ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who's making the drive for the game tomorrow? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320286)

Simplicity 01-11-2019 10:18 PM

Who's making the drive for the game tomorrow?

Some buddies and I have spontaneously bought 4 tickets for section 310 due to the prices being more affordable for us college students (the weather does have its perks)... We are making the trip down from Cedar Falls, IA and I'm a little bit curious if anyone else on here is making a 4-5 hour trip to the game. If so what time ya'll departing and where from? I am nervous about the drive down due to the weather KC is and will be experiencing but this will be my 2nd trip like this as I was in attendance for the Chiefs/Steelers divisional game when there was worry about ice and road conditions. So just curious who else in braving the drive down (or up)!!

Nickhead 01-11-2019 10:20 PM

i for one won't be making the drive :cuss: :D

Bugeater 01-11-2019 10:28 PM

I've always wanted to visit Cedar Falls, they have what appears to be a pretty nice bike trail system.

007 01-11-2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 14025797)

If you rent an aircraft carrier, you could drive the entire way. In circles of course.

Simplicity 01-11-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14025810)
I've always wanted to visit Cedar Falls, they have what appears to be a pretty nice bike trail system.

It's a great a community as long as you don't venture over to Waterloo. I don't do much biking but I fish quite a bit and have noticed plenty of bike trails around the ponds and the lake in town. Seems to be some hot trails as I always see cyclists on them.

Simplicity 01-11-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 14025797)

Trump hasn't demanded for a bridge to be built between Aus and the US yet?? :cuss:

Bugeater 01-11-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 14025824)
It's a great a community as long as you don't venture over to Waterloo. I don't do much biking but I fish quite a bit and have noticed plenty of bike trails around the ponds and the lake in town. Seems to be some hot trails as I always see cyclists on them.

What's wrong with Waterloo? I mean it's in Iowa...how bad can it be?

KS Smitty 01-11-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 14025796)
Some buddies and I have spontaneously bought 4 tickets for section 310 due to the prices being more affordable for us college students (the weather does have its perks)... We are making the trip down from Cedar Falls, IA and I'm a little bit curious if anyone else on here is making a 4-5 hour trip to the game. If so what time ya'll departing and where from? I am nervous about the drive down due to the weather KC is and will be experiencing but this will be my 2nd trip like this as I was in attendance for the Chiefs/Steelers divisional game when there was worry about ice and road conditions. So just curious who else in braving the drive down (or up)!!

You're from Iowa, it should be a piece of cake.

Simplicity 01-11-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14025832)

Lol! I mean its probably not THAT bad but its the local stereotype that Waterloo is the more scummy/dirty of the two communities. Also their roads are terrible and don't get much care.

Simplicity 01-11-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 14025842)
You're from Iowa, it should be a piece of cake.

The Expert Driver title comes standard issue with the drivers license!

Edit: I was always curious if the KC area and surrounding areas overreact with snow storms due to the fact they probably don't accumulate much snow compared to up here. Reading some of the KC area reports or warnings make it sound pretty serious.

ptlyon 01-11-2019 10:53 PM

Be safe man

Hammock Parties 01-11-2019 10:55 PM

A warning: the roads are very very nasty right now. I'm sure they will be better by morning but I'm guessing there will be some degree of freezing overnight.

Be careful.

Jewish Rabbi 01-11-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14025832)

Absolutely nothing. It’s just what UNI students who have never gone to Waterloo say.

ptlyon 01-11-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 14025875)
Absolutely nothing. It’s just what UNI students who have never gone to Waterloo say.

That's funny. And I'm from Iowa and never been to waterloo. And never want to honestly.

Simplicity 01-11-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14025874)
A warning: the roads are very very nasty right now. I'm sure they will be better by morning but I'm guessing there will be some degree of freezing overnight.

Be careful.

Thanks for the heads up, Clay! Yeah we will make sure to proceed with caution in the morning and make it down safe.