ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Blowfish's Pre-Game Speech: AFC Championship (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320620)

gblowfish 01-19-2019 06:45 PM

Blowfish's Pre-Game Speech: AFC Championship

I haven't left my house all day. I've been doing little busy work like paying bills on-line, applying white shoe polish to my multiple pairs of sneakers in various states of repair; doing laundry and such. I think I've just wanted to stay indoors as long as possible, as it's going to be a cold mofo tomorrow night at Arrowhead. Yes, Hell must be frozen over, the Chiefs are one game away from returning to the Super Bowl.

I don't remember the first Super Bowl much. I remember watching it with my dad, but I was only seven and didn't really understand. In 1967 we started going to games as a family. In 1969 I was fully invested and the Chiefs ruled my world. They have ever since. That was 50 years ago.

I was at the 1971 Dolphins game, and every playoff game in KC since then. We finally broke our streak of bad home playoff luck eight days ago. So it's a new world, and here's the way it stacks up as I see it:

Both sides of the coin, why we should be worried:

New England has been in the playoffs every year except two since 2001. That's 17 out of 19 years. In 55 playoff games they're 35 and 20. They've won five out of the ten super bowls they've been in. They're 10-4 in AFC Championship games. The current team includes the Pats all time passing leader, all time scoring leader and most winning coach. Last time we played them, we lost by three. Last time we played them, Michele ran for over 100 yards and Brady threw for 340, 1 TD, no picks. Gostkowski kicked five field goals. New England had NO penalties.

Here's the good news: New England has been a very average team on the road. Brady's last two games at Arrowhead, we kicked his ass. He got benched the last time he played us here. This is the first AFC Championship game EVER at Arrowhead; something fans like me have WAITED OUR WHOLE LIVES FOR. Mahomes has a whole season under his belt since that last game. We didn't have Berry or Houston on defense. We'll have both of them tomorrow. Gronk beat a guy off the street named Josh Shaw for the game changing play last time. He's not on the team any longer, along with Ron Parker, who was another defensive liability - gone. We don't have Kareem Hunt, but Damien Williams rushed for over 100 yards on the Colts last week. The Canadian Doc is back. Sammy Watkins will play.

And despite what the national pundit shitheads think, Arrowhead will be LOUDER THAN **** no matter HOW cold it is. The Lamar Hunt Trophy is sitting over in Arrowhead right this very minute, and guess what? We're going to be very motivated to never let it leave the premises.

If we lose, everyone will say "oh well...we finally got out over our skis, lost to the GOAT, lost to Hoodie...but we made progress." And yeah, all that will be true.

The year the Chiefs won it all, they were unlikely underdogs. They won on the road in terrible, frigid, windy weather in New York, having to beat the world champion Jets and Joe Willie Namath. Then they had to go to Oakland to play in the very last AFL game and win that game as heavy underdogs. They did both. This time, we get to play for all the marbles in our home. In front of our fans, with nothing to lose. I hope our guys come out loose, leave it all on the field, and go balls to the wall all day long. Last week was great. This week could be greater, and one of our finest hours.

See you at the yard, meat.

WilliamTheIrish 01-19-2019 06:47 PM

Hi George.

The goal line stand in Shea Stadium is still the greatest defensive stand in franchise history.

htismaqe 01-19-2019 06:50 PM

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=h...Fgiphy.gif&f=1

ChiTown 01-19-2019 06:55 PM

6. 2. Midnight.

CHIEFS!!!

OnTheWarpath15 01-19-2019 06:57 PM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3oFzm...396f5136635602

cabletech94 01-19-2019 07:01 PM

i feel like running through the streets right now.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Prison Bitch 01-19-2019 07:02 PM

They haven’t been “average” in the road. They’ve been garbage. 3-5 with an avg diff of -2.4, and playing a SoS (Sagarin) that I calc to be 20th. Making their diff even worse can League avg opponents. Two of their wins were vs lowly Buff and Jets and they lost to Miami, Tenn, Jax and Detroit

Sure it’s the Pats, sure they can win tomorrow. But they have proved to be really bad road warriors in 18

KChiefs1 01-19-2019 07:07 PM

George I was 8 when the Chiefs were in the first Super Bowl. The game that hooked me was the AFL Championship vs Buffalo two weeks before & I've been addicted ever since that January 1, 1967 game.

I remember that we had to watch channel 9 to see Lenny & Fred Broski(my mom loved him). The very first Chiefs game I attended was the Chicago massacre in 1967. Wild night. The crowd was in a frenzy & so were the Chiefs. Great night for the Chiefs & the AFL.

The 1969 season was epic & the playoffs were unbelievable too. Having a chance to beat the Jets & the Raiders was a perfect path to the Championship.

I'm having this thought run through my head the last week. The Chiefs lost their Super Bowl in Los Angeles & won their Super Bowl in New Orleans.

Is it just a coincidence that those are the two cities that are playing in the NFC to face the Chiefs?

I can't figure out which team to root for...LA(lost SB I) or NOLA(won SB IV)?

All I know is that my dreams have finally come true by drafting Mahomes & he has fulfilled everything I could have hoped for.

Now let's win tomorrow!

Go Chiefs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

displacedinMN 01-19-2019 07:08 PM

Think positive thoughts.

Everyone is a Chiefs fan this week. Even the guy at the meat market today wants the Chiefs to win.

We have the mojo. The power of the universe is great!!!!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gblowfish 01-19-2019 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 14052967)
George I was 8 when the Chiefs were in the first Super Bowl. The game that hooked me was the AFL Championship vs Buffalo two weeks before & I've been addicted ever since that January 1, 1967 game.

I remember that we had to watch channel 9 to see Lenny & Fred Broski(my mom loved him). The very first Chiefs game I attended was the Chicago massacre in 1967. Wild night. The crowd was in a frenzy & so were the Chiefs. Great night for the Chiefs & the AFL.

The 1969 season was epic & the playoffs were unbelievable too. Having a chance to beat the Jets & the Raiders was a perfect path to the Championship.

I'm having this thought run through my head the last week. The Chiefs lost their Super Bowl in Los Angeles & won their Super Bowl in New Orleans.

Is it just a coincidence that those are the two cities that are playing in the NFC to face the Chiefs?

I can't figure out which team to root for...LA(lost SB I) or NOLA(won SB IV)?

All I know is that my dreams have finally come true by drafting Mahomes & he has fulfilled everything I could have hoped for.

Now let's win tomorrow!

Go Chiefs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad went to the "Chicago Massacre" too. For those who don't know what you're talking about, before and after the Chiefs lost to the Packers in SB1, the NFL was calling the AFL a "Mickey Mouse League" and Lombardi said the Chiefs were not NFL caliber. Our next game was a pre-season game in KC vs. George Halas' Chicago Bears. The Chiefs kicked their ass 66-24. The points the Bears did score were all in Garbage Time. And of course, the next time KC got a shot at the NFL in the Super Bowl, we kicked Minnesota's ass 23-7. This game will be somewhat similar in that we're playing one of the entrenched AFC dynasties of the last decade. This is Mahomie's first Championship Game vs. Brady, who's probably bored by the whole thing. David vs. Golaith. Let's sling that rock, baby...sling that rock.

EPodolak 01-19-2019 07:16 PM

You guys going to the stadium have a large responsibility, Pats last visit was one of the loudest games ever at Arrowhead. Make them leave deaf and defeated. :thumb:

SAUTO 01-19-2019 07:18 PM

GO CHIEFS!

C3HIEF3S 01-19-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 14052980)
You guys going to the stadium have a large responsibility, Pats last visit was one of the loudest games ever at Arrowhead. Make them leave deaf and defeated. :thumb:

That was the game we recaptured the noise record, wasn’t it?
It won’t be official, but tomorrow will be the loudest game in Arrowhead history. Raise hell out there, fellas.

Jodi's Bareback 01-19-2019 07:29 PM

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/55904280.jpg

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-19-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodi's Bareback (Post 14052997)

George left him speechless... I will be loud and proud. Go Chiefs!

MahiMike 01-19-2019 07:58 PM

SWEET! LET'S KICK THEIR ASSES!!!!!

gblowfish 01-19-2019 08:09 PM

Picture of my pops when he came out of bypass heart surgery. He's why I have the seats. He's been gone seven years now.

I'll be thinking about him tomorrow and cheering for both of us. Hard.

http://i64.tinypic.com/167pog1.jpg

Matrix 01-19-2019 08:18 PM

Great post. Tomorrow evening can't come soon enough.

big nasty kcnut 01-19-2019 08:26 PM

Time for talk is over. The time to win is now go chiefs. Great as always George!

DanT 01-19-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 14052910)
Hi George.

The goal line stand in Shea Stadium is still the greatest defensive stand in franchise history.

You can listen to audio of that goal line stand in this recap of the Chiefs 1969 season. The goal line stand gets about 2 minutes and 20 seconds of coverage, beginning at about 29 minutes, 5 seconds. Then, at about 33 minutes and 25 seconds, there is audio of Buck Buchanan answering a postgame question about that goal line stand. That goal line stand is described by the audio's narrator as the most meaningful single-moment in the Chiefs 10-year history (up to that point)!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAA4Nr5Zcs4

ChiTown 01-19-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT (Post 14053125)
You can listen to audio of that goal line stand in this recap of the Chiefs 1969 season. The goal line stand gets about 2 minutes and 20 seconds of coverage, beginning at about 29 minutes, 5 seconds. Then, at about 33 minutes and 25 seconds, there is audio of Buck Buchanan answering a postgame question about that goal line stand. That goal line stand is described by the audio's narrator as the most meaningful single-moment in the Chiefs 10-year history (up to that point)!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAA4Nr5Zcs4

LOVE! Thank you!

Naptown Chief 01-19-2019 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14053053)
Picture of my pops when he came out of bypass heart surgery. He's why I have the seats. He's been gone seven years now.

My father has been gone for a little over 7 years now too... He died at 64 (way too young) when I was 28.

I had dinner with my mother, siblings, and my nieces tonight and I was talking about the game tomorrow, which made me think of pops. My dad was born in St Louis but was a lifelong Chiefs' fan, which is how I became a fan too. God I wish he could have been around to see his Chiefs back in the AFCCG (finally!) and possibly even the Superbowl.

Anyway, thanks George for another great thread!

bdj23 01-19-2019 09:55 PM

I want to go to bed.

I can't sleep.

TwistedChief 01-19-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

This is a wonderful picture and this entire run has been an amazing tribute to the long-term hardship of Chiefs fans of all ages. Cheers to another touching pre-game speech on the way to the Super Bowl. This is our time.

alanm 01-19-2019 10:44 PM

I was 12 when the Chiefs won their SB. I'm 61 now. I think I've been patient enough. :D

Hammock Parties 01-19-2019 10:46 PM

let's get it

https://i.imgur.com/UomgCHQ.jpg

PAChiefsGuy 01-19-2019 10:50 PM

LETS GO KC!!! Emotional Day for a lot of us

Mr. Flopnuts 01-19-2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Swear to God he'll be included in my pre game prayer tomorrow with the rest of my family no longer here to witness this.

BIG K 01-19-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 14053276)
Swear to God he'll be included in my pre game prayer tomorrow with the rest of my family no longer here to witness this.

Amen Flop🙏 My late wife wanted nothing more than to see our Chiefs in a SuperBowl. I think this time belongs to the Chiefs.

cabletech94 01-19-2019 11:10 PM

not gonna lie, not gonna sleep well at all tonight. im sooooo excited.

GOOOOOOOOO CHIEFS!!!!!

suzzer99 01-19-2019 11:14 PM

I'm drinking heavily to make tomorrow come faster.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-19-2019 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 14053288)
Amen Flop🙏 My late wife wanted nothing more than to see our Chiefs in a SuperBowl. I think this time belongs to the Chiefs.

Hey birthday twin. I'll include her as well. Rip.

BIG K 01-19-2019 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 14053327)
Hey birthday twin. I'll include her as well. Rip.

And I will pray for yours as well my friend. Good to talk with you again, been way too long 426!

threebag 01-19-2019 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 14052968)
Think positive thoughts.

Everyone is a Chiefs fan this week. Even the guy at the meat market today wants the Chiefs to win.

We have the mojo. The power of the universe is great!!!!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Positivity, now let me fashion your flute. /Chris616

Mr. Flopnuts 01-19-2019 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 14053352)
And I will pray for yours as well my friend. Good to talk with you again, been way too long 426!

:toast:

KS Smitty 01-20-2019 12:07 AM

gblowfish, it's fans like you that are the true Superfans. Thank you.

KChiefsQT 01-20-2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

This made me cry! Your pops will no doubt be cheering them on from above! My dad is the reason I was born & raised a Chiefs fan & truly why we have such an amazing bond. Other than living out of state for a year, I can count the number of times on one hand that we didn’t spend a CHIEFS Sunday together. Can’t even fathom one day him not being there. Sending love to you & know your pops will be right by your side in spirit watching. ❤️

ROYC75 01-20-2019 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 14053288)

I'm this way, my late wife knew how much we wanted the Chiefs in the SB. She witnessed 2 Royals WS, 2 Jayhawks NCAA's BB Champs and really wanted our grandson, a 4th generation Roy to see one someday.

We are less than 24 hrs away from this! Still Love Ya Baby! :)

BIG K 01-20-2019 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 14053376)
gblowfish, it's fans like you that are the true Superfans. Thank you.

Agreed! George and all you other fans that are going to be at the game, take your free towels and beat them against your seats and make a lot of noise! I’m not saying the game depends on your noise, But, im just saying........

ROYC75 01-20-2019 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 14053255)
I was 12 when the Chiefs won their SB. I'm 61 now. I think I've been patient enough. :D

Me too, it's been 49 frigging years man since we last tasted a victory in a SB, I'm ready for another one!

BIG K 01-20-2019 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 14053417)
I'm this way, my late wife knew how much we wanted the Chiefs in the SB. She witnessed 2 Royals WS, 2 Jayhawks NCAA's BB Champs and really wanted our grandson, a 4th generation Roy to see one someday.

We are less than 24 hrs away from this! Still Love Ya Baby! :)

Amen brother. No matter how much time has passed, we still love.....

GloryDayz 01-20-2019 12:59 AM

Time to start putting on the foil....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UPdQ0LD5DSY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

alanm 01-20-2019 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 14053425)
Me too, it's been 49 frigging years man since we last tasted a victory in a SB, I'm ready for another one!

Same here Roy. That was a lifetime ago. I've lost a lot of friends and family that were Chiefs fans. My friend Dan in particular would have really enjoyed this weekend. :thumb:

LongSufferingToady 01-20-2019 02:20 AM

I haven't felt this giddy since seeing Lenny the Cool smoking a cigarette and having a Fresca. ;)

https://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blo...l-01192014.jpg

Katie 01-20-2019 02:25 AM

To all the Chiefs fans we've lost!

Let's go and do this!

Imon Yourside 01-20-2019 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 14053358)
Positivity, now let me tend your flute. /Chris616

Is Chris back? lolz dude was a riot haha

MMXcalibur 01-20-2019 02:51 AM

Let's go book us a ****ing trip to Atlanta.

oldman 01-20-2019 10:01 AM

I've been a fan since 1963, watched SBI with my buddies and dad while my mom fried 6 dozen tacos, couldn't get to KC the night of SBIV, so this one is our time.
I know I'm just a mean old man, but is it wrong to hope that:
A) Chris Jones to hit Brady in the 1st quarter so hard that his cup explodes and he's unable to perform his marital duties with Gisele for 6-8 months?
B) Somehow the Hoddie's hoodie gets infested with head lice?
C) Ben Niemann, playing in a mop-up role, smashes Gronk so often Tide Pods feature blood removal in their next commercial?
D) Hill, Kelce, and Watkins torch the opposing secondary enough they become spokesmen for BIC lighters?
E) Aunt Jemima names their new pancake mix after our O-line?

CoMoChief 01-20-2019 10:25 AM

Heading over to my buddy's place now to meet up to ride over for tailgate.

I wish yall good spirits today.

We've been waiting for this for an awfully LONG time. I actually feel good about today, woke up and it felt like I was 8yrs old on Xmas morning.

Time to bring home Lamar's trophy and move on to the SB!

God bless.....and GOOOOOOO CHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFS!!!!!

crayzkirk 01-20-2019 10:44 AM

Great speech George, I know my dad would be happy to see the Chiefs get this far. He's been gone since 1982 when I was 24 so everyone appreciate what you have because it can all change in a moment.

That said, it's all gravy at this point. Far exceeded my expectations this year. I'm not even that nervous yet. My sister and I both get crazy during the games and we credit our father for it.

GO CHIEFS!

gblowfish 01-20-2019 10:50 AM

I've been surprisingly calm this morning. We have all day to prepare. I have some superstitions, as you all know. My best friend Gary gave me a solid gold arrowhead pin for Christmas. Today is the first day I will wear it to Arrowhead. I'll wear my dad's Chiefs watch and my mom's Chiefs scarf. The Gates BBQ sauce has remained on the mantle since last week's game. Mrs. B will be with me. God Bless her, she has bad knees and hips and cold weather is terrible for her. She's as much of a weather warrior as I've ever been. As Chiefs fans, we'll all remember this day for the rest of our lives. As I've said before, I am not presumptuous enough to petition the Lord in prayer. But if you are on good terms with the man upstairs, please say a prayer for all of the Chiefs fans who did not live to see this day, and that we end the day with victory (despite the officiating).

To be the best, you have to BEAT the best.

Let's go to work.

Chiefshrink 01-20-2019 10:52 AM

Losing to the Raiders 2wice in the reg season and then to come back and beat them in the playoffs that SB year was I think their biggest hurdle IMHO.

Chiefshrink 01-20-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady (Post 14053462)
I haven't felt this giddy since seeing Lenny the Cool smoking a cigarette and having a Fresca. ;)

https://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blo...l-01192014.jpg

Classic !! :thumb:

Back when men were men and their masculinity wasn't being attacked by the Oprah Snowflake types:rolleyes:

KChiefs1 01-20-2019 12:19 PM

Win it for my nephew Steve. He was a Chiefs fan because of me & he never got to experience this. Here’s to Steve.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c0dd5aaad8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4ce8f94676.jpg

EdmontonChiefsFan 01-20-2019 12:35 PM

I have never felt so calm and confident about a game before. I just have that feeling. To be able to take my son to his first game at Arrowhead and have it be such a huge game will make it Unforgetable for both of us.

Great speech George now let’s go take care of business !!!!!!

Chiefshrink 01-20-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdmontonChiefsFan (Post 14054186)
I have never felt so calm and confident about a game before. I just have that feeling.

You and me both brother !!:thumb:

gblowfish 01-20-2019 12:48 PM

Here's to Lamar and Hank looking down on Arrowhead and helping us to victory today!
http://i68.tinypic.com/2eqb29v.jpg

Chiefshrink 01-20-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14054213)
Here's to Lamar and Hank looking down on Arrowhead and helping us to victory today!

Good stuff !!ROFL

PHOG 01-20-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

LMAO LMAO

DanT 01-20-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Awesome!