ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280244)

Bowser 01-04-2014 11:09 AM

*The NEW Movies Thread*

Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245

Bowser 01-04-2014 11:30 AM

Watched Dredd again with the 17 y/o daughter. It was her first time seeing it, and she loved it.

Easy 6 01-04-2014 11:53 AM

I still need to see Gravity, the new Jack Ryan looks pretty good too, Costner is having something of a resurgence.

Ceej 01-04-2014 11:57 AM

OT - but, whatever happened to IrishJayhawk?

L.A. Chieffan 01-04-2014 12:12 PM

Riddick was ok. Not great, but better than I thought it was gonna be.

BigBeauford 01-04-2014 12:14 PM

Oh god, 2 Guns was the most forgettable movie I have seen in forever. Denzel and Whalberg have no chemistry, Whalberg has been type castes to play the SMS stupid character in every movie, and the writing was awful.

Anyong Bluth 01-04-2014 02:09 PM

The Spectacular Now was a pretty good for a rental or on demand pick.

A.C.O.D. (Adult Children of Divorce) was great- definitely a good black comedy with a bunch of familiar faces.

Starring
Adam Scott
Richard Jenkins
Catherine O'Hara
Amy Poehler
Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Clark Duke
Ken Howard
Jessica Alba
Jane Lynch

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/05/esahu5ut.jpg

Anyong Bluth 01-04-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10335219)
I still need to see Gravity, the new Jack Ryan looks pretty good too, Costner is having something of a resurgence.

He's is in so many upcoming movies. I went to see Wolf of Wall Street, and he was in like 3/4 of the trailers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10335166)
Watched Dredd again with the 17 y/o daughter. It was her first time seeing it, and she loved it.

I thought it was pretty decent, worth a 1-off watch if you're bored and in the mood. It's 1000x better than the first bootup that starred Stalone, and I guess much closer to the source material from the comics (?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10335278)
Riddick was ok. Not great, but better than I thought it was gonna be.

It was okay- the 2nd (Chronicles) I thought was really good- even though it was deadpanned by critics after the first movie got surprisingly good reviews, which wasn't expected as it was released during dead time - typically after the post holiday releases prior to award season when studios don't expect much from the film in terms of $$$ or winning any awards.

Fire Me Boy! 01-04-2014 03:20 PM

Random post to force subscription.

Aries Walker 01-04-2014 04:16 PM

Best superhero movie last year: The Wolverine. Thor: The Dark World was OK, Iron Man 3 was bad, Kick-Ass 2 was horrendous, and Man of Steel was everything wrong with movies today.

chiefzilla1501 01-04-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10335603)
The Spectacular Now was a pretty good for a rental or on demand pick.

A.C.O.D. (Adult Children of Divorce) was great- definitely a good black comedy with a bunch of familiar faces.

Starring
Adam Scott
Richard Jenkins
Catherine O'Hara
Amy Poehler
Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Clark Duke
Ken Howard
Jessica Alba
Jane Lynch

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/05/esahu5ut.jpg

You need to check your eyesight. I don't think any of those actors are black

chiefzilla1501 01-04-2014 05:17 PM

Just watched Flight. Didn't realize it was a zemeckis film. A much more intense movie than I was expecting.

GordonGekko 01-04-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10336795)
Best superhero movie last year: The Wolverine. Thor: The Dark World was OK, Iron Man 3 was bad, Kick-Ass 2 was horrendous, and Man of Steel was everything wrong with movies today.

How was IM3 bad? It was very entertaining at the minimum, and MoS was definitely entertaining as well. KA2 sucked I agree, and I thought Wolverine was kind of meh, the villains in it sucked.

Fairplay 01-04-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 10335291)
Oh god, 2 Guns was the most forgettable movie I have seen in forever. Denzel and Whalberg have no chemistry, Whalberg has been type castes to play the SMS stupid character in every movie, and the writing was awful.

Seen that yesterday a lot of over the top scenes the ending was laughable

Buehler445 01-04-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10338220)
Just watched Flight. Didn't realize it was a zemeckis film. A much more intense movie than I was expecting.

I thought it was really good. I didn't expect any of it. At all. I thought he may have had some alcohol in his system, but I didn't expect all that.

The question I have is can a guy really get piss drunk, take a snort of crack, and be good to go?

Is that even possible?

Deberg_1990 01-05-2014 12:24 AM

Saw Walter Mitty tonight after the game. Really enjoyed it. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a big fan of Ben Stiller. His sense of humor always makes me laugh.

I think I most enjoyed the visual style of the movie. It was strong and unique. Very enjoyable movie.

patteeu 01-05-2014 10:11 AM

The Guard was entertaining for it's dialogue. Clash of the Titans and Wrath of the Titans were better than I expected, but don't expect much.

-King- 01-05-2014 11:05 AM

Watched Fruitvale station last night. Really good movie.

Bowser 01-05-2014 11:14 AM

Elysium was ok, at best. Got the feeling it could have been a ton better.

Nzoner 01-05-2014 11:35 AM

Went to see The Wolf Of Wall Street over the holiday,first time I've ever walked up to get my tickets and had the girl in the booth say,"we have to let you know this is a very vulgar movie."

Of course I bought the tickets anyway and glad I did,thought the movie was very entertaining and I'd give it two thumbs up.

Deberg_1990 01-05-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10345102)
Went to see The Wolf Of Wall Street over the holiday,first time I've ever walked up to get my tickets and had the girl in the booth say,"we have to let you know this is a very vulgar movie."

Of course I bought the tickets anyway and glad I did,thought the movie was very entertaining and I'd give it two thumbs up.

Heh, nearly all Scorcese movies are vulgar to some group of people.

People are acting like this is some new thing.

I think what's happened is, mainstream filmgoers are not quite used to hard R rated movies anymore. PG13 has really toned everything down. A lot of the popular films of the 70s and 80s were hard R rated.

NewChief 01-05-2014 02:53 PM

Okay:

I need suggestions for family friendly movies that aren't the typical animated Pixar stuff because my kids have seen all of those. Things along the lines of Jumanji, Ghostbusters, Willow, Star Wars, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, etc...

I'd prefer movies with enough complexity to keep adults entertained, but they've got to be off the beaten path a bit. Classics with some artistic merit are preferred. We're talking a mature (too mature) 6 year old and a 9 year old here. The Hobbit is about as far as I'll go with the six year old as far as adult themes, and I caved on that one in a moment of weakness (I wanted to see the damned thing too, and I figured letting him see it was my best bet).

Some others they've enjoyed lately:
Escape to Witch Mountain
The Last Mimzy
Air Bud and all the "buddy" movies (groan, I can't stand watching these).

I'm thinking I may hit up all the Miyazaki movies soon. They saw Ponyo when they were younger, but I think they'd like all of them. My older child is obsessed with movies (like on the verge of Asperger's obsessed), so I'd like for him to at least watch stuff that isn't total shit, as he'll sit there and watch Super Buddies, Air Bud, Santa Buddies, and that dreck over and over if I let him, which causes no end of fights about what we're going to watch on family movie nights.

Aries Walker 01-05-2014 04:11 PM

Narnia.

Bowser 01-05-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10346427)
Okay:

I need suggestions for family friendly movies that aren't the typical animated Pixar stuff because my kids have seen all of those. Things along the lines of Jumanji, Ghostbusters, Willow, Star Wars, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, etc...

I'd prefer movies with enough complexity to keep adults entertained, but they've got to be off the beaten path a bit. Classics with some artistic merit are preferred. We're talking a mature (too mature) 6 year old and a 9 year old here. The Hobbit is about as far as I'll go with the six year old as far as adult themes, and I caved on that one in a moment of weakness (I wanted to see the damned thing too, and I figured letting him see it was my best bet).

Escape to Witch Mountain
The Last Mimzy

I'm thinking I may hit up all the Miyazaki movies soon. They saw Ponyo when they were younger, but I think they'd like all of them. My older child is obsessed with movies (like on the verge of Asperger's obsessed), so I'd like for him to at least watch stuff that isn't total shit, as he'll sit there and watch Super Buddies, Air Bud, Santa Buddies, and that dreck over and over if I let him, which causes no end of fights about what we're going to watch on family movie nights.

The Incredibles
Aladdin

SAUTO 01-05-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10342496)
I thought it was really good. I didn't expect any of it. At all. I thought he may have had some alcohol in his system, but I didn't expect all that.

The question I have is can a guy really get piss drunk, take a snort of crack, and be good to go?

Is that even possible?

that wasn't crack.

and yes.

NewChief 01-05-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10347082)
Narnia.

Thanks. Watched it.

NewChief 01-05-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10347317)
The Incredibles
Aladdin

Yes. Seen both. They've seen all the traditional animated movies.

Bowser 01-05-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10347458)
Yes. Seen both. They've seen all the traditional animated movies.

How about Lucas?

NewChief 01-05-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10347510)
How about Lucas?

Seen all the Star Wars. Youngest has been bugging shit out of me about Indiana Jones, but I haven't done it yet. Probably about time. Face melting scene seems a bit much.

patteeu 01-05-2014 06:21 PM

Have they seen Rudy?

NewChief 01-05-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10347819)
Have they seen Rudy?

Good call. Adding to list.

Bowser 01-05-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10347667)
Seen all the Star Wars. Youngest has been bugging shit out of me about Indiana Jones, but I haven't done it yet. Probably about time. Face melting scene seems a bit much.

Heh, not George Lucas. The movie Lucas with Corey Haim....

Anyong Bluth 01-05-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10338209)

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or if you're really not familiar with the term black comedy - also known as a dark comedy.

<NBC> The more you know... . <NBC>

KcMizzou 01-05-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10347317)
The Incredibles
Aladdin

Is it bad that I can still sing songs from that movie?

Great soundtrack.

Anyong Bluth 01-05-2014 07:34 PM

Dallas Buyers Club was a fantastic performance all around. It can obviously be a bit depressing to start off with given the subject matter, but I think it has a positive note to it, and shows a man who was basically living for himself and completely ignorant can make a huge difference and impact once given a true purpose to his life and faced with an initial diagnosis of 30 days or less to live and ended up living many many years longer trying to do good for those facing the same epidemic he was.

Bowser 01-05-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10348173)
Is it bad that I can still sing songs from that movie?

Great soundtrack.

Now I have "A Whole New World" blaring at 11 in my brain speakers. Thanks.

KcMizzou 01-05-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10348197)
Now I have "A Whole New World" blaring at 11 in my brain speakers. Thanks.

"Prince Ali fabulous he, Ali Ababwa."

Fire Me Boy! 01-05-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10348228)

Genuflect, show some respect, down on one knee!

NewChief 01-05-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10348035)
Heh, not George Lucas. The movie Lucas with Corey Haim....

Oh! I don't remember that either. Thanks.

KcMizzou 01-05-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10348233)
Genuflect, show some respect, down on one knee!

Yep! Stuck in my head for life.

ThaVirus 01-05-2014 11:21 PM

"Riff raff! Street rat!
I don't buy that.
If only they'd look clooooser."

Nzoner 01-06-2014 07:13 AM

Quote:

Okay:

Escape to Witch Mountain
The Last Mimzy

Bugsy Malone,yeah it's an old film but a classic.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NOrgDbldcA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 01-06-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10338209)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10348159)
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or if you're really not familiar with the term black comedy - also known as a dark comedy.

<NBC> The more you know... . <NBC>

I needed a good laugh this morning. LMAO

underEJ 01-06-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Okay:

Escape to Witch Mountain
The Last Mimzy

Whale Rider
The Secret Garden
Neverending Story
Freaky Friday (the Jodie Foster one)
Princess Bride
The Black Stallion
A Far Off Place

A bit older maybe but as you mention they are mature, I loved Seems Like Old Times when I was a kid. Saw it when I was ten, but would have enjoyed it even a few years younger than that.

underEJ 01-06-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 10350434)
Whale Rider
The Secret Garden
Neverending Story
Princess Bride
The Black Stallion
A Far Off Place

A bit older maybe but as you mention they are mature, I loved Seems Like Old Times when I was a kid. Saw it when I was ten, but would have enjoyed it even a few years younger than that.

I forgot Amy (1981.) Wasn't available for a long time, but Disney rereleased it a year or so ago.

patteeu 01-06-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 10350434)
Whale Rider
The Secret Garden
Neverending Story
Princess Bride
The Black Stallion
A Far Off Place

Good ones. Here are a few more.

Big (Tom Hanks)
Parent Trap (Lindsay Lohan)
Stardust
The Last Starfighter
Dragonslayer

NewChief 01-06-2014 02:44 PM

Some great recs. Thanks all.

Fire Me Boy! 01-06-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10348798)
"Riff raff! Street rat!
I don't buy that.
If only they'd look clooooser."

Would they see a poor boy? Nosiree. They'd find ooouuuuut... there's so much mooooore to meeeeee.

Great Expectations 01-06-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Okay:

Escape to Witch Mountain
The Last Mimzy

The Peter Sellers Pink Panther movies are great.

Great Expectations 01-06-2014 03:35 PM

I watched the Kings of Summer a copule of weeks ago. It is a very good flick, reminds me of some of the movies I watched as a kid in the mid 80's to early 90's.

Wes Anderson meets Rob Reiner

Dr. Gigglepants 01-06-2014 04:28 PM

Watched Prince Avalanche on new years day. It was a low budget, different kind of movie, probably artsier than I can truly appreciate, but those are good every now and then. Stars Paul Rudd, and the other guy you would know, but I don't know his name...he's been in stuff though. Nothing happens...so don't watch it if you like a lot of stuff to happen. Not a knee slapping comedy, very subtle. Watch at your own risk, and only if you don't mind nothing really happening for an entire movie.

There's obviously a story and a climax, but its not build up for an hour then we see the aliens then everybody dies in a gory battle. But nothing really happens.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 01-06-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10336795)

Watched The Wolverine this past weekend. It was pretty good. Easy to tell how it was going to end in the first 15 minutes. Still pretty funny to watch my wife's reaction at the ending though.

Still have yet to see the new Thor movie.

Iron Man 3 was alright. Not the best of the 3 at all.

Kick Ass 2 was disappointing.

Pablo 01-06-2014 04:36 PM

I'd forgotten all about Kick Ass 2. I was hoping it would be as good as the first, but it doesn't sound like it.

ThaVirus 01-06-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10350497)

Big (Tom Hanks)

LOVE that movie. Haven't seen it in years but I was actually thinking about it the other day.

ThaVirus 01-06-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10350521)
Would they see a poor boy? Nosiree. They'd find ooouuuuut... there's so much mooooore to meeeeee.

LMAO

"Gotta keep one jump ahead of the breadline
One swing ahead of the sword.
I steal only what I can't afford
..And that's everything!"

We could go on forever.

Fire Me Boy! 01-06-2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10351112)
LMAO

"Gotta keep one jump ahead of the breadline
One swing ahead of the sword.
I steal only what I can't afford
..And that's everything!"

We could go on forever.

:D

chiefzilla1501 01-06-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10348228)

Ah, Aladdin. Definitely categorize that as a dark comedy.

chiefzilla1501 01-06-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 10350901)
Watched Prince Avalanche on new years day. It was a low budget, different kind of movie, probably artsier than I can truly appreciate, but those are good every now and then. Stars Paul Rudd, and the other guy you would know, but I don't know his name...he's been in stuff though. Nothing happens...so don't watch it if you like a lot of stuff to happen. Not a knee slapping comedy, very subtle. Watch at your own risk, and only if you don't mind nothing really happening for an entire movie.

There's obviously a story and a climax, but its not build up for an hour then we see the aliens then everybody dies in a gory battle. But nothing really happens.
Posted via Mobile Device

A really good movie. Underrated. Paul Rudd is probably one of my favorite modern day actors. The story did not make me climax, however.

Anyong Bluth 01-06-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10351321)
Ah, Aladdin. Definitely categorize that as a dark comedy.

Don't you mean tan or mocha ?

Deberg_1990 01-06-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10350521)

I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid.....

Aries Walker 01-06-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10350929)
I'd forgotten all about Kick Ass 2. I was hoping it would be as good as the first, but it doesn't sound like it.

It wasn't even close. They abandoned all of the charm and appeal of the first one and went for over-the-top graphic violence and brutality.

mr. tegu 01-06-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Okay:

Escape to Witch Mountain
The Last Mimzy

The Land Before Time! I loved that movie.

ThaVirus 01-07-2014 12:11 AM

Land Before Time was great. They went on for too damn long after they made the 16th one but whatevs.

NewChief 01-07-2014 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10351589)
The Land Before Time! I loved that movie.

Their grandmother literally has every single one of those on VHS. Prior to the "buddy" movies, they were my eldest's obsession. He talked like that ****ing pterodactyl for about a year.

He's really into music as well. His first song he "wrote" contained the lyrics "Petrie in the sky, flying so high" sung while he banged on drums and his little brother thrashed a guitar into oblivion.

listopencil 01-07-2014 02:08 AM

Quote:

Okay:

Escape to Witch Mountain
The Last Mimzy

I'm thinking I may hit up all the Miyazaki movies soon.
They saw Ponyo when they were younger, but I think they'd like all of them. My older child is obsessed with movies (like on the verge of Asperger's obsessed), so I'd like for him to at least watch stuff that isn't total shit, as he'll sit there and watch Super Buddies, Air Bud, Santa Buddies, and that dreck over and over if I let him, which causes no end of fights about what we're going to watch on family movie nights.

If you/they haven't already seen them:

Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle

listopencil 01-07-2014 02:11 AM

Oh, and The Prince Of Egypt was pretty good.

ThaVirus 01-07-2014 11:29 PM

I thought Thor: The Dark World was pretty good.

The main villain was pretty lame and the fight scenes didn't really do it for me but the comic relief alone was worth it.

Pretty much any scene with Loki was tits. Also:

Spoiler!

chiefzilla1501 01-08-2014 04:47 AM

If you're looking for a good family friendly movie, my two favorite ones (I'm a sap for dogs) Bolt and Hachi (the movie is actually not as cheesy as I thought)

If you want the exact opposite, watch some korean movies. These movies are ****ing brilliant, but unbelievably graphic. Man from Nowhere is violent but tremendous. Oldboy is really ****ed up, but terrific.

Dayze 01-08-2014 11:10 AM

I was laying around on the couch last night trying to find something to watch, and found "That's My Boy" about 5 minutes in. Figured "eh...why not"

I was actually laughing my ass off. lots of 'wrong' parts etc.

SilentHell 01-08-2014 11:24 AM

This isnt a new movie, but it was new to me. It is called Existenz (1999). Movie was extremely awesome. It is similar to an Inception-esque type movie, but better. Left me asking a lot of questions at the end of the movie. I give it an 8/5/10.

Rausch 01-08-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentHell (Post 10355179)
This isnt a new movie, but it was new to me. It is called Existenz (1999). Movie was extremely awesome. It is similar to an Inception-esque type movie, but better. Left me asking a lot of questions at the end of the movie. I give it an 8/5/10.

If you liked that "The Thirteenth Floor" is another good one that's actually relevant now...

Frosty 01-08-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10350497)

Big (Tom Hanks)
Parent Trap (Lindsay Lohan)
Stardust
The Last Starfighter
Dragonslayer

One of my favorite movies but does have boobies in it briefly so NewChief would have to decide how family friendly that is.

Another of my favorites from that era was "Ladyhawke". I went to find it recently and it looks like it might be out of print. It's pretty expensive for an old movie.

If you liked "Stardust" there is also "The Golden Compass". It wasn't great but I found it entertaining. They were supposed to make the sequels but it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.

Frosty 01-08-2014 12:10 PM

Also, if NewChiefs' son likes fantasy, DragonHeart isn't too bad.

NewChief 01-08-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10355285)
One of my favorite movies but does have boobies in it briefly so NewChief would have to decide how family friendly that is.

Another of my favorites from that era was "Ladyhawke". I went to find it recently and it looks like it might be out of print. It's pretty expensive for an old movie.

If you liked "Stardust" there is also "The Golden Compass". It wasn't great but I found it entertaining. They were supposed to make the sequels but it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.

LadyHawke! Damn that is a blast from the past. Great call. And we've debated Dragonheart, but I wasn't sure if it was worth the effort of me driving the family toward consensus on viewing.

Frosty 01-08-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10355347)
And we've debated Dragonheart, but I wasn't sure if it was worth the effort of me driving the family toward consensus on viewing.

My boys and I quite like the movie and have seen it several times. It's not high art, obviously, but it's fun. We got it in a pack that had Dragonheart 2 but I haven't watched that yet.

You mentioned Miyazaki earlier. I would definitely recommend them. My boys really enjoyed them, especially the earlier ones like "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind" and "My Neighbor Totoro".

beach tribe 01-08-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10342496)

Is that even possible?

Kind of.

You need more than just the one rail like at the beginning.

Coke wears off in less than an hr and you feel worse than before.
But if you got a gram of some good shit you can be "straight".

underEJ 01-08-2014 04:57 PM

A few more good family night movies:

Searching for Bobby Fischer
October Sky
Hoosiers
Mad Hot Ballroom
WarGames
House of Cards

chiefzilla1501 01-08-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10355142)
I was laying around on the couch last night trying to find something to watch, and found "That's My Boy" about 5 minutes in. Figured "eh...why not"

I was actually laughing my ass off. lots of 'wrong' parts etc.

Didn't realize they already made a movie about Antonio Cromartie

nstygma 01-08-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10355197)
If you liked that "The Thirteenth Floor" is another good one that's actually relevant now...

I like both and Existenz is good for a rewatch every now and then.
Here are a few others that an Existenz fan might enjoy: Videodrome and Naked Lunch

Easy 6 01-08-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10351546)
It wasn't even close. They abandoned all of the charm and appeal of the first one and went for over-the-top graphic violence and brutality.

Did they really? Yeah lets alienate our core demographic for this one and see what happens... "Disney meets Tarantino? Heres a blank check!"

Thats a damn shame and no wonder it fell off the charts so fast, Cage can really pick them these days... not.