ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Drink of choice tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490)

BigOlChiefsfan 08-27-2005 11:09 AM

Old college friends coming to town...one of 'em owns a brewery in E. Washington. We'll all be drinking some good microbrew and I'm bringing some of my BOCF vatted bourbon (good stuff, if I say so). The brisket's cooking all day, the brats go on @ 6pm.

http://www.iceharbor.com/pages/beerframe.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatted_malt

Bowser 08-27-2005 12:33 PM

Hydrocodone and Ibuprofen. It's a non stop buzz!

Mr. Kotter 09-09-2005 08:14 PM

The Sub-Forum thread is givin' me a headache....I'm gonna see if I have the stuff for Long Island Iced Teas tonight. Jumbo-sized. :banghead:

ENDelt260 09-09-2005 08:15 PM

What the hell am I even still doing here?

I'm outta here. The bar is calling my name.

StcChief 09-09-2005 08:16 PM

Blvd Pale Ale.

Primed for drive tomarrow to KC.

Mr. Kotter 09-09-2005 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
What the hell am I even still doing here?

I'm outta here. The bar is calling my name.

One Long Island, for the road.....:shrug:

KCChiefsMan 09-09-2005 08:19 PM

I'm drink Diet Pepsi, out of a can

Mr. Kotter 09-09-2005 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
I'm drink Diet Pepsi, out of a can

Surely you can find somethin' to add to the sh*t....

shaneo69 09-09-2005 09:10 PM

Had 1 Schlafly Summer Brew draft at the bar in our building after work. Then I had 4 Beast Light as I grilled chicken for dinner. Now I'm on straight orange juice.

jidar 09-09-2005 09:33 PM

With dinner: A dry martini
Just sent the wife to pick up some top shelf tequila and vodka. I told her to surprise me on the brands but she knows I only like agave tequila and russian vodka so she'll do all right...

Mr. Kotter 09-09-2005 09:34 PM

Well, I'm gonna stick with beer afterall....thought I had made spontaneous plans to make it to the home opener on Sunday, only to have it shot down. :(

keg in kc 09-09-2005 09:43 PM

Boulevard wheat. I popped some for my pizza dough, might as well keep going.

Although I only have 9 to last the weekend. The price of being on a budget. My fat ass doesn't need it anyway.

Demonpenz 09-09-2005 10:55 PM

wild turkey on ice and a shot of bacardi

Mr. Kotter 09-09-2005 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
wild turkey on ice and a shot of bacardi

Rum shots? And it's not even Morgan? :spock:

Demonpenz 09-09-2005 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Rum shots? And it's not even Morgan? :spock:

yeah it is 151

Mr. Kotter 09-09-2005 11:05 PM

Quote:

yeah it is 151

Wow. You, END, and FloridaChief need to have a shot contest. Damn. :clap:

Demonpenz 09-09-2005 11:06 PM

the only thing the winner would prove is who is the biggest loser

Mr. Kotter 09-09-2005 11:12 PM

Quote:

the only thing the winner would prove is who is the biggest loser

I'm of the opinion, that intentionally drinking to excess....including shots, doesn't make one a loser.

Drinking to excess, and not showin' up for work.....not payin' the bills....destroying your personal life? Well, then we can talk about "losers"....JMHO.

keg in kc 09-09-2005 11:14 PM

I've moved on to the heavy stuff now. Chocolate milk.

And I'm a loser by most of those qualifications. :p

Mr. Kotter 09-09-2005 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
....And I'm a loser by most of those qualifications. :p

I know you put a smiley in there.....but....the disconnect between your vision of yourself, and the you we see on this board is startling.

Think of the fine hos and good times you are missin' out on. In terms of potential, you are the Planet's Junior Siavii. You owe it to yourself to do better than he is....

badgirl 09-09-2005 11:40 PM

actually I just remembered I have 4 beer left in the fridge, maybe have a couple to help me sleep

Mr. Kotter 09-09-2005 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgirl
actually I just remembered I have 4 beer left in the fridge, maybe have a couple to help me sleep

Sleep? That's not what stumpy is thinkin'....heh. :)

badgirl 09-09-2005 11:46 PM

Quote:

Sleep? That's not what stumpy is thinkin'....heh. :)

Well now, stumppy went to bed and I'm on the planet, what does that tell you I'm thinkin'? :p

Mr. Kotter 09-09-2005 11:49 PM

Quote:

Well now, stumppy went to bed and I'm on the planet, what does that tell you I'm thinkin'? :p

I KNOW of a way you could "wake" him up....but my wife hasn't done it for a couple of years now. :banghead:

badgirl 09-09-2005 11:51 PM

Quote:

I KNOW of a way you could "wake" him up....but my wife hasn't done it for a couple of years now. :banghead:

Yea, but I DON'T WANT to wake him up. :)

Mr. Kotter 09-09-2005 11:58 PM

Quote:

Yea, but I DON'T WANT to wake him up. :)

Ahhhhh.....you are multitasking and visiting the "We Live Together" sites. :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter 09-10-2005 12:00 AM

Quote:

You've stumped me. No pun intended....heh.

:hmmm:

go bo 09-10-2005 12:04 AM

Quote:

I know you put a smiley in there.....but....the disconnect between your vision of yourself, and the you we see on this board is startling.

Think of the fine hos and good times you are missin' out on. In terms of potential, you are the Planet's Junior Siavii. You owe it to yourself to do better than he is....

i wouldn't put it quite so eloquentlly as mr. k, but it is a little startling to see the thoughtful and insightful things that you post about football and about real life and then to witness one of your hypercritical self-flagellations...

i suppose disconnect is one way of putting it...

as far as siavii is concerned, rob, i'm not quite sure how keg is like junior other than the general notion that they both have untapped potential...

but keg is not nearly as ugly as junior (have you seen his face during the games?), he is not nearly as stupid, and as far as i know, keg doesn't spit on people... :p :p :p

go bo 09-10-2005 12:06 AM

Quote:

You've stumped me. No pun intended....heh.

:hmmm:

intended or not, it was damned funny...

stumped me... ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Mr. Kotter 09-10-2005 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
...i suppose disconnect is one way of putting it...

as far as siavii is concerned, rob, i'm not quite sure how keg is like junior other than the general notion that they both have untapped potential...

but keg is not nearly as ugly as junior (have you seen his face during the games?), he is not nearly as stupid, and as far as i know, keg doesn't spit on people... :p :p :p

I was going strictly for the "untapped potential" angle....although your take was a helluva lot more funny. Heh.

ROFL

Demonpenz 09-10-2005 12:19 AM

aint no use in complaining when you have a job to do spend my eving down in thd drive in

Mr. Kotter 09-10-2005 12:20 AM

Quote:

aint no use in complaining when you have a job to do spend my eving down in thd drive in

Isn't that a line from a song? :hmmm:

go bo 09-10-2005 12:31 AM

Quote:

I was going strictly for the "untapped potential" angle....although your take was a helluva lot more funny. Heh.

ROFL

you're too easy... :) :) :) :) :)

go bo 09-10-2005 12:33 AM

hey rob, gotta go...

taking the wife to work tommorrow, i think, so i can use the car...

and she goes at 6:30... :eek: :eek: :eek:

goodnight, rob, and to all you other losers posting on a football bb on a friday night...

have a good one... :toast: :toast: :toast:

Mr. Kotter 09-10-2005 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
hey rob, gotta go...

taking the wife to work tommorrow, i think, so i can use the car...

and she goes at 6:30... :eek: :eek: :eek:

goodnight, rob, and to all you other losers posting on a football bb on a friday night...

have a good one... :toast: :toast: :toast:

Night, bo.

Miles 09-10-2005 02:12 AM

Anyone else up drinkin? Had a lot of 1554 and Stella Artois tonight. Beer around here is fucking great.

Phobia 09-10-2005 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
Anyone else up drinkin? Had a lot to 1554 and Stella Atois tonight. Beer around here is fucking great.

When did you move to Denver?

I had a few 1554's, a few Pony Express Tornado Reds, and a http://www.merchantduvin.com/images/...rt/ce_bott.gif

Rausch 09-10-2005 02:17 AM

Natty Light.

It's football time...

Miles 09-10-2005 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
When did you move to Denver?

I had a few 1554's, a few Pony Express Tornado Reds, and a http://www.merchantduvin.com/images/...rt/ce_bott.gif

I moved here from Houston about a week ago to finish my last year of school. I like it around here so far.

I couldnt remember if you said anything about liking Great Divide brewery? Im drinking on one of their sampler packs right now and its pretty tasty.

Miles 09-10-2005 02:23 AM

Is that Celebrator stuff very hard to find?

KCChiefsMan 09-10-2005 04:07 AM

I cannot sleep! I shoulda drank tonight!
maybe tomorrow night I'll try to find one of these:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050909/...k_germany_beer

Phobia 09-10-2005 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
Is that Celebrator stuff very hard to find?

I've seen it around. I think I got that at the Lake of the Ozarks Hy-Vee.

I don't recall what the Great Divide brewery makes.

ENDelt260 09-10-2005 12:51 PM

Quote:

One Long Island, for the road.....:shrug:

If I was walking to one of my neighborhood bars I would've probably made a 7-n-7 for the walk. But, I was hopping a bus down into Tempe to hang out with Boozer who's in town for the ASU-LSU game.

ENDelt260 09-10-2005 12:53 PM

Quote:

Wow. You, END, and FloridaChief need to have a shot contest. Damn. :clap:

I can drink beer for hours on end. You start feeding me a bunch of shots of liquor I'll be down in no time.

ENDelt260 09-10-2005 12:54 PM

Quote:

Drinking to excess, and not showin' up for work.....not payin' the bills....destroying your personal life? Well, then we can talk about "losers"....JMHO.

Well, I still pay most of my bills.

Buzzsaw 09-10-2005 01:02 PM

Quote:

I can drink beer for hours on end. You start feeding me a bunch of shots of liquor I'll go down on you in no time.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ENDelt260 09-10-2005 01:05 PM

Congratulations on mastering the smiley function, Buzzsaw. That must've been quite the accomplishment for you. Perhaps someday you can work your way up to actually typing out some words.

chiefs4me 09-10-2005 01:09 PM

Quote:

I can drink beer for hours on end. You start feeding me a bunch of shots of liquor I'll be down in no time.

Hey...thanks for the info...ROFL

Buzzsaw 09-10-2005 01:10 PM

Quote:

Congratulations on mastering the smiley function, Buzzsaw. That must've been quite the accomplishment for you. Perhaps someday you can work your way up to actually typing out some words.

I'm trying to follow in your footsteps...one day I'll learn how to brush my teeth...or tooth in your case :)

Phobia 09-10-2005 01:12 PM

That's it. I'm closing this thread.

chiefs4me 09-10-2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
I'm trying to follow in your footsteps...one day I'll learn how to brush my teeth...or tooth in your case :)

you have never brushed your teeth....:eek:

chiefs4me 09-10-2005 01:15 PM

Quote:

That's it. I'm closing this thread.

:rolleyes:..........:harumph:

Phobia 09-10-2005 01:16 PM

Seriously buzzsaw, will you smack that calijetsfan over there? The idiot who claims he's not scared of the Chiefs passing game.... I'm not sure if he's aware, but Trent Green actually had more passing yards than Manning last year.

Phobia 09-10-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs4me
:rolleyes:..........:harumph:

Inside joke. Some pussy moderator over at the Jets site closed a thread when it was just getting interesting. Bastard.

J Diddy 09-10-2005 01:18 PM

Quote:

Inside joke. Some pussy moderator over at the Jets site closed a thread when it was just getting interesting. Bastard.

It's a good thing there are no pussy moderators over here. I hate moderated pussy.

Buzzsaw 09-10-2005 01:19 PM

Quote:

Seriously buzzsaw, will you smack that calijetsfan over there? The idiot who claims he's not scared of the Chiefs passing game.... I'm not sure if he's aware, but Trent Green actually had more passing yards than Manning last year.

Like you told him, some people think fantasy football = real football. Easy to pick them out. He was probably a Raiduh fan last year.

chiefs4me 09-10-2005 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy
It's a good thing there are no pussy moderators over here. I hate moderated pussy.

ROFL...rep for you

ENDelt260 09-10-2005 01:22 PM

Quote:

Hey...thanks for the info...ROFL

Great. Now I'm going to get molested while unconscious.

ENDelt260 09-10-2005 01:25 PM

Quote:

I may only have one tooth, but it's capped with platinum and diamond encrusted.

I'm a balla.

chiefs4me 09-10-2005 01:28 PM

Quote:

Great. Now I'm going to get molested while unconscious.

whoa...hold on buddy, I never said anything about molesting you......I had something else in mind....ROFL

chiefs4me 09-10-2005 01:29 PM

Quote:

Like you told him, some people think fantasy football = real football. Easy to pick them out. He was probably a Raiduh fan last year.

psssst, be quiet, some of our boys think it is.:p

KChiefsQT 09-10-2005 01:42 PM

Good old Jack Daniels. Just had a three hour volleyball practice... the girls first week of playing.. my ears are still ringing from their skreeeetchy screaming. Figured Jack will take care of that.

ChiefsFire 09-10-2005 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchiefsqt
Good old Jack Daniels. Just had a three hour volleyball practice... the girls first week of playing.. my ears are still ringing from their skreeeetchy screaming. Figured Jack will take care of that.

jack?

good choice

bet it does taste good after an afternoon of smackin balls around

Raiderhater 09-10-2005 04:19 PM

Just fixed myself a vanilla white russian. I'm thinking it is going to be the first drink of many this evening.

BigOlChiefsfan 09-10-2005 04:35 PM

Just bought a replacement bottle of Wild Turkey Rye 101 today, so I foresee a couple of Manhattans as entree tonite. There'll be a Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout for dessert. Ummmm. Oatmeal stout.

Manhattan

2 ounces rye whiskey
1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
1 dash of Angostura bitters (optional)
Shake with cracked ice; strain into chilled cocktail glass and serve. Variation: Use bourbon instead of rye.

Raiderhater 09-10-2005 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan
Just bought a replacement bottle of Wild Turkey Rye 101 today, so I foresee a couple of Manhattans as entree tonite. There'll be a Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout for dessert. Ummmm. Oatmeal stout.

Manhattan

2 ounces rye whiskey
1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
1 dash of Angostura bitters (optional)
Shake with cracked ice; strain into chilled cocktail glass and serve. Variation: Use bourbon instead of rye.

"Rye whiskey, rye whiskey",
I heard the man cry,
"If I don't get rye whiskey I surely will die."

You know, I do not think I have ever had rye whiskey. My Manhattans have always been made with bourbon.

I think I'll make my second white russian and now, and then move to something else....

BigOlChiefsfan 09-10-2005 04:54 PM

RH, are you still in Houston? There was a cigar-bar over on Kirby around Westheimer that had a heckuva good whiskey selection. Step in there and tell the barkeep you'd like a proper manhattan, with Van Winkle rye if they've got it.

The distillers add Rye grain to most bourbon mash in order to bring up more of a spicy flavor that balances the corns sweetness. Only a handful of real American rye whiskey's are available these days. Old Overholt is your best $10-12 bet, WT Rye is ~ $16 or so, Van Winkle rye is $30 or so, jump on that if you see it, Speqs should have it. A few other decent rye's can be had back east (where rye was more traditional. Pennsylvannian "Old Monongahela" is what George Washington and Andy Jackson drank. Rev. Elijah Craig hadn't invented the charred-barrel aging process and real bourbon yet. God bless him).

Raiderhater 09-10-2005 05:01 PM

Quote:

RH, are you still in Houston? There was a cigar-bar over on Kirby around Westheimer that had a heckuva good whiskey selection. Step in there and tell the barkeep you'd like a proper manhattan, with Van Winkle rye if they've got it.

The distillers add Rye grain to most bourbon mash in order to bring upa more of a spicy flavor that balances the corns sweetness. Only a handful of real American rye whiskey's are available these days. Old Overholt is your best $10-12 bet, WT Rye is ~ $16 or so, Van Winkle rye is $30 or so, jump on that if you see it, Speqs should have it. A few other decent rye's can be had back east (where rye was more traditional. Pennsylvannian "Old Monongahela" is what George Washington and Andy Jackson drank. Rev. Elijah Craig hadn't invented the charred-barrel aging process and real bourbon yet. God bless him).

Actually, I just moved out of Houston two weeks ago today. I'm now up in north east Texas near Tyler, in a dry county. :grr: When ever I make my boot leg trips to neighboring counties I'll keep my eye open for the ryes you mentioned. I know I can trust your judgement, I frequently drink Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve after trying it on your reccomendation. Infact, that may be my next drink.....

chiefs4me 09-10-2005 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderhader
Actually, I just moved out of Houston two weeks ago today. I'm now up in north east Texas near Tyler, in a dry county. :grr: When ever I make my boot leg trips to neighboring counties I'll keep my eye open for the ryes you mentioned. I know I can trust your judgement, I frequently drink Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve after trying it on your reccomendation. Infact, that may be my next drink.....

ROFL......right in my back yard....:p

BigOlChiefsfan 09-10-2005 05:09 PM

FWIW, if you're not in the mood for a Manhattan I like rye whiskey highballs-- rye mixed with ginger ale or (better) Stewart's ginger beer.

This giraffe walked into a bar and said "Drink up fellas. The highballs are on me."

Raiderhater 09-10-2005 05:13 PM

Quote:

ROFL......right in my back yard....:p

Why do you think I told you the other day it was the perfect time for you to go to Houston to get that lobster?

Raiderhater 09-10-2005 05:15 PM

Quote:

FWIW, if you're not in the mood for a Manhattan I like rye whiskey highballs-- rye mixed with ginger ale or (better) Stewart's ginger beer.

This giraffe walked into a bar and said "Drink up fellas. The highballs are on me."

Never heard of those before, I'll have to give 'em a try some time.

Funny joke.

chiefs4me 09-10-2005 05:15 PM

Quote:

Why do you think I told you the other day it was the perfect time for you to go to Houston to get that lobster?

ROFL......I have no clue when you move or not...do you think I pay that much attention...:p

chiefs4me 09-10-2005 05:18 PM

RH...did you by chance get a dallas paper yesterday...they had a 4 page spread on the chiefs, I was shocked.

Raiderhater 09-10-2005 05:18 PM

Quote:

ROFL......I have no clue when you move or not...do you think I pay that much attention...:p

This is the first time I have said anything about it on the board. I wouldn't have bothered with the joke had I already announced it.

Raiderhater 09-10-2005 05:21 PM

Quote:

RH...did you by chance get a dallas paper yesterday...they had a 4 page spread on the chiefs, I was shocked.

Really? Four pages is a bit surprising, even if the team did originate there and the owner still resides there.

chiefs4me 09-10-2005 05:22 PM

Quote:

This is the first time I have said anything about it on the board. I wouldn't have bothered with the joke had I already announced it.

I wasn't given you crap..I didn't know you had moved..and oh hell nevermind....ROFL But you do realize that you are only one hour away now...:D

Raiderhater 09-10-2005 05:28 PM

Quote:

I wasn't given you crap..I didn't know you had moved..and oh hell nevermind....ROFL But you do realize that you are only one hour away now...:D

Oh God! I knew I was close given your back and forth with the Senator, but I didn't realize it was that close. I actually live south of Tyler, so I am probably abnout and hour and a half away. It takes about 30 minutes for me to get to the interstate from the house.

chiefs4me 09-10-2005 05:31 PM

Quote:

Really? Four pages is a bit surprising, even if the team did originate there and the owner still resides there.

:rolleyes: They give you nothing here..except the cowboys...it is the most I have seen written about them in the 11 years I have been here. ...awesome stories and pictures.....:p

chiefs4me 09-10-2005 05:34 PM

Quote:

Oh God! I knew I was close given your back and forth with the Senator, but I didn't realize it was that close. I actually live south of Tyler, so I am probably abnout and hour and a half away. It takes about 30 minutes for me to get to the interstate from the house.

well isin't that funny...:D We go to the Tyler zoo all the time...so do you know where the zoo is...;) ROFL