ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Raiders have a Gruden problem (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314724)

KChiefs1 04-03-2018 03:51 PM

The Raiders have a Gruden problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13501251)
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...gruden-problem
It’s important to remember that Jon Gruden, Oakland’s $100 million retread of a head coach, wasn’t hired to make personnel decisions. Those duties, at least in theory, should fall in the hands of long-time GM Reggie McKenzie. But in looking at Oakland’s offseason transformation, it would be naïve to think McKenzie is running the show. Gruden’s fingerprints are all over the Raiders’ new roster and that’s a problem.

Giving full roster control—and $100 million—to an average-at-best coach who hasn’t been behind an NFL sideline in a literal decade seems like a reckless misstep for a team that looked like it was finally onto something after making the playoffs in 2016. But here we are, living in Gruden’s warped football dystopia, where long-snappers and converted fullbacks reign supreme.

The AFC West will ours for years & years.

MTG#10 04-03-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13501368)
woah, can we get aCliff notes version Batman? Geeezzzz

Gruden sucks

Easy 6 04-03-2018 04:51 PM

I obviously hope he bombs out, because

a) **** the Raiders
b) they shit on their very good fanbase
c) less competition in the AFCW cant be a bad thing

But I'm not personally expecting it, the guy has had time to digest everything he learned way back when, and has been keeping up with league trends all along... he is capable of getting them back to respectable, IMO

GloucesterChief 04-03-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13501748)
I obviously hope he bombs out, because

a) **** the Raiders
b) they shit on their very good fanbase
c) less competition in the AFCW cant be a bad thing

But I'm not personally expecting it, the guy has had time to digest everything he learned way back when, and has been keeping up with league trends all along... he is capable of getting them back to respectable, IMO

He couldn't do much when Tampa's defense full of future hall of famers and pro bowlers started to age.

Easy 6 04-03-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13501790)
He couldn't do much when Tampa's defense full of future hall of famers and pro bowlers started to age.

Fair enough, he did win it all... but didnt do much beyond that one great season

We'll see, I just believe he is a sharper, more mature guy this time around (arent we all 20+ years later) who has a plan

RustShack 04-03-2018 06:30 PM

The Raiders were also the only team to ask Iowa States All-American LB to work out at FB during their Pro Day.

MahiMike 04-03-2018 06:43 PM

That was hilarious.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-03-2018 06:52 PM

I would say being a NFL Head Coach is a really ,really demanding job. And even though he knows what it entails, he's had a good gig for some time and this will wear on him REALLY fast.

What are the chances he just wanted a free spot in Vegas ??

RealSNR 04-03-2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13501353)
This move was made to sell luxury boxes and PSL's in the new Vegas stadium first and foremost. Let's see what kind of draft he puts together before we discount him completely.

That's the problem. "Let's see what kind of draft he has."

Why does he get a draft? The Raiders have Reggie McKenzie, who DIDN'T take a 20 year break from the NFL.

lawrenceRaider 04-04-2018 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13501583)
I enjoyed reading about Raider tears so much I read it twice.

More like fantasy by a nervous rival fan.

lawrenceRaider 04-04-2018 05:00 AM

Remember, we had JDR as our coach. So even if Gruden is JAG, its a huge upgrade over what we had.

jjchieffan 04-04-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13502458)
Remember, we had JDR as our coach. So even if Gruden is JAG, its a huge upgrade over what we had.

Hard to argue with that. JDR was awful. I was kinda hoping that he would be kept around another year or two. But the Donks kept their inept coach. I guess that hoping for 2 division rivals to do that was asking too much.

wazu 04-04-2018 06:58 AM

Quote:

The 54-year-old has rehabbed his image in subsequent years with his stellar analysis on Monday Night Football
Anybody else feel like they’re taking crazy pills when they read this? I lost respect for Gruden after listening to his meathead takes on MNF. It made me look back on his coaching career and evaluate with a more critical eye.

Eleazar 04-04-2018 07:37 AM

I like a Raiders hate thread as much as the next guy, but their Gruden problem is no different than our Reid problem, except that Gruden has actually taken a team to the promised land before.

GloucesterChief 04-04-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13502556)
I like a Raiders hate thread as much as the next guy, but their Gruden problem is no different than our Reid problem, except that Gruden Monte Kiffin has actually taken a team to the promised land before.

FYP.