ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Drink of choice tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490)

keg in kc 10-28-2005 11:03 PM

I've got some bass and guinness hybernating in the fridge. Saving it for Sunday. Then, no more alcohol for the remainder of 2005. I'm dropping this last fucking 20 pounds. I'm tired of it.

Mr. Kotter 10-28-2005 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNextStep
Oh, nothing in particular. Anything other than "Uncle Scott, he said 'stupid'" or "Hey, don't take my popcorn!"

We can talk football or music or tell bad jokes, I don't friggin' care. Where's the rest of the night crew?

Good to see you, too.

Are your boys turning the corner. They seem to be playin' better; gettin' some breaks.

Miles 10-28-2005 11:05 PM

Quote:

I went cheap tonight and bought Michelob Amber Bock.

For cheap beer, it's pretty good.

Yeah its not bad at all for the price. Especially if the store are bar you are at has a bad selection.

Mr. Kotter 10-28-2005 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
I've got some bass and guinness hybernating in the fridge. Saving it for Sunday. Then, no more alcohol for the remainder of 2005. I'm dropping this last fucking 20 pounds. I'm tired of it.

Eh, good for you. One of these days....maybe I'll join you. I'm not inclined at the moment though. :shake:

TheNextStep 10-28-2005 11:06 PM

No, my guys aren't turning the corner. They're going to be much tougher on offense now that we've finally freakin' realized that running the ball is a good thing... but losing Woodson, Gibson, and Walker for extended periods in the space of one game is going to take it's toll.

Your guys are looking good, though I'm still not a believer in your defense at all.

keg in kc 10-28-2005 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Eh, good for you. One of these days....maybe I'll join you. I'm not inclined at the moment though.

That's what it comes to...inclination. I want to be under 200 pounds enough now that I'm willing to do what it takes.

Once I finish this burger, the half dozen beers and the whole pan pizza in the fridge, that is.

Laugh.

keg in kc 10-28-2005 11:10 PM

Quote:

Your guys are looking good, though I'm still not a believer in your defense at all.

Nothing to be a believer in at this point. They're still a work in progress. The question is how much progress (if any) will there be...

Mr. Kotter 10-28-2005 11:11 PM

Quote:

No, my guys aren't turning the corner. They're going to be much tougher on offense now that we've finally freakin' realized that running the ball is a good thing... but losing Woodson, Gibson, and Walker for extended periods in the space of one game is going to take it's toll.

Yeah, I'd heard about the injuries; they never help. Hell though, we won a few 38-34, 41-38 type games these past few years. If your "O" starts firing, you'll win some games.

As for our "D," the honest among us are still in a hopeful and optimistic mood--but it's still wait and see.

KChiefsQT 10-28-2005 11:11 PM

Cosmopolitans and Chardonnay... half a season of sexy and the city.... wuith my best gal friends... and I'm in bed by 10:00. hahah.. you can call me gramma. sheeesh.

TheNextStep 10-28-2005 11:12 PM

Quote:

Laugh.

Quit bossin' me around, f***er!

The only dietary thing that I've been concerned with lately is my wife's proclivity to cookies and candies and cakes. Typically, my wife eats whatever and looks great... but since she got pregnant, HOLY SHIT, she seems to have cut fruits and vegetables out of her diet and replaced them with sweets.

I'm a little frightened... both of what will happen if I say something and of what will happen if I don't...

keg in kc 10-28-2005 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchiefsqt
and I'm in bed by 10:00.

Sooo...you're posting from bed.

< insert obligatory desperate 'what are you wearing?' post >

Mr. Kotter 10-28-2005 11:14 PM

Quote:

Quit bossin' me around, f***er!

The only dietary thing that I've been concerned with lately is my wife's proclivity to cookies and candies and cakes. Typically, my wife eats whatever and looks great... but since she got pregnant, HOLY SHIT, she seems to have cut fruits and vegetables out of her diet and replaced them with sweets.

I'm a little frightened... both of what will happen if I say something and of what will happen if I don't...

Shit, you must be married to my wife's sister. ROFL

:banghead:

TheNextStep 10-28-2005 11:15 PM

Quote:

Shit, you must be married to my wife's sister. ROFL

:banghead:

For your sake, I hope not, man. I got the hot one...

keg in kc 10-28-2005 11:16 PM

Quote:

she seems to have cut fruits and vegetables out of her diet and replaced them with sweets.

That's my problem. When I get busy (October was busy for me...), I get tired, and when I get tired, I get lazy with my eating. So fruits and vegatables go out the door in favor of fast food and sugar.

I need to learn how to *not* do that. Because it's a vicious circle really; I get tired, and eating stuff like that, while it may...comfort me, for lack of a better word, being comfort food, it doesn't help me feel better in any way. It just wears and weighs me down.
Quote:

I can only imagine. I have enough trouble dealing with "normal" women, I can't imagine what it would be like with one even more hormonally challenged.

KChiefsQT 10-28-2005 11:17 PM

Quote:

Sooo...you're posting from bed.

< insert obligatory desperate 'what are you wearing?' post >

Yes, lap tops are wonderful. Saves me from a broken back... I hate sitting for a long time.m

<Nothin exciting .. I prmise, winter pajamas...boring but ohhh sooo warm>

Mr. Kotter 10-28-2005 11:18 PM

Quote:

For your sake, I hope not, man. I got the hot one...

ROFL

Maybe they were twins separated at birth then; she's still zips my zipper....most nights she could anyway.

keg in kc 10-28-2005 11:19 PM

I'm having fun with my new wireless mouse. I can't believe I waited so long to buy one of these.

Mr. Kotter 10-28-2005 11:20 PM

Quote:

I'm having fun with my new wireless mouse....

:spock:

That doesn't sound right, man....

TheNextStep 10-28-2005 11:20 PM

Keg - you want to know the best damned thing you can do to get vegetables back into your diet (my opinion, anyway, since it worked for me)?

Buy one of those $25 Black & Decker steamers. Pour some water in, put fresh veggies is, set it for 15 minutes.

Dude, I had almost no vegetables in my diet for years until we bought this f***ing thing. Now, not only do I eat vegetables, but I honestly like them. As a bonus, steamed salmon is a snap, too, so fish is back in my diet as well.

I mean, seriously, it couldn't be more simple.

Sorry if that unsolicited advice is unwarranted or offensive. I didn't mean it to be that way at all.

keg in kc 10-28-2005 11:21 PM

Quote:

That doesn't sound right, man....

It sounded better than the original "I'm in love with my new wireless mouse".

keg in kc 10-28-2005 11:23 PM

And the very best thing for eating fruits and vegetables is to acknowledge the fact that I'm a lazy son-of-a-bitch when it comes to slicing up stuff, so while it costs more initially, I'm much, much better off buying pre-cleaned/-sliced produce. Because I'm much more likely to actually eat it. Whereas, if I buy stuff whole, it just rots in my fridge.

Mr. Kotter 10-28-2005 11:23 PM

Quote:

It sounded better than the original "I'm in love with my new wireless mouse".

Good call. ROFL

Good night guys. My youngest daughter has her fourth BD tomorrow. And I'm gettin up early to take her to breakfast, before her older brothers mess up the day for her. :rolleyes:

Archie F. Swin 10-28-2005 11:24 PM

George Killian's Irish Red

TheNextStep 10-28-2005 11:24 PM

G'Night, Kotter... and happy birthday to the little princess.

TheNextStep 10-28-2005 11:25 PM

See, I'm bad about eating fruit... but ever since we bought that steamer, I'm a freakin' veggie-fanatic.

keg in kc 10-28-2005 11:29 PM

I love eating fruits and vegetables. Next week, I'm considering going vegetarian for 5 days, in fact, to clean all the fast food out of my system.

That's one thing that I've learned. I'm not sure why, maybe it's the MSG, but there's something inherently addictive about bad food. But once I stop eating it for a few days, the craving just goes away.

Mr. Kotter 10-28-2005 11:29 PM

Quote:

G'Night, Kotter... and happy birthday to the little princess.

Night, Next. Night, Kyle.

keg in kc 10-28-2005 11:32 PM

Sleep well, dude.

TheNextStep 10-28-2005 11:33 PM

Actually, I think I'm about done, too. Those kids wore me out more than I thought they did. I just finished my second beer and I'm yawning as if I hadn't slept in a week.

Let this be a lesson - To hell with watching 4 and 5 year olds and trying to give them adult supervision. Just throw them in a room, put on a Disney movie, and may the strongest survive!

'Night y'all!

keg in kc 10-28-2005 11:38 PM

Have a good night.

I'm going to finish watching Superman II (I used to think this movie was good?!?) and then I'm going to...do something. Not sure what.

luv 10-29-2005 12:06 AM

JELLO SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wild berry ( I like blue)...heavy on the vodka. Nice and warm doing down, yet it jiggles too!

keg in kc 10-29-2005 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2rite
Nice and warm doing down, yet it jiggles too!

Must...show...restraint.

luv 10-29-2005 12:12 AM

Quote:

Must...show...restraint.

Why? :shrug:

Give me all ya got! :p

Biohazard 10-29-2005 12:13 AM

Quote:

Have a good night.

I'm going to finish watching Superman II (I used to think this movie was good?!?) and then I'm going to...do something. Not sure what.

What ever you do, do it good and if its real good take pictures!:D

luv 10-29-2005 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biohazard
What ever you do, do it good and if its real good take pictures!:D

GOD NO!!!

If he wanted to scare people, he should work at a haunted house or something. :p

keg in kc 10-29-2005 12:14 AM

I'm kinder. Gentler. Less salacious.

Biohazard 10-29-2005 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2rite
GOD NO!!!

If he wanted to scare people, he should work at a haunted house or something. :p

Oh now.

keg in kc 10-29-2005 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biohazard
What ever you do, do it good and if its real good take pictures!

I'm sure everyone's real interested in action photos of me watching Sideways or reading a book or writing or playing a video game. That's pretty much tonight's menu.

luv 10-29-2005 12:18 AM

Quote:

I'm sure everyone's real interested in action photos of me watching Sideways or reading a book or writing or playing a video game. That's pretty much tonight's menu.

Mine's leftover spaghetti. Hello carbs! :thumb:

keg in kc 10-29-2005 12:25 AM

Pizza for me.

I'll jog it off tomorrow. Or not.

keg in kc 10-29-2005 12:30 AM

I'd forgotten how good this flick is. Might have to watch Swingers next.

SLAG 10-29-2005 01:43 AM

Quote:

I'd forgotten how good this flick is. Might have to watch Swingers next.

Swingers is Excellent....

I had a Bass On tap up at the Mongolian BBQ

KcMizzou 10-29-2005 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
Swingers is Excellent....

I love Swingers. The Sega Hockey scene cracks me up. And the (many) calls to the girl.

Good stuff.

Miles 10-29-2005 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
I love Swingers. The Sega Hockey scene cracks me up. And the (many) calls to the girl.

Good stuff.

Its been too long since i have seen that one. Love the Hockey scene and the delivery guy bit. Lots of classic stuff in that movie.

Miles 10-29-2005 02:18 AM

Anyone still up drinking? Just opened up some more shit.

SLAG 10-29-2005 02:23 AM

im thinking about having a shot of evan

FloridaChief 10-29-2005 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
Anyone still up drinking?

Oh yea...

Miles 10-29-2005 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaChief
Oh yea...

Just wondering, since you have some nice taste in classic rock. I have been listening to King Crimsons first album recently and was wondering what other ones to check out.

FloridaChief 10-29-2005 02:50 AM

Quote:

Just wondering, since you have some nice taste in classic rock. I have been listening to King Crimsons first album recently and was wondering what other ones to check out.

That's a great record [ITCOTCK], but I haven't heard any other King Crimson albums. I've heard that the follow-up LP was pretty good (In The Wake Of Posideon) but was kinda a carbon copy of their debut. I dunno, but if that's true...guess anyone who liked In The Court...would enjoy In The Wake...

Rausch 10-29-2005 03:04 AM

Case 0 Natty light.

9 more and I'll complete the set.

Or pass out.

Or get the munchies and drive to McD's...

Miles 10-29-2005 03:09 AM

Damn just went out and the fucking gas station across the street is closed so i cant go buy some smokes.

Rausch 10-29-2005 03:15 AM

Quote:

Damn just went out and the fucking gas station across the street is closed so i cant go buy some smokes.

You are a failure to the Sacred Hearts Addiction Club...

Miles 10-29-2005 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
You are a failure to the Sacred Hearts Addiction Club...

Yeah I know i am. Failure to plan ahead is not a good reason.

Mr. Kotter 11-04-2005 04:46 PM

Starting with Spaten Opimator in a bit. Still have a couple left from 37Forever weekend.

Saulbadguy 11-04-2005 04:47 PM

The little lady and I will probably hit up Old Chicago tonight, so I can continue onward with my WBT.

SLAG 11-04-2005 04:50 PM

No drink tonight Can you say BLUNT

Sully 11-04-2005 04:54 PM

Miller Lite to take the edge off, then slipping into some nice Boulevard Pale Ale.

sedated 11-04-2005 04:54 PM

Quote:

I'll be at SLAG02's house tonight PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

Mr. Kotter 11-04-2005 04:54 PM

Quote:

Blunt.

Mr. Kotter 11-04-2005 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
The little lady and I will probably hit up Old Chicago tonight, so I can continue onward with my WBT.

I like Old Chicago a lot. For chains, next to Buffalo Wild Wings.....it's right there.

Saulbadguy 11-04-2005 04:56 PM

Quote:

I like Old Chicago a lot. For chains, next to Buffalo Wild Wings.....it's right there.

Same here. I like BW3 ok, but its way too expensive for everything.

SLAG 11-04-2005 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated
I'll be at SLAG02's house tonight PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

C'mon over :bong:

mike_b_284 11-04-2005 05:01 PM

Negro Modelo w/ lime, possibly followed by some Henny on the rocks. If I'm feeling onrey maybe some Jameson

Spicy McHaggis 11-04-2005 05:01 PM

Tonight I'll probably just being doing the poker thing with the buddies so I'll stick to whiskey on the rocks. Maybe have a Godfather or two.

Tomorrow its my friends 21st and he wants everyone to do Edward 40 Hands with him until we hit the bars. I'm putting the over-under on him being completely ferschnickered around 7:30 tomorrow evening. And if KU beats Nebraska tomorrow I'll beat him to it.

HemiEd 11-04-2005 05:07 PM

I will be pretty late getting started tonight, :D

StcChief 11-04-2005 05:08 PM

Oktoberfest Microbrew

SLAG 11-04-2005 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nm_dbf
Oktoberfest Microbrew

is a microbrew anything like Microeconomics?

Mr. Kotter 11-04-2005 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nm_dbf
Oktoberfest Microbrew

:toast:

StcChief 11-04-2005 10:51 PM

Quote:

:toast:

Good place after work with Wings.

http://beerme.com/breweries/us/mo/9036.shtml

Lists only there all season beers.

Their Oktoberfest is very smooth.

Lurch 11-04-2005 11:43 PM

Tequila Sunrise.

KChiefsQT 11-04-2005 11:49 PM

Orange Kool-Aid. Yeah I'm lame.. but I have the niece tonight. No liquor for me. :harumph:

Crow 11-04-2005 11:51 PM

Grey Goose Vodka with some of that Nestle lemon flavored water.

Hardcore Raider fan, eh?

Lurch 11-05-2005 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow
Grey Goose Vodka with some of that Nestle lemon flavored water.

Hardcore Raider fan, eh?

No. Bacardi 151 shooters would be a hardcore Raider fan.

Crow 11-05-2005 12:27 AM

151 is in the same category as Jack Daniels and Jim Beam. Drank way too much as a young dummy. I can't even stand the smell of Jim anymore. Retch.

luv 11-05-2005 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch
No. Bacardi 151 shooters would be a hardcore Raider fan.

Oooooo...I love Hurricane 151's. But I'm not any kind of Raider's fan.

Tonight, I'm sticking to homemade jello shots and bud light.

Miles 11-05-2005 01:16 AM

Just got back from the bars and all i have around here is wine so i guess I'll drink some.

chuxtrux 11-05-2005 02:43 AM

i drank beer, then i puked, then i drank more beer, then a shot of something, now i go pass out, lataz

onescrewleftuntwisted 11-05-2005 02:45 AM

i just got off work, couple of nattys and im going beddy bye

jidar 11-05-2005 02:51 AM

It started out as vodka martinis, bt now it's just vodka on the rocks.

Miles 11-05-2005 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidar
It started out as vodka martinis, bt now it's just vodka on the rocks.

What kind of Vodka are you dinkin?