ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Abba-Dabba 01-30-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5439867)
I never said that, nor did the documentary. I said the Ochoas were > Escobar, and Griselda was a crazy fat bitch.

:spock:

Did the imaginary man come out and bite you in the ass? I never said you said that. There are plenty of people and articles that have though.

Your comment to me is quite puzzling since I neither quoted you are typed your name.

Griselda was crazy? Or still is? She is still alive and living freely.

Have you seen #2?

Abba-Dabba 01-30-2009 11:36 AM

Revolutionary Road.
Meh. Overrated. Only part worth watching is the last 15 minutes.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-30-2009 12:19 PM

A while back we were talking about the new movie 'Taken'. I mentioned a miniseries of the same name, and this is the link to the first clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGTyL...x=0&playnext=1

PunkinDrublic 01-30-2009 04:24 PM

Watched a documentary "Heckler" the other day. It's about people who heckle comedians, movie and music critics. It's hosted by Jamie Kennedy who confronts all the critics who have talked shit about his movies and the hecklers at his comedy shows. It was pretty funny because the critics never back off their stances and Kennedy comes off sounding like a whiney bitch.

Bowser 01-30-2009 06:42 PM

Just re-watched Pitch Black. It had been awhile since I had seen it; really an underrated sci-fi/horror film. I love the Riddick character, and they could have done so much with it, but decided to try for an epic, larger than life turd in "Chronicles". Hopefully, someday they re-visit that character with a better script.

And Claudia Black is ****ing well hot, in case you haven't received that memo yet.

Deberg_1990 01-30-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5441545)
Just re-watched Pitch Black. It had been awhile since I had seen it; really an underrated sci-fi/horror film. I love the Riddick character, and they could have done so much with it, but decided to try for an epic, larger than life turd in "Chronicles". Hopefully, someday they re-visit that character with a better script.

I dont agree. Love Pitch Black. Loved Chronicles of Riddick as well. I liked how they expanded the Universe. The Necromongers were great baddies.

Bowser 01-30-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5441549)
I dont agree. Love Pitch Black. Loved Chronicles of Riddick as well. I liked how they expanded the Universe. The Necromongers were great baddies.

See, to me, Pitch Black and Chronicles are kind of like Matrix and Matrix Reloaded. Both of the sequels were good, but not as good as the original, just because they tried to get "too big" with the story. I could be nitpicking some, but Pitch Black just seemed stronger than Chronicles because it was more concise of a story; Chronicles was trying to take on a whole universe worth of storytelling. Although I did enjoy Chronicles, I never felt as "in" to that maove as I did Pitch Black.

Like I said, the Riddick character is a prototypical sci/fi storyline in waiting. I hope they can continue on with it.

Bowser 01-30-2009 06:57 PM

And speaking of Vin Diesel fueled sci/fi, anyone have a review of Babylon A.D.?

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-30-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 5441218)
Watched a documentary "Heckler" the other day. It's about people who heckle comedians, movie and music critics. It's hosted by Jamie Kennedy who confronts all the critics who have talked shit about his movies and the hecklers at his comedy shows. It was pretty funny because the critics never back off their stances and Kennedy comes off sounding like a whiney bitch.

ROFL

Who the ****, besides the elderly perhaps, is going to be intimidated by Jamie Kennedy?!?!? ROFL

KcMizzou 01-30-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5441588)
See, to me, Pitch Black and Chronicles are kind of like Matrix and Matrix Reloaded. Both of the sequels were good, but not as good as the original, just because they tried to get "too big" with the story. I could be nitpicking some, but Pitch Black just seemed stronger than Chronicles because it was more concise of a story; Chronicles was trying to take on a whole universe worth of storytelling. Although I did enjoy Chronicles, I never felt as "in" to that maove as I did Pitch Black.

Like I said, the Riddick character is a prototypical sci/fi storyline in waiting. I hope they can continue on with it.

I agree. I really liked Pitch Black, but Chronicles felt like it was all style and no substance. Fantastic visuals, and not much else.

Deberg_1990 01-30-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5441768)
I agree. I really liked Pitch Black, but Chronicles felt like it was all style and no substance. Fantastic visuals, and not much else.

To me, im amazed they were able to make a sequel to Pitch Black.

Im fairly certain it was meant to be just a cheap, stand alone, sci-fi horror flick.

It turned out much better than that though....

TrickyNicky 01-30-2009 11:52 PM

Wrong thread, but if you're a Riddick fan, they are re-making the original Xbox game Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay for the 360. It was, and still is, one of the best movie franchise --> video games ever imo (excluding anything Star Wars of course).

KCChiefsMan 01-31-2009 12:26 AM

Pineapple Express was pretty good

Step Brothers not so much, didn't care for it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-31-2009 01:26 AM

So this week I watched Bangkok Dangerous (a pretty shitty flick with all kinds of dumbassery, IMO), and just got back from watching The Strangers at one of my friends' houses. Dumbass ****ing movie, but I tend to hate all horror movies because no one has a goddamned bit of common sense.

I'm going to go watch Taken tomorrow. Hopefully it's as good as the previews look.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-31-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5442696)
So this week I watched Bangkok Dangerous (a pretty shitty flick with all kinds of dumbassery, IMO), and just got back from watching The Strangers at one of my friends' houses. Dumbass ****ing movie, but I tend to hate all horror movies because no one has a goddamned bit of common sense.

I'm going to go watch Taken tomorrow. Hopefully it's as good as the previews look.

Nick Cage looked like a goofball, but I still liked it. I think the deaf chick made it a little better than it should have been.
The whole "apprentice" thing was bullshit though.