ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The NFL doesn't think Mahomes is a first rounder. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307147)

BossChief 04-14-2017 10:02 AM

The NFL doesn't think Mahomes is a first rounder.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RLiuNFL/s...draft-and-more

There's the list of the 22 prospects that will attend the draft.

I'm kinda disappointed that if KC selects Mahomes, he won't be able to go on stage and do his thing...Kizer, Watson and Trubiski were all invited.

Odd.

Dante84 04-14-2017 10:05 AM

Kizer is going to have a long ass night. Better bring two suits

Chief Roundup 04-14-2017 10:05 AM

hmmm

The Franchise 04-14-2017 10:09 AM

It'd be nice to see him on stage if KC drafts him....but it's not that big of a deal. Garrett won't be there either.

staylor26 04-14-2017 10:14 AM

This made me feel good about his chances of making it to 27, or at least in trade up range.

The Franchise 04-14-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12824091)
Kizer is going to have a long ass night. Better bring two suits

I expect to get a ton of shit once he starts falling.

BossChief 04-14-2017 10:20 AM

After hearing a lot of chatter, I wouldn't be surprised if Kizer goes to Arizona in the second.

staylor26 04-14-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12824116)
After hearing a lot of chatter, I wouldn't be surprised if Kizer goes to Arizona in the second.

Kizer to Arizona makes a lot of sense. He's a really good fit with BA.

Bowser 04-14-2017 10:24 AM

I don't think many really do. We've been looking at Mahomes through the lens of potential, not thinking he would be ready to suit up week one and kick ass.

And really, what is the difference between pick 27 and picks 35-40, anyway? I'd rather us take him (or Kizer or Watson if they're available) and have that fifth year of control over a potential starter for us at QB.

BossChief 04-14-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12824120)
Kizer to Arizona makes a lot of sense. He's a really good fit with BA.

I see Trubiski to Cleveland at 12
Watson to Houston at 25
Mahomes to KC at 27
Kizer to Arizona in the second
Webb to Pittsburgh in the second

The Franchise 04-14-2017 10:29 AM

I think that Watson is a better fit for Houston than Mahomes. Houston needs someone who could possibly step in right now and give them better than what Osweiler or Savage can. I think Watson could at least be serviceable and get them to the playoffs. Mahomes isn't going to go in there and be able to win.

BossChief 04-14-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12824129)
I think that Watson is a better fit for Houston than Mahomes. Houston needs someone who could possibly step in right now and give them better than what Osweiler or Savage can. I think Watson could at least be serviceable and get them to the playoffs. Mahomes isn't going to go in there and be able to win.

Osweiler isn't a Texan. They only have Savage.

I agree, I think Watson could go right in and take that team to the playoffs year 1, but I may be wrong. With that defense getting Watt back and an incoming draft class, a guy like Watson is a perfect fit.

I'm fine with Mahomes or Watson and if both are selected before we get a chance to draft them, then just wait till next year and load up the defense.

Those are the only 2 that I see as guys that can win superbowls with (with the right team around them)

The Franchise 04-14-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12824134)
Osweiler isn't a Texan. They only have Savage.

I agree, I think Watson could go right in and take that team to the playoffs year 1, but I may be wrong. With that defense getting Watt back and an incoming draft class, a guy like Watson is a perfect fit.

I'm fine with Mahomes or Watson and if both are selected before we get a chance to draft them, then just wait till next year and load up the defense.

Those are the only 2 that I see as guys that can win superbowls with (with the right team around them)

I didn't type it out...but I meant what Osweiler could give them (say from last year).

BossChief 04-14-2017 10:41 AM

Osweiler is a guy with a huge chip on his shoulder now.

That contract is stupid, but I could see him doing well in the right situation.

If it weren't for that contract, I'd be talking about trading something conditional from next year for him after the draft (if KC doesn't get a QB they like in the draft)

Very interesting that Mahomes isn't going to be there for the draft.

The Franchise 04-14-2017 10:50 AM

I still think that the Browns should roll with Osweiler this year. Take Garrett at 1 and take Trubisky at 12 if you want to but don't start him Week 1. Let Osweiler take those shots and get Trubisky learning your offense.