeTV, 8-10 (Only watch this if you want/have brain damage)
Friday - WWE Smackdown! on the CW, 8-10

What was significant about TNT? Was the coverage better? err...*shrug*

Ultra Peanut 01-13-2008 08:15 PM

Yeah, ECW's been a lot less fun lately now that it's less "throw 2-4 of these guys out there and let them have a great match" and basically turned into Velocity with a belt, but on the bright side, Colin's going to win one someday, and damnit, I'm going to be watching!

Ultra Peanut 01-13-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red
What was significant about TNT? Was the coverage better? err...*shrug*

TNT was the home of WCW Monday Nitro, an often-ridiculous but incredibly fun show. The company died a slow, agonizing, completely avoidable death before being sold to the then-WWF for two bucks and a can of Tab.

Simply Red 01-13-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

TNT was the home of WCW Monday Nitro, an often-ridiculous but incredibly fun show. The company died a slow, agonizing, completely avoidable death before being sold to the then-WWF for two bucks and a can of Tab.

I see.