ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Free fashion advice for the style-challenged male. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=195919)

Simply Red 03-26-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10519007)
Are those nice enough to wear with a black suit/shirt/tie?

they will be fine.

MTG#10 03-26-2014 05:11 PM

This is what I'm wearing to this formal thing I was talking about, with dark grey pants and I guess the black buckle shoes. Would this shirt/tie also go with the black suit Im wearing to court in a couple months or is the purple too dark for a black suit?

I know it looks off but the shirt is the same purple as the dark purple in the tie, I dont know why it looks blue in the pic.

http://s0.uploads.im/LUVzI.jpg

Simply Red 03-26-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10519052)
This is what I'm wearing to this formal thing I was talking about, with dark grey pants and I guess the black buckle shoes. Would this shirt/tie also go with the black suit Im wearing to court in a couple months or is the purple too dark for a black suit?

I know it looks off but the shirt is the same purple as the dark purple in the tie, I dont know why it looks blue in the pic.

That is fine - yes. Be sure you get the fold markings out - just that - and the other things are fine.

htismaqe 03-26-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10519052)

Those should work just fine with grey or black pants actually.

MTG#10 03-26-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10519064)
That is fine - yes. Be sure you get the fold markings out - just that - and the other things are fine.

Jesus Im going to have to buy a steamer now I guess, I cant iron for shit.

lcarus 03-26-2014 05:20 PM

I guess this isn't the right thread, but I'll ask anyway. I've been growing my hair long for the last year or longer. I'm trying to get it a bit past shoulder length. Right now my bangs come down to about my chin, but the back comes down past my collar. It looks like shit right now but I don't really wanna get it cut because it will just prolong the "awkward phase". Should I just bite the bullet and get it trimmed a little? Should I get more cut off the back than in the front? These are probably stupid questions but I'm new to the long hair stuff. I think I am cut out for long hair, but it's been quite a process. My hair doesn't grow very fast.

htismaqe 03-26-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10519092)
I guess this isn't the right thread, but I'll ask anyway. I've been growing my hair long for the last year or longer. I'm trying to get it a bit past shoulder length. Right now my bangs come down to about my chin, but the back comes down past my collar. It looks like shit right now but I don't really wanna get it cut because it will just prolong the "awkward phase". Should I just bite the bullet and get it trimmed a little? Should I get more cut off the back than in the front? These are probably stupid questions but I'm new to the long hair stuff. I think I am cut out for long hair, but it's been quite a process. My hair doesn't grow very fast.

I haven't had a haircut in over 3 years. I'm the wrong person to ask about this one.

I'm sure Red will tell you that the best thing to do is to get it all cut off. Long hair isn't exactly "in" anymore.

ThaVirus 03-26-2014 05:23 PM

I was once told that your hair actually grows faster after you cut it. When you clip the split ends and all that, your hair gets healthier and grows more quickly..

I'm not sure if that's true.

lcarus 03-26-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10519097)
I haven't had a haircut in over 3 years. I'm the wrong person to ask about this one.

I'm sure Red will tell you that the best thing to do is to get it all cut off. Long hair isn't exactly "in" anymore.

Yeah I catch shit from some people in my family and circle of friends about it, but I don't care. You only live once and I've always thought long hair was cool if you're cut out for it. If it sucks or I get sick of it I can always get it cut later.

lcarus 03-26-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10519100)
I was once told that your hair actually grows faster after you cut it. When you clip the split ends and all that, your hair gets healthier and grows more quickly..

I'm not sure if that's true.

I've read that's a myth, but in May I got a trim and it DID seem to grow faster after that, so who knows?

Hammock Parties 03-26-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10519092)

Mecca?

ThaVirus 03-26-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10519106)
I've read that's a myth, but in May I got a trim and it DID seem to grow faster after that, so who knows?

Yeah, your hair grows from the root so I'm not sure how it would make any sense but the guy that told me had a girlfriend that graduated from Paul Mitchell so... ROFL

htismaqe 03-26-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10519104)
Yeah I catch shit from some people in my family and circle of friends about it, but I don't care. You only live once and I've always thought long hair was cool if you're cut out for it. If it sucks or I get sick of it I can always get it cut later.

Same with me. My oldest daughter thinks it's cool as shit, my youngest calls me "ma'am".

I have seriously curly Jewish hair, so I had kept it real short (2 inches or shorter) for the first 35 or so years of my life. The awkward phase was REALLY awkward, all the way past 8 inches or so (think white guy with a massive fro) but now that it's down past my shoulders, it has relaxed a lot.

The ladies in my office hate me. They gotta pay over $100 to get hair that looks like mine. :D

lcarus 03-26-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10519112)
Same with me. My oldest daughter thinks it's cool as shit, my youngest calls me "ma'am".

I have seriously curly Jewish hair, so I had kept it real short (2 inches or shorter) for the first 35 or so years of my life. The awkward phase was REALLY awkward, all the way past 8 inches or so (think white guy with a massive fro) but now that it's down past my shoulders, it has relaxed a lot.

The ladies in my office hate me. They gotta pay over $100 to get hair that looks like mine. :D

My dad and grandpa give me shit every time they see me. ESPECIALLY my grandpa. I have thick brown hair that's slightly wavy. It looks pretty bad right now, I'm not gonna lie. Some days are ok. I'm so close to being able to tie it back. I think I'm just gonna pass on the trim and let it go. Shit would probably grow a lot faster if I drank water like humans are supposed to and ate good fruits and vegetables.

NewChief 03-26-2014 06:23 PM

I had long hair for years and dreadlocks (that's right mother****ers. White boy dreads). If I could have long hair still, I would. The receding hairline caught up though, and I'm pretty close shaven these days.