ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs This could be Phyllis Rivers last game at Arrowhead as a Charger (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312229)

RealSNR 12-10-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13274550)
I think Ben might retire this year, especially if they get bounced before meeting New England. He would probably feel like they no longer had a chance to go the distance.

I want to be that team that ends his career with defeat. You never know what you will get from our defense but the run defense has generally been much much better lately.

Our run defense wasn't total trash last year, either. Wasn't good, but it was serviceable. Until Leveon Bell.

I'm getting so goddamn sick and tired of that guy navigating around the backfield for 5 ****ing seconds before he inexplicably blows past our 5 guys in the box. For the 20th ****ing time in the game. It's way worse than any other guy we've had to watch rip us to shreds. I don't even remember Ladanian Tomlinson doing that to us. Not that way.

Get our cap space, sign some better guys on defense, and try again next year with our shiny new QB.

BryanBusby 12-10-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13274583)
Our run defense wasn't total trash last year, either. Wasn't good, but it was serviceable. Until Leveon Bell.

I'm getting so goddamn sick and tired of that guy navigating around the backfield for 5 ****ing seconds before he inexplicably blows past our 5 guys in the box. For the 20th ****ing time in the game. It's way worse than any other guy we've had to watch rip us to shreds. I don't even remember Ladanian Tomlinson doing that to us. Not that way.

Nah, it was trash all last year. Teams were just generally stupid and kept passing on them.

Ron Swanson 12-10-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13274463)
**** the haters. Rivers is cool in my book.

He's a whiny bitch.

Rausch 12-10-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13274583)

Get our cap space, sign some better guys on defense, and try again next year with our shiny new QB.

Bettis would do the same.

I still have nightmares of Bettis running down the field wearing Donnie Edwards like a belt...

Easy 6 12-10-2017 04:15 PM

Rivers has been a worthy foe for a long time, it's sad to see him go out playing in half empty tennis venue... how long can this LA debacle last?

Dartgod 12-10-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13274508)
Rivers can.

Chuck Norris too, probably.

To be fair, Chuck Norris could get Rivers pregnant,

Rausch 12-10-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13274605)
To be fair, Chuck Norris could get Rivers pregnant,

Rivers might be fertile enough to get himself pregnant...

Chiefshrink 12-10-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13274470)
I've always liked the guy. Never got the hate, other than being a rival QB.

Same here. He loves playing in KC and respects the KC fans and will not be intimidated in the least.:shrug:

Chiefshrink 12-10-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13274597)
how long can this LA debacle last?

If they make it deep into the playoffs and possibly to the SB it could last awhile.

TwistedChief 12-10-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13274496)
I want Pittsburgh again. Most people probably would laugh at that, but I want to get that monkey off of our backs. Without Shazier, I think they would struggle to contain Kelce, which might cause a domino effect for guys like Hill and Hunt.

It honestly makes little sense but I've felt like we can take them if we have another shot. They've beaten us twice doing the exact same thing. Shazier being out is a big deal given his speed. I just think we come out aggressive and with a totally different plan.

Rausch 12-10-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13274621)
It honestly makes little sense but I've felt like we can take them if we have another shot. They've beaten us twice doing the exact same thing. Shazier being out is a big deal given his speed. I just think we come out aggressive and with a totally different plan.

We can't beat them at home - we're not beating them on the road...

Rain Man 12-10-2017 04:32 PM

For old times sake, I hope Rivers fumbles away the snap at least once.

Rausch 12-10-2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13274651)
For old times sake, I hope Rivers fumbles away the snap at least once.

You don't want to break tradition...

Buehler445 12-10-2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13274593)
Bettis would do the same.

I still have nightmares of Bettis running down the field wearing Donnie Edwards like a belt...

Oh hell. Thanks for dredging up that repressed memory.

Best22 12-10-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13274464)
They look great right now and I actually picked them to make the Super Bowl yesterday... but I am hoping the Arrowhead energy and familiarity with Rivers will help to stifle them a little bit. Pondering buying tickets right now.

Last time the Chargers came to Arrowhead with playoff hopes, we buried them

Time to do it again!