ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

Chiefs=Champions 02-09-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388886)
the Eagles must draft OL if their offense wants to go anywhere.

What a stupid thing to say. They have multiple players returning from injury including a top 5 LT. And even so, just because you have a weakness doesn't mean you must take a player to cover it, you have several rounds and free agency to address it! So they should pick a guard that high? there is no way they take a LT, so what else do you suggest they do to improve their line? You DO NOT take guards or centers that high in the draft. That is just ****ing madness.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-09-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388879)
Like I said earlier, I think we should take the sure thing at 1.1. Be that Joeckel or Milliner, I honestly don't care. There's a need at both spots (assuming Albert is gone. But that's another story). We take our QB at 2.2, where there will still be alot of good players available. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if even Smith were still available. The only QB needy teams in the top 10 all have more pressing needs (Raiders-DL, Eagles-OL, Cards-OL, Bills-LB/WR), and past that, there aren't really any teams that desperately need a QB. The only question mark really is the Jags at 1.2/2.1. Its safer, but it also will probably have the better end result

This is soooooo ****ing stupid of a thing to say. You dumb sumbitches, just because a guy isn't a QB doesn't mean he is a "sure thing". It's the same shit spewed about guys like Gallery and Curry...yeah awesome super safe sure things.

007 02-09-2013 06:47 AM

The thing about the draft is everyone is a crapshoot.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-09-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9388894)
The thing about the draft is everyone is a crapshoot.

Exactly. But, the true fans and talking heads alike act like every position other than QB is a super safe "sure thing" that's a guarendamtee All Pro.

007 02-09-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9388896)
Exactly. But, the true fans and talking heads alike act like every position other than QB is a super safe "sure thing" that's a guarendamtee All Pro.

Yep, that was my point in round about kind of way.

prhom 02-09-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388810)

It doesn't matter who the QB is, if you don't have a good offensive line, you cannot win. Plain and simple. Just ask the Bears. And the Cardinals. And the Chargers. And the Eagles. The Super Bowl this season was evidence of that as well. Both teams had fantastic offensive lines.

So why is it such a big deal for the Ravens to keep Flacco? By this logic, they should be talking about how to keep Bryant McKinnie, and where they are going to find his heir-apparent in the draft. Also, I think we should aspire to more than just "winning" like the Eagles, Chargers, Cards, and Bears did this year. Take that LT and maybe we will win 8 games next year, print 'em!

wazu 02-09-2013 07:48 AM

Where is the "Fire John Dorsey" option?

milkman 02-09-2013 08:05 AM

Chiefsfan91 is ****ing moron.

The Pack won SB with Crap O line.
The Giants won SB with a mediocre line.

Tell us how Geno has never played under center.

Frankie 02-09-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9388036)
Damontre Moore and then trade a 4th round pick to move back into the 20-25 range and select Nassib/Wilson/Barkley.

I can live with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9388038)
I refuse to vote in idiot poll. No QB no vote.

If you read the topic, QB has not been ignored in this scenario.

Man, some of you guys have gone bat shit religious on Geno! :eek:

Frankie 02-09-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9388054)
A week ago I said it might be DT Star, now I am going with LT Joeckel because listening to Brandon albert whine on the radio last week struck me as, well, a guy that wasn't happy with what he was told by the new staff and is on his why out.

If Albert is gone the Chiefs might strongly pursue Long or Clady, depending on their health and how cash strapped their respective teams are. Not saying it is the absolute case, but it could be one avenue in replacing Albert. Me? If Albert's back is not chronic then I want him back.

Frankie 02-09-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9388439)
Because Frankie is a dipshit true fan afraid to take a QB unless Mel Kiper tells him that he's a sure thing.

There goes the little dog yapping again. I have NEVER said I am AGAINST taking a QB at the top, moron. I'm apprehensive of it pending the combine. If geno comes up and shits his pants in the interviews and posts ordinary marks I wouldn't want him with my top pick. His college stats alone (seemingly divine in your mind) is not enough. But that wait and see assessment goes for all of the other top pick candidates.

This is the first time in the four decades I have been a Chiefs fan that we have the top pick. If we want to never have it again we should be very careful on this one.

KCrockaholic 02-09-2013 10:31 AM

This went about as well as I expected.

patteeu 02-09-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9388111)
A cornerstone left tackle will help make any quarterback we find ourselves with look good. Acquire a hall of famer like Willie Roaf, and all of a sudden Trent Green becomes Trent Green. Mmmm

Indeed. Matt Cassel might even flourish with a Willie Roaf, although I'm not in favor of the Chiefs experimenting with a Cassel/Joeckel combo.

O.city 02-09-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9389084)
There goes the little dog yapping again. I have NEVER said I am AGAINST taking a QB at the top, moron. I'm apprehensive of it pending the combine. If geno comes up and shits his pants in the interviews and posts ordinary marks I wouldn't want him with my top pick. His college stats alone (seemingly divine in your mind) is not enough. But that wait and see assessment goes for all of the other top pick candidates.

This is the first time in the four decades I have been a Chiefs fan that we have the top pick. If we want to never have it again we should be very careful on this one.

Yeah, and taking a position other than QB gives us a better chance of having it again.

The 3 teams of the last 15 that didn't take a QB at 1, said player didn't even sign their second contract with that team.

Anyway, to play this "game" I'll take Milliner I suppose.

milkman 02-09-2013 10:38 AM

I don't give a rat's ass about Geno's stats.

I couldn't even begin to tell you what most of his numbers are.

I come to my opion by actually watching games, having seen all but 2 from this past season.

I'm not some mindless moron that parrots the opinion of some drooling idiot with big hair, like you do.

And it's the same god damn thing with you every year.
It isn't just Geno this year.

Every ****ing year you tell us that the available QBs can't be taken in our spot.
It's aloways some bullshit excuse why itks too much of a risk.