ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Willie Gay (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333887)

Mecca 09-28-2020 10:33 PM

Willie Gay

Don't know if it was noticed but pretty early on in this game he took over as the base defense will backer.

JakeF 09-28-2020 10:34 PM

I saw him a few times but they seem to be switching guys out all night long.

RockChalk 09-28-2020 10:36 PM

I noticed he was in far more often this week, but only because he bit hard on a couple of Jackson RPO's in the 3rd Quarter. Not saying that to be down on him at all, as he needs to play in games like this to get the experience.

BossChief 09-28-2020 10:37 PM

He looked completely lost a couple times.

Nice to see him getting reps, though.

htismaqe 09-29-2020 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15202030)
He looked completely lost a couple times.

Nice to see him getting reps, though.

Growing pains. Pretty obvious he still has work to do but at least he was on the field and didn't blow a big one.

warrior 09-29-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15202864)
Growing pains. Pretty obvious he still has work to do but at least he was on the field and didn't blow a big one.

Growing pains and lack of pre season-

mililo4cpa 09-29-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 15202025)
I noticed he was in far more often this week, but only because he bit hard on a couple of Jackson RPO's in the 3rd Quarter. Not saying that to be down on him at all, as he needs to play in games like this to get the experience.

This....the first time I noticed him (early 3rd Q), I texted a friend saying "Willie Gay sighting!", then he bit hard inside on a play fake and Jackson rolled right around the edge....

All in all though, it was good to see him on the field.

smithandrew051 09-29-2020 11:10 AM

As long as his playing time keeps increasing, I’m happy

Chris Meck 09-29-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mililo4cpa (Post 15203005)
This....the first time I noticed him (early 3rd Q), I texted a friend saying "Willie Gay sighting!", then he bit hard inside on a play fake and Jackson rolled right around the edge....

All in all though, it was good to see him on the field.

Yeah. To be fair, though, Jackson makes most people look like that.

Dunerdr 09-29-2020 01:09 PM

I believe i read he had 9 snaps earlier.

UChieffyBugger 09-29-2020 02:06 PM

I only saw him get beat by Jackson once (that happens). Also saw him read a decent play and help stop a run down the middle. As long as he keeps his head in the playbook and keeps getting snaps hopefully we'll see him starting games later in the season.

BossChief 09-29-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15202864)

Absolutely. I said before the season I don’t expect anything much from him till week 9-10 and I think that’s fair.

Kman34 09-29-2020 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15203644)
Absolutely. I said before the season I don’t expect anything much from him till week 9-10 and I think that’s fair.

Yeah.. probably thinking too much right now.. the game will slow down for him and he will be fine..

UChieffyBugger 09-30-2020 09:47 AM

RAINBOW aka Willie Gay jr had zero snaps in week one, six snaps in week two and then NINE snaps against the Ravens...so Spags is slowly working him into the rotation. A quick glance at the Ravens forum and you'll see those folks ripping Queen to shreds...some saying "he's just an athlete who runs fast" after he had a tough time against Mahomes and co. So it's just a matter of giving rainbow time.

htismaqe 09-30-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 15205520)
RAINBOW aka Willie Gay jr had zero snaps in week one, six snaps in week two and then NINE snaps against the Ravens...so Spags is slowly working him into the rotation. A quick glance at the Ravens forum and you'll see those folks ripping Queen to shreds...some saying "he's just an athlete who runs fast" after he had a tough time against Mahomes and co. So it's just a matter of giving rainbow time.

That exactly right. Fans don't usually have realistic expectations, especially about guys that are uniquely talented at a position of need.

Gay is getting there, he just needs time.