ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Fanspeak's most drafted player for KC. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304869)

Black Bob 01-08-2017 06:23 PM

If we take a RB, I hope it's Dalvin Cook, RB, FSU. He is really good all around and can really catch the ball. He has the potential to be great.

That said, we shouldn't take a RB in the first. We have 3-4 already.

CoMoChief 01-08-2017 07:54 PM

I would never draft a RB earlier than rd 4

RB's grow on trees, you can find them anywhere.

This team is going to need to replace Berry or Poe.

Doubt the Chiefs are gonna be able to retain both.

This team also needs a ILB, OLB and WR. Time to move away from the Maclin era.

Great Expectations 01-08-2017 09:38 PM

Mixon out of OU would fit our offense really well. Great receiver, very fast, a little wiggle and very powerful.

Mecca 01-10-2017 07:06 AM

Dalvin Cook likely won't make it to the Chiefs pick but he'd be a great fit here. He'd let the Chiefs move on from Charles, and move Ware and West into backup role where they probably should be.

I generally agree with the RB's are a dime a dozen remarks but there are some exceptions. If you need a guy who can hit homeruns and make big plays those guys are not a dime a dozen.

Black Bob 01-10-2017 07:45 AM

Reuben Foster, MLB, Alabama was a badass last night. He's fast, disruptive, instinctive, smart, and a leader. I'd be fine with it if he fell to us and we took him in the first round.

O.city 01-10-2017 09:52 AM

I'm guessing foster goes top 15,20. Seems that 12-17 spot is where lbers tend to fall.

DJ's left nut 01-10-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bob (Post 12672768)
Reuben Foster, MLB, Alabama was a badass last night. He's fast, disruptive, instinctive, smart, and a leader. I'd be fine with it if he fell to us and we took him in the first round.

He looked good.

I'm still not sure that I saw much in the way of coverage skills and I think those are paramount in Sutton's system, but he's definitely an NFL player of some sort.

I wonder if he's not more of a 4-3 SAM backer who comes out in nickel packages.

O.city 01-10-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12672921)
He looked good.

I'm still not sure that I saw much in the way of coverage skills and I think those are paramount in Sutton's system, but he's definitely an NFL player of some sort.

I wonder if he's not more of a 4-3 SAM backer who comes out in nickel packages.

I think it is, but I'm not sure how much. I mean, with as much as we're in nickel and dime, I don't think it's a killer.

He looks like an athlete than can play moving forward or sideways.

I'm almost of the opinion that I'd trade up for him but the cost would be too much.

O.city 01-10-2017 10:04 AM

It's also crazy to me that we are so quick to move away from Maclin. He's a year away from his best season and had a banged up weird year. It's not like he's 33 or something

DJ's left nut 01-10-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12672934)
I think it is, but I'm not sure how much. I mean, with as much as we're in nickel and dime, I don't think it's a killer.

He looks like an athlete than can play moving forward or sideways.

I'm almost of the opinion that I'd trade up for him but the cost would be too much.

And our run defense has suffered because of the amount of Nickel we play. And that's WITH our best run-defender still on the field in Nickel packages (DJ).

If you had Foster replace DJ and still played that amount of Nickel, you'd see him exposed a fair amount if he stayed on the field or you'd see the run defense suffer if he didn't.

This scheme needs a lot of versatility in the #1 ILB slot. I'm not saying Foster doesn't have it as I can't claim to have seen him play a ton. I'm just saying that what I've seen from him hasn't demonstrated it.

The powers that be will need to do a fair amount of study on him in coverage and I'm sure they will.

O.city 01-10-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12673002)
And our run defense has suffered because of the amount of Nickel we play. And that's WITH our best run-defender still on the field in Nickel packages (DJ).

If you had Foster replace DJ and still played that amount of Nickel, you'd see him exposed a fair amount if he stayed on the field or you'd see the run defense suffer if he didn't.

This scheme needs a lot of versatility in the #1 ILB slot. I'm not saying Foster doesn't have it as I can't claim to have seen him play a ton. I'm just saying that what I've seen from him hasn't demonstrated it.

The powers that be will need to do a fair amount of study on him in coverage and I'm sure they will.

Exposed as what though? In the pass game? Maybe a little, but as with dj, it isn't like they're having him cover tight ends much. I mean, I'd like to think he can run with rbs a little.

They need to invest in some fast physical linebackers that are well rounded. I assume, based on the projections and what I've saw foster is both.

Ideally, they'd get 2 stud lbers that don't have to come off the field. I think that's why the 9er d was so strong. They could cover the pass out of base sets some so you couldn't run on them.

But as you've said, I don't know if foster can be that. Coming from that bama d, I always worry about skill vs just being adequate due to talent around them.

I've watched some Cunningham clips and I could easily shift to him. He's good.

DJ's left nut 01-10-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12673021)
Exposed as what though? In the pass game? Maybe a little, but as with dj, it isn't like they're having him cover tight ends much. I mean, I'd like to think he can run with rbs a little.

They need to invest in some fast physical linebackers that are well rounded. I assume, based on the projections and what I've saw foster is both.

Ideally, they'd get 2 stud lbers that don't have to come off the field. I think that's why the 9er d was so strong. They could cover the pass out of base sets some so you couldn't run on them.

But as you've said, I don't know if foster can be that. Coming from that bama d, I always worry about skill vs just being adequate due to talent around them.

I've watched some Cunningham clips and I could easily shift to him. He's good.

It's an experience thing. Foster isn't asked to do much in the middle zones and so it would take some time for him to develop there. That's what makes DJ so good in the passing game - he just knows where to be. It seems innate with him.

Foster may well have the physical tools to be a 3-down backer but so have a lot of 'bama backers. They simply lack the innate feel for it and don't have a good idea of what to do with themselves in space.

O.city 01-10-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12673051)
It's an experience thing. Foster isn't asked to do much in the middle zones and so it would take some time for him to develop there. That's what makes DJ so good in the passing game - he just knows where to be. It seems innate with him.

Foster may well have the physical tools to be a 3-down backer but so have a lot of 'bama backers. They simply lack the innate feel for it and don't have a good idea of what to do with themselves in space.

In the past, yes.

I think they've tweeted their ILBs a bit and they've become more ready. Mosley has transitioned well.

I think it's more about the player himself. So many of them were slow footed downhill types and they've gone more to smaller athletes.

Or atleast it seems that way to my untrained eye.

DaneMcCloud 01-10-2017 01:55 PM

I don't think Foster or Cunningham will be around when the Chiefs pick.

If they go ILB, it'll likely be Raekwon McMillan.

I'd love to see Dalvin Cook or OJ Howard when they pick but I don't think those guys will be there, either.

DJ's left nut 01-10-2017 02:48 PM

Not a chance they take McMillan, not in the 1st anyway.

He doesn't even begin to fit what they need. He's this year's Reggie Ragland.

If he fell to us in the 2nd, I'd be on board. But if he's the best ILB on the board by the time we pick, there's a better player available somewhere else.

I've changed my mind on guys many a time and perhaps the combine will convince me otherwise (I can be a bit of a measurables whore, especially when it comes to shuttle drills and 3-cone times), but I'd need to see something to change my mind on him. He just seems too stiff to be a 3-down player and I'm not spending a 1st on a 2-down run-stuffing ILB.

Benardrick McKinney is a guy I liked a couple of years ago and I'd have gladly taken him in the 2nd. If McMillan could show to be a slightly more versatile version of McKinney, I could talk myself into it.