ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

keg in kc 04-01-2012 03:23 PM

Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread

There's been some recent confusion with the old spoiler thread, so I'm kicking off a new one for tonight's premiere. This is going to be the one for folks who've read all the books. So anything anybody might want to talk about is in bounds. Suffice to say, if you haven't read the books, you'll probably want to stay out of here until you do...

I'll bump the old spoiler-free thread shortly in case anybody's interested. For future reference the link to that one is here

L.A. Chieffan 04-01-2012 03:36 PM

i have wood.

wheres the ADWD thread? i finally finished the book

Red Brooklyn 04-01-2012 03:44 PM

:rockon:

SOOOOOOO pumped for this. My wife, in honor of the premiere, is cooking up a royal feast centered around a king-sized pork shoulder roast.

Gonna be a great night.

Red Brooklyn 04-01-2012 03:45 PM

Oh, also.... I've been reading that there are going to be some more changes to this season - more so than the first. Do we think this season will begin with the Clash prologue?

I hope so.

keg in kc 04-02-2012 12:34 AM

Haven't made it all the way through yet, but it's already the best thing I've seen this year.

KChiefer 04-02-2012 02:10 AM

Only 10 seconds of Ayra. Rubbish!

Watching Cersei flex her vagina only to get punked by Tyrion or her brat is lulz!

Hawk 04-02-2012 07:14 AM

I imagine that we will see more Arya as we go. There's just so much going on that it is going to be difficult to cover it all and there will have to be characters that don't appear much in various episodes. Much of what happens with Arya at the beginning of book 2 was already covered in Season 1 with her leaving KL and getting into a confrontation with Lommy and Hot Pie.

Bowser 04-02-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 8510839)
Only 10 seconds of Ayra. Rubbish!

Watching Cersei flex her vagina only to get punked by Tyrion or her brat is lulz!

Tyrion gave her as big a virtual bitchslap as she's likely ever had in that three minute exchange, and Littlefinger suffered the backlash, even if he was pushing her buttons.

And I have a feeling that they are going to change the focus every episode between characters like they did this week. Next week, we'll likely see little of Robb and Tyrion, while they focus more on Arya and Danny. I'm assuming.

Hawk 04-02-2012 09:33 AM

Next week may also bring in Renly, Margery and Brienne as well as Balon Greyjoy,and Theon's uncle and sister. I think those are most of the new characters for this season. I hope they get into the background of Davos and Stannis as well, their backstory is interesting and will help viewers understand these new characters better.

KChiefer 04-02-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8511172)
Tyrion gave her as big a virtual bitchslap as she's likely ever had in that three minute exchange, and Littlefinger suffered the backlash, even if he was pushing her buttons.

And I have a feeling that they are going to change the focus every episode between characters like they did this week. Next week, we'll likely see little of Robb and Tyrion, while they focus more on Arya and Danny. I'm assuming.

It will be interesting to see how much time they give Robb since he's ironically not a central character in ACoK.

MORE ARYA! Her arc with her troupe in ACoK was my favorite so GET ON IT!

The Littlefinger/Cersei scene was great! Although I really disliked how, after the guards released him, she ordered them through a synchronized swimming routine. A strange complaint, but it was just odd to me. He got the picture of what she controls. Just lean in and tell him to STFU or next time she won't tell her guards to stay that order.

KChiefer 04-02-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8511204)
Next week may also bring in Renly, Margery and Brienne as well as Balon Greyjoy,and Theon's uncle and sister. I think those are most of the new characters for this season. I hope they get into the background of Davos and Stannis as well, their backstory is interesting and will help viewers understand these new characters better.

Oh snap, and Brienne! For sure, Catelyn will treat with Renly next ep. The promo pic for next week had Balon and I think Theon in it.

duncan_idaho 04-02-2012 10:39 AM

It's nice to see more of "Robb the King" being shown. We hear about it a little from Bran/Cat's POV, but don't see it first-hand, really.

Spoiler!

vailpass 04-02-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8511172)

Yes Tyrion got her although I was disappointed they cut out the dialogue there where he was giving her shit about sleeping with Jaime and she slapped him 3 times for it. That part gave me lulz when I read it.

Something like " you were ****ing our sweet Jaime" *slap* "though it seems unfair that you would open your legs for one brother and not the other" *slap* " I never understood what Jaime saw in you besides his own reflection" *slap*

vailpass 04-02-2012 10:54 AM

The casting is excellent in this series but the Melisandre and Stannis choices aren't doing it for me early on. Maybe they'll grow on me?

Huffmeister 04-02-2012 10:59 AM

I really like the portrayal of Davos. Strong, but subservient.

Also, I had heard somewhere that Meera and Jojen Reed are not in this season. Hopefully they will show up at the beginning of next season. I just can't see Bran traveling North with only Hodor as his companion. Maybe they will be written into the show as sympathetic wildlings, possibly friends of Osha.