ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto NFT: If you have up to $45k to spend on the next car (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324292)

Dante84 08-05-2019 01:23 PM

NFT: If you have up to $45k to spend on the next car

Got hit this last week and may have the current vehicle totaled out, which isn't a bad thing since I'm pretty well above water on the loan/value ratio.

So, while I'm waiting to find out if we go the "totaled" route, I would need to move fast on the next vehicle.

Desired Specs
4-5 seater
4 door
Fast (300+ hp)
Looks cool
Car or SUV, not a Truck or Van

Bells/Whistles
Air Conditioned/Cooling seats (it's hot in TX)
Backup Camera
Decent interface/console

Ideally not "Brand New" so I don't eat the cost driving off the lot
If 4-5 years old, then the vehicle better be worth it

Cost
Top end of budget is $45k
Can also be lower for the right car, as it would reduce current car payments

Since this happened out of the blue, what should be on my radar?

Dayze 08-05-2019 01:25 PM

I want a Golf R.

Dante84 08-05-2019 01:25 PM

Jesus - didn't see Roundup's thread.

My bad

TLO 08-05-2019 01:26 PM

I'd get a Charger Scat Pack. You get everything you described above. I just have an RT but I love it. Would love to have one with the bigger Hemi in it.

Or you could just get a brand new RT if you don't want a ludicrous amount of power. 370hp does me just fine.

New World Order 08-05-2019 01:28 PM

Q50

SAUTO 08-05-2019 01:29 PM

What were you driving?

Dante84 08-05-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14380285)
What were you driving?

For reference I'm going from a 2012 Cayenne Turbo, which has been a delight, although I get my dick kicked in about once a year on maintenance/repairs.

I'd not want to go to a Kia for the next car.

DJ's left nut 08-05-2019 01:30 PM

Used Audi A6 3.0T.

You can get one a year or two old with all the bells and whistles and quattro AWD for around $40K. Being in Texas, you may not give a damn about the AWD so there are probably some more aggressive/entertaining cars that would be a little cheaper (the Charger mentioned above can get you a ton of HP/$ but won't be as refined a daily driver).

But if you're looking at a sedan, it's really hard to go wrong with an Audi. Just an excellent drivers car.

Munson 08-05-2019 01:32 PM

2015 or newer Dodge Charger, preferably with a V8. The V6 versions have just under 300 horsepower. You can also get them with AWD.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-05-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 14380265)
Got hit this last week and may have the current vehicle totaled out, which isn't a bad thing since I'm pretty well above water on the loan/value ratio.

So, while I'm waiting to find out if we go the "totaled" route, I would need to move fast on the next vehicle.

Desired Specs
4-5 seater
4 door
Fast (300+ hp)
Looks cool
Car or SUV, not a Truck or Van

Bells/Whistles
Air Conditioned/Cooling seats (it's hot in TX)
Backup Camera
Decent interface/console

Ideally not "Brand New" so I don't eat the cost driving off the lot
If 4-5 years old, then the vehicle better be worth it

Cost
Top end of budget is $45k
Can also be lower for the right car, as it would reduce current car payments

Since this happened out of the blue, what should be on my radar?

I've got a 93 GMC Jimmy 4X4 with 56k miles on it . Was asking $47K but I'd let you have it since your a Chiefs fan for $45K

TLO 08-05-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14380291)
Used Audi A6.

You can get one a year or two old with all the bells and whistles and quattro AWD for around $40K. Being in Texas, you may not give a damn about the AWD so there are probably some more aggressive/entertaining cars that would be a little cheaper (the Charger mentioned above can get you a ton of HP/$ but won't be as refined a daily driver).

But if you're looking at a sedan, it's really hard to go wrong with an Audi. Just an excellent drivers car.

My 5.7 is great as a daily driver. I do a mix of highway and city driving and get around 22mpg. Such a comfortable car to drive too. Plenty of room all around.

Sucks ass in the snow, but that's not likely to be an issue in Texas. :D

SAUTO 08-05-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 14380295)
2015 or newer Dodge Charger, preferably with a V8. The V6 versions have just under 300 horsepower. You can also get them with AWD.

Yeah I'd stay away from the v6.

DJ's left nut 08-05-2019 01:37 PM

Here's one in Dallas:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

That'd be the kind of thing I'd be looking for in that price range. About a 5 second 0-60 and that turbo will kick ass and take names if you're looking for a passing gear.

TLO 08-05-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 14380290)
For reference I'm going from a 2012 Cayenne Turbo, which has been a delight, although I get my dick kicked in about once a year on maintenance/repairs.

I'd not want to go to a Kia for the next car.

Last plug for the Charger - I bought it with 45k on it, and it was meticulously well maintained. I've put about 35k miles on it and haven't had a single thing go wrong with it. Routine maintenance and a set of tires. That's it.

ModSocks 08-05-2019 01:39 PM

Honestly bro, with $45K, i'd go to an auto auction like Barrett Jackson. Production cars go stupidly cheap there. I'm talking like new-ish Masseratis going for $30K cheap.

The customs, exotics and classics get all the attention, and in turn, some damn nice production type vehicles go dirt cheap.

I always thought to myself that if i had a fat cash stash and were in the market for a car, i'd hit up a Barrett Jackson or Meccum action.