ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Realistic expectations for Patrick Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315036)

TimBone 04-21-2018 04:51 PM

Realistic expectations for Patrick Mahomes

I know in the hearts of every planeteer, Mahomes has already led us to multiple Super Bowls, and that this whole career thing is just a formality before his HOF induction ceremony, but what is everyone realistically looking for from him this season?

Maybe I'm just letting my battered fan syndrome take over, but I feel like we need to pump the brakes a little bit. He looked solid against Denver, sure, but he's still just a second year guy that was pretty raw coming out of college.

So, what kind of numbers would everyone be happy with? What kind of things will you all be personally looking for from him?

Lastly, if you think I'm being a pussy and need to shut up and buckle up for the Mahomes show, please hit me with your best neg rep. The funnier the better.

RealSNR 04-21-2018 04:53 PM

Tribal Warfare 04-21-2018 04:54 PM

anything over 3600 yards and under 20 INTs I would consider a success statistically.

AssEaterChief 04-21-2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 13526297)
I know in the hearts of every planeteer, Mahomes has already led us to multiple Super Bowls, and that this whole career thing is just a formality before his HOF induction ceremony, but what is everyone realistically looking for from him this season?

Maybe I'm just letting my battered fan syndrome take over, but I feel like we need to pump the brakes a little bit. He looked solid against Denver, sure, but he's still just a second year guy that was pretty raw coming out of college.

So, what kind of numbers would everyone be happy with? What kind of things will you all be personally looking for from him?

Lastly, if you think I'm being a pussy and need to shut up and buckle up for the Mahomes show, please hit me with your best neg rep. The funnier the better.

Well not me....and I think it is a fairly moronic to assume anything about him at this point.

Even if he is good he will have growing pains...and this team won't be Super Bowl ready for at least two more seasons.

What that looks like statistically next season? I would hope he can manage something in the range of 3,500 yards 15-20 TDS and 8-12 INTs?

jjchieffan 04-21-2018 05:07 PM

What I want is 4000 yards, 30 TD's 12 Int. What I realistically expect is 3200 yards 25 TD's 15 Int. That would be a disappointment to a lot of us. But I think that it would be good for a first year starter.

SAUTO 04-21-2018 05:08 PM

He's done the same things at every level so far. I think it will continue. Only with much better skill players.

He's going to blow this mother ****er apart

Spott 04-21-2018 05:09 PM

As a Chiefs fan, I have absolutely no expectations of him at all. I never, ever get my hopes up about anything this team does.

SAUTO 04-21-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13526326)
He's done the same things at every level so far. I think it will continue. Only with much better skill players.

And i honestly think Reid thinks this too.

He's like a giddy little school girl.

AssEaterChief 04-21-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13526337)
And i honestly think Reid thinks this too.

He's like a giddy little school girl.

Not exactly a word I would ever use to describe Andy...but ok

Bewbies 04-21-2018 05:16 PM

Realistic?

The best QB KC has ever had. By a mile.

RustShack 04-21-2018 05:18 PM

5,000 yards.

RealSNR 04-21-2018 05:19 PM

Mahomes isn't a rookie. He's a 2nd year player. First year starters who struggle are usually rookies.

Going over-conservative with predictions is what you do with rookie QBs. Guys who are middle-of-the-road starters like QBs like Ryan Tannehill or Andy Dalton had those kind of low-3000 numbers with a high(ish) number of INTs.

Mahomes is going to throw for 4000 yards. He's going to be in a bunch of shootouts, and he's certainly got weapons.

His efficiency, ball security, and perhaps his TD numbers will perhaps be not very good, but his yards?

**** that. Dude's cracking 4000 easy.

Buckweath 04-21-2018 05:21 PM

Realistic? 3800 yards, 25 TDs and 14 INTs.

Buehler445 04-21-2018 05:24 PM

I expect him to do some amazing things. Like other worldly shit that mere mortals can’t even dream of.

I also expect some really bad INTs and miss some easy throws. If he does take some of the check downs Alex threw he will miss some because his feet aren’t as good as Alex’s.

I then expect a bunch of asshats to melt down about it.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-21-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13526326)

This is right. He only needs 250 yards a game to get to 4000. He had 287 in his debut against a pretty good defense. I expect at least 4000 and I think we will consider 250 as a poor game for him.

I expect 4500 , 27 TDs and 12 ints.

and guess what. he gets to play with the 1's now. Kelce, Hill and Watkins.