ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Intermittent Fasting (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313701)

MrGiggity 02-04-2018 04:04 AM

Intermittent Fasting

Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.

I have researched it quite a bit and am willing to give it a try. I will probably do the 16:8 plan. Sixteen hours fasting, eight hour window to eat. My plan, and it will probably change, is to eat two meals totaling around 1600 calories between 11 AM-7PM. I plan on drinking a shit ton of water to help and possible supplement an occasional caffeine pill in the morning.

eDave 02-04-2018 04:15 AM

I don't eat on Thursdays. All I do is drink beer. Then I just piss that out of my ass. So I get a poor mans colostomy to boot.

A clean colon is a happy colon.

lewdog 02-04-2018 04:55 AM

I’ve eaten this way for years now. My feeding window is noon to 8 pm. I workout mid afternoon after consuming a small 200-300 calorie “meal” to break my fast at noon.

NewChief 02-04-2018 07:01 AM

Tons of people on this board do it. Used to be a frequent topic on the workout thread.

People used to think we were nuts for doing it 5 years ago. Now it’s become a popular “diet.” Lots of ways to go about it. I do more alternate day fasting in the model of Eat Stop Eat by Brad Pilon with longer fasts (on true fast days I stop eating by 8pm night before and don’t eat until 7pm next day). Though I end up fasting most weekdays because I tend to just have more energy and feel better while fasted during the day

R8RFAN 02-04-2018 07:01 AM

I am back on the Keto Diet.... Very similar to Atkins. My blood glucose numbers have went up and I need to drop about 30 lbs as well. After about 8 days being on it my BG numbers are close to normal

Dr. Berg on Youtube... look him up

TambaBerry 02-04-2018 07:27 AM

Yep, currently doing the 16:8, working my way towards actually fasting where you don't eat for a day or longer. Still researching that because it feels weird to not eat at all.

BucEyedPea 02-04-2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggity (Post 13399702)
Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.

I do a fast once a week usually. Some weeks I am unable to.

Vegas_Dave 02-04-2018 08:23 AM

I've been doing a 5/2 intermittent fast since October... It's reset my sleep cycle and I've lost 40 lbs.

Pants 02-04-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13399737)
Yep, currently doing the 16:8, working my way towards actually fasting where you don't eat for a day or longer. Still researching that because it feels weird to not eat at all.

Not eating for 24 hours is actually pretty easy.

Your hunger will peak around your usual breakfast time and around lunch, but will go away after a while.

I've done 24 hours fasts many times and I feel like I could go for way longer after that 24th hour.

lewdog 02-04-2018 12:01 PM

I don’t see the need for a 24 hour fast but also nothing wrong with doing it.

Sometimes I’ll go 20 hours without eating if it’s a long day at work and I skip lunch. My feeding window then shrinks from 4-8 pm. I don’t do that often though.

58-4ever 02-04-2018 12:05 PM

Yep, If I'm doing 16:8, I generally don't gain any weight, regardless of what I eat. I can really slim down doing it if I eat well.

mnchiefsguy 02-04-2018 12:07 PM

There is a Canadian doctor, Jason Fung, who advocates IF for treatment of diabetes.

My current treatment regimen is not really controlling it, so I am considering this, but i would have to build up to it.

He has his worst diabetes patients fast for 7 to 21 days to start, then move either an every other day IF, or a 16:8 fasting window.

He wrote a book about it that I am currently starting on my kindle.

Fasting scares me, I tend to be a dick when I get really, really hungry, but I feel like I need to do something radical to help get my A1C and blood sugar down.

R Clark 02-04-2018 12:10 PM

Don't know shit about it,was concerned it could promote diabetes guess I was wrong about it

BWillie 02-04-2018 12:12 PM

I really don't understand fasting. I get you would not want to eat to lose weight (cuz, yanno, you aren't eating any calories during a fast), but what if you don't want to lose weight. Just want to be healthy. Why would you fast? Back when I read a lot about working out and nutrition 8 years ago, fasting seemed like a terrible idea. I'm willing to acknowledge there have been new studies and new schools of thought that has emerged, but not eating will promote fat storage. We were hunters and gatherers, perusing on whatever we can find. So when your body doesn't get what it is expecting, it goes into fat storage mode thinking the next feast might be difficult. Also, fasting then eating a bunch wouldn't be good for your insulin levels I wouldn't think. I had always read eating small meals very often was the absolute best way to have the least amount of fat storage and to maintain the best insulin levels. Why would this not be accurate?

R8RFAN 02-04-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13400041)
I really don't understand fasting. I get you would not want to eat to lose weight, but what if you don't want to lose weight. Just want to be healthy. Why would you fast? Back when I read a lot about working out and nutrition 8 years ago, fasting seemed like a terrible idea. I'm willing to acknowledge there have been new studies and new schools of thought that has emerged, but not eating will promote fat storage. We were hunters and gatherers, perusing on whatever we can find. So when your body doesn't get what it is expecting, it goes into fat storage mode thinking the next feast might be difficult. Also, fasting then eating a bunch wouldn't be good for your insulin levels I wouldn't think. I had always read eating small meals very often was the absolute best way to have the least amount of fat storage and to maintain the best insulin levels. Why would this not be accurate?

I think fasting forces the body to burn fat reserves instead of storing more