ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Valentine's Day (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321259)

ptlyon 02-11-2019 01:29 PM

The irony of this thread and Dayze's post.

I was standing in line at home depot just a little bit ago and realized, for whatever reason, V day is this week. I said to myself, "****".

All we ever do is exchange cards, but dammit, I hate picking out cards.

Hammock Parties 02-11-2019 01:45 PM

Go to Le Fou Frog and stage a nasty breakup. Have "the other woman" come in and spill the beans.

First woman leaves. Second woman sits down and finishes dinner with the nefarious gentleman.

Film it. Edit it. Youtube profit.

Fire Me Boy! 02-11-2019 01:48 PM

We don't do anything. It's just another day.

luv 02-11-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 14101383)
last night, my wife and I were watching TV, and a V-day commercial came on TV; we both sort of stared the TV, and she asked "is it really Vday this upcoming week", I said "yup". and she just let out a sigh and said "jesus..."

lol.
neither one of us really do anything for V day other than a card. and we might go to dinner at some point in the next month, but nothing in terms of a special expensive ass dinner. more Like OK Joes, or Gordon Biercsch etc.

hell, we stil haven't gone to dinner yet for our anniversary back in October LMAO. we're both too busy; she's finally come around the last few years that Vday is just a marketing gimmick, like every other holiday or otherwise that's marketed for you to 'celebrate' each month of the year to get you to spend money.

we pretty much do things together all the time, so a 'special' Vday celebration is sort of pointless.

thank god. My buddy has a wife who is allllll about Valentine's Day. He stresses about it from New years until Vday, and drops a boat load of $ each Vday. That would drive me insane.

Valentine's Day is the day we became "officially" exclusive, so it's kind of like an anniversary for us. My man sucks at remembering dates, so we made it Valentine's Day just so he'd remember...lol. I'll admit that I'm more into it than he he, and I'm fine with that. Getting gifts is not my love language. I've always been a gift giver.

Dayze 02-11-2019 01:55 PM

last year the wife and I decided to get each other the most awful, cringe worthy, gaudy card possible.

it was pretty fun.

luv 02-11-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14101424)
The irony of this thread and Dayze's post.

I was standing in line at home depot just a little bit ago and realized, for whatever reason, V day is this week. I said to myself, "****".

All we ever do is exchange cards, but dammit, I hate picking out cards.

For being a gift giver, cards are my Achilles heel. If I don't find something that stands out to me as absolutely "perfect" within the first three cards, then I settle fast. I hate standing there reading cards.

Titty Meat 02-11-2019 01:57 PM

steak and bj

thread

luv 02-11-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14101523)
steak and bj

thread

That's March 14th.

Dayze 02-11-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 14101522)
For being a gift giver, cards are my Achilles heel. If I don't find something that stands out to me as absolutely "perfect" within the first three cards, then I settle fast. I hate standing there reading cards.

there's a great standup bit from Kevin James that perfectly captures your dilema.

I'm the same way though; I try to find something, then narrow my focus pretty fast. I somehow justify whatever i end up getting pretty quickly lol.
"hmmm. a cartoon python saying 'you're sssssssssssssso, sssssssssssweet".....yep, that's perfect"

Fire Me Boy! 02-11-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 14101506)
Valentine's Day is the day we became "officially" exclusive, so it's kind of like an anniversary for us. My man sucks at remembering dates, so we made it Valentine's Day just so he'd remember...lol. I'll admit that I'm more into it than he he, and I'm fine with that. Getting gifts is not my love language. I've always been a gift giver.

Interesting post. I'm curious how many people know their own love language, let alone their SO's.

MahiMike 02-11-2019 02:04 PM

My wife doesn't believe in made up holidays and that's why I love her so much.

luv 02-11-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 14101543)
Interesting post. I'm curious how many people know their own love language, let alone their SO's.

His is acts of service, and mine is words of affirmation. :)

His is clear without him having to take the little test. There were a few that fit me, so I decided to take it one day. Words of affirmation squeaked by ahead of quality time. With him being in the restaurant industry, our kiddo fulfills any quality time I feel I need from anyone.

eDave 02-11-2019 02:18 PM

I did have a woman get me her number at at reggae festival on Saturday. We've texted a bit. I might ask her out for that night but right now I don't want to have to clean my car, nor go down that road at all.

Monty 02-11-2019 02:25 PM

Wife is out out of town helping her Mom. Flowers and chocolates ordered for delivery and we'll do something when she gets back. She likes the chocolates more than the flowers, but our day to day is way more important than the Hallmark holiday. :)

MahiMike 02-11-2019 02:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You're welcome.