ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

ptlyon 10-02-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8970882)
Watch the guy play and I guarantee that surprise will go away very quickly.

I think he's got a better arm than RGIII and just as many leadership qualities. Plus, he's built a little sturdier and has better pocket presence (though RGIII certainly isn't lacking in that department).

Only significant advantage RGIII has over Geno is making plays with his feet. But Geno isn't a slouch there, either. He can scramble pretty well when he has to, and is pretty damn elusive in the pocket.

That, and he can make downright ****in cool ballon animals

ptlyon 10-02-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8970876)
Hey baby, can I buy you a drink? And your friend too?

Yes, it is time to take the ugliest girl home from the bar.

DaWolf 10-02-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8970891)
the only way we get Geno is if Clark cleans house in the offseason. Fires Pioli, Romeo etc

Pioli is so ****ing stubborn when it comes to drafting he will never take a guy like Geno

It'll be interesting to see if Daboll has any pull into this situation during the offseason, assuming that the entire thing isn't blown up. When he described his ideal QB in the offseason, and in previous interviews, it was about a guy who could attach the field and who had a strong arm and was accurate. Essentially, he was describing the anti-Cassel.

Pioli, on the other hand, seems to prefer pocket passers who don't work exclusively in the shotgun. I remember a comment he made in the book War Room about some QB who never played under center in College. So he would probably gravitate more towards a Matt Barkley type, my guess would be...

saphojunkie 10-02-2012 04:12 PM

Would you guys deal with another year of Cassel if Geno Smith were sitting behind him? Because that is ALSO a possibility.

WV 10-02-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8971258)
Would you guys deal with another year of Cassel if Geno Smith were sitting behind him? Because that is ALSO a possibility.

Yes....easy question. I could endure another year of Casshole if we actually drafted a QB (especially Smith) in the 1st round.

Sorter 10-02-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

I could deal with it because Cassel wouldn't make it a whole season with Geno in the wings

Rasputin 10-02-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Cassell wouldn't make it past preseason so I not worried. Doesn't even look like he is going to make it past the trade dead line week 8. If not sooner.

Tribal Warfare 10-02-2012 06:04 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

Matt Barkley and Geno Smith are the selections at the #2 spot

MIAdragon 10-02-2012 06:25 PM

If its between Geno and Barkley and we take the latter I will be PISSED.

Gadzooks 10-02-2012 06:27 PM

I heard Barkley was pretty good, plus, he's a starter for USC...

saphojunkie 10-02-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 8971516)

Doesn't have the arm.

Geno Smith is by far the #1 prospect right now.

Rasputin 10-02-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 8971516)

I think Barkley stock is going drop betime the draft rolls around. His arrow will be pointing down. Geno Smith arrow pointing up.

DeezNutz 10-02-2012 06:51 PM

Let's not get this thing twisted: Barkley is a very good prospect. Right now, though, it appears that Smith is going to be off the ****ing chart.

Three7s 10-02-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8971570)
Let's not get this thing twisted: Barkley is a very good prospect. Right now, though, it appears that Smith is going to be off the ****ing chart.

1-15 baby! Our only challenge of the year will be finding a way to lose to the Browns and Raiders.

DeezNutz 10-02-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 8971583)
1-15 baby! Our only challenge of the year will be finding a way to lose to the Browns and Raiders.

I don't think that Cleveland is moving off of Weeden in one year, and OAK is just too ****ing stupid to worry about in earnest. JAX, however, might be a concern should Gabbert not show progress. That said, he's been better to start year two, as one would expect.

Basically, the Chiefs are likely going to be in great position, or they could be in great position via an aggressive trade. The key is to fire Pioli in plenty of time, or for the coward to try so hard to cover his own ass that he crawls into doing the right thing for the wrong reasons (saving his job and fraudulent reputation).