ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Anthem (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315741)

keg in kc 03-05-2019 04:06 PM

The issue is actually something Sony introduced in their last system update, and it's happened with a number of games.

Bump 03-05-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14136224)
The issue is actually something Sony introduced in their last system update, and it's happened with a number of games.

first I've heard of it, at least on that scale with a lot of people talking about it.

Imon Yourside 03-05-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14136224)

Right I don't even own a PS4 but there's a thread on reddit and it seems to happen with any intensive game that pushes the system not just Anthem. Having said that they NEED to fix the bugs, goodness it was horrible yesterday.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I3OVRH25ao0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 03-05-2019 09:56 PM

It's apparently been happening with Spider-Man and some other big recent games, from what I've read. Haven't experienced it myself. The Anthem community understandably has some tunnel vision, but it's not just them. Probably didn't help when BioWare said they were working with Sony to resolve it.

Somehow I've completed 20 quickplays since yesterday. I think I've figured out which ones to leave. Next trick will be 70 events and 15 strongholds. Maybe finish this weekend.

Imon Yourside 03-06-2019 04:44 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xc4GVk2ZdtU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beef Supreme 03-06-2019 04:46 PM

The game is so good it only needs 300+ changes.

Imon Yourside 03-07-2019 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 14138002)
The game is so good it only needs 300+ changes.

Gameplay loop is amazing, the world design is beyond amazing. Yes it has tons of bugs most of which i'm not privvy to. Also the devs are listening and putting in quality of life changes people are requesting. What's not to like?

Beef Supreme 03-07-2019 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14138690)
Gameplay loop is amazing, the world design is beyond amazing. Yes it has tons of bugs most of which i'm not privvy to. Also the devs are listening and putting in quality of life changes people are requesting. What's not to like?

I am rooting for bioware to make a comeback after dropping a few turds. Just not sure this qualifies. I don't want to be a hater. I'm glad some people love it. But I'm not getting the impression they knocked it out of the park with this one. And they kinda needed to.

Imon Yourside 03-07-2019 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 14138695)
I am rooting for bioware to make a comeback after dropping a few turds. Just not sure this qualifies. I don't want to be a hater. I'm glad some people love it. But I'm not getting the impression they knocked it out of the park with this one. And they kinda needed to.

It's not perfect just like every other loot shooter that has had a bad launch, but the gameplay mechanics are better than anything i've seen thus far. Yes the story is just average and after you complete it you're left with just the awesome gameplay.

I think when all is said and done they will have an incredible game going. Yes EA pushed Bioware to release the game somewhat incomplete and with bugs, but they're communication skills are also top notch and quite frankly never seen in the gaming world these days.

They're also doing what other devs don't care to do by listening to what everyone wants and implenting those changes some quite quickly like this coming patch next week. All in all i'm very happy with what this game is. It doesn't hurt that Division 2 comes out next week so I won't get as bored with the content playing 2 games rotationally.

I remember the days when Baldurs Gate came out and it wasn't the incredible masterpiece it's referred to as today. KOTOR and Mass Effect is when they really took off and became legend. I'm not sure those days are ever coming back as the lead writer has stated that Anthem is the last game he will do, as he intends to focus on writing books from here on.

People are looking at this all wrong, what i've wanted all along from companies like Bethesda, Bioware, etc is an ongoing game that's updated regularly as someone like Bungie just bores me with their content and never seems to get right. I was looking forward to a game from Bioware that I wasn't done playing in a week or two like Mass Effect/Kotor and i'm happy with where it is even if it will take a lot of right doing to win some back.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...CA264F2B0369D/

Chest locations seem to be random now since they were being farmed for masterwork weapons.

Imon Yourside 03-08-2019 03:08 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/owBvYoqt74s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Imon Yourside 03-08-2019 10:15 PM

WOW patch was supposed to be Tuesday but it's moved up to tomorrow morning at 8 am.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0ytKvG7KnKw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 03-09-2019 11:25 AM

Hopefully they don't break more than they fix, as so often happens.

keg in kc 03-09-2019 07:50 PM

Somehow rng was nicer to me post patch. Finally masterworked my storm, got at least 6 more new mw's on my other 3. Matchmade gm1 legendary contracts seem about as difficult on my storm now as normal did a week ago.

That leaves me needing 30 world events and 2 strongholds for challenge of valor. Just short of 11000/150000 for champion of tarsis. Maybe finish that one this year lol

Imon Yourside 03-10-2019 06:05 AM

Everyone keeps saying they nerfed the drops, which maybe true my friends got the bare minimum all night. I got probably 7 masterworks in 4 hours so that seems normal to me.

Imon Yourside 03-20-2019 03:55 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oVS229597Ng" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Imon Yourside 03-28-2019 03:05 AM

Ranger and Interceptor got major buffs, this dude is soloing GM3 content with the Ranger, something totally impossible before the patch.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZTBXthuX68s?start=210" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 03-28-2019 11:38 AM

Loot got a major buff, too. I've gotten about 30 masterworks and 5 legendaries since the patch went live Tuesday. I'd gotten 2 legendaries total before that - I traditionally do very poorly with rng...

Best results personally have come running gm2 legendary contracts, although I did get one legendary from a gm1 stronghold (first time ever for me...). GM2 freeplay has so far netted disappointing results. I've not yet run one of the new legendary critical missions.

In any case, loot has been much, much, much better for me.

I actually finished my platinum medal on Tuesday. My first platinum game!

I am pretty much out of things to do at this point, however. I'll finish Challenge of Resolve this weekend, and right now there's nothing after that. So I'm left grinding for legendary gear and watching my Champion of Tarsis rep crawl ever so slowly toward 150k. Right now I'm just over 30k, so, you know, end of the year maybe, lol.

Did start a new pilot so I could hear the female voiceover, and have actually had some fun with that. My interceptor-only pilot. I was surprised and pleased to discover blueprints carry-over, so she's had legendary weapons and epic gear from the get-go.

Otherwise now it's just waiting for new content. Which fortunately is what the next live stream will cover.

Imon Yourside 03-28-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14184556)
Loot got a major buff, too. I've gotten about 30 masterworks and 5 legendaries since the patch went live Tuesday. I'd gotten 2 legendaries total before that - I traditionally do very poorly with rng...

Best results personally have come running gm2 legendary contracts, although I did get one legendary from a gm1 stronghold (first time ever for me...). GM2 freeplay has so far netted disappointing results. I've not yet run one of the new legendary critical missions.

In any case, loot has been much, much, much better for me.

I actually finished my platinum medal on Tuesday. My first platinum game!

I am pretty much out of things to do at this point, however. I'll finish Challenge of Resolve this weekend, and right now there's nothing after that. So I'm left grinding for legendary gear and watching my Champion of Tarsis rep crawl ever so slowly toward 150k. Right now I'm just over 30k, so, you know, end of the year maybe, lol.

Did start a new pilot so I could hear the female voiceover, and have actually had some fun with that. My interceptor-only pilot. I was surprised and pleased to discover blueprints carry-over, so she's had legendary weapons and epic gear from the get-go.

Otherwise now it's just waiting for new content. Which fortunately is what the next live stream will cover.

I found 4 Legendaries in the first week and one about 3 weeks ago, no more than that which is disappointing and keeps me from playing more. The drop rate seems a lot worse to me now than it was before. Add to that the fact that the Masterworks versions are all better and it seems to me they need to totally overhaul the entire system. Worse yet the best drop rate on luck seems to be having Zero luck at least for me I can have anywhere from 30% to 127% and anything other than zero seems worse.

keg in kc 03-28-2019 06:15 PM

Most of that was addressed in Tuesday's patch. The drop rate and luck stuff, at least. I've seen an incredible amount of crying about it on social media, that it's still slow, but my personal experience is what I laid out above. My guess is people played 3 or 4 missions, had bad rng and gave up. It still ebbs and flows - that's rng... I might only get 2 or 3 mw in a single mission. Or I might get 5 or 6.

I do know that I got more drops - and better drops - the last two days than I had over the last two weeks. And playing a bit less now than then.

Most of my masterworks have shit rolls so far, so my legendaries are generally upgrades by default. I did get a legendary marksman rifle with +225% damage. My first one actually.

keg in kc 03-28-2019 06:47 PM

Aaaand just got another legendary. :)

Imon Yourside 03-28-2019 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14185204)
Most of that was addressed in Tuesday's patch. The drop rate and luck stuff, at least. I've seen an incredible amount of crying about it on social media, that it's still slow, but my personal experience is what I laid out above. My guess is people played 3 or 4 missions, had bad rng and gave up. It still ebbs and flows - that's rng... I might only get 2 or 3 mw in a single mission. Or I might get 5 or 6.

I do know that I got more drops - and better drops - the last two days than I had over the last two weeks. And playing a bit less now than then.

Most of my masterworks have shit rolls so far, so my legendaries are generally upgrades by default. I did get a legendary marksman rifle with +225% damage. My first one actually.

Nice, i'm waiting for more content so I don't get too bored with what's there now. Also Division seems to drop me tons of loot and I love the 3rd person cover shooter stuff, Mass Effect 3 hooked me on that. I put in about 20 hours last week with very few Masterworks and no legendaries. Ran about 12 hours on the new patch and still nothing, it's not kind to me and I don't feel like grinding right now when we need more strongholds.

keg in kc 03-29-2019 02:42 PM

New stuff looks pretty badass.

Would be really badass if it's connected to or even rewards from upcoming content.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rP5Npfvc1hw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pants 04-13-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14133490)
So...

Champion of Tarsis...

How in the ****?

You got 50,000 for all three factions?

How did you manage that? Am I missing something?

keg in kc 04-13-2019 06:17 PM

God no. I was just starting it that day. I'm around 50k now.

Live stream next week finally, and the next big patch should be the following week. I'm not sure what it'll entail aside from the 4th stronghold.

Imon Yourside 04-13-2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14205316)
God no. I was just starting it that day. I'm around 50k now.

Live stream next week finally, and the next big patch should be the following week. I'm not sure what it'll entail aside from the 4th stronghold.

This game needs a lot to help. For one thing there is literally no way to min/max your builds when loot is so rare. They need to increase legendary drops AND give us a way to work towards enhancing them/switching out stats like Division does an incredible job of. Also a serious lack of content with still only 3 strongholds? They don't even have an outlaw stronghold or a way to farm them for your dailies/weeklies yet.

keg in kc 04-13-2019 11:11 PM

Loot hasn't been all that rare in weeks. I'm getting at least a legendary a day, playing casually. Often more; my best is usually 5 or 6. You sound bugged to me.

Easiest fix I know of: Build a new default copy of the javelin you intend to play. Delete every other javelin. Build another new default copy of that same javelin (I'll call this copy 'Newjav' for reference). Delete the first new copy you made. Outfit the Newjav copy with whatever gear and weapons you like. Profit.

That should fix you. There is a database issue with the forge. Which they obviously need to fix. But that workaround has worked for me. Basically I do it anytime a run nets me only blues and epics.

Oh, and I don't mess with appearance or animations. Just one more thing that seems to bug me out, although I see tons of people not in default armor kitted out in legendary gear. So that may just be me being paranoid.

Outlaws are very easy to farm in freeplay. There are a couple of caves that always spawn them. I finished the 2500 for challenge of might in 2 or 3 days. The 500 for the weekly is pretty trivial at this point, although I agree that a stronghold would be nice.

My guess is that the new one, The Sunken, is Dominion, but that's just a guess.

The Cataclysm in May, whatever that ends up involving, needs to be huge.

New story content needs to come fairly soon, as well, whether that's with the Cataclysm or after (I do know they've recorded more v/o). Because right now the daily rotation for me is one or two legendary contracts, a few stronghold runs and maybe some freeplay. Which is fine for now. But a couple of months from now? ...

Imon Yourside 04-14-2019 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14205599)
Loot hasn't been all that rare in weeks. I'm getting at least a legendary a day, playing casually. Often more; my best is usually 5 or 6. You sound bugged to me.

Easiest fix I know of: Build a new default copy of the javelin you intend to play. Delete every other javelin. Build another new default copy of that same javelin (I'll call this copy 'Newjav' for reference). Delete the first new copy you made. Outfit the Newjav copy with whatever gear and weapons you like. Profit.

That should fix you. There is a database issue with the forge. Which they obviously need to fix. But that workaround has worked for me. Basically I do it anytime a run nets me only blues and epics.

Oh, and I don't mess with appearance or animations. Just one more thing that seems to bug me out, although I see tons of people not in default armor kitted out in legendary gear. So that may just be me being paranoid.

Outlaws are very easy to farm in freeplay. There are a couple of caves that always spawn them. I finished the 2500 for challenge of might in 2 or 3 days. The 500 for the weekly is pretty trivial at this point, although I agree that a stronghold would be nice.

My guess is that the new one, The Sunken, is Dominion, but that's just a guess.

The Cataclysm in May, whatever that ends up involving, needs to be huge.

New story content needs to come fairly soon, as well, whether that's with the Cataclysm or after (I do know they've recorded more v/o). Because right now the daily rotation for me is one or two legendary contracts, a few stronghold runs and maybe some freeplay. Which is fine for now. But a couple of months from now? ...

I've tried tons of different builds and the same result as I haven't seen a Legendary for over a month, probably closer to 6 weeks. I know the outlaw caves exist but there should be other ways to farm the outlaws than the same 1 or 2 locations for the weekly.

The Masterworks are also incredibly boring as most have rolls that are just pure crap. They should completely remove things like +ammo rolls as no one gives a bleep about that. They need more interesting loot and a way to work towards rerolling parts of it as 99.9% of everything that drops is a breakdown/trash.

From what Kotaku posted it seems evident that this game suffers from the same thing Destiny 2 did. They fought each other all along and rushed to come out with small boring content that seems to have been pushed out just to get the game released. I didn't want to believe it but the endgame is just way too shallow and doesn't have enough meat to hold me over.

I'm not completely giving up on the game but I'm surely going to wait until it has had a lot of changes and hopefully a completely redesigned loot system.

keg in kc 04-14-2019 05:03 AM

Legendaries have been dropping at a visibly higher rate for weeks now. There's no way you aren't bugged in some way if you're not getting any. Unless you're just playing for a few minutes and logging off. In that case, that's just RNG being RNG. But otherwise, the drop rate is high enough now that it's rare for me not to see one if I play a couple hours. I went from getting 1 the entire time before the loot patch, to having a legendary Storm and some legendary gear and components on all three of my other javelins.

It's not just about changing your build, you have to purge all the non-default builds from the forge and start fresh, in the way I described. There can only be one javelin build, the active one, and it must be started from default with no other builds saved on any other javelins. You have to purge whatever corrupt pilot data you have.

It's evidently responsible for many issues ranging from loot not dropping at the correct levels to components not working (i.e. the armor bug) to weapons not registering correctly. So if you see anything screwy, anything at all, your pilot is bugged. Not getting appropriate loot at grandmaster levels, that's one big one. Also, showing different amounts of armor when you run the same javelin set up on different things, that's another sign you're bugged. Or if your weapons suddenly aren't doing the correct damage.

(This is something the playerbase has figured out on its own through pretty extensive testing; this is not information from BioWare. And they have to fix this, pronto...)

You can fix (and I have fixed...) all of those things by completely resetting your pilot data in the forge. Seriously. Try it, and then run grandmaster heart of rage 4 or 5 times. I'd be really surprised if you didn't pull at least one legendary out of that. In fact, I did last night. Ran 3, got 1.

As far as masterworks go, I delete almost all of them at this point.

Pants 04-14-2019 07:22 PM

I'm still enjoying this game and I haven't even started building a "good" javelin.

I'm just putting the best available item in their respective slots.

Currently, I am working on getting all of the MW blueprints. It's a cool way to try and see all of the different weapons in action.

Imon Yourside 04-15-2019 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14205689)
Legendaries have been dropping at a visibly higher rate for weeks now. There's no way you aren't bugged in some way if you're not getting any. Unless you're just playing for a few minutes and logging off. In that case, that's just RNG being RNG. But otherwise, the drop rate is high enough now that it's rare for me not to see one if I play a couple hours. I went from getting 1 the entire time before the loot patch, to having a legendary Storm and some legendary gear and components on all three of my other javelins.

It's not just about changing your build, you have to purge all the non-default builds from the forge and start fresh, in the way I described. There can only be one javelin build, the active one, and it must be started from default with no other builds saved on any other javelins. You have to purge whatever corrupt pilot data you have.

It's evidently responsible for many issues ranging from loot not dropping at the correct levels to components not working (i.e. the armor bug) to weapons not registering correctly. So if you see anything screwy, anything at all, your pilot is bugged. Not getting appropriate loot at grandmaster levels, that's one big one. Also, showing different amounts of armor when you run the same javelin set up on different things, that's another sign you're bugged. Or if your weapons suddenly aren't doing the correct damage.

(This is something the playerbase has figured out on its own through pretty extensive testing; this is not information from BioWare. And they have to fix this, pronto...)

You can fix (and I have fixed...) all of those things by completely resetting your pilot data in the forge. Seriously. Try it, and then run grandmaster heart of rage 4 or 5 times. I'd be really surprised if you didn't pull at least one legendary out of that. In fact, I did last night. Ran 3, got 1.

As far as masterworks go, I delete almost all of them at this point.

Interesting and note I haven't seen this posted anywhere. Perhaps i'll give it a try soon, I also don't want to get burned out on the small amount of content currently available though. I kind of hit a wall when I found out how shallow the loot system was and how much content it lacked. Really hoping they make some great improvements over the next year or so.

So you're saying I can only have 1 Javelin build at a time from ALL my Javelins? Like if i want to run a Ranger but have a storm build I have to delete all the storm builds and only have the ranger then rise and repeat?

Ok I deleted all my builds and started from a clean default and got some Masterworks in about 5 hours but again zero legendaries with 60 to 94 luck. I just don't think this is the problem, the drop rates just aren't good enough. They need to do what Diablo does and after so many hours of no legendaries just have one drop automatically.

keg in kc 04-23-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14206987)
Ok I deleted all my builds and started from a clean default and got some Masterworks in about 5 hours but again zero legendaries with 60 to 94 luck. I just don't think this is the problem, the drop rates just aren't good enough. They need to do what Diablo does and after so many hours of no legendaries just have one drop automatically.

I didn't see this before now, but I got a legendary in the 1 and only mission I ran before the patch this morning, 5 legendaries yesterday, and at least 1 legendary every day for the week before that. So like I said before, I don't think the problem is the drop rate itself. You're bugged in some way. That was my best shot for fixing that, though. I can't think of anything else to try.

keg in kc 04-23-2019 11:28 AM

Patch 1.1.0 is live. The only new content that I'm aware of today is the new Stronghold, which I'm about to try, but holy crap were there some nice, unexpected quality of life changes:
Quote:

Added the ability to select contracts from the start of expedition screen rather than going to the individual contract boards in Fort Tarsis or in the Launch Bay.

Added the ability to launch a new mission from the end of expedition screen without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay.

Added the ability to access the Forge during Missions, Strongholds and Freeplay. You can now change your gear without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay!
Pretty long list of patch notes altogether.

Note: you do have to reach the end of expedition screen to get access to new gear, so you can't, for instance, immediately see or equip drops that you get.

Imon Yourside 04-23-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14221226)
I didn't see this before now, but I got a legendary in the 1 and only mission I ran before the patch this morning, 5 legendaries yesterday, and at least 1 legendary every day for the week before that. So like I said before, I don't think the problem is the drop rate itself. You're bugged in some way. That was my best shot for fixing that, though. I can't think of anything else to try.

Yup i've pretty much given up with no legendaries in my last 115+ hours of gameplay. I appreciate your help trying to fix it but the games unplayable until this is addressed for me.

keg in kc 04-23-2019 06:20 PM

Looks like you can shelve it indefinitely.

They (BioWare) posted on Reddit that due to focus on bug fixes and QoL improvements they're now so far behind their original 90 day plan that they can't even give estimates for when the new mastery system, guilds and the Cataclysm will come out. Certainly not in May.

This is the first time I've felt disappointed. Fortunately for me I only play an hour or two a day. But this was a bad, bad update for them to give the players still active in-game. I mean, I'm glad they're being honest about their progress but I'm not sure they can recover from this. One stronghold and a statement that nothing new is on the horizon? They won't have a playerbase left in June if they can even get new content out that soon.

It's a real shame. The core ip is really good, and the gameplay is more fun than anything I've played in years, but I don't see how it's still online a year from now.

Pants 04-23-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14223056)

They (BioWare) posted on Reddit that due to focus on bug fixes and QoL improvements they're now so far behind their original 90 day plan that they can't even give estimates for when the new mastery system, guilds and the Cataclysm will come out. Certainly not in May.

This is the first time I've felt disappointed. Fortunately for me I only play an hour or two a day. But this was a bad, bad update for them to give the players still active in-game. I mean, I'm glad they're being honest about their progress but I'm not sure they can recover from this. One stronghold and a statement that nothing new is on the horizon? They won't have a playerbase left in June if they can even get new content out that soon.

It's a real shame. The core ip is really good, and the gameplay is more fun than anything I've played in years, but I don't see how it's still online a year from now.

I'm giving up on it. :(

Skyy God 04-24-2019 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14223056)

Lol, I’m not surprised. Rented this last weekend and made it through 2 missions.

It had none of the BioWare narrative magic and repetitive ass gameplay. Made vanilla Destiny look like a masterpiece by comparison.

Setsuna 06-08-2019 09:18 AM

Anyone still playing this train wreck of a game? LMAO ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO ROFL

keg in kc 06-08-2019 09:48 AM

I am, yeah. Pretty enthusiastic about what's on the PTS.

Some reason why you decided to bump the thread?

Setsuna 06-08-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14300009)
I am, yeah. Pretty enthusiastic about what's on the PTS.

Some reason why you decided to bump the thread?

They removed their roadmap from their site. Anthem is done.

Imon Yourside 06-08-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14300126)

I'm waiting for enough new updates that the game gives me a reason to play. This kind of game requires some endgame min/maxing and Anthem has none of that. Hopefully they change the loot completely and give us a way to grind the endgame, a purpose if you will.

keg in kc 06-08-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14300126)

Yeah, so done that they introduced the Cataclysm in a live stream last week and added a PTS where people have been testing it along with a new quest series that continues the game's story with new voiceover and cutscenes.

Is the game struggling? Yes. The playerbase has dwindled, understandably. Is it done? Well, the servers are still running and new stuff is on the way in the near future, so I'd say no. Not yet.

Anyway, I'm not gonna reply to any more trolling.

kcxiv 06-08-2019 08:30 PM

when you remove a roadmap, your game is done. whatever they are working on, they will push out, and move on to the next. Its not trolling, its just the way gaming works.

keg in kc 06-08-2019 08:43 PM

The trolling I was referring to was pulling up the thread. It hadn't had a new post for a month and a half, so he had to search for it - a game he has never played and says is dead - and his comments were clearly meant to evoke an emotional response, rather than generate any kind of discussion. I don't know how much more 'troll' an individual can be short of sitting under a bridge wearing a troll wig.

Setsuna 06-09-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14300382)
Yeah, so done that they introduced the Cataclysm in a live stream last week and added a PTS where people have been testing it along with a new quest series that continues the game's story with new voiceover and cutscenes.

Is the game struggling? Yes. The playerbase has dwindled, understandably. Is it done? Well, the servers are still running and new stuff is on the way in the near future, so I'd say no. Not yet.

Anyway, I'm not gonna reply to any more trolling.

The Cataclysm? That trash demonstration that looked nothing like it did at E3? They put a blue filter on and added some waves and two trees swaying. EA is lucky people like you will spend money on their games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14300417)
The trolling I was referring to was pulling up the thread. It hadn't had a new post for a month and a half, so he had to search for it - a game he has never played and says is dead - and his comments were clearly meant to evoke an emotional response, rather than generate any kind of discussion. I don't know how much more 'troll' an individual can be short of sitting under a bridge wearing a troll wig.

You are the only one who seems to be offended. It's not a troll if you don't care about what is being said. Not my fault.

Skyy God 06-11-2019 11:13 AM

Between Andromeda and this flaming POS, BioWare has to be reeling.

Imon Yourside 06-11-2019 12:15 PM

Anthem will have a chance to redeem itself simply by the fact that none of the AAA titles coming soon look that great as far as online/coop games. Borderlands 3 being the one exception but that's a much cooler drop in/out single/multiplayer game. That being said they seem to keep stepping in crap and don't seem to know how to make a good game(Bioware Austin)

Setsuna 06-11-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14303989)
Anthem will have a chance to redeem itself simply by the fact that none of the AAA titles coming soon look that great as far as online/coop games. Borderlands 3 being the one exception but that's a much cooler drop in/out single/multiplayer game. That being said they seem to keep stepping in crap and don't seem to know how to make a good game(Bioware Austin)

Well it's not BioWare's choice to have a chance. If this latest update doesn't do well I think EA shuts them down. For this title anyway.

Imon Yourside 06-11-2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14304043)
Well it's not BioWare's choice to have a chance. If this latest update doesn't do well I think EA shuts them down. For this title anyway.

That's also a possibility and by Ben Irvings behavior lately it could be very true. If they don't overhaul the loot and promise to keep going this game has zero chance of surviving. We'll see what Destiny 2 does but it also looks pretty meh on the new DLC/updates.

keg in kc 08-06-2019 09:23 AM

Not that it matters to anyone but me, but BioWare has quietly released the 1.30 patch this morning. So the Cataclysm will be live when the servers come up in about a half hour.

Imon Yourside 08-06-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14381551)
Not that it matters to anyone but me, but BioWare has quietly released the 1.30 patch this morning. So the Cataclysm will be live when the servers come up in about a half hour.

Actually i've been playing this lately and loving it, also played the Cataclysm on the PTS. The build coming out today will be much better, can't wait to play. Really nothing like flying around killing stuff in this, just wish they would overhaul the loot system. I also feel like EA will pull the plug anytime.

Imon Yourside 08-06-2019 09:31 AM

Subreddit icon
r/AnthemTheGame
•Posted byu/Frocharocha
29 minutes ago
Anthem Update 1.30 Patch Notes, File Size Info: Cataclysm Is Now Live!
News

After literally weeks of no updates, BioWare has stealth released (with no official announcement) a new Anthem patch! Anthem 1.30 is now live, freelancers! And it brings in the Cataclysm, and lots more! Clocking in at 12GB on PS4, 12.15GB on Xbox One, and 15GB on PC, the full Anthem update 1.30 patch notes can be read below:
Anthem update 1.30 patch notes:

The Cataclysm

Enter the all new expedition activity with your fellow freelancers to put a stop to the Cataclysm. The Cataclysm will unlock new arenas as the weeks progress.

New story missions are available in Fort Tarsis.

Earn crystals through Cataclysm related activities, such as challenges, Freeplay events and the Cataclysm itself.

A season store has been added in Fort Tarsis. Acquire war chests and new cosmetic items using the crystals you earn. Check back weekly as new items will be added as the Cataclysm expans.

New items have been added and can be acquired from the seasonal story or by completing challenges.

Luck has been removed from all items and replaced with bonus armor. As a result, all players will notice drop rates from Easy through Grandmaster 1 difficulty modes as if they had previously equipped maximum Luck. Legendary and Masterwork drop rates in Grandmaster 2 and Grandmaster 3 difficulties have increased for all players, including those who equipped maximum Luck previously.

Various bug fixes and improvements.

Don’t forget, the PTS (Public Test Servers) are now closed. Let’s hope this doesn’t mean the Cataclysm is the last event we’ll see from BioWare for Anthem.

keg in kc 08-06-2019 09:33 AM

Those aren't the patch notes. Gimme a second...

keg in kc 08-06-2019 09:35 AM

Here we go:
Spoiler!
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Di...ht/true#M82142

keg in kc 08-06-2019 09:41 AM

New login screen looks pretty cool. Or, well, old login screen with a blue filter.

keg in kc 08-06-2019 09:47 AM

Holy shit there's so much to do all of a sudden. Didn't really expect that. 10 daily missions caught me off guard.

(I intentionally did not follow pts stuff...)

Imon Yourside 08-06-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14381600)
New login screen looks pretty cool. Or, well, old login screen with a blue filter.

Can't wait to play later, got too much going on right now but I had almost switched back over to play boring Destiny 2 which wasn't so boring after not playing for a year. Gonna sink my teeth back into this as the changes seem really nice.

Those patch notes I copied were literally off the PS4 update screen so I guess it wasn't the "official" patch notes :D

Imon Yourside 08-06-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14381610)
Holy shit there's so much to do all of a sudden. Didn't really expect that. 10 daily missions caught me off guard.

(I intentionally did not follow pts stuff...)

They need to give us crossplay so I can play with you from my PC.

keg in kc 08-06-2019 10:24 AM

The app is live, too. I'm part of the low sodium reddit community, we're getting guilds set up.

This may be game changing as far as the long term survival. We'll see how I feel in a week.

Imon Yourside 08-06-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14381686)
The app is live, too. I'm part of the low sodium reddit community, we're getting guilds set up.

This may be game changing as far as the long term survival. We'll see how I feel in a week.

I've been playing it for a few weeks and still love the gameplay, just pace yourself and play other games as well. As long as they keep adding to Anthem it will eventually become the game we all thought it would be at launch. They really need to totally redo the loot next but it looks like they probably won't touch it.

keg in kc 08-06-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14381614)
Can't wait to play later, got too much going on right now but I had almost switched back over to play boring Destiny 2 which wasn't so boring after not playing for a year. Gonna sink my teeth back into this as the changes seem really nice.

Those patch notes I copied were literally off the PS4 update screen so I guess it wasn't the "official" patch notes :D

Unless I'm missing a post those notes were actually from an article on mp1st.com that I read a couple hours ago.

Imon Yourside 08-06-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14381705)
Unless I'm missing a post those notes were actually from an article on mp1st.com that I read a couple hours ago.

The Reddit poster said they were from his PS4 update, so whatever on that. I just copy/pasted it from the Official Anthem Reddit. I like your notes better though. :D

keg in kc 08-06-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14381703)
I've been playing it for a few weeks and still love the gameplay, just pace yourself and play other games as well. As long as they keep adding to Anthem it will eventually become the game we all thought it would be at launch. They really need to totally redo the loot next but it looks like they probably won't touch it.

A couple months back, and I don't remember the specifics but this was the gist of it, they advertised a job opening for someone to work on the loot system. I don't think they're ignoring it. I'm assuming the cataclysm gear is just the bridge between launch and whatever is next.

Imon Yourside 08-06-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14381729)
A couple months back, and I don't remember the specifics but this was the gist of it, they advertised a job opening for someone to work on the loot system. I don't think they're ignoring it. I'm assuming the cataclysm gear is just the bridge between launch and whatever is next.

I'm certainly optimistic or as optimistic as one who sees EA's heavy hand over the top can be. I do love the gameplay it's better than anything else out right now in that department.

keg in kc 08-06-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14381708)
The Reddit poster said they were from his PS4 update, so whatever on that. I just copy/pasted it from the Official Anthem Reddit. I like your notes better though. :D

Yeah, always best directly from the sauce.

keg in kc 08-06-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14381738)
I'm certainly optimistic or as optimistic as one who sees EA's heavy hand over the top can be. I do love the gameplay it's better than anything else out right now in that department.

Yeah, There just needs to be more of it. I stopped playing for about 6 weeks so I wouldn't burn out, just came back 2 or 3 weeks ago when I saw the pts was being shut down. Which is fine, gave me some time to play other stuff.

keg in kc 08-06-2019 11:23 AM

<iframe width="735" height="438" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IVtvYIVFZPw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Imon Yourside 08-06-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14381891)
<iframe width="735" height="438" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IVtvYIVFZPw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was just going to post this, waiting for my buddy to get on but i took off from my "work" lolz. Did a heart of rage run and boom got a legendary on gm2. Can't wait to check out the cataclysm later.

Imon Yourside 08-06-2019 12:13 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EIBE7wkOu2I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 08-06-2019 02:20 PM

I just had a Lego drop in gm1 freeplay off a random mob.

I'm doing anything higher until I get a melee weapon upgrade. I can't even 1-shot normal mobs with my colossus, much less fight elites in melee range.

Although my armor is insanely high.

keg in kc 08-06-2019 02:20 PM

This feels pretty much like a completely new game now.

Imon Yourside 08-06-2019 07:55 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m5taoNLmZqs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aspengc8 08-07-2019 08:34 AM

worth checking out again? I had really high hopes for this game.

keg in kc 08-07-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 14383020)

That's a difficult question to answer without knowing what comes next, after the Cataclysm.

What the update appears to bring is 3 new story missions, some changes to freeplay and the Cataclysm, which is @15 minutes worth of repeatable content.

The event is 42 days, the Cataclysm and the event store change throughout the event, and there are shitloads of new challenges to grind.

All of which is fantastic. I'm loving it so far.

But what happens when this Cataclysm ends? I'm not saying that in a negative/pessimistic sense; I simply have no idea...

If it's right back to the same freeplay/stronghold grind of the last 4 months, then that just isn't much to do. If on the other hand there's new static content and strongholds, then I think the game could be in a good place.

So that's my thoughts, I'll leave it up to you what you want to do. Although I am greatly enjoying the new stuff, I will say that much.

Imon Yourside 08-07-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 14383020)

After I came back a few weeks ago I find the game hard to put down, the loot bug still seems to exist for me I have to reset it after just about every run. The gameplay is like nothing else and they added quite a bit to do including 10 dailies. I'm making it a regular part of my rotation, the gameplay is just amazing.

keg in kc 08-07-2019 03:19 PM

I still get the loot (actually it's related to pilot data) bug too. People swear it's fixed, but I sometimes go days without drops if I don't reset.

Imon Yourside 08-07-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14383652)
I still get the loot (actually it's related to pilot data) bug too. People swear it's fixed, but I sometimes go days without drops if I don't reset.

It's easy enough to reset, just take one of your suits you don't use(interceptor for me) and delete all loadouts on it. Make a new one, don't alter it in anyway. Enter Freeplay, don't move just end it. Go change suits and delete the loadout. It seems to work everytime for me, if I reset it between every run I will get tons of MW and Legendaries the first run or 2.

keg in kc 08-07-2019 03:22 PM

The nice part about the ten dailies is that they're usually doable in a reasonable amount of time. Basically run the cataclysm once on each of your javelins, do a little freeplay, and then do either a stronghold or some kind of daily mission.

It seems overwhelming at first, but it's not, and the rewards are much improved from where they were pre-cataclysm.

keg in kc 08-07-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14383657)
It's easy enough to reset, just take one of your suits you don't use(interceptor for me) and delete all loadouts on it. Make a new one, don't alter it in anyway. Enter Freeplay, don't move just end it. Go change suits and delete the loadout. It seems to work everytime for me, if I reset it between every run I will get tons of MW and Legendaries the first run or 2.

What works for me is to delete ALL my loadouts, create a new default and go from there. No need to go into freeplay, etc.

The downside is I don't generally run with any cosmetic changes, because that's what seems to bug me out. So no armor, paint, wraps, animations, etc.

Although....one way you can tell you have the pilot data bug is that your javelin will show a default look even if you've tricked it out. So it's kind of a double-edged sword not to use different stuff...

I am running with custom armor this week, though. Some of the new stuff looks too cool not to use and I've gotten a couple drops anyway, although not nearly enough as everyone else.

Imon Yourside 08-07-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14383661)
What works for me is to delete ALL my loadouts, create a new default and go from there. No need to go into freeplay, etc.

The downside is I don't generally run with any cosmetic changes, because that's what seems to bug me out. So no armor, paint, wraps, animations, etc.

Although....one way you can tell you have the pilot data bug is that your javelin will show a default look even if you've tricked it out. So it's kind of a double-edged sword not to use different stuff...

I am running with custom armor this week, though. Some of the new stuff looks too cool not to use and I've gotten a couple drops anyway, although not nearly enough as everyone else.

I went back and tried this method so I wouldn't have to do the freeplay thing constantly and my drops were still bad, for some reason that doesn't work for me. I looked this up just last night hoping it would work but nada for me.

keg in kc 08-07-2019 03:51 PM

I've gotten two legendary shock maces on my ranger. When all I want is melee for my colossus and interceptor.