ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Fire Me Boy! 01-25-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5424479)
Dude. There's no reason not to go back and watch the classics. They're classic for a reason. (It's ok to enjoy both.)

That said... do check out Dark City. It's a hell of a movie.

:shake:

I thought Dark City was mediocre at BEST. Didn't care for it.

I do own it on DVD... mainly because it was $3.99.

Jenson71 01-25-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWOTI (Post 5424492)
There are exceptions, of course. Generally, though, I don't like older movies.

The movies you like now will someday be older movies, so there has to be more of a distinction. You don't like black and white, etc.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-25-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5424888)

When it first hit HBO, I think I made it through about 10 minutes or so. I might check it out again though.

SWOTI 01-25-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5425351)
The movies you like now will someday be older movies, so there has to be more of a distinction. You don't like black and white, etc.

While I don't like black and white necessarily (again, there are exceptions like Schindler's List), I don't think that there has to be more of a distinction. I like recent movies because I've been around them. When they turn to classics, I'll still like them.

heapshake 01-25-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5424475)
Anybody ever seen "Wristcutters"? I just made it through that...

Was it bad? I had planned on picking it up from the library. I thought it sounded interesting.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-25-2009 11:24 PM

Ah yes, watched some movies today in lieu of no Football. But first, a quick word; Best...Jet Li...Movie...Ever is on Spike TV right now.

"Hero". A must-see.

On to the features.

Saw V:
No way in hell do I pay money to go watch this franchise in the theater or rent it even; thank technology for Limewire. It is however intriguing enough in it's twists and turns storyline-wise to keep me around long enough to find out if the cop will get busted, or if something equally goofy will transpire.

Pineapple Express:
The last two-thirds of this movie were not nearly as funny as the first, but it's still a good watch.
I like the way they ended up back at the "weed bunker" in the last part of the movie.

Bangkok Dangerous:
This was the surprise winner. Cage looks goofy as **** in his "Quasi-Goth Hitman" look, but the story and the supporting cast( his love interest in particular )are fantastic.
The beginning of the movie starts in Prague, one of my old stomping grounds. Ah, what DCS wouldn't give to have a couple of months in the Old City, after the Super Bowl, to romp about and cavort at his whim and leisure! Especially now that we are in a "Honeymoon" of sorts with the European Contingent of the International Community...

A few screen-shots from the beginning of the film:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...snap-30972.png

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...snap-30896.png

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...snap-30999.png

Ahh...that's the stuff.

Hammock Parties 01-25-2009 11:39 PM

Prague: Where DCS sowed his wild oats?

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-25-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5426811)
Prague: Where DCS sowed his wild oats?

One of many places, actually. And the oats are anything but sewn to this very day.

Jenson71 01-26-2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWOTI (Post 5425360)
While I don't like black and white necessarily (again, there are exceptions like Schindler's List), I don't think that there has to be more of a distinction. I like recent movies because I've been around them. When they turn to classics, I'll still like them.

You can't let your tastes in movies or any fine art for that matter be dictated by the chance of your birth year, or place for that matter. If you like knowing the context and backround of films, many classics on DVD come with introductions or booklets that tell the film's story. Just my .02.

KcMizzou 01-26-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5424888)

To each their own.

(But it did get a 76% rating on rottentomatoes.)

I'm not saying you're wrong. Only that your opinion is in the minority.

And that I disagree.

Sure-Oz 01-26-2009 10:29 AM

Saw

Pineapple Express...definite stoner movie with some funny parts but i didn't think it lived up to the hype for me. Rent if you want to see it.

Max Payne...stupid story, nothing really to do with the game, had maybe a few scenes that looked cool on bluray but wasn't worth seeing. 2 straight turds for wahlberg with The Happening and this movie.

Henry Poole is Here....about a guy that has a mark on his house that looks like jesus face and people bug him, about miracles kind've. Incredibly boring and the first 10 minutes of the movie tells you that the movie will stay just like this. Not worth a rent

Thank goodness for netflix...

Also i saw Bangkok Dangerous, that was pretty good and i was suprised it was.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-26-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5427245)
Saw

Pineapple Express...definite stoner movie with some funny parts but i didn't think it lived up to the hype for me. Rent if you want to see it.

Max Payne...stupid story, nothing really to do with the game, had maybe a few scenes that looked cool on bluray but wasn't worth seeing. 2 straight turds for wahlberg with The Happening and this movie.

Henry Poole is Here....about a guy that has a mark on his house that looks like jesus face and people bug him, about miracles kind've. Incredibly boring and the first 10 minutes of the movie tells you that the movie will stay just like this. Not worth a rent

Thank goodness for netflix...

Also i saw Bangkok Dangerous, that was pretty good and i was suprised it was.

Yeah, I watched Max Payne too. It was so good, I forgot to include it in my original post.:rolleyes::doh!:

Sure-Oz 01-26-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5427264)
Yeah, I watched Max Payne too. It was so good, I forgot to include it in my original post.:rolleyes::doh!:

It sucks cause i wanted to stop it a few times but had to see how it ended, and yep a floating turd:doh!:

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-26-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5427272)
It sucks cause i wanted to stop it a few times but had to see how it ended, and yep a floating turd:doh!:

Video games that become movies are by and large shite. Conversely, movies that become video games are usually pretty good.

Sure-Oz 01-26-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5427289)
Video games that become movies are by and large shite. Conversely, movies that become video games are usually pretty good.

True that....

I kind've like Wahlberg in some of his films, the trailer made the movie look decent, im just glad i got it out of the way so i can netflix a better flick.