ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Berry missed today's practice, back to Day-To-Day. Also Dorian O'Daniel Note (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320226)

Marcellus 01-10-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14022588)
The Chiefs AND Berry are at fault here.

What did Berry do wrong? Get as much $ as he could?

Hard to keep track around here, 99% of the time people take the players side and now...........

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14022550)
SMH it's almost as if some folks don't look at these players as HUMAN BEINGS!!!...just like the "good old days" :rolleyes:

ROFL

THERE HE IS!!!!!

(wuz' wundrin when you'd catch the scent, dawg)

The Franchise 01-10-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14022596)
What did Berry do wrong? Get as much $ as he could?

Hard to keep track around here, 99% of the time people take the players side and now...........

We get it. Berry can do no wrong. There is no point in arguing with you about anything related to Berry.

PAChiefsGuy 01-10-2019 11:41 AM

I agree with Marcellus. I don't see how you can get mad at a player for getting hurt. How some of you can joke about one of our players getting injured blows my mind. Let someone come and and put a bat to your ankle and we will see how funny you think it is then.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14022579)
Also its been pointed out Berry took his approach to the contract negotiations because the team didn't even offer him a contract after his rookie deal and franchised him without an offer and he played that year on the tag. At an All Pro level I might add. They could have gotten him cheaper the year before and been a year farther down the road on the contract.

Chiefs screwed this up in many ways.

Who got the money instead?

Sassy Squatch 01-10-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14022607)
I agree with Marcellus. I don't see how you can get mad at a player for getting hurt. How some of you can joke about one of our players getting injured blows my mind. Let someone come and and put a bat to your ankle and we will see how funny you think it is then.

People joke about others dying horrific deaths on this site. Get over yourself.

The Franchise 01-10-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Is that what happened? Someone took a bat to his ankle?

Mecca 01-10-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

People tend to lack sympathy when he makes a ton of money and he can't play cause he's sore. It's the suck it up and deal with it attitude...the same attitude that a lot of people apply to themselves when they go to work everyday.

suzzer99 01-10-2019 11:43 AM

Berry is still by all accounts the emotional leader of this team. If the players had any doubts about his toughness or willingness to play through pain when possible, I doubt they'd still flock to him.

I'm gonna go with their assessment over some dudes on an internet forum.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2019 11:50 AM

And why do players get pissed about the tag? If the GM comes to me and says, "I need to shore up this and this and take care of this other contract which is due right now, but I'm going to pay you more in guaranteed money for ONE year than you would see in one year of a 5 year contract, and then we'll get you signed before the start of the following season", why the **** the bad blood?

So afraid of an injury that you can't make it one more season on your initial contract? You know, the one you SIGNED?

Sassy Squatch 01-10-2019 11:52 AM

Oh, I believe Berry is still the leader of this defense. They very rarely, if ever, show up.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14022602)
We get it. Berry can do no wrong. There is no point in arguing with you about anything related to Berry.

And Reid. Don't forget Reid.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14022627)
Oh, I believe Berry is still the leader of this defense. They very rarely, if ever, show up.

ROFL

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-10-2019 11:54 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry is not with the Chiefs for the start of their final practice of the week.</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1083421326986104832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Frazod 01-10-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14022615)
Berry is still by all accounts the emotional leader of this team. If the players had any doubts about his toughness or willingness to play through pain when possible, I doubt they'd still flock to him.

I'm gonna go with their assessment over some dudes on an internet forum.

Of course, us dudes on the internet have basically contributed the same amount of effort to the defense as Berry has, so there is that.