ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Steel Men Are Coming... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68629)

Crime Fighter - Pillow Biter 09-09-2003 10:55 AM

Steel Men Are Coming...

to invade Kansas City, so get ready to see the best team in the AFC...

The Steelers are loaded on offense and basically have all of the skilled players a team can have. Plaxico Burress, Hines Ward, Randle El, Jay Riemersma, Amos, Bettis, Haynes, and don't forget about Tommy. We have one hell of a potent offense and can run and pass very well. Also, our O-line is developing nicely and is very strong up the middle...

Our defense is much improved after last year and our guys now have a chip on their shoulders. Our defensive backfield is improved with Mike Logan stepping in for the slower, departed, Lee Flowers. Chad Scott is healthy and Washington is playing more aggressively and making plays. Yes, he did have 2 pass interference penalties that totaled over 60+ yards, but I liked his improved play. Our LBs are the best in the business with the likes of Kendrell Bell, Jason Gildon, and James Farrior. With Porter out, Clark Haggans is no slouch. Also our defensive front is very underrated and can not only stop the run but can pressure the QB...

Special teams is probably the weakest link to the team but our punter and kicker are strong. We didn't do as well as we should have last week with this unit, but for the most part, we improved as the game went on...

I saw the great plays that the Chiefs had against hapless Chargers, a team that really folded down the stretch last year, nonetheless, though, you guys got a divisional win and those are always important...

Priest Holmes, a former Raven, knows exactly what the Steelers bring to the game. Morton looks good and your QB play is impressive with Trent Green. Dicky V is one of the best coaches in the NFL...

The Steelers are going to come into your house and look to notch up a big win. Can the Chiefs hang with one of the new powerhouse teams in the AFC?

It should be a great game and a meaningful one, since it could have playoff implications down the stretch...

HERE WE GO STEE-LERS, HERE WE GO!

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

DaWolf 09-09-2003 11:00 AM

All I know is that you won't be playing against a rookie QB this week, so your D better be ready to bring it against one of the most lethal offenses in the NFL... ;)

KCTitus 09-09-2003 11:01 AM

Yeah, KC might actually have to play 4 quarters instead of 2 this time...

Good luck.

TRR 09-09-2003 11:02 AM

I could not stand being a Steelers fan. You know exactly what your getting from them every single season. You get a solid team that plays tough D and for the most part, mistake free O. You would know as a Steelers fan, that your team is playoff caliber, barring injuries, but in the back of your mind, you also know that you aren't getting to the big one either. I would rather a team not make the playoffs than consistently lose again, and again, and again in the playoffs year after year.

I couldn't take it. There's no mystery involved with the Steelers.

Bob Dole 09-09-2003 11:08 AM

Useless statistical note of the day...

Kansas City has won 12 of its last 13 games against QBs in their first or second year as NFL starters who are making their initial appearance as a starter at Arrowhead.

Maddox has never started a game at Arrowhead.

Hammock Parties 09-09-2003 11:10 AM

Steelers are toast, but it will be a close game.

Braincase 09-09-2003 11:13 AM

What sauce should we have with Steeler ribs? You know Priest will serve up a mess of burnt ends... and burnt tackles...burnt linebackers.

There's only one guy I like on the Steelers - and he has what I consider to be the coolest sounding name in football...

KC Jones 09-09-2003 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team RamRod
I could not stand being a Steelers fan. You know exactly what your getting from them every single season. You get a solid team that plays tough D and for the most part, mistake free O. You would know as a Steelers fan, that your team is playoff caliber, barring injuries, but in the back of your mind, you also know that you aren't getting to the big one either. I would rather a team not make the playoffs than consistently lose again, and again, and again in the playoffs year after year.

You're wrong. Cowher has changed considerably. This year they are very much a pass first and open up the field type of offense. Maddox + their WRs are their greatest strength. Their O-lines rush blocking is pretty weak too.

TRR 09-09-2003 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones
You're wrong. Cowher has changed considerably. This year they are very much a pass first and open up the field type of offense. Maddox + their WRs are their greatest strength. Their O-lines rush blocking is pretty weak too.

So your telling me the Steelers are going to the Super Bowl? LOL! Cowher did change from a run first, to a pass first team which does give the Steelers a more explosive offense, mainly because Jerome Bettis just doesn't have it in him anymore to pound on teams for 4 straight quarters. But if you think the Steelers are going to finish any better than 10-6 to 11-5 and a win or two in the playoffs, then your crazy. Or maybe you should just go root for them instead.

KHinz57 09-09-2003 11:26 AM

First off it's never a good idea to come over from another board and start smack, especially when you really didn't play anybody and after the excellent first game we had.

Rausch 09-09-2003 11:28 AM

Quote:

So your telling me the Steelers are going to the Super Bowl? LOL! Cowher did change from a run first, to a pass first team which does give the Steelers a more explosive offense, mainly because Jerome Bettis just doesn't have it in him anymore to pound on teams for 4 straight quarters. But if you think the Steelers are going to finish any better than 10-6 to 11-5 and a win or two in the playoffs, then your crazy. Or maybe you should just go root for them instead.

Lay off...He's got a good point. No reason to be so rude.

And I do cheer for them as well. Just not this week....

Baby Lee 09-09-2003 11:28 AM

Quote:

I'm sure you are aware that Cowher actually has taken the Steelers to the Super Bowl. And considering there are AT MOST 4 games in the playoffs, "a win or two" is nothing to sneeze at. I'm no big fan of the Steelers, but I'm likewise no big fan of people denigrating a pedigree that is as respectablem enviable even, as Cowher's and the Steelers. It's just not realistic.

TRR 09-09-2003 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRAD_CAUDLE
Lay off...He's got a good point. No reason to be so rude.

And I do cheer for them as well. Just not this week....

Lay off? Don't be so rude? Where was I rude. I stated my opinion, he told me I was wrong, so I explained my opinion in detail a little more. The whole, root for them comment was made jokingly. Obviously if your on this board, your a big KC fan. I think you need to lighten up a little bit.

KC Jones 09-09-2003 11:32 AM

Quote:

I'm not saying they're going to the SB, but I think they are good enough to have a chance to go. I'm just saying that you're wrong thinking this is the same type of Steelers team from Cowher's early years. Yes they still play a 3-4 and have a very good front seven, but their secondary is not what it once was. I think Maddox is a huge upgrade over Kordell, and they have some very dangerous WRs. Best of all they play in the weakest division. That alone will help them get into the playoffs - and maybe even home field advantage. This game could very much be a preview of the post season.

TRR 09-09-2003 11:33 AM

It's just my opinion, which I am entitled to. I would rather a team not go to the playoffs then see them lose season after season. It's a great accomplishment to be able to win consistantly enough to put your team into the playoffs each season, but at some point, you need to take that next step and win a Super Bowl. At some point, playoffs just don't cut it anymore. The Steelers and Cowher haven't been able to do that. And they won't be able to do that this season either. It doesn't matter what the O philosophy is.

I'm aware that Cowher led them to a Super Bowl. Only to let there fans and team down again as O'Donnell choked it away.

TRR 09-09-2003 11:34 AM

Never did I say anywhere in my reply that this was the same type of team like Cowher had in his early years.

DaWolf 09-09-2003 11:37 AM

I'm not a Cowher fan either but he's a good coach. I prefer that he not be my team's coach, but he's a good coach...

htismaqe 09-09-2003 11:38 AM

Quote:

Gee, I wonder where that came from...Cowher is a chip off the ole' block...just like Daddy Shittenheimer...

HoustonChiefFan 09-09-2003 11:41 AM

I'm not really worried about a team that lost to the Texans at home last year.

Sorry, just practicing my smack talking.:)

I think it'll be a shootout to the third quarter, at which time the Steelers will run out of bullets.

The_Grand_Illusion 09-09-2003 11:56 AM

Two quality teams going at it this week. I think it will come down to the ground game and who stops the run better. The Chiefs D did a great job against LT last week. Hopefully they will continue to do a good job this week too.

You better hope the Steelers D has improved against the run since their last meeting with Priest two years ago. IIRC, he had 150 yards rushing in that game. I believe the Chiefs running game and offensive line is a more cohesive unit since two years ago. The all around offense has improved alot since then too. Priest has had good games against your D as a Chief and Raven. If your D can stop Priest, I see a very close game. If Priest has a big day, it keeps your potent air attack off the field and I give a big edge to the Chiefs.

TGI

SanDiegoSteeler 09-09-2003 11:59 AM

Quote:

I can understand Chefs fan. When December rolls around you have your Sundays available for getting that Christmas shopping done. I envy you.

You guys are riding high after beating a rebuilding SD team. Nice offense. Let's see what happens when you have to face a "playoff caliber" team.
Our D is a "bit tougher this year" and our O is a "bit more mysterious". Oh and by the way‚ I rather enjoy being a Pittsburgh Steeler fan.

Crime Fighter - Pillow Biter 09-09-2003 12:29 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when was the last time the Chiefs made it to the playoffs? You beat a lowly Charger team and all of a sudden you believe that you are Super Bowl bound? The Steelers lost to the Titans last year and it was a close game. Yes we came up on the short end of the stick but we picked up where we left off of last year. Plus, this team is experienced enough to not only get to the Super Bowl, but win it...

Tampa Bay felt how good we were becoming last year when we went to their house and kicked their tails...

I'm not saying that the Chiefs are not a good team, especially with the weapon you have in Holmes but remember that we know him well from his days with the Ravens. Holmes is a real playmaker but teams don't run the ball against the Steelers. THAT IS A FACT! Trent Green is going to have to beat us with his arm and that opens him up to serious pressure from our D. Plus, Trent Green hasn't taken the team anywhere so I'm too worried about him at this point...

No more Kordell to srew up games for the Steelers and Chicago has to deal with him now. The Steelers have Tommy Maddox, a guy that can stretch the field with all of his weapons. Tommy is going to show you why the Steelers are the best team in the AFC. HE'S NO FLUKE!

And never, ever underestimate Cowher. He's made improvements on the Steelers and the Rooneys kept him around because he is one of the best in the business. He makes the necessary adjustments based on his talent available...

We are now a passing team first but always run the football well. The Ravens have a good run defense with Ray Lewis, Peter Boulware, and their rookie, Suggs, but they were weak ini pass defense...

The Chiefs better protect Green and execute to perfection if they have a shot at beating the Steelers...

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

SanDiegoSteeler 09-09-2003 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Grand_Illusion
Two quality teams going at it this week. I think it will come down to the ground game and who stops the run better. The Chiefs D did a great job against LT last week. Hopefully they will continue to do a good job this week too.

You better hope the Steelers D has improved against the run since their last meeting with Priest two years ago. IIRC, he had 150 yards rushing in that game. I believe the Chiefs running game and offensive line is a more cohesive unit since two years ago. The all around offense has improved alot since then too. Priest has had good games against your D as a Chief and Raven. If your D can stop Priest, I see a very close game. If Priest has a big day, it keeps your potent air attack off the field and I give a big edge to the Chiefs.

TGI

Priest is a Great back and an all around Great guy. Don't think anyone can "stop" him. He'll get his yards but Steelers have the speed to contain him.
I agree key will be who can keep the other teams offense off the field the longest. You guys seem to think we have forgotten how to run. Our O line wasn't set until late in preseason. Generally run game takes a bit longer to come around. Steelers run game will continue to improve as season progresses. This week‚ we attempt to see if its up to par yet. I have seen flashes. We can play barn burner game too these days. Although exciting‚ that would favor your team.
If we can establish the run we win comfortably. If we can't‚ it's whoever has the ball last.

HC_Chief 09-09-2003 12:34 PM

Holmes ran all over your ass last time you faced him (20 carries, <I.<b>150yds</i></b>) :p
and don't give me any of that 'yeah, but we won' crap - we have a <i>completely</i> revamped receiver corps since that game and a QB who has two solid legs under him.

You fools are walking into the jaws of the beast, baby. Top scoring O of last season and no signs of slowing down. Uh-oh, looks like we've now got a defense too :evil:

KCTitus 09-09-2003 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crime Fighter
...The Chiefs better protect Green and execute to perfection if they have a shot at beating the Steelers...

Cake.

KCTitus 09-09-2003 12:36 PM

FTR, KC hasnt been in the playoffs since 1997--that's long enough ago that that smack line is about as weak as it gets.

Find something new, squealer fans.

morphius 09-09-2003 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteeler
I can understand Chefs fan. When December rolls around you have your Sundays available for getting that Christmas shopping done. I envy you.

You guys are riding high after beating a rebuilding SD team. Nice offense. Let's see what happens when you have to face a "playoff caliber" team.
Our D is a "bit tougher this year" and our O is a "bit more mysterious". Oh and by the way‚ I rather enjoy being a Pittsburgh Steeler fan.

I guess I'm going to need more proof that your D is much better then last year then a win against the consistenly offensively challanged Ravens. I mean, stuffing an offense that was only better then Houston, Carolina, Dallas, Chicago, Detriot and Arizona last year would not cause me to dance in the streets. Remember, you are facing the best OL in the league, and the number one scoring offense last year, and everyone is healthy and back.

The Steelers will be a good challange for our D, we did a great job last week against a team that lives off of the number 2 RB in the league last year (yards wise), now we have to see how our pass D can hold up against a team with some quality receivers. It will be a good measuring stick as to where our D is going to end up this year.

This should be a good measuring stick early in the season for both teams to see if they have improved enough.

Bob Dole 09-09-2003 12:37 PM

Quote:

Bob Dole is really enjoying how quickly San Diego went from a highly touted offensive powerhouse with a good-but-young defense, to a "rebuilding team" in a little more than 3 hours...

Keep doubting the Chiefs, Squeeler fans. Bob Dole sure hopes your players are as foolhardy.

HC_Chief 09-09-2003 12:38 PM

What's REALLY funny is they go from bagging on SD's O to pounding their chest about shutting out a ROOKIE QB-LED Ravens squad

"um, well you guys didn't beat nobody...... but WE did! yeah, that's it! derrrr"
lol :D

Chief Faithful 09-09-2003 12:39 PM

It is hard for me to talk smack with the Steelers for three reasons; I like the Steelers, they are not in the AFC West, and they are a good team.

Although I like the Steelers, the Chiefs have had relative success at home against them with Chiefs teams that are only half as capable as this years team.

The Steelers are going to have their hands full against the Chiefs OLine simply because they are the best, barr none. They can drive and pass block equally well. One good way to attach a 3-4 defense is to smash it right up the middle. With players like Shields, Waters and Richardson there will be room for Holmes to run. This will open up play action that result in a number of big plays.

There is no doubt the Chiefs have the tools, experience and talent to score on the Steelers. The key to this game is how well the Chiefs defense can stop Maddox. This is where home field will pay dividends. The crowd is going to be rocking in the loudest stadium in the NFL. The Red Horde up front are going to be creating havoc. The Steelers OLine is going to have to be on the top of their game to keep Maddox from getting hammered.

I don't think the Steelers run game is going to help. Once the run is stuffed the play action will not help. This means a dink dunk game. Barber and Fujita need to be ready.

MrBlond 09-09-2003 12:41 PM

See what one win against a rookie QB and an overrated secondary will do for fans confidence?

Pre-season Steelers are in disarray. Beat the barely middle-of-the-pack Ravens at home and now "The Steel Men are coming!"

ROYC75 09-09-2003 12:43 PM

After the Steelers lose on Sunday, they will still say they are better than us anyway.

Comments like......

We played you on your turf, come to our our house.
Porter was out .
Ref's cost'd us the game.
Tommy had a bad game .

But that's OK, it's the same shit we here week in and week out !

Sunday is coming, but not fast enought to shut up the opponets.

SanDiegoSteeler 09-09-2003 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Dole
Bob Dole is really enjoying how quickly San Diego went from a highly touted offensive powerhouse with a good-but-young defense, to a "rebuilding team" in a little more than 3 hours...

Keep doubting the Chiefs, Squeeler fans. Bob Dole sure hopes your players are as foolhardy.

Martyball? Highly touted-offensive powerhouse? Guess I missed something. Don't think so‚ I live here remember.
SD Defense dismantled from last year. Young and upcoming? Yes.
Marty will have them playing better come the end of the year.

SanDiegoSteeler 09-09-2003 12:58 PM

lol reading back through the last few chef posts.

The steelers have been playing the 3-4 since Reagan was in office? Consistantly ranked #1 against the run. Whatever.

Excuses? Same shit week in and week out? gimme a break. I know your excited about your team but really what do you have to brag about lately?

the Talking Can 09-09-2003 01:00 PM

"I'm not saying that the Chiefs are not a good team, especially with the weapon you have in Holmes but remember that we know him well from his days with the Ravens. Holmes is a real playmaker but teams don't run the ball against the Steelers. THAT IS A FACT!"

A minor point, but several times an allusion to Priest in Baltimore has been made by Steeler fans...a very subtle way of downgrading what is the best RB in the NFL....this is obvious, but here goes: the KC Priest compares to the Balt. Priest the way a smart bomb compares to a fire cracker...if you haven't watched Priest the last two years you are in for the shock of your life, and....and, you won't believe me when I say this, "Oh, typical home bs...", but it doesn't matter because it is a fact: Priest is faster now than last year...I didn't believe it myself until I saw it over and over again, but it is true and amazing....so anyways, sell Priest short, he LOVES that!....but the real reason it makes no sense to mention Balt. (actually there are 2, bear with me) is the system...this not your Marty's offense...it is hi-tech, efficient and unconcerned with human emotion...my re-occurring theme for the year is going to be: RESPECT AL SAUNDERS!....opposing fans never mention his name and yet, he is the key...the best,imo, offensive coordinator in the League, he excels at taking defenses apart and is even as we speak in the lab creating plays and variations of plays and variations of variations of plays JUST FOR PITTSBURGH...he knows no mercy and DV has said several times that Saunders always wants to go for the kill, while DV is much more measured...whew!...where are we? oh yeah, point #2: The OL...best in the NFL. Period. Roaf swallows players whole like jalapeno cheese poppers and Shields and Waters are the Starski and Hutch(huh?) of pulling guards...but seriously, our OL routinely makes blocks 10 yards down field and they and Priest operate like one Borg mind assimilating all before them...whatever happens I promise you will come back here after the game and say, "Wow, your OL is unbelievable..." because they are...like it or not we ARE going to run against you, around you, and through you...I've not yet seen the DT that can beat Will Shields for 4 quarters...doesn't happen....so, now that my minor objection has been heard, let me end by saying: I think Pittsburgh is a good team and they are the favorites in this game, they have been to the playoffs and earned their respect while we are still earning ours...I know we can win, I think we will, but I won't be surprised if we don't because until we prove it on the field Pittsburgh is the better team.

We'll know after Sunday if our D is for real. Krikes am I ready for some football.

HC_Chief 09-09-2003 01:00 PM

Quote:

but really what do you have to brag about lately?
Oh, just th top scoring O in the league...... best RB, best OL; a unit that AVERAGED about 30ppg and shows no signs of slowing down.
Which is <I>exactly</i> what you steeler tools keep overlooking. :p

KCTitus 09-09-2003 01:01 PM

Quote:

...I know your excited about your team but really what do you have to brag about lately?

I mean, the nerve of us really and on a Chiefs BB to boot. We should be ashamed of ourselves for not just forfeiting this game now. :rolleyes:

Sure-Oz 09-09-2003 01:02 PM

I hope you guys come back after you lose, i hate it when people don't come back and take their crow, we will be here no matter what, after all it is a chiefs board and we should be excited.

KCTitus 09-09-2003 01:06 PM

I like the 'We know Priest from Baltimore' nonsense...it's as if these geniouses (chiefsplanet spelling) saw the same person. Somehow, I doubt that to be the case.

Let's look back and remember....When with Baltimore Priest had one 1000yd rushing season while getting hurt the following year and having a subpar year in 2000--The same year Baltimore drafts a RB and Priest finds himself on the bench only to be dropped in FA the following year.

The last 2 years, Priest has been the most prolific RB in the history of the NFL.

Yep, sounds like the same guy to me. Im pretty sure that Baltimore out of pure fear of the Steelers let Priest go.

Baby Lee 09-09-2003 01:07 PM

Quote:

It's just my opinion, which I am entitled to. I would rather a team not go to the playoffs then see them lose season after season. It's a great accomplishment to be able to win consistantly enough to put your team into the playoffs each season, but at some point, you need to take that next step and win a Super Bowl. At some point, playoffs just don't cut it anymore. The Steelers and Cowher haven't been able to do that. And they won't be able to do that this season either. It doesn't matter what the O philosophy is.

I'm aware that Cowher led them to a Super Bowl. Only to let there fans and team down again as O'Donnell choked it away.

Geezus fir-icken Crisse. They do something the Chiefs haven't done in my lifetime, and get closer to that goal than we do year in year out, and you look down on it? Only one team wins the SB every year, and being in the mix, and no they aren't a one and done team in the playoffs either. Get a little perspective, would'ya?

ChiTown 09-09-2003 01:09 PM

Quote:

I know your excited about your team but really what do you have to brag about lately?

:spock:

Seriously, what the hell have the Steelers won since Bradshaw left. I know you're excited about your team, but you haven't housed a Lombardi trophy in Pittsburgh since 1980......

:rolleyes:

Bearcat 09-09-2003 01:09 PM

Quote:

Nice offense. Let's see what happens when you have to face a "playoff caliber" team.

We know what our offense can do. We might be playing against a better defense this week, but you're playing a much better offense. We aren't as worried about putting points on the board as we are having to contain 3 good receivers.

Quote:

I know your excited about your team but really what do you have to brag about lately?

The same thing you came on to our board to brag about.... being 1-0. :shrug:

Baby Lee 09-09-2003 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
"I'm not saying that the Chiefs are not a good team, especially with the weapon you have in Holmes but remember that we know him well from his days with the Ravens. Holmes is a real playmaker but teams don't run the ball against the Steelers. THAT IS A FACT!"

A minor point, but several times an allusion to Priest in Baltimore has been made by Steeler fans...a very subtle way of downgrading what is the best RB in the NFL....this is obvious, but here goes: the KC Priest compares to the Balt. Priest the way a smart bomb compares to a fire cracker...if you haven't watched Priest the last two years you are in for the shock of your life, and....and, you won't believe me when I say this, "Oh, typical home bs...", but it doesn't matter because it is a fact: Priest is faster now than last year...I didn't believe it myself until I saw it over and over again, but it is true and amazing....so anyways, sell Priest short, he LOVES that!....but the real reason it makes no sense to mention Balt. (actually there are 2, bear with me) is the system...this not your Marty's offense...it is hi-tech, efficient and unconcerned with human emotion...my re-occurring theme for the year is going to be: RESPECT AL SAUNDERS!....opposing fans never mention his name and yet, he is the key...the best,imo, offensive coordinator in the League, he excels at taking defenses apart and is even as we speak in the lab creating plays and variations of plays and variations of variations of plays JUST FOR PITTSBURGH...he knows no mercy and DV has said several times that Saunders always wants to go for the kill, while DV is much more measured...whew!...where are we? oh yeah, point #2: The OL...best in the NFL. Period. Roaf swallows players whole like jalapeno cheese poppers and Shields and Waters are the Starski and Hutch(huh?) of pulling guards...but seriously, our OL routinely makes blocks 10 yards down field and they and Priest operate like one Borg mind assimilating all before them...whatever happens I promise you will come back here after the game and say, "Wow, your OL is unbelievable..." because they are...like it or not we ARE going to run against you, around you, and through you...I've not yet seen the DT that can beat Will Shields for 4 quarters...doesn't happen....so, now that my minor objection has been heard, let me end by saying: I think Pittsburgh is a good team and they are the favorites in this game, they have been to the playoffs and earned their respect while we are still earning ours...I know we can win, I think we will, but I won't be surprised if we don't because until we prove it on the field Pittsburgh is the better team.

We'll know after Sunday if our D is for real. Krikes am I ready for some football.

Not to mention that he punked them with regularity even when he was with the Ravens. I don't know the numbers, but I saw something where he had the highest average [in some for, yards per carry, or total yards per game] of any RB ever against the Steelers while in Balt.

Sure-Oz 09-09-2003 01:13 PM

You guys are in Arrowhead as well it won't be a cake walk.

Chief Faithful 09-09-2003 01:16 PM

Quote:

Geezus fir-icken Crisse. They do something the Chiefs haven't done in my lifetime, and get closer to that goal than we do year in year out, and you look down on it? Only one team wins the SB every year, and being in the mix, and no they aren't a one and done team in the playoffs either. Get a little perspective, would'ya?
Only as long as it doesn't apply to the Faiders.

SanDiegoSteeler 09-09-2003 01:18 PM

I believe I gave you props for your great O. If not YOU HAVE A GREAT O! Can score on anyone. Read somewhere back in thread about your OC. I like ours too. Two seasoned head coaches with great assistants. 2 teams with lots of talent (still think we have more but…) As stated‚ its going to be a good game and test for both teams. I learned a little visiting. Thanks. Gotta go. Good Luck.

DenverChief 09-09-2003 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat

The same thing you came on to our board to brag about.... being 1-0. :shrug:

ROFL :thumb:

Coogs 09-09-2003 01:19 PM

Quote:

From 10/14/2001...

PASSING PASSING
CP/AT YDS TD INT CP/AT YDS TD INT
Stewart 15/25 141 1 0 Green 16/33 127 0 1

RUSHING RUSHING
ATT YDS TD FUM ATT YDS TD FUM
Bettis 19 112 0 0 Holmes 20 150 2 0

Bob Dole 09-09-2003 01:25 PM

Quote:

Martyball? Highly touted-offensive powerhouse? Guess I missed something. Don't think so‚ I live here remember.

Yes, you clearly missed a lot of things.

As a quick example:

Prior to Sunday's dismantling, 13,632 Bolt fans polled thought:

56.2% thought Tomlinson will lead the NFL in rushing this season
59.7% thought SD would finish 1st or 2nd in the West
76.6% thought SD would win in excess of 8 games.

Yup...sounds like the fan expectations for a "rebuilding" year to Bob Dole.

(Source: SportsNation poll on ESPN.com)

KCTitus 09-09-2003 01:27 PM

waitaminit...you mean there are more than 13 THOUSAND Dolt fans? I thought there were like 6 or 8 or something like that.

Bwana 09-09-2003 01:29 PM

"Steel Men Are Coming..."

:spock:

And the cutting torch is waiting for you. Prepare to leave in several little pieces in the back of a scrap truck.

Brock 09-09-2003 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs
From 10/14/2001...

PASSING PASSING
CP/AT YDS TD INT CP/AT YDS TD INT
Stewart 15/25 141 1 0 Green 16/33 127 0 1

RUSHING RUSHING
ATT YDS TD FUM ATT YDS TD FUM
Bettis 19 112 0 0 Holmes 20 150 2 0

Not only that, but Holmes routinely had 100+ yard games vs. Pitt when he was in Baltimore.

KCTitus 09-09-2003 01:32 PM

You know, now that I think about it...Im kind of jealous of Steeler fans. I mean look at that cake walk division. At least 4 'expansion' team wins almost every year until the NFL re-aligned. My God, think about how easy it would be for KC to make the playoffs with a guaranteed 4-0 start to every season.

I forgot to ask SDS how he like stealing Todd Peterson from us last year. *snicker*

picasso 09-09-2003 01:36 PM

Quote from Priest:

"Defense looked awesome, didn't it?" he asked. "People asked me, `How's the defense going to look?' And I told them, `Come out to the game and see for yourself.' "

He smiled. He looked around the empty locker room.

"They all left, huh?" (the reporters) he asked. "See, there's a reason I won't do interviews for a while. In my mind, all these people had opinions about me before this game. They all decided to run with their opinions -- `Priest is done,' `Priest will never be the same,' `Priest isn't worth the money,' all that.

"Well, they didn't talk to me then. They did just fine without me. So why do they need me now? They have all sorts of opinions about me. Fine. They can take another stab at it."

Come on Steelers run with your opinions - take a stab at the man.
Priest is on a mission baby and Sunday your gonna get rolled up on.
And our defense is gonna light up Tommy all day.

Steelers 10
Chiefs 36 4 TDs (1 turnover TD) 2 FGs 1 Saftey (2nd Qtr)

Crime Fighter - Pillow Biter 09-09-2003 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by picasso
Quote from Priest:

"Defense looked awesome, didn't it?" he asked. "People asked me, `How's the defense going to look?' And I told them, `Come out to the game and see for yourself.' "

He smiled. He looked around the empty locker room.

"They all left, huh?" (the reporters) he asked. "See, there's a reason I won't do interviews for a while. In my mind, all these people had opinions about me before this game. They all decided to run with their opinions -- `Priest is done,' `Priest will never be the same,' `Priest isn't worth the money,' all that.

"Well, they didn't talk to me then. They did just fine without me. So why do they need me now? They have all sorts of opinions about me. Fine. They can take another stab at it."

Come on Steelers run with your opinions - take a stab at the man.
Priest is on a mission baby and Sunday your gonna get rolled up on.
And our defense is gonna light up Tommy all day.

Steelers 10
Chiefs 36 4 TDs (1 turnover TD) 2 FGs 1 Saftey (2nd Qtr)

Bring on Holmes because our LBs are the best in the NFL and we will show little Holmes what Steeler football is like. I can't wait to come back here and read all of the remarks about how Black and Gold came into your house and dominated. No one on your offense is all that great. Holmes is turning out to be a very good back but he's not going to be one of the elite against one of the best run defenses in football. When you got guys like Kendrell Bell knocking RBs on their tails, Holmes better look out! He's going to remember when the Steelers use to stick it to him when he was a member of the Ravens. Trust me, the Steelers have the experience to COME INTO YOUR HOUSE AND TAKE THIS GAME...

Burress is going to eat up your secondary! What is your team going to do to stop all of our weapons on offense? We've assembled a GREAT OFFENSIVE TEAM and I know that the Chiefs aren't going to know what him them come 4:00pm on Sunday...

You claim that your O-line is the best and this and that but where has it gotten you? Yes, 1-0 thus far but wait until Sunday! You boys from KC are finally going to realize that the Steel Men from Pittsburgh are going arrive and send the Chiefs back to the drawing board...

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

http://www.sanfords.net/Spots_free_g.../pithelmet.gif

ptlyon 09-09-2003 01:56 PM

Quote:

Bring on Holmes because our LBs are the best in the NFL and we will show little Holmes what Steeler football is like. I can't wait to come back here and read all of the remarks about how Black and Gold came into your house and dominated. No one on your offense is all that great. Holmes is turning out to be a very good back but he's not going to be one of the elite against one of the best run defenses in football. When you got guys like Kendrell Bell knocking RBs on their tails, Holmes better look out! He's going to remember when the Steelers use to stick it to him when he was a member of the Ravens. Trust me, the Steelers have the experience to COME INTO YOUR HOUSE AND TAKE THIS GAME...

Burress is going to eat up your secondary! What is your team going to do to stop all of our weapons on offense? We've assembled a GREAT OFFENSIVE TEAM and I know that the Chiefs aren't going to know what him them come 4:00pm on Sunday...

You claim that your O-line is the best and this and that but where has it gotten you? Yes, 1-0 thus far but wait until Sunday! You boys from KC are finally going to realize that the Steel Men from Pittsburgh are going arrive and send the Chiefs back to the drawing board...

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

:bong:

KCTitus 09-09-2003 01:56 PM

Oh good Lord...that's terrible. Here:

Quote:

You Will Suffer Humiliation When The Sports Team From My Area Defeats The Sports Team From Your Area

As you can see from the calendar, the game is coming up this weekend. I'm sure you are as excited for it as I am, as our cities are rivals and have been for quite some time. Your confidence in your team is high, but rest assured, you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area.

On numerous occasions, you have expressed the conviction that your area's sports team will be victorious. I must admit that every time I hear you make this proclamation, I react with both laughter and disbelief. "Ha!" I say to myself with laughter. "What?!" I say to myself in disbelief. How could you believe that your sports team could beat my sports team? It is clear that yours is inferior in every way.

When the sporting contest begins, the players on your team will be treated as though they are inconsequential. It will be remarkably easy for my team to accumulate more points than yours. There are many reasons for this, starting with the inferior physical attributes of the players representing your area. Strength, speed, and agility are just three of the qualities that the players on the team from your area lack. The players representing my area, on the other hand, have these traits in abundance.

I would not be a bit surprised if the individuals on the team from your area were sexually attracted to members of their own gender. That is how ineffective they are on the field of battle.

Underscoring your team's inferiority is its choice of colors. It is ludicrous to believe that your team's colors inspire either respect or fear. Instead, they appear to have been chosen by someone who is colorblind or, perhaps, bereft of sight altogether. The colors for my team, on the other hand, are aesthetically pleasing when placed in proximity to one another. They are a superior color combination in every way.

While we are on the subject of aesthetics, let us compare the respective facilities in which our teams play. While my team's edifice is blessed with architectural splendor and the most modern of amenities, yours is a thoroughly unpleasant place in which to watch a sporting contest. I know of what I speak, for I once attended a game between our respective teams in your facility. Let's just say the experience left me wishing that my car was inoperable that day due to mechanical problems, rendering it impossible for me to get to your area to attend the game.

If you need another reason why the sporting franchise representing my area is superior, look no further than the supporters for the two sides. Not only are the supporters of the team from my region more spirited, but they are also more intelligent and of finer breeding than you and the rest of your ilk. In addition, the female supporters of the team from my area possess more attractive countenances and figures than yours. Some of the women from my side that I have observed could make a living by posing for pictures for major men's magazines. The women who cheer for your team, I'm afraid, are far too unattractive to do so.

One of the more pathetic aspects of the team from your area is the fact that only people in your immediate area possess an affinity for it. By means of contrast, the team from my area inspires loyalty and affection in individuals who live in many other geographic locations.

To illustrate this point, let me tell a brief story: Recently, I was on vacation in an area of the country far away from my own, and I saw many individuals wearing items of clothing that bore the insignia of my team. I approached one such individual and asked him if he originated from my area. He said no, explaining that he simply liked the team from my area and had for many years. Interestingly enough, during this trip, I saw no clothing or other paraphernalia bearing the insignia of your team.

Do you still doubt that the team from your area is inferior to the one from mine? Just look at our teams' respective histories. In the past, we have defeated you on any number of occasions. Granted, there were times when your team beat my team, but those were lucky flukes.

The day of the game will soon be at hand. And no matter how hard you pray to a higher power or how many foam accoutrements you wear in support of the team from your area, your team will be defeated. We will win and you will lose. This is your fate.

Prepare for humiliation. It shall be upon you at the designated hour.
:rolleyes:

Bwana 09-09-2003 01:58 PM

Crime Fighter; Just make sure you have the nads to show up after the game Sunday. I will be here Win, lose or draw.

BTW: Do you like your crow baked or boiled?

WilliamTheIrish 09-09-2003 02:00 PM

Alright!!! Glad the Steelers fans are here!!!!

.... I don't remember getting many fans in here from outside the AFC West during game week, save for the Pats Falling Allice, so it looks to be that ChiefsPlanet is becoming more popular.

This is a good thing.

One thing that will need to change prior to the game Sunday, is Saunders must pound it into Green's coconut to not hold the ball too long. Green was solid, but I'd rather he didn't take the kind of shots that forced him to fumble in the second half last week. Trent can't take those kind of shots and live through the season. The Chiefs NEED him to make any run at all for the division and beyond.
Throw it away when you have to Trent!!!!!

This game really is a pick 'em.

Chiefs 31-20.

DaWolf 09-09-2003 02:04 PM

Hey that's fine. Miami fans talked smack with their defense too and yes, they shut down Holmes, and we still hung 48 on them. This is not a one man team. You can shut him down, we'll just pick you apart elsewhere...

Crime Fighter - Pillow Biter 09-09-2003 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
Crime Fighter; Just make sure you have the nads to show up after the game Sunday. I will be here Win, lose or draw.

I give you MY WORD that I'll be here. I'm watching the game at my buddy's house on Direct TV so I'll be here about 16:45 to talk about our big win...

Are you guys worried at all about this game? I'm a bit nervous because of the excitement and the anxiety surrounding the game but we've played many of big games over the past several years. I think playing in that Cleveland game and losing to the Titans really fired us up. We are playing with more of a purpose this year. Plus, Tommy Maddox is really in a comfort zone with the offense. If you guys don't have the D to get to him, I think it could be a long, long day for you...

Our O-line, especially with Faneca, Hartings, and Kendell Simmons can block the best of them. I'm not worried about protecting Tommy. These guys are some of the best in the business...

Man, no matter what happens, this game is going to be fun to watch!

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

DaWolf 09-09-2003 02:09 PM

Quote:

I give you MY WORD that I'll be here. I'm watching the game at my buddy's house on Direct TV so I'll be here about 16:45 to talk about our big win...

Are you guys worried at all about this game? I'm a bit nervous because of the excitement and the anxiety surrounding the game but we've played many of big games over the past several years. I think playing in that Cleveland game and losing to the Titans really fired us up. We are playing with more of a purpose this year. Plus, Tommy Maddox is really in a comfort zone with the offense. If you guys don't have the D to get to him, I think it could be a long, long day for you...
[/B]

I'm excited because this will be a very good measuring stick for our team. Our team has come into this season super confident and with Super Bowl aspirations, being that it is Vermeil's third year, so they are also playing with a purpose. Plus, you guys play Cincy next week, and we play the Texans next week, so neither team will be looking past this game. I anticipate a really good battle...

Bwana 09-09-2003 02:15 PM

Quote:

Our O-line, especially with Faneca, Hartings, and Kendell Simmons can block the best of them. I'm not worried about protecting Tommy. These guys are some of the best in the business...

Man, no matter what happens, this game is going to be fun to watch!

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

Fair enough CF, I'll expect you after the game. I have a feeling it is is going to be be one of the best of the season and should have been on Monday Night Football. As far as our D line, I think you will be surprised if you think Maddox won't get thumped a few times. There is a huge difference between what we had last year and what we have now in the talent department. I am more worried about the match up between your WR's and our CB's to be honest. BTW: Welcome to the board. :thumb:

Sure-Oz 09-09-2003 02:31 PM

Quote:

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

You really need to make that your sig if you plan on being here longer, rather than typing it everytime. ;)

Crime Fighter - Pillow Biter 09-09-2003 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
Fair enough CF, I'll expect you after the game. I have a feeling it is is going to be be one of the best of the season and should have been on Monday Night Football. As far as our D line, I think you will be surprised if you think Maddox won't get thumped a few times. There is a huge difference between what we had last year and what we have now in the talent department. I am more worried about the match up between your WR's and our CB's to be honest. BTW: Welcome to the board. :thumb:

Thanks, Bwana! I've read so many insightful replies and I can tell that you guys are diehards. It is a real pleasure discussing football with some GREAT FANS LIKE THE CHIEFS HAVE!

I agree with your take regarding that the game should of been a Sunday or Monday night show case. The problem with the NFL is that they preschedule all of these games and don't have the flexibility to show some of the best potential games...

I truely believe that this is a bigger game for your franchise simply because it's someone other than the Faiders (I hate them too!). Plus, the Steelers made the playoffs last year and they were still developing under Tommy Maddox...

The Steelers really hit the lottery with getting Tommy. It was funny but when I saw him perform a few preseasons ago, I knew that he had the tools to lead this team and so did the Steelers. They signed him to a long term deal with the intention that he could start at QB...

I don't think he's a fluke and he does have all of the players around him to make him that much more effective...

I respect your D line, especially Holliday. He's disruptive and our O-line better be up for the challenge...

Your O-line with Roaf and Tate is definately a strength. Holmes needs those guys to put the Steelers on their butts but I don't see this happening, since we excell at stopping the run...

I don't think you have the skill players at the WR position that strike fear in defenses. Not to disrespect or underestimate guys like Morton, etc, but I think if a team can handle Holmes, it really slows down what you guys are trying to do...

One BIG FACTOR IS HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE! However, I don't think this will be that much of a concern, since we've been in hostile enviornments before. Try playing in places like Cleveland, Tenn, and others...

I hope all of you are BRAVE ENOUGH to come back to your board and hear it from me. I'm one of the more vocal Steeler fans around and I'll enjoy coming here and letting all of your have it...

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

Lzen 09-09-2003 02:34 PM

Quote:

Dude, are you like 12 years old or something? Seriously, this post looks like something written by a little kid. Ok, I'll play along.

Ummmm, well my dad can beat up your dad. So there. :p

Bob Dole 09-09-2003 02:42 PM

Okay...

Quote:

No one on your offense is all that great.
Quote:

The Steelers really hit the lottery with getting Tommy.
So Maddox is great, and nobody on our offense is.

Green 2002 3690 yards, 470 attempts, 287 completions, 26 TD, 13 INT, long of 99 and a 92.6 rating.

MAddox 2002 2836 yards, 377 attempts, 234 completions, 20 TD, 16 INT, long of 72 and a 85.2 rating.

How could anyone possibly argue with your reasoning?

the Talking Can 09-09-2003 02:58 PM

Quote:

No one on your offense is all that great. Holmes is turning out to be a very good back but he's not going to be one of the elite against one of the best run defenses in football. When you got guys like Kendrell Bell knocking RBs on their tails, Holmes better look out!

let me guess, you like Jim Rome...that statement is so dumb I thought you were a donko fan for a moment..

hawaiianboy 09-09-2003 03:19 PM

Quote:

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

Oh my God... I'd recognize that cheer anywhere... It's my favorite handicapped person, Crime Fighter aka Steel Manipulation... I thought you'd died and gone to Hairyback Mary heaven...

Bit at my ankles for a good half season before being disregarded like toilet paper on my shoe... Kinda like my Raiders did to Pitt last year...

Chiefs don't get the benefit of a layup again this week, but on top of that, now have to go against the Crime Fighters reknowned ability to put a yeast infected pox on thee... I now beyond doubt know I can count on a Steelers win...

Braincase 09-09-2003 03:20 PM

Note to Crime Fighter: Stop after the 3rd bottle of cough syrup. You're getting a wee bit delusional.

ROYC75 09-09-2003 03:28 PM

Oh shit man, I gotta join in ............

"Hey Henry, throw some more coal in the fire we now have Steel Men to melt !"

:fire: Welcome to the Ring of Fire Steel Men ! :fire:

the Talking Can 09-09-2003 03:45 PM

sweet...raider fan smacks steeler fan...browns fan dukes it out with steeler fan...our BB is becoming the UN of football...I love it

Rick 09-09-2003 03:50 PM

It'll be a heck of a game with tons of hard hits. We need to continue the pash rush and be able to run the ball on 3rd and short and the Chiefs should win. The second game will tell more about our defense than the first one did (can we do it consistently) I say yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the Talking Can 09-09-2003 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawaiianboy
Oh my God... I'd recognize that cheer anywhere... It's my favorite handicapped person, Crime Fighter aka Steel Manipulation... I thought you'd died and gone to Hairyback Mary heaven...

Bit at my ankles for a good half season before being disregarded like toilet paper on my shoe... Kinda like my Raiders did to Pitt last year...

Chiefs don't get the benefit of a layup again this week, but on top of that, now have to go against the Crime Fighters reknowned ability to put a yeast infected pox on thee... I now beyond doubt know I can count on a Steelers win...

lol....you two have a history?

Dartgod 09-09-2003 04:29 PM

Quote:

Bring on Holmes because our LBs are the best in the NFL and we will show little Holmes what Steeler football is like. I can't wait to come back here and read all of the remarks about how Black and Gold came into your house and dominated. No one on your offense is all that great. Holmes is turning out to be a very good back but he's not going to be one of the elite against one of the best run defenses in football. When you got guys like Kendrell Bell knocking RBs on their tails, Holmes better look out! He's going to remember when the Steelers use to stick it to him when he was a member of the Ravens.

Looking at Priests career stat, the Steelers haven't ever really "stuck it" to Priest. In fact quite the opposite.

In 6 games (Ravens) 1998 - 2000 he had 369 yards on 80 carries for a 4.61 avg.

In 1 game (Chiefs) 2001 he had 150 yards on 20 carries for a 7.50 avg.

In his career against Pittsburgh he has 519 yards on 100 carries, 5.19 avg.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/HolmPr00.htm

htismaqe 09-09-2003 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12-year-old Steeler Fan
No one on your offense is all that great. Holmes is turning out to be a very good back but he's not going to be one of the elite against one of the best run defenses in football. When you got guys like Kendrell Bell knocking RBs on their tails, Holmes better look out!

Quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen on here today...

hawaiianboy 09-09-2003 04:52 PM

Quote:

lol....you two have a history?

Yeah... Steel Manipualtion/Crime Fighter is a famous pea shooter...

As much of a pain he has been in the past, I'll have my Steelers mojo going this week because Chief fans don't have the reputation as being the most insufferable fan base when they win a game for nothing...

Rausch 09-09-2003 04:55 PM

Quote:

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

This is just sickening.....

http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/san232...ydailyshow.jpg

Braincase 09-09-2003 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Looking at Priests career stat, the Steelers haven't ever really "stuck it" to Priest. In fact quite the opposite.

In 6 games (Ravens) 1998 - 2000 he had 369 yards on 80 carries for a 4.61 avg.

In 1 game (Chiefs) 2001 he had 150 yards on 20 carries for a 7.50 avg.

In his career against Pittsburgh he has 519 yards on 100 carries, 5.19 avg.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/HolmPr00.htm

Damn Bob, don't do that to them. They'll get so made they'll get vapor lock and broil their medulla oblongata's.

HC_Chief 09-09-2003 04:58 PM

Quote:

I'm not worried about protecting Tommy. These guys are some of the best in the business...
Pay close attention to the KC line, boy, it <i>is</i> the best in the business. ;)

Quote:

No one on your offense is all that great.
How then did we lead the league in scoring last year @ ~30ppg?
Lay off the airplane glue.