ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think it's gonna be Barkley. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266588)

Simply Red 11-13-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucifer (Post 9115743)
Bray will without a doubt be the best QB out of this class when they all retire from the nfl in 15-20 years.

completely reeruned.

keg in kc 11-13-2012 03:21 PM

Lee's the player you want from USC. Barkley's just kind of there.

alnorth 11-13-2012 03:30 PM

Barkley: 64.8 CMP%, 33 TD, 13 INT

Geno: 71.3 CMP%, 31 TD, 3 INT

Barkley's OL and surrounding cast is much better, he receives more protection and has more time to throw, and the teams he faced are about as tough or maybe slightly easier than the teams Geno faced. Geno is out-performing him. Geno also looks better. He has to make a decision quicker, and he makes fewer mistakes. The only concern is if Geno can adapt to an NFL offense.

Other than that, it really doesn't look like a tough decision to me. I wouldn't be pissed with Barkley, but I'm not picking him over Geno.

L.A. Chieffan 11-13-2012 03:38 PM

I watch a lot of SC games and Barkley is good theres no doubt about it. In the right system I think he could do very well.

tredadda 11-13-2012 03:41 PM

If we pick a QB at #1 (and we better draft one), it will be Barkley. He was projected to be a Top 10 if not a Top 5 pick last year in a class with Luck and RGIII. He has done nothing to lose ground, so he should easily be the #1 pick if it is us drafting first.

ChiefsCountry 11-13-2012 03:46 PM

Geno's numbers are little schewed by the non-conference games which were off the wall.

He is 67% in Big 12.
Barkley is 64% in PAC-12.

ModSocks 11-13-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9116040)
Geno's numbers are little schewed by the non-conference games which were off the wall.

He is 67% in Big 12.

What's Wilson's SEC #'s?

suds79 11-13-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9116018)
If we pick a QB at #1 (and we better draft one), it will be Barkley. He was projected to be a Top 10 if not a Top 5 pick last year in a class with Luck and RGIII. He has done nothing to lose ground, so he should easily be the #1 pick if it is us drafting first.

To be fair his year this year isn't on the same level of the #s he put up last year.

Coming into this year everybody was salivating over Tyler Wilson. Now people arn't so sure.

I'm just saying I don't think it's so clear cut.

I like Barkley but I expect come pro workout day when he's being evaluated vs the physical talents of Wilson & Smith, I think they'll make up some ground on him.

ChiefsCountry 11-13-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9116054)
What's Wilson's SEC #'s?

61%

mr. tegu 11-13-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9116054)
What's Wilson's SEC #'s?

61% Completion, 10 TD, 6 INTs.

Chris Meck 11-13-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9116059)
To be fair his year this year isn't on the same level of the #s he put up last year.

Coming into this year everybody was salivating over Tyler Wilson. Now people arn't so sure.

I'm just saying I don't think it's so clear cut.

I like Barkley but I expect come pro workout day when he's being evaluated vs the physical talents of Wilson & Smith, I think they'll make up some ground on him.

I don't think it's clear cut who's better either, and I'll be happy with either of the three as long as the new GM/Coaching staff/system is a good fit for their skillset. However, I think for a franchise that's been too chickenshit to draft a QB, Barkley looks like the no brainer choice. He's not likely to bust.

oldman 11-13-2012 03:57 PM

Just pick one. Maybe it's because I've seen more of him, but I like Wilson. I think I'll give Barkley the nod over Smith just because of the style of offense he plays in. Also take a late round flyer on Jordan Rodgers from Vanderbilt.

alnorth 11-13-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9116040)

He is 67% in Big 12.

Thats true, but Geno still has only 3 picks

DC.chief 11-13-2012 03:58 PM

I say take Barkley or Geno at 1 and i'm hoping we trade back up into the first and grab a big target for our new qb to work with. We all know Bowe is gone.

Or if we can manage to trade back up high enough to grab millner and then take a wr with our next pick. But that probably won't happen..

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 04:02 PM

Barkley has had some bad games this year, for sure. If he had come out last year, he'd have definitely been the 3rd QB in the Top Ten, if not the Top Five.

Word on the street here is that Lane Kiffin is a goner. Pat Haden and USC believe that Barkley has regressed and not improved this year and to them, the blame lies with Lane Kiffin. Their defense is absolutely loaded with talent but they're playing an antiquated scheme.

The bottom line is that Barkley is a mature young man with four years as a starting QB at a Top 25 school. He has all of the immeasurables you'd want in a QB including strong leadership and great character (in addition to respect of his teammates) and he's not lacking in any measurables. Sure, more arm strength would be nice but he's certainly not lacking in arm strength.

He'll need to go to a team willing to tailer a WCO offense around his skills and if so, should be a very good NFL QB. Unlike Sanchez and Leinart, Barkley LOVES football.

That said, I think it's silly to make any determination now. Wait until after bowl season, after the Combines and after a new GM and coaching staff is in place.