ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Austin Reiter starting at C (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318459)

DJ's left nut 11-09-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13880147)
Andy heck

True story. Britt is DL isn't he?

yeah - that guy.

saphojunkie 11-09-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13880135)
But weirdly, it seemed to be a strength of Dorsey's while he was here; LDT and Fulton were spectacular picks for where they were taken.

Is it really a strength of Veach or is Britt Reid
coaching these guys up while Andy is doing a great job of scheming to their strengths and around their weaknesses?

Sure seems to be the latter at this point...

EDIT: Never mind, you figured it out.

DJ's left nut 11-09-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 13880142)
I think it’s far more likely Veach is finding OL that fit the scheme rather than Reid adjusting it for each individual pickup.

But Andy made Fulton and Morse equally effective in different ways. LDT and Wylie are different players and yet are both playing quite well. Fulton/Erving are WAY different and Andy has made them both work out well at RG.

We don't have a cookie cutter template to fit this OL. I mean sure 'big and athletic' works, but that works everywhere. When you start parsing out respective abilities, Andy's making a bunch of different kinds of players work even if they have to get the job done in slightly different ways.

Pitt Gorilla 11-09-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13880152)
But Andy made Fulton and Morse equally effective in different ways. LDT and Wylie are different players and yet are both playing quite well. Fulton/Erving are WAY different and Andy has made them both work out well at RG.

We don't have a cookie cutter template to fit this OL. I mean sure 'big and athletic' works, but that works everywhere. When you start parsing out respective abilities, Andy's making a bunch of different kinds of players work even if they have to get the job done in slightly different ways.

I was thinking about this last week. I think it’s all a part of the matrix that is Andy’s football mind. Morse is out? Some plays suddenly glow red while others turn green. Ldt is out? Some others turn red while others, depending on the replacement and what they do well, turn green. I really do think it’s a beautiful mind thing.

DJ's left nut 11-09-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13880168)
I was thinking about this last week. I think it’s all a part of the matrix that is Andy’s football mind. Morse is out? Some plays suddenly glow red while others turn green. Ldt is out? Some others turn red while others, depending on the replacement and what they do well, turn green. I really do think it’s a beautiful mind thing.

The man managed to win a game with Jah Reid (who'd been on the roster like 72 hours) blocking JJ Watt.

Give him a weakness and he can cover it. Give him 2 and he's probably okay. I mean you really do need 3 or 4 glaring holes in an offense for him to not be able to put up some points.

I mean, unless Alex just freaks out back there.