ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Overreaction from last night: Cut Eric Fisher after 2018 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316719)

RealSNR 08-10-2018 08:35 AM

Overreaction from last night: Cut Eric Fisher after 2018

He's got an out in his extension. We'll eat some dead cap, but we should end up saving overall.

The guy is, was, and always will be a pussy. He even looks ****ing tiny. The NFL LTs I've always seen dominate the game have been behmoths like John Alt, Orlando Pace, and Willie Roaf. Fisher looks like a goddamn TE out there. We were waiting after his first season to bulk up in the NFL strength and conditioning offseason program. Has that ever ****ing happened? Sure as hell doesn't look like it.

He's inconsistent but mostly he just plays with zero toughness. Always has. And I'd rather not force our beautiful new QB to play behind such a limp-dicked dweeb.

lcarus 08-10-2018 08:39 AM

How I've felt about Fisher since he's been here: at least he's not Jordan Black or Damien McIntosh?

Fish 08-10-2018 08:40 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/11Z4zciA8ISJhu/giphy.gif

Mecca 08-10-2018 08:41 AM

He's better than Joeckel at least, but yea that contract is awful and honestly he could most likely be replaced without much of a problem.

tatorhog 08-10-2018 08:43 AM

I've been a Fisher apologist, but the times I specifically watched him last night, he didn't look good. Maybe once the playbook gets opened up in the regular season and we exploit things like over pursuit, teams won't be pinning their ears back and attacking him 24x7. Who knows, that's all I'm hoping for. But if the plan is pretend he's Anthony Munoz out there, somebody important is gonna get their bell rung.

notorious 08-10-2018 08:43 AM

He fails in spectacular fashion when the game is on the line.

He is the poster boy for Chiefs playoff performance.

PunkinDrublic 08-10-2018 08:43 AM

Not only that, he seems to have done nothing to improve himself. Same shitty technique. I can’t fault a player for having some use but just being in the wrong system. Fisher got paid and is now complete dog shit.

lcarus 08-10-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13668532)
He fails in spectacular fashion when the game is on the line.

I can think of a particular crucial 2-point conversion attempt where he failed pretty badly. I tried to blur it out of my mind but its stuck in there.

Hoover 08-10-2018 08:49 AM

I get that Fisher is underwhelming, but I'd try to slide him to guard before walking away.
I think what I'd do in use a high pick next year to address the position and prepare that way. His contract isn't crazy IMO.

TEX 08-10-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13668506)
He's got an out in his extension. We'll eat some dead cap, but we should end up saving overall.

The guy is, was, and always will be a pussy. He even looks ****ing tiny. The NFL LTs I've always seen dominate the game have been behmoths like John Alt, Orlando Pace, and Willie Roaf. Fisher looks like a goddamn TE out there. We were waiting after his first season to bulk up in the NFL strength and conditioning offseason program. Has that ever ****ing happened? Sure as hell doesn't look like it.

He's inconsistent but mostly he just plays with zero toughness. Always has. And I'd rather not force our beautiful new QB to play behind such a limp-dicked dweeb.

Well - he was tough that one time in the Chiefs/ Texans playoff game when JJ Watt went down and Fish pushed his head to the turf...

tatorhog 08-10-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13668546)
I get that Fisher is underwhelming, but I'd try to slide him to guard before walking away.
I think what I'd do in use a high pick next year to address the position and prepare that way. His contract isn't crazy IMO.

Trey Adams would be an intriguing selection, if he's available.

Be ghey for Trey? Doesn't have the same Suck for Luck feel.

Ming the Merciless 08-10-2018 08:57 AM

Hated that pick from day 1. Even if he was decent, it still bothers me we used a 1.1 on him

lcarus 08-10-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13668565)
Hated that pick from day 1. Even if he was decent, it still bothers me we used a 1.1 on him

Of course the year we have 1.1 the draft class is awful.

OKchiefs 08-10-2018 09:07 AM

I want him gone ASAP, but my only hesitation is that Morse is a free agent soon. He's not much better than Fisher IMO and isn't worth a huge contract. LG is obviously a weakness with nobody on the roster looking like they're capable of excelling there. Are we going to replace 3 OL all in the next year or so? I'd be fine if we could, but that seems like too much to do in one year without eating up a good portion of our cap room.

The OL has been average at best and just downright bad at times ever since Dorsey and Reid have come on board. They don't know how to scout and find talent on the OL. This philosophy of small athletic OL hasn't worked. Until we go to a power blocking scheme we're going to continually get dominated at the LOS.

oldman 08-10-2018 09:16 AM

Is he worth that big contract? Hell no, but I don't see any viable alternative at this time. I watched all the GIFs posted and the trouble mostly came from the LG spot. That's what needs to be addressed ASAP.