ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock Offseason 12/11 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319498)

O.city 12-12-2018 01:33 PM

Just say no to Notre Dame.

DJ's left nut 12-12-2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13953990)
Just say no to Notre Dame.

Tillery is good, man.

And he'd be perfect alongside Jones. Those guys would be a serious handful to deal with. My only issue would be that I think Nnadi is a keeper and I'm not sure Tillery is a guy that is explosive enough to succeed as a 5-tech or even as a 4-3 DE.

If you flip to a 4-3, he could theoretically be your nose and Jones your UT, but where's that leave Nnadi? Maybe Nnadi at the nose and Tillery at UT w/ Houston and Jones on the edges? You could run a 'nascar' package where you take Nnadi out on 3rd down situations and slot Jones/Nnadi in the middle w/ Houston/Speaks on the edges?

He's a good prospect, though. In the end, I think we could find a way to put him to good use, especially if we traded away Ford. At that point you may reconsider putting Houston's hand on the ground.

The Franchise 12-12-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13953998)
Tillery is good, man.

And he'd be perfect alongside Jones. Those guys would be a serious handful to deal with. My only issue would be that I think Nnadi is a keeper and I'm not sure Tillery is a guy that is explosive enough to succeed as a 5-tech or even as a 4-3 DE.

If you flip to a 4-3, he could theoretically be your nose and Jones your UT, but where's that leave Nnadi? Maybe Nnadi at the nose and Tillery at UT w/ Houston and Jones on the edges? You could run a 'nascar' package where you take Nnadi out on 3rd down situations and slot Jones/Nnadi in the middle w/ Houston/Speaks on the edges?

He's a good prospect, though. In the end, I think we could find a way to put him to good use, especially if we traded away Ford. At that point you may reconsider putting Houston's hand on the ground.

You don't think that you could put Tillery next to Nnadi in the 4-3 and move Jones out to the DE position?

Houston - Nnadi - Tillery - Jones

O.city 12-12-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13953998)
Tillery is good, man.

I was just giving Pest shit since he's a golden domer.

I like Tillery fine. I'd rather invest at ILB but the DL does need some love.

The Franchise 12-12-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13954018)
I was just giving Pest shit since he's a golden domer.

So is DJ.

O.city 12-12-2018 02:05 PM

Wait, you mean theres more than one of you? Ugh.

The Franchise 12-12-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13954046)
Wait, you mean theres more than one of you? Ugh.

and Lonewolf.

Great Expectations 12-12-2018 03:25 PM

I don’t think our ILB situation would look so bad if we had capable safties behind them. We are in a good position to switch to a 4-3. I wish we were playing our rookies a little more this year because a) they might be better than what we are playing, b) they aren’t worse, and c) it would be easier to identify what our needs on defense are next year. Also, will we start a rookie on D next year?

Chris Meck 12-12-2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13953174)
Honestly, the only way I can forsee KC getting everything we want out of this offseason is to either let Ford walk or tag and trade him for a pick(s). I think it's more important to lock down Jones and Hill than it is Ford for the long-term. Ideally, you tag him and try to get at least a 2nd for him. I'd rather some space went to the secondary.

I agree.

Chris Meck 12-12-2018 04:18 PM

I like most of this; and IF we're keeping Sutton and the 3-4 I think it's close to being correct, although I know little about the specific draftees you outline, I like the picks on a positional basis.

I think you have to let Ford walk; he's too one dimensional and will be too expensive as a situational pass rusher, which is all he is, really. I think you need to restructure Houston as well. And I think it's time to cut bait with Berry post June 1.

I'm not worried about keeping Conley; I think he and Robinson are basically interchangeable. I think all of our CB's other than Fuller are JAG's and easily replaceable. I really want to sign one of the premier safeties in FA as well as develop Watts and an early pick.

And I think moving away from the 3-4 is optimal. a 4-3 with O'Daniel as a hybrid OLB/Box safety is a good idea.

Chargem 12-13-2018 01:28 AM

Another very interesting mock. What does this assume the cap is for 2019? I'm just wondering if it includes the announced cap uplift that was mentioned in the lounge yesterday

kccrow 12-13-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 13955172)
Another very interesting mock. What does this assume the cap is for 2019? I'm just wondering if it includes the announced cap uplift that was mentioned in the lounge yesterday

I use OTC cap estimate of 190m. I don't pay attention to 99% of what's in the lounge so I may have missed the "uplift" post. There's an "uplift" every season depending on the increase in revenues. The 2018 cap is 177,200,000. An increase to 190m assumes 7.25% growth, which is fairly consistent with recent growth.

Chargem 12-14-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13956679)
I use OTC cap estimate of 190m. I don't pay attention to 99% of what's in the lounge so I may have missed the "uplift" post. There's an "uplift" every season depending on the increase in revenues. The 2018 cap is 177,200,000. An increase to 190m assumes 7.25% growth, which is fairly consistent with recent growth.

I think the lounge figure was around $190m, part of me was hoping you underestimated and there was more room due to uplift.

O.city 12-15-2018 09:42 AM

I’d imagine they’re gonna get aggressive on the defensive side

Trade picks for corners, sign some free agents etc.

Jalen Ramsey and Earl Thomas

kccrow 12-15-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13953802)
I'd rather keep our picks and take a guy like Germaine Pratt (ILB) out of N.C. State in the 2nd round with one of our two picks.

1. Jerry Tillery, DT/DE, Notre Dame
2. Germaine Pratt, ILB, N.C. State
2. Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State
3. Khaleke Hudson, S, Michigan

I'd much rather Dye out of Oregon than Pratt, but that's my opinion. If Oruwariye runs at all good at the combine then I'd have to think he'll be a 1st rounder or early 2nd at worst.