ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Tucson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320455)

mikeyis4dcats. 01-15-2019 10:09 AM

Tucson

Tell me about Tuscon, travelling there for work next week and staying at the JW Marriot. I'll be landing at 6:00pm MST Sunday, so where's the best place to try and catch the remainder of the game?

Also, anything fun I should try and do there over the next few days?

JoeyChuckles 01-15-2019 10:12 AM

I lived in Phoenix for a few years. Tucson is one of if not my least favorite city in the US.

If I remember correctly, it's pretty close to the Saguaro cactus park or monument though. At least the weather should be nice.

I'm sure Phoenicians will chime in.

DMAC 01-15-2019 10:14 AM

It's very pretty. There are several trails. Wear boots.

KCUnited 01-15-2019 10:15 AM

Pueblo Vida and Dragoon for beers.

That's all I got.

Frazod 01-15-2019 10:26 AM

I was down there in 2005. Flew into Phoenix and spent the first evening in Scottsdale before heading down to Tuscon. Of course, pretty much anywhere is going to suck compared to Scottsdale, but Tuscon seemed kind of dirty and run down. The weather was great - I was there in March.

One night we went to a large club - everybody was wearing cowboy clothes but listening to shitty hip hop dance music. It was awful, but also kind of surreal.

The coolest things we saw were Saguaro National Park and the airplane graveyard at Davis Monthan Air Force Base. I don't know if or how the airplane graveyard is accessible to civilians; I was the guest of the head of base security, so I didn't have any issues.

suzzer99 01-15-2019 10:33 AM

Is Saguaro shut down or still open?

If it's not open - the bio sphere 2 was a really cool tour. And there are some good local hikes. And the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is a really cool zoo of all the local animals.

Get a Sonoran Dog - amazing.

displacedinMN 01-15-2019 10:35 AM

do the Tuscon studio tour. Fun. A little touristy. but fun

displacedinMN 01-15-2019 10:36 AM

I did not go to Biosphere? Worth it or not??? I am a science teacher.

suzzer99 01-15-2019 10:44 AM

I thought it was really cool.

Did you go to the Desert Museum? I thought that was amazing. I've been twice.

Why Not? 01-15-2019 10:45 AM

Saguaro National is amazingly beautiful, especially at sunset. Sonoran Desert Museum is awesome. Ventana Canyon Resort is one of the nicest resorts I’ve ever stayed at and I grew up in Hawaii, so I’ve seen a resort or two. Otherwise, Tucson is a total shit hole and your best off watching the game in the safety of your room.

Why Not? 01-15-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14040559)

Did you go to the Desert Museum? I thought that was amazing. I've been twice.

They open it up at night on Saturdays throughout the summer. So great. We go every year.

scho63 01-15-2019 10:58 AM

JohnnyV lives in Tuscon

mikeyis4dcats. 01-15-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14040562)
Saguaro National is amazingly beautiful, especially at sunset. Sonoran Desert Museum is awesome. Ventana Canyon Resort is one of the nicest resorts I’ve ever stayed at and I grew up in Hawaii, so I’ve seen a resort or two. Otherwise, Tucson is a total shit hole and your best off watching the game in the safety of your room.

yeah, normally I'd go to the hotel, but it's a 30min cab ride, not sure I want to miss that much more of the game.

yeah, pretty much what I found on my own, much like Orlando, Tucson is an armpit.