ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Aquaman Trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316373)

Tribal Warfare 07-21-2018 02:19 PM

Aquaman(2018) Trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WDkg3h8PCVU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

banecat 07-21-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13638138)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WDkg3h8PCVU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like it may not be too bad. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the post

Bowser 07-21-2018 03:00 PM

Black Manta looks bad ass.

Could the DC Universe be improving right before our eyes???/

Fish 07-21-2018 03:10 PM

LOL underwater speech.....

Sure-Oz 07-21-2018 05:04 PM

This looks incredible...wow. that sub part was straight out of the comic. The colors...the underwater world is gorgeous.

Sure-Oz 07-21-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13638194)
Black Manta looks bad ass.

Could the DC Universe be improving right before our eyes???/

I'm hoping so...Wan wanted no interference with this movie. I trust he'll do it right.

Al Bundy 07-21-2018 05:48 PM

This looks bad ass...

CoMoChief 07-22-2018 11:13 AM

looks intriguing...

Discuss Thrower 07-22-2018 11:21 AM

Wait. That's not Vinny Chase.

lawrenceRaider 07-22-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13638200)

You would rather whale calls with subtitles?

listopencil 07-22-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13638200)

Why is it harder to talk to someone underwater than in air? The answer is that sound couples poorly from air to water. When you talk, you do so by emitting air and then sending compression waves through this air. Your lungs provide the burst of air, and your vibrating vocal cords and mouth imprint the appropriate sound waveform on the air. In order for someone underwater to hear you, the sound waves have to go from the air in your mouth into the water surrounding you. Sound waves have a hard time going from air into water and mostly get reflected at the air-water interface instead of being transmitted into the water. If your lungs and airways were filled with water, and if your vocal cords and lungs were tuned to handle water, you would do a better job of generating sound underwater as there would no longer be an air-water interface.

http://wtamu.edu/~cbaird/sq/2013/11/...ne-underwater/

Fish 07-22-2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13638993)
You would rather whale calls with subtitles?

No, I understand the necessity. It just looks goofy.

The Franchise 07-22-2018 12:18 PM

Actually looks good. So if this is like Wonderwoman.....what are the next couple of shitty movies that DC will put out?

listopencil 07-22-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13639072)
Actually looks good. So if this is like Wonderwoman.....what are the next couple of shitty movies that DC will put out?

The Cyborg and Robin origin stories.

Fish 07-22-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13639039)
Why is it harder to talk to someone underwater than in air? The answer is that sound couples poorly from air to water. When you talk, you do so by emitting air and then sending compression waves through this air. Your lungs provide the burst of air, and your vibrating vocal cords and mouth imprint the appropriate sound waveform on the air. In order for someone underwater to hear you, the sound waves have to go from the air in your mouth into the water surrounding you. Sound waves have a hard time going from air into water and mostly get reflected at the air-water interface instead of being transmitted into the water. If your lungs and airways were filled with water, and if your vocal cords and lungs were tuned to handle water, you would do a better job of generating sound underwater as there would no longer be an air-water interface.

http://wtamu.edu/~cbaird/sq/2013/11/...ne-underwater/

https://i.imgur.com/RG0BS1U.gif

JakeLV 07-22-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13638978)

If Entourage is prescient, and Aquaman is the most successful DC movie, we deserve this awful timeline.

Kyle DeLexus 07-22-2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13638978)

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/...man-138934.jpg

It's the wrong suit also.

Rasputin 07-23-2018 02:57 AM

Meh. I just can't wait for The Flash movie come out he was the best in Justice League.

Rasputin 07-23-2018 02:57 AM

Although I'll go see this for the sharks. Sharks are cool.

Gravedigger 07-23-2018 07:11 AM

Let's be honest, the main reason for DC being an issue was Zach Snyder. The dark tones, the lack of fun and humor, it was all Zach Snyders direction and art style. I'm glad he's stepped out of the fold now so they can invite new directors in that will understand what drives audiences to the movies nowadays.

Sure-Oz 07-23-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13639897)
Let's be honest, the main reason for DC being an issue was Zach Snyder. The dark tones, the lack of fun and humor, it was all Zach Snyders direction and art style. I'm glad he's stepped out of the fold now so they can invite new directors in that will understand what drives audiences to the movies nowadays.

Yep. I'm fine with it and WB needs to let them do their thing.

keg in kc 07-23-2018 04:04 PM

He may be taking the blame for the tone, and some of that's justified since he was the front man, but DC and WB execs all signed off on everything he did.

I, personally, still don't have a problem with it. They didn't want to do the same thing that Marvel was already doing. And that's fine. The movies themselves just needed to be better executed.

Although (and one caveat: I still haven't seen JL) I still don't think those movies are nearly as bad as their critical reaction. And we're going to see more and more of that as social media grows. The hive mind decides what's good and what's not.

Just Passin' By 07-23-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13640721)
He may be taking the blame for the tone, and some of that's justified since he was the front man, but DC and WB execs all signed off on everything he did.

I, personally, still don't have a problem with it. They didn't want to do the same thing that Marvel was already doing. And that's fine. The movies themselves just needed to be better executed.

Although (and one caveat: I still haven't seen JL) I still don't think those movies are nearly as bad as their critical reaction. And we're going to see more and more of that as social media grows. The hive mind decides what's good and what's not.

They were shit. The hive mind has nothing to do with whether or not the movies were shit. Bad stories, direction and the like are the determinants.

The hive mind raved about Wonder Woman, after all.

keg in kc 07-23-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13640910)
They were shit. The hive mind has nothing to do with whether or not the movies were shit. Bad stories, direction and the like are the determinants.

That's exactly what I mean. They weren't shit in my opinion. They could have been better, but I didn't consider them bad. Just not good. But it doesn't do me any good to explain that to anybody online, because your reaction is exactly what I'm referring to.

What I mean by hive mind is that there's no discussion about anything in social media (and this place is social media...). There's only conflict. My team versus your team. Everything has to be black or white. Anything you talk about has to be either awesome or awful. There's no middle ground, and 90% of any discussion about anything is really just people trying to convert everybody to their side.

And that's where I go to the hive mind. It's taking over what used to be discussion about everything. Movies. Sports. Politics.

Humanity is now borg. Resistance is futile.

Just Passin' By 07-23-2018 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13641050)
That's exactly what I mean. They weren't shit in my opinion. They could have been better, but I didn't consider them bad. Just not good. But it doesn't do me any good to explain that to anybody online, because your reaction is exactly what I'm referring to.

What I mean by hive mind is that there's no discussion about anything in social media (and this place is social media...). There's only conflict. My team versus your team. Everything has to be black or white. Anything you talk about has to be either awesome or awful. There's no middle ground, and 90% of any discussion about anything is really just people trying to convert everybody to their side.

And that's where I go to the hive mind. It's taking over what used to be discussion about everything. Movies. Sports. Politics.

Humanity is now borg. Resistance is futile.

1. The DCU movies have been shit. I could delve into why, but that's been done in the appropriate threads, so it doesn't need repeating. You're welcome to your opinion on them, though. That's the beauty of the medium. And that leads to...
  2. ... It's ok if you like movies that you understand are bad. It's also ok if you can't rate movies for quality. You just have to accept that you like bad movies, or can't evaluate movies for quality, and take it into account. I can't judge the relative quality of Eastern European movies for shit because I still miss too many subtleties of the cultures, but I accept that, so I don't go blaming Eastern Europeans for liking one of their films more than another.
  3. There's plenty of reasonable discussion still going on with social media. You just have to go to the right sites or find the right groups. If you're using Twitter or Facebook, you've nobody but yourself to blame.

MarkDavis'Haircut 07-24-2018 02:52 AM

He was alright in Justice League but that entire movie was just one large gloom fest. It was the first time I watched a movie in theaters and understood what people meant by cookie cutter.

bowener 07-24-2018 08:45 AM

Oh god, so much of that CGI looked cringe-worthy. I hope it improves for the final cut.

Also, Momoa may look the part, but god damn he is just an awful actor.

ModSocks 07-24-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13640910)

Oh hey look guys, something else JPB doesn't like. After years of reading this forum it just dawned on me that this guy has the bloodiest vag on the forum. I mean, he literally just bitches about everything.

If he can't bitch about it, then he doesn't post about it.

ModSocks 07-24-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13641299)
  1. The DCU movies have been shit. I could delve into why, but that's been done in the appropriate threads, so it doesn't need repeating. You're welcome to your opinion on them, though. That's the beauty of the medium. And that leads to...
  2. ... It's ok if you like movies that you understand are bad. It's also ok if you can't rate movies for quality. You just have to accept that you like bad movies, or can't evaluate movies for quality, and take it into account. I can't judge the relative quality of Eastern European movies for shit because I still miss too many subtleties of the cultures, but I accept that, so I don't go blaming Eastern Europeans for liking one of their films more than another.
  3. There's plenty of reasonable discussion still going on with social media. You just have to go to the right sites or find the right groups. If you're using Twitter or Facebook, you've nobody but yourself to blame.

LMAO

See? ROFL

banecat 07-24-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13641680)
Oh hey look guys, something else JPB doesn't like. After years of reading this forum it just dawned on me that this guy has the bloodiest vag on the forum. I mean, he literally just bitches about everything.

If he can't bitch about it, then he doesn't post about it.

Only two reasons to post online, and they are to vent or for attention

ModSocks 07-24-2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13641724)
Only two reasons to post online, and they are to vent or for attention

:rolleyes:

Weird, because everyone else seems to be able to hold a conversation about a variety of topics w/o being a perpetual nag about everything.

I think it's funny. Like a cartoon character. I don't want JPB to change, don't get me wrong. Constantly posting like you're the most miserable human on earth is funny. Intentional or not.

banecat 07-24-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13641738)
:rolleyes:

Weird, because everyone else seems to be able to hold a conversation about a variety of topics w/o being a perpetual nag about everything.

I think it's funny. Like a cartoon character. I don't want JPB to change, don't get me wrong. Constantly posting like you're the most miserable human on earth is funny. Intentional or not.

Not everyone. But it's become the majority. But I'm including all online posting like twitter, the Facebook, and so on

DJ's left nut 07-24-2018 03:18 PM

So Atlantis is essentially White Wakanda?

And for the record, I still think the constant need to bitch about the DC Universe is stupid. Apart from Suicide Squad, those movies have ranged from tolerably brainless to genuinely good.

And if this has as much Amber Heard in it as it appears, I'm on board. I mean, I know she has to have contracted some of Johnny Depp's various diseases and terminal crazy, but still - that girl's good lookin' right there. Not sure the fake red hair works, but whatever.

Chiefspants 07-24-2018 04:14 PM

I think Snyder's biggest mistake was making ****ing Superman a miserable son of a *****.

Superman could easily handle a dark universe, but to bastardize that character like that should have raised red flags from the moment Man of Steel hit theaters.

I loved Ben Affleck as Batman infinitely more from scene 1 than I ever felt about Cavill's SuperBland. Seriously, nail Supes characterization and I'd argue WB would be in much better standing than they are now. Instead we got Sullenman.

Like, imagine if Iron Man botched Tony Stark's characterization. I'd argue Man of Steel had every bit the potential (probably moreso, people were already way more invested in Superman than they were in Iron Man in 2008) to launch WB's franchise like Iron Man did for Marvel, but it just didn't happen.

GloucesterChief 07-24-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13642570)
I think Snyder's biggest mistake was making ****ing Superman a miserable son of a *****.

Superman could easily handle a dark universe, but to bastardize that character like that should have raised red flags from the moment Man of Steel hit theaters.

I loved Ben Affleck as Batman infinitely more from scene 1 than I ever felt about Cavill's SuperBland. Seriously, nail Supes characterization and I'd argue WB would be in much better standing than they are now. Instead we got Sullenman.

Like, imagine if Iron Man botched Tony Stark's characterization. I'd argue Man of Steel had every bit the potential (probably moreso, people were already way more invested in Superman than they were in Iron Man in 2008) to launch WB's franchise like Iron Man did for Marvel, but it just didn't happen.

Suicide squad suffered from a schizophrenic tone and too many characters. They should of done something more down to Earth and a reason why Waller would call supervillains rather than the people she had files one. I for one would of stole from the comics and had Cheshire steal a US nuclear weapon and hold some country, Qurac, for ransom.

That is something you don't want people you don't control fully knowing about.

kysirsoze 07-24-2018 08:10 PM

The only decent DC movie of this crop is Wonder Woman and even that is wildly overrated. I think people were so excited to see a fun, coherent movie that they went nuts for it. (Plus the female lead angle gave it a boost)

This looks totally ****ing brain dead and more of what we got in Justice League. It could, however be a fun brand of brain dead with James Wan directing so I'm holding out hope for that.

notorious 07-24-2018 08:28 PM

I can't get excited for Aquaman. Sorry.

Rams Fan 07-24-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13642476)
So Atlantis is essentially White Wakanda?

And for the record, I still think the constant need to bitch about the DC Universe is stupid. Apart from Suicide Squad, those movies have ranged from tolerably brainless to genuinely good.

And if this has as much Amber Heard in it as it appears, I'm on board. I mean, I know she has to have contracted some of Johnny Depp's various diseases and terminal crazy, but still - that girl's good lookin' right there. Not sure the fake red hair works, but whatever.

Batman vs Superman is the worst movie of this DC Universe.

It is an absolute abomination.

ThaVirus 07-24-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13642877)
I can't get excited for Aquaman. Sorry.

Aquaman is awesome now.

Actually, he's been awesome since at least the Justice League Unlimited cartoon in the early 2000s.

DJ's left nut 07-25-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 13642888)
Batman vs Superman is the worst movie of this DC Universe.

It is an absolute abomination.

The extended cut was pretty decent. The theatrical release took out some parts that were pretty necessary for the movie, IMO.

The extended cut is damn long and I can understand how someone that has seen the regular release wouldn't want to sit through a longer version of it, but if you want to see what the filmmakers were actually trying to do there (and, IMO, actually did pretty well), try to find some time to watch the extended cut. I think they call it the Directors Edition or something like that.

It's a worthwhile endeavor.

DJ's left nut 07-25-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 13642842)
The only decent DC movie of this crop is Wonder Woman and even that is wildly overrated. I think people were so excited to see a fun, coherent movie that they went nuts for it. (Plus the female lead angle gave it a boost)

This looks totally ****ing brain dead and more of what we got in Justice League. It could, however be a fun brand of brain dead with James Wan directing so I'm holding out hope for that.

Justice League had the same problem that a lot of Marvel movies had - just an incredible wrote, bland villain. But I thought the 'league' was pretty good; well casted and well performed. They could put a little more effort into grumbly cyborg guy next time (the CGI looked dated from the moment the movie came out), but otherwise it falls in the same "okay - this is fine' sort of realm for me and with some genuinely interesting parts.

Then again, I don't hate Cavill's superman as much as everyone else does. And I really liked the optimistic sort of turn he took into what I would consider the 'golden age' Superman when he returned.

I thought Justice League was a nice step in the right direction but I'm betting they lose Affleck before they really find strong purchase.

ModSocks 07-25-2018 11:07 AM

Still waiting on a decent Spawn reboot.... Maybe even a Batman vs Spawn...

https://i.imgur.com/PPu09df.jpg

The Franchise 07-25-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13643574)

****ing yes please.

Just Passin' By 07-25-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13642476)
Apart from Suicide Squad, those movies have ranged from tolerably brainless to genuinely good.

No, but thinking that is where your problem lies. Even the studio acknowledges, by its actions, that the movies have been crap.

Tribal Warfare 07-25-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13643574)

Recently, Jaime Fox has signed on

keg in kc 07-25-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13643803)
Recently, Jaime Fox has signed on

Jeremy Renner, too. As Twitch.

Chiefspants 07-25-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13643520)
Justice League had the same problem that a lot of Marvel movies had - just an incredible wrote, bland villain. But I thought the 'league' was pretty good; well casted and well performed. They could put a little more effort into grumbly cyborg guy next time (the CGI looked dated from the moment the movie came out), but otherwise it falls in the same "okay - this is fine' sort of realm for me and with some genuinely interesting parts.

Then again, I don't hate Cavill's superman as much as everyone else does. And I really liked the optimistic sort of turn he took into what I would consider the 'golden age' Superman when he returned.

I thought Justice League was a nice step in the right direction but I'm betting they lose Affleck before they really find strong purchase.

Justice League and Whedon's Supes (CGI no stache aside) were a definite improvement from the previous entries in the franchise.

Sure-Oz 11-19-2018 12:29 PM

Final trailer. I'm ready.

@aquamanmovie: See the final trailer for #Aquaman now and dive into a never before seen epic adventure - in theaters December 21. Get advance tickets: http://www.Fandango.com/AquamanMovie https://twitter.com/aquamanmovie/sta...637952/video/1

Gravedigger 11-19-2018 03:12 PM

I was already going to go see this movie, this just hypes it up a notch for me.

DJ's left nut 11-19-2018 03:22 PM

3 things.

1) I would still be more likely to see this movie if there were just 10 minutes of Amber Heard getting railed somewhere in there. They could tastefully integrate it into the plot - I'm fine with that.

2) I was watching the first Tim Burton Batman (Keaton) and realized that I've gotten 'origin story' fatigue. That movie started and Batman was just Batman. I guess there was some Joker origin in there but I didn't need to spend 40 minutes watching the hero build the batcave. I think audiences have kinda come to demand that in these massive universes but I kinda liked the 'hey - here's your superhero, enjoy' approach.

3) I don't like Willem DeFoe. I feel like I want to like him and I'm a bad moviegoer for not liking him. But I didn't even really care for him in John Wick. He's going to be chewing scenery at his own funeral; just over-acts something awful.

Fish 11-19-2018 03:29 PM

<iframe width="869" height="652" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eI3uFgRVFuI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 11-20-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13901016)
3 things.

1) I would still be more likely to see this movie if there were just 10 minutes of Amber Heard getting railed somewhere in there. They could tastefully integrate it into the plot - I'm fine with that.

2) I was watching the first Tim Burton Batman (Keaton) and realized that I've gotten 'origin story' fatigue. That movie started and Batman was just Batman. I guess there was some Joker origin in there but I didn't need to spend 40 minutes watching the hero build the batcave. I think audiences have kinda come to demand that in these massive universes but I kinda liked the 'hey - here's your superhero, enjoy' approach.

3) I don't like Willem DeFoe. I feel like I want to like him and I'm a bad moviegoer for not liking him. But I didn't even really care for him in John Wick. He's going to be chewing scenery at his own funeral; just over-acts something awful.

1) Yes. God yes. She has an untethered sexual attraction to her. Hell yes. (Just try not to think about her jumping up and down on Johnny Depp's crazy ass to keep the insta-boner alive)

2) I think this is yet another angle where Marvel is way ahead of the curve over DC. In Infinity War, Thanos' Black Order were just part of the story without us knowing the who, what, when and where. I liked that, a lot. I hope they choose to do that more and more as new characters get introduced. You could kind of argue that Spiderman got the same treatment when he jumped ship to the Marvel Universe in Civil War, even if we all already knew THAT particular Spiderman's story. Incidentally, that was one of my personal problems with Justice League - so much backstory when we all know the stories.

3)https://media.tenor.co/images/f6448d...4fe7d6a948/raw

seaofred 11-21-2018 10:25 AM

I think in Justice League they had to do the back story thing. The DC universe just isn't as developed as Marvels to most audiences.

Valiant 11-21-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13900994)
I was already going to go see this movie, this just hypes it up a notch for me.

Going to be crap. Spawn movie where spawn is rarely seen. Reason why Todd has never put his money where his mouth is. 25mil is chump change for him but yet he needs other to finance it? It will flop.

The Franchise 11-21-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 13908485)
Going to be crap. Spawn movie where spawn is rarely seen. Reason why Todd has never put his money where his mouth is. 25mil is chump change for him but yet he needs other to finance it? It will flop.

He was talking Aquaman.

sully1983 11-23-2018 05:11 PM

this Aquaman movie looks so absurd & over the top that it might just be really entertaining . **** it, I'm seeing this one in IMAX

Sure-Oz 11-23-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 13911097)
this Aquaman movie looks so absurd & over the top that it might just be really entertaining . **** it, I'm seeing this one in IMAX

90% of the movie was shot in imax per wan. It looks great...the final trailer was solid

Hawk 11-27-2018 12:55 AM

Early buzz is pretty good on this. I'll see it for sure. Of course my wife would make sure of that, she'd leave me for Jason Momoa in a heartbeat!

Coochie liquor 11-27-2018 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13901030)
<iframe width="869" height="652" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eI3uFgRVFuI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why is Scott Hall raping the woman?

Sure-Oz 11-27-2018 11:43 AM

Aquaman getting positive social media feedback. No official reviews yet.

@BatmanNewsCom: The embargo on social reactions to Aquaman has lifted and the comments are pouring in. So far? It's looking really, really positive and we're thrilled.

https://batman-news.com/2018/11/26/a...ial-reactions/

@andrewbdyce: Aquaman is a breathtakingly beautiful, weird, badass, FUN idea of a modern superhero fantasy (anime) and makes zero apologies. Second half's one cheer/laugh after another.

Imagine '80s Schwarzenegger starring in "Hideo Kojima's AVATAR" and you're most of the way there. #Aquaman https://twitter.com/andrewbdyce/stat...430720/photo/1

@GermainLussier: Aquaman is a big, fun, wild ride. It’s unabashedly melodramatic and over the top with the largest, most ambitious sense of scale imaginable. Parts of it are kind of bad but they are not the majority and, oddly, still fit in with the cartoony tone. 2nd best DCU movie. YEEEAAHH! https://twitter.com/GermainLussier/s...614720/photo/1

@elmayimbe: #Aquaman is AWESOME & absolutely delivers! Not only is @prideofgyypsies the King of Atlantis, but also the newly crowned King of the DCEU! [emoji823][emoji146] I can't wait to see it again! https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status...330817/video/1

ChiefsCountry 11-27-2018 12:03 PM

Ari is going to be pissed that Vinny isn't Aquaman.

O.city 11-27-2018 12:08 PM

You know, I've been rewatching some of the DC stuff on HBO and TNT recently to kill time, they're not bad.

I enjoyed Justice League, Wonder Woman is a good flick with Gal being just frickin beautiful.

I would like to believe in another life in the multiverse somewhere i'm married to a smoking hot Israeli.

Sure-Oz 11-27-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13916501)
You know, I've been rewatching some of the DC stuff on HBO and TNT recently to kill time, they're not bad.

I enjoyed Justice League, Wonder Woman is a good flick with Gal being just frickin beautiful.

I would like to believe in another life in the multiverse somewhere i'm married to a smoking hot Israeli.

I'd rate the best DC movies so far are Wonder Woman, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition, Justice League, Suicide Squad. The theatrical bvs is garbage.

I expect Aquaman and Shazam to be in the top 3 soon. Atleast imo. I'm very excited for Aquaman.

DJ's left nut 11-27-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13916588)
I'd rate the best DC movies so far are Wonder Woman, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition, Justice League, Suicide Squad. The theatrical bvs is garbage.

I expect Aquaman and Shazam to be in the top 3 soon. Atleast imo. I'm very excited for Aquaman.

I mentioned that...probably in this thread.

BvS is actually pretty good with the ultimate edition.

That said....I fell asleep during Wonder Woman {ducks}.

I just...don't get it. I love period movies. I love smoking hot Israeli's. I like Chris Pine and really wanted to like it. It just didn't get there for me. It wasn't a Suicide Squad level piece of shit (that's really among the worst movies I've ever seen), but I never thought it was that great either.

I just have a far different outlook on the DC movies than most, I think. I liked Man of Steel thought he last 10 minutes of just wanton carnage became laughably ridiculous. I thought DC did a nice job, though, of responding to that by making it a central component to the Superman story going forward; the dude's best intentions are still capable of causing trillions of dollars in damage/economic upheaval and costing thousands of lives.

I very much doubt that was the original intent of the ending of that movie, but they did a nice job of incorporating that shortcoming into the DC Universe and trying to turn it on its head.

BigRichard 11-27-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13916793)
I mentioned that...probably in this thread.

BvS is actually pretty good with the ultimate edition.

That said....I fell asleep during Wonder Woman {ducks}.

I just...don't get it. I love period movies. I love smoking hot Israeli's. I like Chris Pine and really wanted to like it. It just didn't get there for me. It wasn't a Suicide Squad level piece of shit (that's really among the worst movies I've ever seen), but I never thought it was that great either.

I just have a far different outlook on the DC movies than most, I think. I liked Man of Steel thought he last 10 minutes of just wanton carnage became laughably ridiculous. I thought DC did a nice job, though, of responding to that by making it a central component to the Superman story going forward; the dude's best intentions are still capable of causing trillions of dollars in damage/economic upheaval and costing thousands of lives.

I very much doubt that was the original intent of the ending of that movie, but they did a nice job of incorporating that shortcoming into the DC Universe and trying to turn it on its head.

WW was OK at best. But it was a woman so it was the best movie ever for so many people. I felt the same thing with Black Panther. It was probably a little better than WW but it still wasn't that great either. I felt because it was an all black cast(minus one or two exceptions) you got all the hype and pressure to say it was this great movie.

Bowser 11-27-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13916501)

This could be you!

https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress...al-gadot-b.jpg

Or maybe you could be Chris Pine in your next life and earn this look from Gal Gadot…
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3ohzdVlJm9pCQP96PC" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/wonder-woman-chris-pine-gal-gadot-3ohzdVlJm9pCQP96PC">via GIPHY</a></p>

DJ's left nut 11-28-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13916819)
WW was OK at best. But it was a woman so it was the best movie ever for so many people. I felt the same thing with Black Panther. It was probably a little better than WW but it still wasn't that great either. I felt because it was an all black cast(minus one or two exceptions) you got all the hype and pressure to say it was this great movie.

I could never get past the most advanced society in the world having war rhinos and LITERALLY CHUCKING SPEARS!

I'll give it credit for having the most compelling conflict of all the Marvel series and Michael B. Jordan kicks significant amounts of ass. But apart from that it was just another comic book movie but with more vibrant colors. Take the race thing out of it and I think it is viewed as a good Marvel movie but not this masterpiece that it was being portrayed as. I mean FFS, there's an okay chance it gets best picture. That's just nutty.

O.city 11-29-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13917294)
This could be you!

Or maybe you could be Chris Pine in your next life and earn this look from Gal Gadot…
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3ohzdVlJm9pCQP96PC" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/wonder-woman-chris-pine-gal-gadot-3ohzdVlJm9pCQP96PC">via GIPHY</a></p>

Yeah, she just.....does something for me.

Man. She's just unreal. Even in sweats. :harumph:

sully1983 11-30-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13911318)
90% of the movie was shot in imax per wan. It looks great...the final trailer was solid

Good to know man! Will definitely be checking this shit out in IMAX on Dec 21st in IMAX. Cannot wait

Gravedigger 11-30-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13917294)
This could be you!

The funniest thing about that look is she catches herself and looks away like "FOCUS!"

Buehler445 11-30-2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13924114)
The funniest thing about that look is she catches herself and looks away like "FOCUS!"

That is funny as ****.

Discuss Thrower 12-01-2018 02:16 PM

Not saying Pine isn't attractive.. but shouldn't Gal have better standards as for who she directs a lip bite at?

Sure-Oz 12-02-2018 08:23 PM

Saw the trailer for this in the theater today. Damn it got me pumped. It looked incredible on the big screen

Al Bundy 12-03-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13931245)
Saw the trailer for this in the theater today. Damn it got me pumped. It looked incredible on the big screen

I agree, I saw it before Halloween and yeah I'm ready.

sully1983 12-03-2018 03:28 PM

FTR , Pine in real life (literally ) seems like his Captain Kirk role in Star Trek . In other words, dude is a full on P.I.M.P.

Google "Olivia Munn's texts to Chris Pine" (NSFW for sure haha)

Amnorix 12-03-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13924114)

Or "shit, I'm married!! With a kid!!!!"

But yeah, she's damn near drooling and it's hilarious. She's also just plain cute as hell.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VBYEctYa8II" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skyy God 12-03-2018 06:15 PM

How’s Vince Chase look, guys??

Sure-Oz 12-11-2018 02:18 PM

RT 78% so far on 46 reviews

I've heard it's a blast.

Sure-Oz 12-11-2018 02:43 PM

This review ... SMH
@harleivy: aquaman got a 78% score on rotten tomatoes which is Great but this review is taking me the **** out... imagine going to see a movie called AQUAMAN and then complaining there's too much water, sea creatures and CGI in it lmfaooooo https://twitter.com/harleivy/status/...367809/photo/1

BigRichard 12-11-2018 03:04 PM

Prime members...
https://www.techspot.com/news/77494-...e-members.html